• Morgan

• CJGJ

• The Internet

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Sooperstar
9 minutes ago, CJGJ said:

No

A lucky escape. Would have been a different story had the ref done his job in the 1st half.

4 minutes ago, Sooperstar said:

A lucky escape. Would have been a different story had the ref done his job in the 1st half.

Yawn

Simply put Liverpool deserved the victory over the 90 mins

Fozzyonthefence
8 hours ago, Stephane Grappelli said:

They do have some striking similarities to Celtic.  The rewriting of history to suit them, offended by everything embarrassed by nothing, want to win everything yet still be loved at the same time, chip on the shoulder, victim complex... l could go on.

I have a number of reasons for being interested in Spanish football, it would be boring if we all just like the same stuff. You probably have interests that I would find boring, like golf or crochet, but unlike you I don't feel the need to pass judgement.

You don’t like to pass judgement???   What was that about “cheating jammy barstewards”?  Sounds pretty (or should that be petty?) judgemental to me.

Stephane Grappelli
7 hours ago, Fozzyonthefence said:

You don’t like to pass judgement???   What was that about “cheating jammy barstewards”?  Sounds pretty (or should that be petty?) judgemental to me.

Come on now Fozzy!  Are you being deliberately obtuse or do you really not understand?

chester copperpot
9 hours ago, CJGJ said:

Yawn

Simply put Liverpool deserved the victory over the 90 mins

Correct.

On 04/05/2019 at 22:08, Sooperstar said:

the "freekick" for the winner was a clear dive by fabinho

Semi-finals 2nd legs

Tuesday 7th May 2019

Liverpool v Barcelona (agg. 0-3)

Wednesday 8th May 2019

Ajax v Tottenham Hotspur (agg. 1-0)

I’m going for 2-0 for Liverpool tonight and a 1-0 away win for Tottenham tomorrow after 90 minutes, with Tottenham going through.

Barcelona v Tottenham Hotspur final.

1 minute ago, kila said:

CJGJ where art thou?

Been a quiet couple days :D

Concentrating on the title push?

:) 

The Internet

Barca v Ajax final. Spurs will score but can't see them stopping Ajax scoring. Can see plenty goals in the other game too. 

Liverpool 2-4 Barcelona

Ajax 2-1 Spurs

Mr Elwood P
5 minutes ago, Mauricio Pinilla said:

Barca v Ajax final. Spurs will score but can't see them stopping Ajax scoring. Can see plenty goals in the other game too. 

Liverpool 2-4 Barcelona

Ajax 2-1 Spurs

Liverpool 0-0 Barcelona 

Ajax 0-0 Spurs

The Old Tolbooth

With no Salah, Bobby, or Keita, available for tonight, I really can't see Liverpool progressing now, especially if he picks the utterly useless Sturridge over Origi! I'd even have Brewster in the team before Sturridge these days, he's an absolute waste of a jersey now and a liability! 

An early goal and who knows, but it's a tough ask not to concede as well against that front line of Barca's.  

I reckon Klopp will ignore subtlety tonight and just go for attacking at full pelt from the first whistle. Therefore I predict a red card for Liverpool at some point. 

The Old Tolbooth
1 minute ago, Tazio said:

I reckon Klopp will ignore subtlety tonight and just go for attacking at full pelt from the first whistle. Therefore I predict a red card for Liverpool at some point. 

If Leicester had gotten something last night, I could have seen Klopp being very cagey tonight and dropping some of the bigger players, however he has no choice but to go for it now as the league looks done. 

Mr Elwood P
5 minutes ago, The Old Tolbooth said:

If Leicester had gotten something last night, I could have seen Klopp being very cagey tonight and dropping some of the bigger players, however he has no choice but to go for it now as the league looks done. 

They're already injured!

chester copperpot

Barca will score and theres no way Liverpool are getting 5!

Good CL run though, has to be said. Only 4 teams can get this far.

The Old Tolbooth
Just now, Mr Elwood P said:

They're already injured!

I doubt you'd have seen Virgil, Hendo/Milner, or Mane in the line up either tonight if Leicester had gotten something last night, big Virgil was a slight doubt for tonight anyway but looks like he's going to make it now, he'd have wrapped them up in cotton wool for Sunday as Liverpool will be challenging in the CL for a good few years to come yet, but if City keep pumping endless money into their club, then Liverpool might not get another chance as good as this for a shot at the title, and as a Pool fan myself, I'd rather have the latter. 

Mikey1874
9 minutes ago, The Old Tolbooth said:

I doubt you'd have seen Virgil, Hendo/Milner, or Mane in the line up either tonight if Leicester had gotten something last night, big Virgil was a slight doubt for tonight anyway but looks like he's going to make it now, he'd have wrapped them up in cotton wool for Sunday as Liverpool will be challenging in the CL for a good few years to come yet, but if City keep pumping endless money into their club, then Liverpool might not get another chance as good as this for a shot at the title, and as a Pool fan myself, I'd rather have the latter. 

No chance. 

Klopp isn't giving up on a Champions League final just cos they have to play Wolves. 

And unlike a lot of people he will still be looking to win and get through. 

