"Big strong physical Hearts"

Walter Bishop

Discipline is a problem though. Love the fact we are as you describe but 5 yellows 3 of which were avoidable. The guys, especially Naismith, need to wind it back a bit with the silly stuff. Refs are not going to let us away with anything so they need to remember and not give refs the opportunity to give a needless yellow. Will cost us big time further into the season. 

Sir Vladimir of Romanov
Just now, VladMagic said:

Discipline is a problem though. Love the fact we are as you describe but 5 yellows 3 of which were avoidable. The guys, especially Naismith, need to wind it back a bit with the silly stuff. Refs are not going to let us away with anything so they need to remember and not give refs the opportunity to give a needless yellow. Will cost us big time further into the season. 

It's called operating on the edge. 

Love it. Even Naismith being a child and kicking people. Good. Hope every non-hearts player in the league hates playing us. Hope all the pundits keep moaning. Win nasty and we'll keep winning.

Just now, Sir Vladimir of Romanov said:

It's called operating on the edge. 

Agreed and its something the boys need to do in big matches. However there were some stupid challenges today which gave the ref no option but to show yellow.

Play on the edge by all means but to it sensibly.

Some bookings were avoidable but this is Scotland and the refs love to give Hearts players cards. 

Edited by Dannie Boy

Big Slim Stylee
5 minutes ago, Deek said:

Naismith is what we have needed a decent

plauer who niggles and gets in your face 

He was superb. Encapsulated the attitude. But God he was lucky to stay on the park :laugh:

stranraer-jambo

Can the compliance officer award a yellow card for SN kick out on Hates?

If so would that count as a red, when added to his yellow later in the game, and he serves an automatic one match ban?

Both Garuccio and Mulraney bookings were soft. The other 3 were justified. Beaton booked Mulraney because Rodgers appealed for it.

Beaton made some awful decisions - Celtic free kick first half and no advantage when Hearts broke after foul on Uche being the most obvious ones.

I always absolutely love when this is trotted out against Celtic. The best Celtic side of the last 40 odd years, O'Neil's team that got to the UEFA Final where a monstrous team with beasts all over the pitch. They were a damn good footballing side as well. I want Hearts to be physically dominant and capable of mixing it and the better Levein teams of the past had that capability. That we have some guys who can play a bit too makes it all the better. Its brilliant news that people are mentioning that we have a team that won't take any prisoners!

Bring Back Paulo Sergio
23 minutes ago, Barack said:

Cheers SFA, for the new Morelos Law. We can get on with our business of booting **** out of people with impunity now.

Naisy, tonight:

:greggy:

"Booting fu k out people with impunity."

Excellent :greggy:

Was there ever a whinier complaint than this? It’s not like it’s cheating. It’s a contact sport and having a team of players unafraid to mix it is perfectly fair. What is meant by it, of course, is ‘we’re a better team but they bullied us and wouldn’t let us play’. This is generally nonsense, but even if it were true, it’s still perfectly within the rules!

Bazzas right boot

Maismith could have cost us today. 

****ing stupid kicking out. 

Guys attitude is top notch, but stop the kicking out, it's just stupid. 

chester copperpot
1 minute ago, WeeChuck'sHeed said:

It's Celtic, it's allowed

50 minutes ago, E6 Inc said:

Love it. Even Naismith being a child and kicking people. Good. Hope every non-hearts player in the league hates playing us. Hope all the pundits keep moaning. Win nasty and we'll keep winning.

Agree totally. Much better than the namby pamby stuff we got under Cathro.

AlphonseCapone
50 minutes ago, VladMagic said:

To an extent but some of the silly stuff is part of who these players are. 

Sir Vladimir of Romanov
12 minutes ago, WeeChuck'sHeed said:

And a trillion other variables could have happened but didn't. 

Just enjoy the win. 

I like this hearts team. 

A team with desire  

belief 

attitude. 

Fight 

Snarl. 

A bit of blood & thunder  

and on top of that, has a bit of quality aswell. 

I want to teams to to hate playing us this season 

Bazzas right boot
27 minutes ago, chester copperpot said:

It's Celtic, it's allowed

24 minutes ago, Morgan said:

10/10 

If he'd seen red, you'd be spitting feathers. No need for it. Kicking out is silly. 

Tackling, getting in to them all good, kicking out could have cost us today. 

1 hour ago, Barack said:

Cheers SFA, for the new Morelos Law. We can get on with our business of booting **** out of people with impunity now.

Naisy, tonight:

:greggy:

Morelos Law.  Love it :lol:

1 hour ago, VladMagic said:

Tbf we're not playing Celtic every week. The Naismith one was very stupid but generally that's not what he's like, Mulraney's was a bit naive, Garuccio's was nonsense, Lafferty was Lafferty, Smith wasn't miles away, just a bit late, yellows like that happen in every match.

Definitely don't see it as a problem. Big matches will always have challenges like that.

