What a dick

GlasgoJambo

Anyone got a gif of that Djoum challenge? Haven’t seen it again since the game. Was surpised he wasn’t sent off based on the live viewing 

kingantti1874

Bbc highlights are a complete ****ing disgrace. Must be edited by a celtic or hibs fan. No mattrr what they make it look like we win against the run of play. 

Sir Vladimir of Romanov
4 minutes ago, GlasgoJambo said:

Because Uche didn't make a meal of it.

And that's what I loved, a cheap shot and he didn't roll about for half  an hour claiming to have been stabbed. 

2 minutes ago, Ali Lawrie said:

Anyone got a gif of that Djoum challenge? Haven’t seen it again since the game. Was surpised he wasn’t sent off based on the live viewing 

Thought it might have merited red at the time and confirmed on Sportscene. I can only assume the ref let him off with a yellow as he was just on the park. Didn't see the clash with Uche at the time, just thought it must have been a collision but looking at the op clip the St M boy ran right into him and took him out.

2 minutes ago, kingantti1874 said:

Bbc highlights are a complete ****ing disgrace. Must be edited by a celtic or hibs fan. No mattrr what they make it look like we win against the run of play. 

30 attempts at goal and they show the 4 goals and Demitri’s overhead kick. They showed every one of St Mirren’s efforts. 

How long is it going to take before refs start giving him some protection. Some shocking decisions go against him. I guess purely because he is a big lad?

4 minutes ago, Barack said:

Rightly. It was a shocker, & he's lucky he stayed on. They didn't flog the point, and say it was violent conduct. Just he was late & fortunate.

He was. 

Uche would've had to have been robbed at gunpoint yesterday, to get anything else from Clancy.

Well, apart from the penalty. :)

Agree, though. There were a few cynical attempts to kick and/or goad him, particularly in the 2nd half. 

3 minutes ago, 1953 said:

....Didn't see the clash with Uche at the time, just thought it must have been a collision but looking at the op clip the St M boy ran right into him and took him out.

He's looking right at him, Uche's following the ball, it was calculated and nasty.

Then to raise his arms like that - twat.

avhudtheteeshirt

Said it on another thread, it was premeditated and the angle the St Mirren player went in ( the neck) it could have been life threatening.

But my biggest problem with the whole thing was, the St Mirren player was the last man, so the linesman had to be looking along the line and seen it, the ball was back with their keeper so, I thought it was a definite red card!!!!!

14 minutes ago, Gashauskis9 said:

Compliance officer can’t ignore that surely?

I think he has to as he was booked for it.

Captain Sausage
15 minutes ago, Rudolf said:

30 attempts at goal and they show the 4 goals and Demitri’s overhead kick. They showed every one of St Mirren’s efforts. 

Usually not one for the conspiracy theories, but they’ve shown the same number of chances for both sides :rofl:

We annihilated them but from the highlights it looks like it was a 50:50 game where we should’ve had a red (we should have, to be fair). 

Uche knew what was going on. Normally a striker pauses his run, Uche didn't. 

That boy wasn't expecting Uche to keep going and he came off worse than Uche I bet.

Lord Beni of Gorgie

I think the compliance is a lady these days. 

This isn't one for them but it's clear Uche is a target. 

Based on last week Djoum is a red.

The Sportscene idiot pair say they want consistency and in the same motion contradict themselves by saying this is red

:rofl:

6 minutes ago, Sir Gio said:

I think the compliance is a lady these days. 

This isn't one for them but it's clear Uche is a target. 

Based on last week Djoum is a red.

The Sportscene idiot pair say they want consistency and in the same motion contradict themselves by saying this is red

:rofl:

Anyone know who the St Mirren player was, was it Baird?

11 minutes ago, Barack said:

Don't see any problem with the highlights, personally. 

Second half was an anti-climax, and St. Mirren had more on target in that half, than us. Were closer to scoring than we were. Should have, in fact.

Don't see any need about bothering about their perceived bias on our game. Those who were there, know different. Even those who weren't, do too.

Didn’t show any of Morrison’s runs, Uche’s shots when he should have passed, Wighton’s header, Garrucio’s or Lee’s free kicks, but aye St Mirren had more chances than us. 

I was there, as I was at Celtic and the BBC coverage is a feckin scandal. 

It must be killing them us sitting top. Kept going on about Gerard’s first defeat. How many league games has he actually won?

40 minutes ago, Rudolf said:

Aye, sportscene made it look like a pretty even game, we got four lucky goals and they got one.

20 minutes ago, Herbert said:

I wonder how long it will be before Uche snaps. It's every game he's getting kicked,pulled,pushed  and grabbed and gets nowt. 

He's done well. Again on Saturday some fouls wrongly given against him.  Naismith helped him early games. Hamilton was a joke with 5/6 fouls wrongly given. He has just been getting on with it since then. 

Edited by Mikey1874

All roads lead to Gorgie
46 minutes ago, kingantti1874 said:

The second half highlights were just Djoum's challenge and a couple of St Midden free kicks. A Joke. 

1 hour ago, GlasgoJambo said:

Gets worse with each viewing

e3CBQK.gif

I was screaming for a red card at the time. Can't believe the audacity of the St Mirren players appealing for a foul.

