League Cup Semi

ShedBoy

5 minutes ago, Tokyo Drifter said:

Hibs would never ever ever agree. End of.

In my heart of hearts I think if the question was asked h1b5 and in particular Lennon would go for it. He would love to do us at Murrayfield and I’m sure the methadone massive would relish a 5er on a tram rather than a hitch hike to hampdenHampden

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• ShedBoy

• Forever Hearts

• magicTs

• Kiwidoug

Top Posters In This Topic

4 minutes ago, ShedBoy said:

Sorry oliver. You could’ve just ignored it rather than be so negative.

Sorry for having an opinion.

Fxxx the SPFL

Motherwell  game on Wednesday 26th good

Just seen it other thread numpty

Edited by Ray has bus pass hooray

Thus thread reeks 

who have Motherwell got in central defence? Who r we playing at the back? Am just embarrassed that cats on here are talking about a venue for the semis

7 minutes ago, dc-jambo said:

Thus thread reeks 

who have Motherwell got in central defence? Who r we playing at the back? Am just embarrassed that cats on here are talking about a venue for the semis

???? miaow ??

Edited by ShedBoy

2 hours ago, New York Fleapit said:

Wanna come to my next party? I'm looking for a life and soul type...

I can cheer up any party give me a call when we win the league cup.?

PeterintheRain
5 hours ago, Gorgie_Rules said:

Murrayfield is crap for football as last season proved. 

Im not saying Hampden is any good, its a terrible stadium, however Murrayfield is just as bad for anyone who isn’t sitting along the touch line.

No it isn't as last season proved. As did the 2004 and 2006 European games.

The Pieman isn't in charge anymore so you can drop all the hatred for Murrayfield.  And how can it be just as bad as hampden when you are much closer to the pitch,  seats have a steeper rake, and the front rows are all above pitch level instead of being underground. 

Why do you want to go all the way through to scum city to play another team from the East of Scotland?  

There is a problem with playing two matches on a slagheap of a surface on consecutive days.  There is also a problem that two teams would be unable to play on the Saturday before the draw is made. 

Simple solution is to play both matches on the same day in different cities. But this is Scotland and the glasgow mafia don't allow normality.

PeterintheRain
2 hours ago, Tokyo Drifter said:

Hibs would never ever ever agree. End of.

If they forced us to play them in glasgow again then it would prove for once and all just how much petrie and the dumpster are up lawells arse and h1b5 are just playthings of the glasgow bigots.   No true Capital club would put sucking the gfa(gtf) ****** ahead of their own fans.

In event that we do beat Well and draw the Hobos AND it is played at Murrayfield.

I ask you this - Realistically, how many do you think will go to a Semi Final at Murrayfield?

6 hours ago, ShedBoy said:

I know there is a lot of football to be played yet. Buuuuuuuut imagine if we both make it through the next round and get drawn together? Would there be any use lobbying the SFA? Or is it a business/sponsor decision to make 50k of us traipse back to Hampden? Is it beyond the realms being as it’s not Scotland’s premier competition to ask for Murrayfield should this scenario arise? I’d say the final would have to be played at Hampden but a semi final at Murrayfield would make perfect sense, could also showcase the stadium in a big football game and be absolutely gleaming. The SRU should be all over this even now in my opinion.

Hibs shat their pants in 2006 when the possibility arose. After Mowbray claiming we'd have home advantage it didn't go any further.

7 hours ago, ACX2208 said:

In event that we do beat Well and draw the Hobos AND it is played at Murrayfield.

I ask you this - Realistically, how many do you think will go to a Semi Final at Murrayfield?

Surely 50+?

7 hours ago, ACX2208 said:

I've wondered about that.  If both sides were in great form I reckon 50,000 is a real possibility.  Bear in mind though they only had around 600 at the semi of the big cup in 2006.  That was because they were bright enough to anticipate the thrashing we duly delivered.

Forever Hearts
49 minutes ago, Kiwidoug said:

I've wondered about that.  If both sides were in great form I reckon 50,000 is a real possibility.  Bear in mind though they only had around 600 at the semi of the big cup in 2006.  That was because they were bright enough to anticipate the thrashing we duly delivered.

600?

14 hours ago, Cruyff Turn said:

:thumbsup: we'd take 20,000 easily if we get there. If it's one of the smaller sides, maybe more if they give us a bigger allocation.

If this early season optimism carries on, I've no doubt we'll take whatever we want. :)

15 hours ago, Gorgie_Rules said:

Murrayfield is crap for football as last season proved. 

