• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Jim Weir

• Jack Torrance

• Bridge of Djoum

• luckydug

27 minutes ago, Jim Weir said:

We were also supposed to be finding hidden gems and selling them for decent upside. Sow the only such example in 54 months 

No he isn't.

7 minutes ago, Jack Torrance said:

Cathro was untried in a head coach role and dropped straight into it at a new club. Someone like Shelley Kerr, who has experience, or somebody you give the opportunity to work their way into the role, is a different proposition altogether.

Can't see it happening myself 

Jack Torrance
1 minute ago, Nookie Bear said:

Men’s football is very different from the women’s game so she would have to prove herself in that environment first.

Absolutely agree. It’s time opportunities were made available. I’d have no problem with that. Would make a refreshing change.

Jack Torrance
1 minute ago, jambocub said:

Can't see it happening myself 

Sadly I feel the odds are still against it but it’s coming, somewhere.

14 minutes ago, Jack Torrance said:

As long as it’s done for the right reasons then it would be difficult to argue against it. 

2 hours ago, Stavropol said:

Another successful game for MacPhee as he again stepped up to take the team in Craig’s absence from the touchline.  

Have heard both Budge and Levein talk about succession planning. Thought it was interesting on Sunday how MacPhee did the media too. He has stepped in now a few times (St. Mirren, Motherwell and Livingston).

I can see the logic of this as Neilson (success) was an internal appointment and Cathro (failure) was external.

I’m curious as to Levein and Budge’s plans - although Budge did mention a women as the next coach, maybe that’s why MacPhee keeps that ridiculous hair...

I think succession planning is sensible but would love it to include Steven Naismith as future head coach with McPhee as assistant.  I don’t see anyone at the club with the will to win Naismith has - he simply hates losing and would Instill that throughout the club.  He commented he thought our players were too nice when he arrived and I would agree it seems that way.  He also has top flight experience and experience of winning trophies.  Would love to see us offer him a 3 yr contract with the guarantee of some sort of job shadowing beginning in 18 months with a view to succeeding Levein at the end of the 3 yrs with McPhee as number 2

gorgie rd eh11
15 minutes ago, Jack Torrance said:

Hopefully not Hearts.

Arnold Rothstein

Depressing reminder that there's still a sexist culture in many walks of life. A generation thing i think. If Gilbert's Fridge, Jim Weir or Gorgie rd EH11 are younger than 50 i'll be shocked. 

28 minutes ago, Jack Torrance said:

Nice to read an enlightened post on here amongst all the closed-mindedness. 

19 minutes ago, Arnold Rothstein said:

Depressing reminder that there's still a sexist culture in many walks of life. A generation thing i think. If Gilbert's Fridge, Jim Weir or Gorgie rd EH11 are younger than 50 i'll be shocked. 

Yep, very disappointing ?

gorgie rd eh11
25 minutes ago, Arnold Rothstein said:

Go away ya moron.

30 minutes ago, Jim Weir said:

Presumably you're referring to a modest upside on Goncalves 

We doubled our money, if that is classed as modest then yes.

jamboinglasgow

if a female manager can be successful for us, then why would you not want that.

No one is saying that a female manager would be put in the role if they weren't capable. Also I think initially its more likely to be female coaches than a manager,

24 minutes ago, graygo said:

Yup Lafferty was obv a modest upside too

Just now, sadj said:

Yup Lafferty was obv a modest upside too

Paterson as well although technically he wasn't sold, we did get a few hundred grand for him with more to come.

1 hour ago, Arnold Rothstein said:

Snowflake time

3 minutes ago, graygo said:

Paterson as well although technically he wasn't sold, we did get a few hundred grand for him with more to come.

If we hadn’t changed direction going for Cathro prob would of seen a few more aswell.