Anyone got a gif of the blatant obstruction on the edge of the box towards the end when the ref inexplicably gave a foul against Uche?

All roads lead to Gorgie
2 minutes ago, maroonsgotop said:

and the St Mirren then starts appealing...………………….ffs

Looks like they were trying to get Uche sent off as he was causing them so much bother. That has to be looked at and retrospective action taken. It won't happen though, we all know that. 

The Goalscoring Knee
15 minutes ago, All roads lead to Gorgie said:
1 hour ago, kingantti1874 said:

The second half highlights were just Djoum's challenge and a couple of St Midden free kicks. A Joke. 

Wouldn't get too worked up about how we're portrayed on this tinpot show. Might have been a problem 30 years ago or more when that and Scotsport was all we had to go on.

The Goalscoring Knee
5 minutes ago, All roads lead to Gorgie said:

Looks like they were trying to get Uche sent off as he was causing them so much bother. That has to be looked at and retrospective action taken. It won't happen though, we all know that. 

The fact he's only been booked once suggests Uche knows exactly what they're trying to do and exactly how to handle them.

For someone who is constantly fouled and having many of the decisions go against him he is quite calm about it. As folk have said he seems to have a grasp on what's going on and not letting it get to him. I've noticed Naismith in his ear a lot. Probably telling him to keep calm.

Holyrood_Hearts
1 hour ago, kingantti1874 said:

Totally agree, they were pathetic. 

Jonathan Sutherland is a d*** as well. When does he ever comment/question if a player has “a duty of care” ? Djoum’s a bad mistimed challenge but he tried to imply AD did it intentionally.

Edited by Holyrood_Hearts

Seymour M Hersh
1 hour ago, Barack said:

Rightly. It was a shocker, & he's lucky he stayed on. They didn't flog the point, and say it was violent conduct. Just he was late & fortunate.

He was. 

Uche would've had to have been robbed at gunpoint yesterday, to get anything else from Clancy.

Arnaud got away with one there but I disagree about flooring the point the bearded phud did exactly that and sounded utterly disgusted he was proved wrong last week with dickhead! 

6 minutes ago, Holyrood_Hearts said:

Totally agree, they were pathetic. 

Jonathan Sutherland is a d*** as well. When does he ever comment/question if a player has “a duty of care” ? Djoum’s a bad mistimed challenge but he tried to imply AD did it intentionally.

Exactly, it actually needed Michael Stewart of all people to stick up for Djoum. Obviously a bad challenge, and probably a red but he’s not trying to injure the player, just a mistimed tackle. 

28 minutes ago, Dallas Green said:

For someone who is constantly fouled and having many of the decisions go against him he is quite calm about it. As folk have said he seems to have a grasp on what's going on and not letting it get to him. I've noticed Naismith in his ear a lot. Probably telling him to keep calm.

This is where Naismith is outstanding.

He is at Uche all the time telling him just to ignore notably the awful refereeing and not to react.

I think Levein needs to make a statement at some point to address this. Its refs rendering Uche less effective, not the oppositions ability to defend. Since they're setting out to hurt him now and refs are offering zero protection then a statement needs to be made to shame the ****ers. 

4 minutes ago, DETTY29 said:

This is where Naismith is outstanding.

He is at Uche all the time telling him just to ignore notably the awful refereeing and not to react.

Definitely.

His influence on the team is incredible. 

1 hour ago, Barack said:

I was too. I said on target, mate. We didn't force a save in the 2nd half(to my recollection?) Close? Blocked shots? Yes.

There were thirty shots on goal. There's about 4 minutes to show highlights. To not show anything of what St. Mirren did in the 2nd half, as crap as they were, would be just as "biased" for want of a better word on here. Do we want to see every run, or neat 1-2? I don't.

Folk giving a toss about the BBC Sportscene painting us in a bad light...I'll get more concerned when they start complimenting us on as regular basis. 

It’s a National broadcaster mate. Supposed to be impartial. That’s obviously okay with you. It ain’t with me. The assault on Uche? No sign. The headlock. No sign. I expect them to show these things. 

Edited by Jamhammer

I e watched it about 50 times and it’s one of the most stuck on reds I’ve ever seen. And the audacity of their players to claim for themselves , Jesus wept

1 minute ago, Jamhammer said:

It’s a National broadcaster mate. Supposed to be impartial. That’s obviously okay with you. It ain’t with me

I think what Barack is implying is it’s a poor format (and amateurish) which creates inevitable discrepancies as opposed to  outright bias. Old Firm hyperbole aside I’d tend to agree if that is what he means. 

Lord Beni of Gorgie
1 hour ago, geomac said:

Anyone know who the St Mirren player was, was it Baird?

Lee Hodson on loan from The Rangers I think 

13 minutes ago, 1971fozzy said:

I e watched it about 50 times and it’s one of the most stuck on reds I’ve ever seen. And the audacity of their players to claim for themselves , Jesus wept

It’s weird but it’s almost so audacious that you don’t really take it in the first couple of times and then you see it again and go wait a effing minute, that’s brutal!!

2 hours ago, Rudolf said:

Not to mention the 372 replays of Celtic's goal.