Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Lord Beni of Gorgie
6 minutes ago, Junta said:

Mind when Callaghan said Hearts were his step to the EPFL? :laugh:

I don't believe he ever was looking for a move to Estonia

2 hours ago, Wilson said:

Bobby Burns to Livi on loan.

Just that whatever contribution they are paying towards his wages comes from the little unlaundered cash that livi has

3 minutes ago, letsalldothebeattie said:

When did he say this? 

Pretty gutted it didnt work out. I honestly thought we got a gem in his signing.

heisenberg86
28 minutes ago, HMFC THE TEAM FOR ME said:

He probably won’t go out on loan but is he one of our best midfielders right now? Not so sure about that. Would he start ahead of Haring, Lee, Djoum, or Naismith? Not for me. Don’t get me wrong I rate him bags and bags of “ potential “ vital for him to improve physically but difficult when he’s still growing.

I don’t think he’ll play every game but he’ll get enough games to justify keeping him here. He’ll have a better career than every one of those players you mentioned imo, kids going to be a sensational footballer in a few years 

letsalldothebeattie
1 minute ago, Junta said:

Pretty gutted it didnt work out. I honestly thought we got a gem in his signing.

Same. I thought he was going to be our new Hartley especially after that performance against Aberdeen at Murrayfield. Sadly just not good enough for us but still time to make it in this league with another club though

Just now, letsalldothebeattie said:

Same. I thought he was going to be our new Hartley especially after that performance against Aberdeen at Murrayfield. Sadly just not good enough for us but still time to make it in this league with another club though

I agree.

Still though. Part of the team that pumped Celtic though. His first touch on the way to the penalty :laugh: Credit for making up the ground though to win it.

letsalldothebeattie
1 minute ago, Junta said:

I agree.

Still though. Part of the team that pumped Celtic though. His first touch on the way to the penalty :laugh: Credit for making up the ground though to win it.

Lucky Gordon took him down as that touch was terrible. Played his part that day and he’s lived the dream we all want to. Even though it’s not worked out he can still be proud of that

Just now, letsalldothebeattie said:

Lucky Gordon took him down as that touch was terrible. Played his part that day and he’s lived the dream we all want to. Even though it’s not worked out he can still be proud of that

Totally mate. All the very best to him.

heisenberg86
31 minutes ago, All roads lead to Gorgie said:

I agree. I think with a much better midfield around him he could be a gem this season. It might be off the bench early on but as the season goes on I could see him playing a big part.

Definitely mate, Leveins already said he’s one of our best midfielders. Was a bit unfair on the lad last year playing so many games but he seemed to take it all in his stride. Would much rather have him here developing than send him out on loan. 

been here before
On 27/08/2018 at 10:01, Agentjambo said:

Up to four on way out today..callachan and Martin two of them.

Agentslaver bang on the money again...

HMFC THE TEAM FOR ME
56 minutes ago, heisenberg86 said:

I don’t think he’ll play every game but he’ll get enough games to justify keeping him here. He’ll have a better career than every one of those players you mentioned imo, kids going to be a sensational footballer in a few years 

I think you make really fair and justified points I really do hope that he has a better career than everyone I mentioned. Suppose we will just have to wait and see.

Hope to **** Cochrane ain’t going anywhere on loan!

what is it with folk and this determination to not have a squad capable of going a full season without being significantly weakened by suspensions and injuries?

5 minutes ago, Bez said:

Hope to **** Cochrane ain’t going anywhere on loan!

what is it with folk and this determination to not have a squad capable of going a full season without being significantly weakened by suspensions and injuries?

What makes you think Cochrane is going anywhere?

I can't see Edwards going anywhere so soon but i was hoping on movement for Amankwaa and Martin and probably Callachan. 

1 minute ago, Top Corner said:

I can't see Edwards going anywhere so soon but i was hoping on movement for Amankwaa and Martin and probably Callachan. 

Edwards told he can go I believe.

29 minutes ago, magicTs said:

What makes you think Cochrane is going anywhere?

I doubt he’s going anywhere, but I was responding to these posts:

4 hours ago, HMFC THE TEAM FOR ME said:

Wouldn’t be against Harry Cochrane joining out on loan until January. Physically too small and needs more games ideally in the championship.

3 hours ago, HMFC THE TEAM FOR ME said:

He probably won’t go out on loan but is he one of our best midfielders right now? Not so sure about that. Would he start ahead of Haring, Lee, Djoum, or Naismith? Not for me. Don’t get me wrong I rate him bags and bags of “ potential “ vital for him to improve physically but difficult when he’s still growing.