2 minutes ago, The Old Tolbooth said:

Indeed, not forgetting the £400m Klopp has spent either. If he wants to keep on spending like this it will mean Salah or Van Dijk being sold to fund it. Its ridiculous that the 2 clubs have spent around £1bn between them in the last 3 seasons. Still at least they are doing well, Man Utd have been in the same markets and look at the state of them.

Mr Elwood P
2 minutes ago, Tazio said:

Indeed, not forgetting the £400m Klopp has spent either. If he wants to keep on spending like this it will mean Salah or Van Dijk being sold to fund it. Its ridiculous that the 2 clubs have spent around £1bn between them in the last 3 seasons. Still at least they are doing well, Man Utd have been in the same markets and look at the state of them.

Manchester City only spent £60m this season, Liverpool spent £150m.

15 minutes ago, The Old Tolbooth said:

Could see Man City dropping points to Brighton only for Liverpool to draw 2-2 with Wolves!

The Old Tolbooth

You've got a wee bee in your bonnet about this eh? :lol:

The difference is that Liverpool have to sell their best assets to be able to purchase more players, but Klopp has a good eye for a player, although I'm not so sure Liverpool really need to sell to be able to buy any more as they've made a pretty penny over the last 2 seasons or so. City and United don't need to sell to buy, the wage bills at both Manchester clubs are ridiculous, and whilst I appreciate that yourself a Spurs fan who's club have been trying to balance the books due to a new stadium (outstanding stadium btw), you must be frustrated of the lack of funds for players available at Spurs compared to what the Manchester clubs, and Liverpool have been throwing at the transfer market lately, and for Spurs to have remained so high up the table is testament to Poch, who is an outstanding manager, once you lot get funds you could do some serious damage if you keep a hold of Poch. 

I do appreciate that Liverpool have spent a lot of cash getting the players in who they want, however they've also had to sell the crown jewels to make it happen, and have balanced the books very well in the process with a net spend of less than Everton over the last 5 years (I know you love a good old "net spend" comment) :lol: 

5 minutes ago, Mr Elwood P said:

Manchester City only spent £60m this season, Liverpool spent £150m.

Which if anything amplifies how crazy Man City's spend the previous 2 seasons was. Meaning the average on the 2 previous seasons was over £200m

The Old Tolbooth
14 minutes ago, Mikey1874 said:

No chance. 

Klopp isn't giving up on a Champions League final just cos they have to play Wolves. 

And unlike a lot of people he will still be looking to win and get through. 

He will be now mate, but had City dropped points last night, I'm not so sure he'd be going out all guns blazing tonight, whereas now he has no choice. I just wish he'd try as hard in the domestic cups as a trophy is a trophy for me. 

9 minutes ago, Mr Elwood P said:

Could see Man City dropping points to Brighton only for Liverpool to draw 2-2 with Wolves!

That's exactly my thinking too! Wolves are no mugs, and Brighton have sharpened up a bit in recent weeks, although at least Wolves have nothing to play for on Sunday now, but I'm not sure that's a good thing as neither did Newcastle! :lol: 

Edited by The Old Tolbooth

4 minutes ago, The Old Tolbooth said:

You've got a wee bee in your bonnet about this eh? :lol:

The difference is that Liverpool have to sell their best assets to be able to purchase more players, but Klopp has a good eye for a player, although I'm not so sure Liverpool really need to sell to be able to buy any more as they've made a pretty penny over the last 2 seasons or so. City and United don't need to sell to buy, the wage bills at both Manchester clubs are ridiculous, and whilst I appreciate that yourself a Spurs fan who's club have been trying to balance the books due to a new stadium (outstanding stadium btw), you must be frustrated of the lack of funds for players available at Spurs compared to what the Manchester clubs, and Liverpool have been throwing at the transfer market lately, and for Spurs to have remained so high up the table is testament to Poch, who is an outstanding manager, once you lot get funds you could do some serious damage if you keep a hold of Poch. 

I do appreciate that Liverpool have spent a lot of cash getting the players in who they want, however they've also had to sell the crown jewels to make it happen, and have balanced the books very well in the process with a net spend of less than Everton over the last 5 years (I know you love a good old "net spend" comment) :lol: 

I've just got a bee in my bonnet in general over the spending down south. I checked out the Liverpool spend over the last few seasons and perhaps even more annoying to me is some of the players they sold and the money they got for them. Obviously Coutinho made up a huge part of that and is a great player that they sold at the right moment, similar to selling Torres. But some of the others? £15m for Ibe to Bournemouth, £19m for Solanke to Bournemouth, £13.5m for Joe Allen to Stoke, and astonishingly £7m for someone called Kevin Stewart to Hull after only 11 appearances for Liverpool. It's all gone made down there in terms of cash. Good business by Liverpool but symptomatic of the cash hungry way English football operates now. 

And yes I do wish Spurs had that kind of transfer budget. 