36 minutes ago, graygo said:

£170k or thereby. Lafferty also as stated by another poster. Not been many though 

1 hour ago, Jim Weir said:

£170k or thereby. Lafferty also as stated by another poster. Not been many though 

So apart from Isma,Lafferty,Sow,Rossi,Walker,Nicholson, Patterson ,Johnnsen and a host of undisclosed fees we haven't made any money from transfers.

This is a bit like the old Monty Python sketch about what did the Romans ever do for us ?

Seriously mate you are about as much use on here as your user name was playing for Hearts. ?

22 minutes ago, luckydug said:

So apart from Isma,Lafferty,Sow,Rossi,Walker,Nicholson, Patterson ,Johnnsen and a host of undisclosed fees we haven't made any money from transfers.

This is a bit like the old Monty Python sketch about what did the Romans ever do for us ?

Seriously mate you are about as much use on here as your user name was playing for Hearts. ?

Walker, Paterson and Nicholson don't fit the identikit of sourcing players and making an upside. Each was homegrown and it must be said that we achieved nothing meaningful for any of them. 

Johnsen - who knows what we got for him. I do know that one year later he ended up at one of the top Dutch sides for a significant fee 

Lafferty and Sow - good money achieved for both. We struggled following their respective transfers though 

Rossi and Isma went for a bit of money. I sense that you're very much trying to accentuate the positives around our transfer fees received record. 

Maybe you feel a sense of need to try and silence what you consider to be dissenting voices 

3 hours ago, Glib and Shameless Crier said:

Nice to read an enlightened post on here amongst all the closed-mindedness. 

Can you advise which lady you'd like to see manage Hearts 

I presume that you've not taken a deliberately contrary stance for shits and giggles 

6 hours ago, Nookie Bear said:

I like MacPhee but “out the traps like the Burley days” is pushing it a tad. 

But he clearly got players getting closer to Vanacek and managed the last 20 minutes very well. 

Tbf the OP is from September!

3 hours ago, Jim Weir said:

Walker, Paterson and Nicholson don't fit the identikit of sourcing players and making an upside. Each was homegrown and it must be said that we achieved nothing meaningful for any of them. 

Johnsen - who knows what we got for him. I do know that one year later he ended up at one of the top Dutch sides for a significant fee 

Lafferty and Sow - good money achieved for both. We struggled following their respective transfers though 

Rossi and Isma went for a bit of money. I sense that you're very much trying to accentuate the positives around our transfer fees received record. 

Maybe you feel a sense of need to try and silence what you consider to be dissenting voices 

“Making an upside”? Are you suggesting we should be in the business of flipping footballers? We sign players we think we can improve given we can’t always afford the finished article. Even if we don’t get money when they leave, if they play well for us isn’t that the most important upside? 

8 hours ago, jamboinglasgow said:

Guess you wouldn’t want it if you were one of those insecure, “keep women in their place” types. Don’t get that mindset at all. I’m glad my daughter will grow up in a world where these type of people are less and less and she’ll be encouraged to smash through any glass ceilings, or doors, put in front of her ??

i wish jj was my dad
10 hours ago, Nookie Bear said:

Men’s football is very different from the women’s game so she would have to prove herself in that environment first.

Agreed. I don't think the day is necessarily all that far away from us seeing a female coaching in the men's game but to get a gig at Hearts I would expect to see some credentials to match other realistic candidates

8 hours ago, jamboinglasgow said:

No one is saying that a female manager would be put in the role if they weren't capable. Also I think initially its more likely to be female coaches than a manager,

If we got a female manager then that means levein isn't our manager why would you want that?

36 minutes ago, Herbert said:

If we got a female manager then that means levein isn't our manager why would you want that?

Because in 20 years time Levein may have retired! 

2 minutes ago, SUTOL said:

Because in 20 years time Levein may have retired! 

He will only be 74, he will still have about 20-30years left in him.

4 hours ago, ToqueJambo said:

“Making an upside”? Are you suggesting we should be in the business of flipping footballers? We sign players we think we can improve given we can’t always afford the finished article. Even if we don’t get money when they leave, if they play well for us isn’t that the most important upside? 