Edited by Bez

1 minute ago, 1874robbo said:

Don’t think he’s on a big wage tbh.

And seems the only one this season that has made no impression yet. 

6 minutes ago, davemclaren said:

And seems the only one this season that has made no impression yet. 

Have watched him a few times and tbh I’m not surprised.

lots of effort and endeavour but not really much else 

Weird yin. Think we signed him because he was available for nothing. 

Also if he had played a competitive game for us before January, he would not be able to play for another side before then. Something about not being allowed to play for 3 clubs in a year.

Edited by Cruyff Turn

kingantti1874

Pity we signed edwards and not Crawford.. Would have been good cover for Naismith and in midfield 

Are you even allowed to sign for 2 teams inbthe same summer 

21 minutes ago, Holyrood_Hearts said:

Edwards going on loan to St Mirren? According to STV news

Is there room in the squad for Adao now?

A twitter account and a few posters on a Dundee fans forum have said that we have put a bid in for Craig Wighton. He's 21 so would be surprised if he came in considering Keena and Currie are both quite highly rated.

Pasquale for King
6 minutes ago, kingantti1874 said:

Pity we signed edwards and not Crawford.. Would have been good cover for Naismith and in midfield 

Yes, Willo Flood nearly did.

Pasquale for King
10 minutes ago, Cruyff Turn said:

Weird yin. Think we signed him because he was available for nothing. 

Also if he had played a competitive game for us before January, he would not be able to play for another side before then. Something about not being allowed to play for 3 clubs in a year.

It’s 3 in a season not a year.

4 hours ago, Junta said:

Mind when Callaghan said Hearts were his step to the EPFL? :laugh:

Don't believe he ever said this. Surely not!

3 minutes ago, Ali Lawrie said:

A twitter account and a few posters on a Dundee fans forum have said that we have put a bid in for Craig Wighton. He's 21 so would be surprised if he came in considering Keena and Currie are both quite highly rated.

Wighton has made over 100 first team appearances. Not exactly in the Keena/Currie category of prospect

Holyrood_Hearts
12 minutes ago, kingantti1874 said:

Agreed about Crawford. I wouid’ve been happy to sign him.

7 minutes ago, Ali Lawrie said:

Have we not bid for him previously? 

6 minutes ago, davie1980 said:

Wighton has made over 100 first team appearances. Not exactly in the Keena/Currie category of prospect

Fair enough. I assume he plays more at the side or in behind rather being a proper number 9 as his goal record is rather poor.

Found this small bit on Wighton's wiki. It makes sense that Craig would be interested. I have to say I've never seen him play.

"He came through the same training clinic, run by Ian Cathro, as fellow Scottish prospects Ryan Gauld and John Souttar."

Just now, Ali Lawrie said:

Fair enough. I assume he plays more at the side or in behind rather being a proper number 9 as his goal record is rather poor.

Also says on his Wiki he started out wide but Dundee turned him into a striker so I think your assumption is correct.

2 minutes ago, Ali Lawrie said:

Not seen a lot of him but was a striker when he first broke through, very highly rated (both on football manager and in real life)

Not heard a lot about him the last couple seasons and when I last watched him he was playing out wide.

Pasquale for King
18 minutes ago, Cruyff Turn said:

you're indeed correct, my mistake. 

It’s a crazy rule anyway, like the one where Tony Watt couldn’t join another team in February as he was still under contract when the January window closed. It’s restriction of trade and will surely be changed when someone takes them to court.

2 minutes ago, Pasquale for King said:

It’s a crazy rule anyway, like the one where Tony Watt couldn’t join another team in February as he was still under contract when the January window closed. It’s restriction of trade and will surely be changed when someone takes them to court.

I don't see the point of it. It happened to Ben Arfa as well, he had played for Hull on loan, then played for Newcastle u21s, was freed and Nice tried to sign him but said he couldn't play for 6 months. Mental rule.

Pasquale for King
4 minutes ago, Cruyff Turn said:

I don't see the point of it. It happened to Ben Arfa as well, he had played for Hull on loan, then played for Newcastle u21s, was freed and Nice tried to sign him but said he couldn't play for 6 months. Mental rule.

Definitely, must get changed soon.

wattie exploited
On 27/08/2018 at 10:04, Tennant's 6's said:

Good.

Callachan could be kust what sir paul hartley needs ti give his struggling Falkirk side some dig & drive. 

Martin & Amankwaa loan deals? Or more likely pay offs...

Either way, the squad is really starting to look strong. Just what we need for our treble bid, and I'm only half joking.

hartley got sacked today