The Old Tolbooth

I've just got a bee in my bonnet in general over the spending down south. I checked out the Liverpool spend over the last few seasons and perhaps even more annoying to me is some of the players they sold and the money they got for them. Obviously Coutinho made up a huge part of that and is a great player that they sold at the right moment, similar to selling Torres. But some of the others? £15m for Ibe to Bournemouth, £19m for Solanke to Bournemouth, £13.5m for Joe Allen to Stoke, and astonishingly £7m for someone called Kevin Stewart to Hull after only 11 appearances for Liverpool. It's all gone made down there in terms of cash. Good business by Liverpool but symptomatic of the cash hungry way English football operates now. 

No arguments from me there mate, and they want circa £10M for Ryan Kent as well, although will offload him to Rangers for £7M, he's barely played a first team game for Liverpool, and he's looked very limited up here too! The money involved in football down South is pretty disgusting to be honest, especially when you consider that pretty much any Scottish club could be wound up for debts a lot less than Ryan Kent is valued at, makes you sick a bit actually. 

P.S. Liverpool have slapped a £40M transfer fee on the head of Markovic, and it looks like they're going to get it too, madness! 

12 minutes ago, The Old Tolbooth said:

The money involved in football down South is pretty disgusting to be honest

When you consider that Bournemouth have a stadium that holds around 11,000 it really hammers it home. There was a report a couple of season ago about there being a number of teams in the EPL that due to TV money and commercial income didn't actually need any fans in the ground to survive financially. That list included Spurs who at the time were still at the old Lane with average crowds of over 30,000.  

The Old Tolbooth
7 minutes ago, Tazio said:

When you consider that Bournemouth have a stadium that holds around 11,000 it really hammers it home. There was a report a couple of season ago about there being a number of teams in the EPL that due to TV money and commercial income didn't actually need any fans in the ground to survive financially. That list included Spurs who at the time were still at the old Lane with average crowds of over 30,000.  

And yet they still price fans out of the game down South in the name of greed, a Chelsea season ticket sets you back a fortune, and they don;t even need the money! The Germans have the right idea, they don't need the fans money either so keep the prices very low, it generates superb crowds and atmospheres as it's not just the well off who can afford to go. 

Mr Elwood P
25 minutes ago, Tazio said:

That's the outcome when you have the folk running your league constantly talking it up as the best league in the world, eventually it will become just that. Juxtaposed with the situation in Scotland where we constantly talk our league down. Folk blame Sky but the success of the English Premier League comes in a large part from the way it has been successfully promoted and developed as a product by folk like Richard Scudamore. We've got folk at the helm of our negotiations for Tv revenue who constantly diminish the product. 

Mr Elwood P
41 minutes ago, The Old Tolbooth said:

He will be now mate, but had City dropped points last night, I'm not so sure he'd be going out all guns blazing tonight, whereas now he has no choice. I just wish he'd try as hard in the domestic cups as a trophy is a trophy for me. 

That's exactly my thinking too! Wolves are no mugs, and Brighton have sharpened up a bit in recent weeks, although at least Wolves have nothing to play for on Sunday now, but I'm not sure that's a good thing as neither did Newcastle! :lol: 

Shame that 'gilt edged chance' fell to Iheanacho and not Vardy last night!

The Old Tolbooth
2 minutes ago, Mr Elwood P said:

Shame that 'gilt edged chance' fell to Iheanacho and not Vardy last night!

I was out of my seat at that chance, and quickly back in it again! 

Bazzas right boot
11 minutes ago, Tazio said:

Bournemouth funded Jack wilshieres (sp) wages when on loan to them a few years ago. 

£125k a week. 

1 player. 

Bournemouth....... 

?????

The Internet

The Kevin Stewart one is amazing as they got Robertson from Hull at the same time for about the same price. 

1 hour ago, The Old Tolbooth said:

No arguments from me there mate, and they want circa £10M for Ryan Kent as well, although will offload him to Rangers for £7M, he's barely played a first team game for Liverpool, and he's looked very limited up here too! The money involved in football down South is pretty disgusting to be honest, especially when you consider that pretty much any Scottish club could be wound up for debts a lot less than Ryan Kent is valued at, makes you sick a bit actually. 

P.S. Liverpool have slapped a £40M transfer fee on the head of Markovic, and it looks like they're going to get it too, madness! 

Ryan Kent is pretty good like, wouldn't describe him as limited.

The Old Tolbooth
14 minutes ago, RudiHMFC said:

Not £10M good though, he's been average up here I reckon, nothing special. 

1 hour ago, RudiHMFC said:

Overrated that goal against Celtic couldn't believe how great he became after that.

His YPOTY  award was so predictable and not deserved.

5 hours ago, kila said:

CJGJ where art thou?

Been a quiet couple days :D

I was not aware anything had happened on the Champions League thread until tonight..sorry for not posting on it.

Now as for tonight I'm looking forward to the comeback of all comebacks...no really...really !!  :whistling:

Bazzas right boot

Ooft, an inch from a goal 

Robertson winding Messi up. ?

Edited by Olly Lee's left boot

Mikey1874
7 minutes ago, Mikey1874 said:

Very very simple for Liverpool.

Score a goal then go from there. 

And now get another 

Just now, kila said:

1-0 Liverpool!

Good start , quick second this game could be a classic

Bazzas right boot

This will go to 2/3 Liverpool then Messi will score a screamer.