Osman Sow maybe back at Tynecastle

JJ93

Craig "hi osman, so glad you have come to see usc

Osman" Mr Levein let me tell you I am really happy to be here, I am fit, I am willing and I am desperate to get playing football again"

Craig "desperate you say?" 

Osman "yes Mr Levein, I just want to get playing again and kick start my career" 

Craig "I was hoping you would say that... ... What's your feelings about Teplice?" 

Osman "I don't follow.?"

Craig "well, they have a forward we really want to get in now, they need a forward to go straight into their team, you would get first team football......" 

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Top Corner

• Lord Beni of Gorgie

• Beast Boy

• Morgan

57 minutes ago, StevenNaismith said:

From what I heard he had to sort stuff out financially with MK Dons before signing for us. I wouldn’t be surprised to see him here by the weekend.

You'd of thought that sort of thing would of been sorted out before he came for a medical. 

Why waste peoples time when there's a chance we can't even afford him?

StevenNaismith
5 minutes ago, Top Corner said:

You'd of thought that sort of thing would of been sorted out before he came for a medical. 

Why waste peoples time when there's a chance we can't even afford him?

Apart from wages it won’t cost us anything. I assumed the financial issues are between him and MK Dons. He will want a settlement and they’ll want to negotiate. Standard in the game.

3 minutes ago, StevenNaismith said:

Apart from wages it won’t cost us anything. I assumed the financial issues are between him and MK Dons. He will want a settlement and they’ll want to negotiate. Standard in the game.

We didn't seem to have a problem with Naismith? and he's on a hell of a lot more. 

He's got nae hamstrings, admit it lol

StevenNaismith
1 minute ago, Top Corner said:

We didn't seem to have a problem with Naismith? and he's on a hell of a lot more. 

Naismith is a loan. If he gets seriously injured he can go back to Norwich. 

11 minutes ago, StevenNaismith said:

Naismith is a loan. If he gets seriously injured he can go back to Norwich. 

Sow would be on loan as well i thought?

Has he not got a year left on his contract? And we're never going to match his wages or pay a transfer fee. 

Edited by Top Corner

16 minutes ago, Top Corner said:

Has he not got a year left on his contract? And we're never going to match his wages or pay a transfer fee. 

I believe SN is suggesting that Sow is trying to finalise a severance package with MK Dons which would see him released from his contract. We would then be able to sign him on a free.

StevenNaismith
16 minutes ago, Top Corner said:

Did you miss the bit about him sorting out financial stuff with his club? He’s trying to get his contract settled up, think MK Dons must want the same. It’s all about them both trying to get the best deal for themselves. 

StevenNaismith
1 minute ago, MWHearts said:

I believe SN is suggesting that Sow is trying to finalise a severance package with MK Dons which would see him released from his contract. We would then be able to sign him on a free.

You put I way better than I did. Thanks

12 minutes ago, MWHearts said:

11 minutes ago, StevenNaismith said:

Did you miss the bit about him sorting out financial stuff with his club? He’s trying to get his contract settled up, think MK Dons must want the same. It’s all about them both trying to get the best deal for themselves. 

Ah, I didn't read that. 

Hopefully he gets things sorted out then. 

At least if he's a free agent we don't need to worry about the window 'slamming shut'

Infact... do we? lol

Edited by Top Corner

39 minutes ago, Top Corner said:

Naismith was signed at a different point in the window when the financial picture might have looked entirely different. 

He would have been one of our top priority targets.

Now we are nearing the end of the window and possibly trying to spread the Lafferty money out to make the last finishing touches. 

The individual costs of Sow/Vanacek/McAuley (providing those 3 are the final pieces in the puzzle) might be the difference between us getting one, two or all three of them

4 minutes ago, Cruyff Turn said:

I just hope we get big Vanecek, need him. We'd be much weaker if we went to January without replacing Lafferty.

Sow?

2 minutes ago, davie1980 said:

Naismith was signed at a different point in the window when the financial picture might have looked entirely different. 

He would have been one of our top priority targets.

Now we are nearing the end of the window and possibly trying to spread the Lafferty money out to make the last finishing touches. 

The individual costs of Sow/Vanacek/McAuley (providing those 3 are the final pieces in the puzzle) might be the difference between us getting one, two or all three of them

I was under the impression that we had already made our final offer to get Vanecek in early and it was accepted but only if Teplice get a replacement in. 

Not seen any concrete evidence that we're trying to get McAuley. Also not sure we need another 38 year old!

2 minutes ago, Top Corner said:

I was under the impression that we had already made our final offer to get Vanecek in early and it was accepted but only if Teplice get a replacement in. 

Not seen any concrete evidence that we're trying to get McAuley. Also not sure we need another 38 year old!

I'm just going with what all our reliable ITKers say

2 minutes ago, davie1980 said:

Sow?

He adds depth but I don't think he'll add the same presence up front in terms of being a direct replacement. Maybe gives us something different mind you. I'd hope we sign both.

2 minutes ago, Cruyff Turn said:

He adds depth but I don't think he'll add the same presence up front in terms of being a direct replacement. Maybe gives us something different mind you. I'd hope we sign both.

Left or right hand side in a front 3 or wide in a 4-2-3-1 is sort of where I see him. That way he can use his running power - always felt with him and Paterson we had two players who could instantly get us 50-60 yards up the park when needed. 

Edited by Juanjo

1 minute ago, Cruyff Turn said:

If we get the pre-China Sow, he is a more than ample replacement

If he's the guy that appears to have done **** all since.... I don't want him signed.

I'll leave that decision to tge football people.

I'm confident that at 28, if they decide to sign him, they believe they can get that player back again.