Im not saying Hampden is any good, its a terrible stadium, however Murrayfield is just as bad for anyone who isn’t sitting along the touch line.

Not if it’s full and it’s a derby IMO

Scotland - England atmosphere there is electric.

Hampden is shite in a number of respects also and it’s smaller.

Edited by Jammy T

Harry Potter
15 hours ago, ShedBoy said:

I prefer Murrayfield, Hampden is a hole and a pain to get out of. U remember when Barca came? I thought that was a decent atmosphere?

Murrayfield would be ok, but would it sell out, 

Bazzas right boot

This thread is allot of shite. 

Planning ahead is disrespectful to whatever Diddy team we have next. 

We're pumping rangers in the semi, then we can talk about hibs in the final at Murrayfield. 

Pump them again, 5-1.

5--1 at both national venues, in both cups, in finals That's what I call a full house. 

Bazzas right boot
1 hour ago, Jammy T said:

Not if it’s full and it’s a derby IMO

Scotland - England atmosphere there is electric.

Hampden is shite in a number of respects also and it’s smaller.

Anyone saying Murrayfield is shite needs to go to a rugby game. 

Murrayfield is a far better stadium than Hampden in all respects. 

17 hours ago, JCR said:

In 2006 Hibs were against playing neutral derby games at Murrayfield and I doubt that’s changed 

To be fair it was Tony Mowbray who objected to his board and they supported him. Reckoned we had an advantage because we had played at Murrayfield before.

That went well didn't it Tony ?

1 hour ago, WeeChuck'sHeed said:

This thread is allot of shite. 

Planning ahead is disrespectful to whatever Diddy team we have next. 

We're pumping rangers in the semi, then we can talk about hibs in the final at Murrayfield. 

Pump them again, 5-1.

5--1 at both national venues, in both cups, in finals That's what I call a full house. 

??? that would be glorious

5 hours ago, Kiwidoug said:

Bare in mind Murrayfield is 65,000 seats and neither team has really hit the heights although hobos get excited about finishing 4th

16 hours ago, Section Q said:

Disagree...! With a big crowd it shows Hampden up for the dump it is.

Agreed Section Q, 

A lot of fans are forgetting about the viewing distances we have to endure when we're at Hampden, i was on the very last row in the Mount Florida end when Hearts scudded Hibs 1-5 and it's certainly notbetter than some areas of Murrayfield.

Anyway lets not get carried away here, it's the League Cup and it's Hearts, our track record in that competition is horrific, one game at a time.

With current supporter interests in both Edinburgh clubs I reckon both teams would take 30,000 to a derby semi-final at Murrayfield.

Even in the diddy cup

Edited by Jammy T

michael_bolton

Dreadful thread on two counts.

1) Motherwell knocked us out the last cup we played them in and have been tough opponents for years.

2) Taking money out of football to give to the SRU is stupid.

1 hour ago, Jammy T said:

With current supporter interests in both Edinburgh clubs I reckon both teams would take 30,000 to a derby semi-final at Murrayfield.

Even in the diddy cup

I agree. Surely the SRU should be in the SFA’s lug as we speak over the possibility?

40 minutes ago, michael_bolton said:

1) Motherwell knocked us out the last cup we played them in and have been tough opponents for years.

We really should skelp them at tynie as things stand though? I’m sure we still have to pay for Hampden too? I’m not sure you get anything free from the SFA. In fact I’d go as far to say you get SFA from the SFA 

Portable Badger
7 hours ago, WeeChuck'sHeed said:

Anyone saying Murrayfield is shite needs to go to a rugby game. 

Murrayfield is a far better stadium than Hampden in all respects. 

Absolutely on the money !!!!!!

Bazzas right boot
49 minutes ago, michael_bolton said:

Motherwell have been pony at Tynecastle recently. 

What if we draw Aberdeen.  Would they be happy to play at murrayfield.  In fairness, that should be in Glasgow.

On the other hand why is it fair that the sectarian duo get to play all their big games in their home city.

8 minutes ago, Kiwidoug said:

What if we draw Aberdeen.  Would they be happy to play at murrayfield.  In fairness, that should be in Glasgow.

On the other hand why is it fair that the sectarian duo get to play all their big games in their home city.

They brought 7k to Murrayfield last season and every sheep I spoke to on the day said it was an excellent set up

On 20/08/2018 at 17:32, ShedBoy said:

Oh we will respect them, but we really should be rinsing them at a packed tynie. 

I know I maybe overly optimistic but we have made an excellent start to the season. It’s a good place to be.

Like I said in my OP ...... imagine.....