I'm not suggesting anything. I'm merely stating my understanding of our approach of seemingly developing players 

8 hours ago, Jim Weir said:

Or he feels the need to disprove the nonsense you are posting? 

You said Sow was the only example of us making money on players. You were provided with 7 or 8 examples so you moved the goalposts on what the rules were. 

Perhaps you are confusing silencing dissenting voices with disproving your flimsy argument? 

I'm merely stating my understanding of how an argument works based on the evidence available of course.

Captain America
8 hours ago, Jim Weir said:

We won 7 out of the next 10 games after Lafferty left, wouldn't exactly call that struggling. 

24 minutes ago, Dalstonjambo said:

Or he feels the need to disprove the nonsense you are posting? 

You said Sow was the only example of us making money on players. You were provided with 7 or 8 examples so you moved the goalposts on what the rules were. 

Perhaps you are confusing silencing dissenting voices with disproving your flimsy argument? 

I'm merely stating my understanding of how an argument works based on the evidence available of course.

2 minutes ago, Captain America said:

We won 7 out of the next 10 games after Lafferty left, wouldn't exactly call that struggling. 

Game. Set. Match.

Bridge of Djoum
3 minutes ago, To Be Frank said:

Game. Set. Match.

Indeed.

No attack dogs required in this instance.

:whistling:

Bridge of Djoum
Just now, Jim Weir said:

What do you add on here?

I wasn't conversing with you.

Stop victimizing me.

Generic Username
14 minutes ago, Captain America said:

Our record post-Sow was relatively positive as well, we only lost 3 league games after he officially left in February and finished third.

9 hours ago, Jim Weir said:

Can you advise which lady you'd like to see manage Hearts 

I presume that you've not taken a deliberately contrary stance for shits and giggles 

Is there currently a female manager who’s credentials you would consider up to the task. We are a progressive club so I could see us bringing in female coaches and progressing to a female manager. If she’s capable I have no issue with it. 

To me the only one who has good credentials at a decent level (in my limited knowledge) is Shelly Kerr. What she has achieved with the Scottish womens team is outstanding. England have Phil Neville , Hope Powell did a good job with the England womens team but I would place Shelly Kerrs achievements above Hope Powells. 

If we spoke to Shelly Kerr about a job with us , I would hope initially it was as a coach and let her progress but would I want her as manager just now. Honestly my answer would be not yet. 

Bridge of Djoum
Just now, Jim Weir said:

You're snide and you're a troll 

I'm sure, despite your short time on here that you know all about the report and the ignore function. I suggest you use them if you feel this way.

I was replying to another poster when you jumped on my post. Stop being an argumentative child.

I'm Interested to know what poster / username Jim Weir was before Christmas. Posting style is very familiar, I think I know but can't quite put my finger on it...

2 hours ago, Meestah Sahmon said:

Our record post-Sow was relatively positive as well, we only lost 3 league games after he officially left in February and finished third.

We were however bumped out the SC by Hibs - a game we would never have lost if Sow had been playing IMO.

18 hours ago, Jack Torrance said:

McPhee would make sense as far as succession planning goes. I’d be happy with him succeeding Craig when the time’s right.

I’d actually like to see us give the job to a female coach someday soon. Someone like Shelley Kerr. Or at least give a prominent coaching role to a female to prepare them for the head coach role.

It would be a forward thinking appointment and good timing given the increased profile of women’s football.

?

Back on topic, MacPhee stood in 3 times and won all 3. The whole team came out with energy and pace at the start of the second half after whatever he said. And he also showed humility to praise Fox in the post match press.

What I noticed was his relationship with Berra/Naismith during the game - clearly some mutual respect here. Listened to him speak at POTY & Shareholders and think he is future manager material. May have to wait a while, but lets face it he's turned down other offers and shown commitment to Hearts. 

Now for 3 points tonight!!