4 players this week

Jammy T

7 minutes ago, Thegorgieboysareintoon said:

Well there’s dunne .. scarf above head ;)

Good on you son haha hopefully the rest follow! Prove all the tinfoil hats wrong 

• Replies 589
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Lord Beni of Gorgie

• 1874KRM

• rudi must stay

• kimosavi

TyphoonJambo
12 minutes ago, Jamhammer said:

One Doon. Three to go and it’s only Tuesday ?

McCauley, Mitchell and maybe Clare watch this space?

CloustonHMFC
7 minutes ago, TypoonJambo said:

McCauley, Mitchell and maybe Clare watch this space?

Reckon it’ll be the Czech boy and not Clare

TyphoonJambo
21 minutes ago, clouston1992 said:

Reckon it’ll be the Czech boy and not Clare

Would it be greedy to want them all?

TyphoonJambo
18 minutes ago, kimosavi said:

Clare will have much better offers financially than us which would rule him out 

Never say never!

loveofthegame
45 minutes ago, TypoonJambo said:

Never say never!

If English championship clubs are after him I think it’s fair to say never. A quick google has him linked with Villa, Leeds and Swansea. If these clubs are genuinely interested then he won’t be coming to Hearts.

TyphoonJambo

If any of that is true I guess it could be pie in the sky then.

On 20/08/2018 at 15:25, BigC said:

Discussing who we would like to get in, based on players we’ve been linked with is a fairly normal topic for a football forum.

Regardless of whether the OP’s rumour is true or not, four players coming in is not an unrealistic number considering we have sent a few on loan, Lafferty is likely to go and we are light at CH due to Berra’s injury. We may also get rid of 1-2 others like Callachan/Martin which would free a wage. 

I would suggest nitpicking about the way the conversation started is more to the detriment of the quality of the discussion than the framing of the question, which has led to some good conversation.

LoL ok pal! I’m still waiting on 1 of these 4 players.........................

14 hours ago, julienbrellier said:

would love to see Gareth McAuley come in.  excellent defender who would bring experience and quality to the back line

Is he no alder than Hughes

5 minutes ago, ri Alban said:

Is he no alder than Hughes

Our league isn't exactly taxing. He could patrol the 18yard box. ?

7 hours ago, julienbrellier said:

sorry but McAuley would be an incredible signing, really hope we get him

Slightly concerned he's 38 years old 

11 hours ago, red said:

LoL ok pal! I’m still waiting on 1 of these 4 players.........................

Did you miss the Dunne signing? 

Lord Beni of Gorgie
13 minutes ago, PapaShango said:

I’ve heard we’ve bid a substantial fee for Shankland which maybe suggests the Lafferty move is close. 

Good business getting Shankland. McInnes binned him over weight and possibly attitude but the guy has sat up and rescued himself. He was an Under 21 international I think. Sure I watched him in a decent Scottish side at Pittodrie 

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/34495797

Link attached now. Watching World Cup superstars that day unbeknown

Edited by Sir Gio

10 minutes ago, PapaShango said:

I’ve heard we’ve bid a substantial fee for Shankland which maybe suggests the Lafferty move is close. 

That would be an interesting signing 

12 minutes ago, PapaShango said:

Frustrating if true given we could have had him for free little over a month ago.

Edited by andrew

19 minutes ago, PapaShango said:

image.png.641fbdfcabd698c97b91d11b1d60af4f.png

2 minutes ago, gorgieheart said:

AgentKev... is ITK !!  lol !!!

Pure fantasy stuff !

This.

I'd imagine, if Lafferty goes, the priority will be getting Vanacek in.

Spending £450k on anyone is out of the question. 

I heard from someone at another club in Scotland with ties to Hearts. Agree though no chance we are paying 450k for him! Would be utter madness.

Just a gut feeling but I don't think Shankland would cut it at Hearts, would love to be proved wrong but wouldn't be happy with us paying anything over 150k for the boy.  Remember Gavin Reilly, Faissal El Bakhtaoui, Calum Elliot plus many more have scored buckets in the Championship...

