Levein home again.( merged )

Heartsofgold

Shocking news, but good to hear he is making a swift recovery. One of my favourite men associated with Hearts.

Also really great to see messages of support from other team: Hibs, Stenhousemuir, Dunfermline etc. Classy touch

• Replies 963
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Thomaso

• It should have been ten

• Morgan

• Jammy T

1 hour ago, CJGJ said:

Wishful thinking from that rag!

Even from his hospital bed, I'm sure Craig is thinking up the perfect put down to that lot!

How about a League Title?

3 hours ago, The White Cockade said:

why mention your dislike of him in this situation?

no need

i stand by what i said in my post. i dont wish him ill health.

my point is clear

it seems you have an issue with what i am saying.

thats your opinion, ive stated mines,

if your offended by what im saying tough.

take your snowflakeness and place it somewhere else. 

6 hours ago, Bongo 1874 said:

Any ideas of what text could be put on a banner Cheers?.

Craig Levein - aye get back up

9 hours ago, StevenNaismith said:

I’m told he’s been in good spirits tonight and is itching to get home. Most likely be in for another couple of days. The man is a workaholic and really needs to lighten his load though. We, as fans, are really fortunate to have a man with the club running through his veins at the helm. A great man who will be back to good health in no time. 

Thanks for the update - ,uch appreciated.

?

It should have been ten
2 minutes ago, Swanny17 said:

Daily Record contradicting itself yet again. Diabolical paper. 

Quite clearly wishful thinking on their behalf, it’s an absolute shitehouse rag.

13 hours ago, Thomaso said:

I had a heart attack and two stents fitted only a couple of weeks ago - I'm now absolutely fine and back driving and at work.   The full recovery from this kind of thing is 99% and I'm sure Craig will be absolutely fine.

I would not anticipate him being in the dug out for around 4 weeks.

Best wishes to him.

Jeezo. Take care of yourself. Good to hear you made a full recovery. 

The White Cockade
7 hours ago, Restonbabe said:

i stand by what i said in my post. i dont wish him ill health.

my point is clear

it seems you have an issue with what i am saying.

thats your opinion, ive stated mines,

if your offended by what im saying tough.

take your snowflakeness and place it somewhere else. 

strange stuff to post when the manager is ill but your choice

Fxxx the SPFL
11 minutes ago, The White Cockade said:

strange stuff to post when the manager is ill but your choice

certainly was all the guy had to say was get well soon, save the other stuff for a different thread say after we get beat (hopefully we wont)

2 minutes ago, Dallas Green said:

Daily Record is a rag. Wouldn't pay attention to anything it says.

Yip.

If this thread has taught us anything, it's that there is no need for sections of the MSM.

The posts from people who are close to him have been more than valuable and much appreciated.

comradejambo

One thing that should be emphasised is Craig should be allowed to take all the time he needs. If it’s 2 days or 2 months (pretty sure we won’t know yet) we will make do. As so many have said, this is more important than football and needs to be treated as such. Craig should only return when he’s ready. We will do as well as we can without him and look forward to his return!

Midloth_Iain
20 minutes ago, comradejambo said:

One thing that should be emphasised is Craig should be allowed to take all the time he needs. If it’s 2 days or 2 months (pretty sure we won’t know yet) we will make do. As so many have said, this is more important than football and needs to be treated as such. Craig should only return when he’s ready. We will do as well as we can without him and look forward to his return!

It also gives Austin a chance to test/prove his credentials .......

132goals1958
17 minutes ago, comradejambo said:

Absolutely health comes first --- there are plenty lieutenants and I suspect Captain Berra will be upping the ante around the training ground.

9 hours ago, feedtheroman2 said:

Craig Levein - the Heart and Soul of HMFC

Would makea good banner 

This.

27 minutes ago, comradejambo said:

Absolutely.  Health first.   

41 minutes ago, Boab said:

Yip.

If this thread has taught us anything, it's that there is no need for sections of the MSM.

The posts from people who are close to him have been more than valuable and much appreciated.

Exactly this Boab

Lord Beni of Gorgie
8 minutes ago, 132goals1958 said:

Absolutely health comes first --- there are plenty lieutenants and I suspect Captain Berra will be upping the ante around the training ground.

I was going to post this as a topic actually. Would imagine, Christophe and Aaron Hughes will be extremely valuable to Austin over the next month at least.

I think we are extremely well organised, the right people have been recruited and though we will suffer for Craigs undoubted powers of persuasion, we have got a good core to cushion that.

The silver lining, people will grow over the next short period.

I'm 100% sure Hearts will give him all the time he needs to make a full recovery, which is the only important thing in this.

I hope he's able to resist the urge to come back too quickly himself 

15 hours ago, graygo said:

Jesus, just heard the news and it's a shock.

Get well soon Boss, the club will take care of itself until you are well enough to return.

Also glad to hear @Thomaso is also on the mend.  :thumbsup: 

Thanks for that - much appreciated.

12 hours ago, FarmerTweedy said:

Sorry to hear about your health troubles Thomaso, must have been bloody terrifying for you and your family at the time. Glad to hear you've recovered well, and wish you (and Craig!) many more years of good health!