Fair enough, if a football fan cannot dream a little .....

...a bit disco

Tbf, if we make the last 4 it is a real possibility that I'll end up running around Murrayfield sporting a League Cup semi.

4 hours ago, michael_bolton said:

How would WE lose out financially from a one off game being played at murrayfield?

Wouldnt we as a club gain due to a higher gate receipts due to higher attendance than we would get at Hampden?

Wouldnt our city, Gorgie and OUR pubs gain economically due to 60,000 fans looking to drink and eat somewhere before and after the game rather than Glasgow

benefiting?

Your second point is ****ing stupid if you don’t mind me saying.

So what if the SRU Gets a bit of extra cash FFS?

4 minutes ago, ...a bit disco said:

Tbf, if we make the last 4 it is a real possibility that I'll end up running around Murrayfield sporting a League Cup semi.

???

4 minutes ago, Jammy T said:

How would WE lose out financially from a one off game being played at murrayfield?

Wouldnt we as a club gain due to a higher gate receipts due to higher attendance than we would get at Hampden?

Wouldnt our city, Gorgie and OUR pubs gain economically due to 60,000 fans looking to drink and eat somewhere before and after the game rather than Glasgow

benefiting?

Your second point is ****ing stupid if you don’t mind me saying.

So what if the SRU Gets a bit of extra cash FFS?

JTs got a point tbf. It’d be great even if the SFA trialled Murrayfield/Edinburgh for 5 yrs say. Just give it a chance, I think it would surprise a few people

Forever Hearts
3 hours ago, Kiwidoug said:

It's not fair, but where else could they play semi finals & finals involving the Old Firm outside of Glasgow?

Sir Vladimir of Romanov
13 minutes ago, Forever Hearts said:

It's not fair, but where else could they play semi finals & finals involving the Old Firm outside of Glasgow?

North Korea? 

3 hours ago, Forever Hearts said:

Murrayfield.  But on behalf of the citizens of that great city, 99% would prefer a dose of the clap than frequently hosting them.

Forever Hearts
1 minute ago, Kiwidoug said:

Murrayfield.  But on behalf of the citizens of that great city, 99% would prefer a dose of the clap than frequently hosting them.

Correct. Therefore the only option is Glasgow.  

Nonsense thread ,  they shat it big style the last time this was mentioned and we lost the opportunity . For money reasons this would also never be allowed. Even if our fantastic  national stadium was closed, they would play it at either one of the bigot brothers grounds to share the revenue when it is obviously needed and deserved .

Gorgie_Rules
On 20/08/2018 at 22:22, PeterintheRain said:

No it isn't as last season proved. As did the 2004 and 2006 European games.

The Pieman isn't in charge anymore so you can drop all the hatred for Murrayfield.  And how can it be just as bad as hampden when you are much closer to the pitch,  seats have a steeper rake, and the front rows are all above pitch level instead of being underground. 

Why do you want to go all the way through to scum city to play another team from the East of Scotland?  

There is a problem with playing two matches on a slagheap of a surface on consecutive days.  There is also a problem that two teams would be unable to play on the Saturday before the draw is made. 

Simple solution is to play both matches on the same day in different cities. But this is Scotland and the glasgow mafia don't allow normality.

Nothing to do with previous owner. 

There is only one stand at Murrayfield that is pitchside. There is a huge gap even from where the grass starts to where the pitch does and if you are behind the goal/in the corner the pitch is about as far away as you are in most parts of Hampden.

I agree Hampden isn’t fit for purpose, but Murrayfield certainly isn’t the answer. I’d much rather go to Parkhead or Ibrox for cup/Scotland games so long as it doesn’t give Celtic/Rangers home advantage.

As for the point about heading through to Glasgow, is it really such a hardship to travel an hour along the road to see your team play in a cup semi/final?

Forever Hearts
31 minutes ago, Gorgie_Rules said:

Nothing to do with previous owner. 

There is only one stand at Murrayfield that is pitchside. There is a huge gap even from where the grass starts to where the pitch does and if you are behind the goal/in the corner the pitch is about as far away as you are in most parts of Hampden.

I agree Hampden isn’t fit for purpose, but Murrayfield certainly isn’t the answer. I’d much rather go to Parkhead or Ibrox for cup/Scotland games so long as it doesn’t give Celtic/Rangers home advantage.

As for the point about heading through to Glasgow, is it really such a hardship to travel an hour along the road to see your team play in a cup semi/final?

Exactly. I've got a 140 mile round trip just to get to our home games, and it doesn't bother me in the slightest.