9 minutes ago, Juanjo said:

Left or right hand side in a front 3 or wide in a 4-2-3-1 is sort of where I see him. That way he can use his running power - always felt with him and Paterson we had two players who could instantly get us 50-60 yards up the park when needed. 

Can't see him playing wide left given we've signed Mitchell. Can see Garuccio and Mitchell both starting. I agree though, mind him doing that well at Ibrox.

8 minutes ago, davie1980 said:

If he's the guy that appears to have done **** all since.... I don't want him signed.

I'm confident that at 28, if they decide to sign him, they believe they can get that player back again.

Maybe just lost his way a bit. 

5 minutes ago, davie1980 said:

To be fair, moving to China then UAE, he's going to a completely different environment and maybe struggled to settle in, he's also been injured during his spell at MK Dons and hasn't had a decent prolonged run in their team.

If he is fit and comes back to us, he will be returning to an environment where he probably had the most consistent and successful period of his career, and the fans will be behind him from day one.

Sow's a better all round player than Lafferty IMO. If he is fit he would be a wonderful signing who can also play on the left side of a three man attack or through the middle. His pace would terrify defences particularly with big Uche  and Vanacek alongside him. 

Came on from the Bench on 72 Minutes for MK last night,  guess that rules the "not fit" theory out ? 

I'm guessing Wighton and Vanecek are the two preferred forward options? With Sow maybe being the last day back up in case Vanecek doesn't come.

Lord Beni of Gorgie

Just tweeted thanking MK medical staff for first game in 5 months. Great to be running about again 

6 minutes ago, Pagey said:

I'm guessing Wighton and Vanecek are the two preferred forward options? With Sow maybe being the last day back up in case Vanecek doesn't come.

Can’t see us signing two strikers before the window closes, only one. 

larbert_jambo

Dunno why but got a small hunch this is a slight dig at us. Maybe reading into it too much. Considering he's not posted for a year

Screenshot_20180829-165215_Instagram.thumb.jpg.6a52850e443e9cc6e9a4f1e7b11089bd.jpg

Lord Beni of Gorgie
2 minutes ago, larbert_jambo said:

Dunno why but got a small hunch this is a slight dig at us. Maybe reading into it too much. Considering he's not posted for a year

Screenshot_20180829-165215_Instagram.thumb.jpg.6a52850e443e9cc6e9a4f1e7b11089bd.jpg

Did cross my mind. Bit of a shock to see it pop up on my feed

24 minutes ago, gorgieheart said:

Came on from the Bench on 72 Minutes for MK last night,  guess that rules the "not fit" theory out ? 

Maybe fit now but deemed high risk of picking up further injuries and has some underlying concerns....

19 minutes ago, larbert_jambo said:

Reading too much into it, I suspect. Probably just a footballer happy to play again after injury. 

3 hours ago, Joel Miller said:

Me either.

Yeah me neither. 

I'd love to see the big man come back but his injury history is scary. I'd certainly be worried if he was signed as our primary striker but if he was signed as cover/ to compete then I'd have no problem with it, of course the deal would need to recognise his injury history (low basic/high appearance) - we can't be tying big wages up in the medical room. 

4 hours ago, Peebo said:

Reading too much into it, I suspect. Probably just a footballer happy to play again after injury. 

I don't see the dig either.

1 minute ago, DH1986 said:

Really hope to see him back here and part of the squad by the weekend.

Would rather see Vanecek 

10 minutes ago, Agentjambo said:

Would rather see Vanecek 

By a country mile. Really don’t understand this desire to see Sow back when we have a guy fit and ready and desperate to get started at Hearts. I’m hoping the Wighton speculation means Sow is not coming back at all. 

Edited by magicTs

Horatio Caine

Would rather everyone stopped nit picking and trying to get one up on one another.  If he comes, great.  If not, we have a really strong squad - stronger than for years, so just enjoy it.

hearts 4 the cup
Just now, magicTs said:

By a country mile. Really don’t understand this desire to see Sow back when we have a guy it and ready and desperate to get started at Hearts. I’m hoping the Wighton speculation means Sow is not coming back at all. 

I'm guessing you didn't really watch hearts during sows time playing for us?

7 minutes ago, hearts 4 the cup said:

I'm guessing you didn't really watch hearts during sows time playing for us?

Bad guess on your part  :greggy:

Sow has done jack shit since leaving Tynecastle and is never fit. I’d much rather we got in the guy we want who is fully fit, scoring goals and desperate to play for HMFC! Sorry if that irks you.  

hearts 4 the cup
3 minutes ago, magicTs said:

Bad guess on your part  :greggy:

Sow has done jack shit since leaving Tynecastle and is never fit. I’d much rather we got in the guy we want who is fully fit, scoring goals and desperate to play for HMFC! Sorry if that irks you.  

Sow had done jack shit before joining hearts. Didn't stop him contributing massively first time round. 

Agree about vacenek, he's saying all the right things and started the season on fire.

But seriously don't get any hearts fan that's against sow returning

Rudi did jack shit after leaving hearts first time..

Even the legend that is JK didn’t want him back and the people’s champion Sergio had him on the bench for the start of his season with us.....

Edited by Jammy T

Jambo 4 Ever
5 minutes ago, Jammy T said:

Even the legend that is JK didn’t want him back and the people’s champion Sergio had him on the bench for the start of his season with us.....

JK?

2 minutes ago, Jambo_in_Hamilton said:

JK?

Rowlings, big Hearts fan apparently.  Craig Levein was the inspiration for her Harry Potter character.

Fozzyonthefence
8 minutes ago, Jammy T said:

Rudi didn’t spend all his time on the treatment table. I wouldn’t touch Sow unless it’s on a pay as you play basis.