5 minutes ago, PapaShango said:

I heard from someone at another club in Scotland with ties to Hearts. Agree though no chance we are paying 450k for him! Would be utter madness.

Exactly, especially when the there's a 250k buyout clause, why would we pay an extra 200k when we don't have to. 

I think Liam smiths development fee could be part of the deal also if true. 

We had a chance to get Shankland last year and walked away....said at the time we should've taken a punt. Even a buy then loan back to Ayr would've been the best move. Not a chance we're paying 450k for him!

4 minutes ago, Jambo92 said:

Just a gut feeling but I don't think Shankland would cut it at Hearts, would love to be proved wrong but wouldn't be happy with us paying anything over 150k for the boy.  Remember Gavin Reilly, Faissal El Bakhtaoui, Calum Elliot plus many more have scored buckets in the Championship...

Shankland will flourish with Maclean and naismith playing along side him imo, they'll tell him where to go, he'll finish 

Imagine:

Gareth McAuley

Demetri Mitchell

Sean Clare

David Vanecek (now instead of January)

:sweeet:

Edited by Ali Lawrie

Jamboscanbevicius
6 minutes ago, Ali Lawrie said:

Imagine:

Gareth McAuley

Demetri Mitchell

Sean Clare

Unlikely... but those 4 would be outstanding!

TyphoonJambo
9 minutes ago, Ali Lawrie said:

Imagine:

Gareth McAuley

Demetri Mitchell

Sean Clare

I think this could happen. If it does, what a squa!

rudi must stay
2 hours ago, Jambo92 said:

All depends what player arrives. But I expected a small nippy striker, he isn't that at all. Looks a good athlete, can hold it up and he has good movement. I think he's worth a punt

3 hours ago, Sir Gio said:

Good business getting Shankland. McInnes binned him over weight and possibly attitude but the guy has sat up and rescued himself. He was an Under 21 international I think. Sure I watched him in a decent Scottish side at Pittodrie 

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/34495797

Link attached now. Watching World Cup superstars that day unbeknown

That French team ?

Lord Beni of Gorgie
1 minute ago, sadj said:

That French team ?

Smoking hot. Came away thinking how inferior we were. Reality it was a cracking effort 

There could be any one of a number of reasons for the Lafferty deal taking so long - Rangers being cheapskates being one

But this will have suited Hearts, as in parallel we’ll have been starting and maybe sorting our follow up signings.

rudi must stay
4 minutes ago, DH1986 said:

Think we’ll soften the blow of the Lafferty departure by announcing a signing or two pretty soon.

Could push through a deal ye. You'd hope a name that wasn't available due to finances may be now

Punks No Deid
4 minutes ago, DH1986 said:

Think we’ll soften the blow of the Lafferty departure by announcing a signing or two pretty soon.

I think the same DH, we've got an acceptable (undisclosed) fee so we can strengthen where required

1 hour ago, Selkirkhmfc1874 said:

Would rather keena getting game time than signing shankland

I don't think Keena is in a position to shift Uche or Maclean and we'll be getting Vanecek sooner or later.

He's had a little game time and didn't really impress that much but its so little he cant be judged.

Shankland's consistent goal scoring record, albeit at lower level, is worth a punt if the price is right.

If we get him I'd put Keena out on loan for a bit.

18 hours ago, julienbrellier said:

sorry but McAuley would be an incredible signing, really hope we get him

Slightly concerned he's 38 years old 

I think liam boyce would be good option to replacement for lafferty but no sure how much he would cost and also noticed ross wallace is available for free transfer

13 minutes ago, smartin1987 said:

I think liam boyce would be good option to replacement for lafferty but no sure how much he would cost and also noticed ross wallace is available for free transfer

Is Boyce even fit?

I’m sure he went to Burton last season and got a serious injury in one of his first few games that meant he’d miss pretty much the whole season. 

Liam boyce has scored 3 goals in 4 games this season but they are looking to bring in Darren bent on a pay for play deal so might open the door.and believe we where to close to signing boyce. before he opted for Burton albion last season