Dreamweaver

Professor.Arturo

Professor.Arturo

Going to start a site soon. Now, I am ok at HTML, not great...just ok. I have been told that Dreamweaver is the mutts nuts, but can be a bit confusing for newbies.

Anyone using Dreamweaver at the moment? my mate has DW8 he's going to lend me to install.....he says its a piece of pi** to use, but saying that, he knows his stuff compared to me.

Any advice?

Say What Again
Going to start a site soon. Now, I am ok at HTML, not great...just ok. I have been told that Dreamweaver is the mutts nuts, but can be a bit confusing for newbies.

Anyone using Dreamweaver at the moment? my mate has DW8 he's going to lend me to install.....he says its a piece of pi** to use, but saying that, he knows his stuff compared to me.

Any advice?

I use Dreamweaver at work every day mate. I hadn't ever used it until I started my job.

It's a great piece piece of software and very easy to pick up.

There's a tutorial which you may want to go through first. Between the 'help', the manual, and the web - you'll be fine.

Professor.Arturo
I use Dreamweaver at work every day mate. I hadn't ever used it until I started my job.

It's a great piece piece of software and very easy to pick up.

There's a tutorial which you may want to go through first. Between the 'help', the manual, and the web - you'll be fine.

Thanks, I'll give it a bash then :)

Is the *** side of it straightforward?

Blooy hell, ok....what I meant was File Transfer Protocol.....not ***

Say What Again
Is the *** side of it straightforward?

Honestly mate, it could not be easier.

Professor.Arturo
Honestly mate, it could not be easier.

Ok dokes, but now I know where to come if I get stuck.....you might regret this ;)

Professor.Arturo
Is there a Fortran or Cobol version? :confused:

Not being funny Dave, but does anyone still use Cobol?

Commander Harris

it was used in so many huge systems that there is still the need for people who know cobol to maintain that code.(there's that old stat that 75%+ of the worlds code is written in cobol)

it's a terrible language though IMO.

davemclaren
Not being funny Dave, but does anyone still use Cobol?

Most of the big banks and insurance companies still have major systems written in Cobol. It's hard to throw away or re-write 35 years of random development. :)

I grant you that Fortran isn't as big as it once was.:P

Toxteth O'Grady

I grant you that Fortran isn't as big as it once was.:P

Is that the service station on the M6?:confused:

Archived