Thanks FT - I have made a full recovery and I'm sure big Craig will do the same.

2 hours ago, japanjambo said:

Jeezo. Take care of yourself. Good to hear you made a full recovery. 

Cheers for that - appreciated.

13 hours ago, sairyinthat said:

I am very optimistic about a full recovery,The Health Service and The Royal in particular have all the Top Bananas in place to handle things could not be in a better place for treatment.

This in spades!!

All the training my regimes will be in place already - style of football etc. 

MacPhee is the analyst of teams we play and as others have said we actually have a squad of coaches that will really help.

Also the team will absolutely pull together here. More than ever.

The only we don’t have is the Levein kick in the balls if we aren’t playing well.

Edited by Jammy T

Jambof3tornado
27 minutes ago, Dino Velvet said:

Am I missing something here? Has there been any confirmation as to what exactly happened to Levein? 

Nothing official no.

Seymour M Hersh

My tuppence worth re a song. For those who remember the clapping start to to Car Wash by Rose Royce that simply followed Levein! 

chuck berrys hairline
38 minutes ago, Jammy T said:

MacPhee is the analyst of teams we play and as others have said we actually have a squad of coaches that will really help.

The only we don’t have is the Levein kick in the balls if we aren’t playing well.

I'm sure big Jon will take care of your last paragraph

I P Knightley
2 hours ago, Kid Creole said:

It also gives Austin a chance to test/prove his credentials .......

This group of players & coaches seems to have gelled as a squad. Yes, Craig, as the figurehead, is very visible and, I'm sure, has the ultimate say in selection and tactics but I won't believe that he's doing so in an autocratic way which would make him difficult to replace from within.

You'll have noticed that when Uche scored at the weekend and ran over to the bench to celebrate, it was Austin who got the bear hug while Craig, with his beaming smile, only got a high-five at best. Not to say that there's discord but I think it shows that the players will work together whether it's Austin, Craig, Christoph or whoever who's got the clipboard for the day.

30 minutes ago, Dino Velvet said:

Am I missing something here? Has there been any confirmation as to what exactly happened to Levein? 

Boob job.

He wants to have a big pair of diddies before the Hibs game in October so that, when the Hibs support is greeting over a 4-0 drubbing, he can taunt them by sitting back and playing with his chesticles going, "look what I've got!" (That's what I'd be doing, too."

1 hour ago, Jammy T said:

Naismith will do that

Pasquale for King
12 hours ago, Jammy T said:

Michael O’Neill...?

Doubt if he would do that and it would be complicated, I was thinking more of a admin type football guy for what it’s worth.

copa-mundial

Confirmed on sky sports news. MacPhee to take the team for saturdays game versus St.Mirren. 

Levein, heart related problem. 

Get well soon gaffer

Edited by copa-mundial
Typo

Pasquale for King

Sky reporting it was a heart issue, which we knew anyway and that Ann is going to see him. Austin on charge for foreseeable future.  

This is potentially a real problem for Craig. he may well make a full recovery from whatever it was that landed him in hospital, but he may well be advised to reduce his workload to avoid a repeat. Appreciate a few guys have mentioned stents, and the complete recovery afterwards, but football management is brutally time consuming and stressful and he may well forced to consider his priorities in life.

Would be a personal tragedy for Craig for him to even have to consider stepping back, just when he was starting to really look like he was enjoying himself, and following on from the curtailing of his playing career would be heartbeaking for him.

I hope he chooses what is right for him and doesn;t put his health in jeopardy for the sake of the club.

I don't think there's a chance he'll give it up altogether but sounds plausible that there might be a workload review. He might well have a phased return to work as well.

No point in putting pressure on by giving dates and stuff - he'll be back when he's ready, I suppose.

I miss him already. :oldsad:

3 minutes ago, Nookie Bear said:

This is potentially a real problem for Craig. he may well make a full recovery from whatever it was that landed him in hospital, but he may well be advised to reduce his workload to avoid a repeat. Appreciate a few guys have mentioned stents, and the complete recovery afterwards, but football management is brutally time consuming and stressful and he may well forced to consider his priorities in life.

Would be a personal tragedy for Craig for him to even have to consider stepping back, just when he was starting to really look like he was enjoying himself, and following on from the curtailing of his playing career would be heartbeaking for him.

I hope he chooses what is right for him and doesn;t put his health in jeopardy for the sake of the club.

The last couple of paragraphs really hit home, it would mean so much for Craig and the supporters for him to lead us to a major honour and is all the more poignant after his prematurely retirement from playing, the fans, Ann, coaches and players need to pull together and do it for him 

4 minutes ago, Nookie Bear said:

I'm no expert and it's probably wrong to speculate but is it not possible that the gaffers problems are not related to stress levels? For instance could it be a narrow artery and putting in a stent solves the issue?

Just heard that the hospital has been unsuccessful at removing the grin of Craig's face. 

Top o the league! FTH

Get well soon gaffer.

• Maple Leaf changed the title to Levein taken to hospital, but home again.