Dr Ian Malcolm

Tbf, Lafferty, Garuccio and Mulraney were booked for fairly innocuous challenges that was each' first of the game.

Kouassi cynically brings down Ikpeazu before Hayes injures himself lunging after Naismith. Nothing.

As much as I'm all for Naismith booting Celtic players up the arse at every opportunity, it's gonna cost us as some point.

John Findlay
14 minutes ago, WeeChuck'sHeed said:

If he'd seen red, you'd be spitting feathers. No need for it. Kicking out is silly. 

We would get it rescinded on appeal:D.

rudi must stay

100% effort. Guys that care, I would tell all of them great job and keep it up

Shooter McGavin

I’m glad that we can be a right horrible team to play against on our day, that’s what it takes to beat celtic, rangers & hibs.

alwaysthereinspirit

Agreed and its something the boys need to do in big matches. However there were some stupid challenges today which gave the ref no option but to show yellow.

Which is fine if the ref is consistent with the opposition. He wasn't. 

1 hour ago, Riccarton3 said:

Both Garuccio and Mulraney bookings were soft. The other 3 were justified. Beaton booked Mulraney because Rodgers appealed for it.

Beaton made some awful decisions - Celtic free kick first half and no advantage when Hearts broke after foul on Uche being the most obvious ones.

The latter was an absolute disgrace. 

Bazzas right boot
23 minutes ago, John Findlay said:

We would get it rescinded on appeal:D.

Aye, but he done it twice! 

Anyway, all went well. 

avhudtheteeshirt

When you look at our crime count in the game, after last week, it was unbelievable, 2 Celtic players bring down Uche and Beaton gives Celtic a foul?

Naismith is brought down with a challenge with 2 feet from the back and his own player hits Hayes on the head, why did Hayes not get a straight red, Beaton allows him to get to his feet and took pity on him????

1 hour ago, Dannie Boy said:

Some bookings were avoidable but this is Scotland and the refs love to give Hearts players cards. 

Absolutely.  

This is time last year, we were abject, had no fight or passion.  The players looked like they did not care.  

Today was so different.   We are always going to get bookings, as history shows, some undeserving. I would rather we got booked for putting up a fight, though, than kicking balls away, or sarcastically clapping officials.  

Bazzas right boot
2 minutes ago, Five to One said:

The latter was an absolute disgrace. 

Tbf to Beaton, he let the foul go then the celtic boy tackled and ulche lost the ball so he blew. 

The ball landed at a Hearts player but it could have landed anywhere.

Had to blow, can't leave it for 4/5 secs. 

It's about time we came put fighting against this lot, and obvious others!

You're right we may get done once in a while, but we were getting f-all from Beaton anyway so had to look after ourselves. We did, we won, we deserved it, and i'm fecking delighted!

1 hour ago, WeeChuck'sHeed said:

he's put the SFA in a really awkward situation imediatley, ****in love it, lets see what these cretins do with the morelos law now.

be very surprised if he doesn't get pulled for hayes kick but then again the SFA are a bunch of cowards. they opened the can 6 days ago.

i also wouldn't be surprised if the early tackles leading to the bookings wern't kinda planned just to rattle them early in the game

Edited by reaths17

Craig Gordon is his ridiculous pink the tutu was a disgrace. If he's not rolling about feigning injury he's over moaning and trying to get people booked. The Naismith and Hayes incident he is over moaning. Lost all respect for the guy. He has turned into a total Celtic cretin. I appreciate they pay your wages etc...but just a little whinging cretin now

Bazzas right boot
11 minutes ago, reaths17 said:

he's put the SFA in a really awkward situation imediatley, ****in love it, lets see what these cretins do with the morelos law now.

be very surprised if he doesn't get pulled for hayes kick but then again the SFA are a bunch of cowards. they opened the can 6 days ago.

i also wouldn't be surprised if the early tackles leading to the bookings wern't kinda planned just to rattle them early in the game

Tackling is OK, but kicking out is daft. 

Quality that the SFA have put themselves in a pickle. 

3 minutes ago, WeeChuck'sHeed said:

Tackling is OK, but kicking out is daft. 

Quality that the SFA have put themselves in a pickle. 

wouldn't be the 1st team sent out to ruff them up early in game, done it my self a few times, just lay down a marker.

the kicking was petulant but after seeing morelos get off scot free maybe naismith fancied testing the SFA, he gets pulled their gonna have to explain last weeks decision, fresh in everyones mind. they could always rescind the booking and make it a sending off again.

Bazzas right boot
1 minute ago, reaths17 said:

wouldn't be the 1st team sent out to ruff them up early in game, done it my self a few times, just lay down a marker.

the kicking was petulant but after seeing morelos get off scot free maybe naismith fancied testing the SFA, he gets pulled their gonna have to explain last weeks decision, fresh in everyones mind. they could always rescind the booking and make it a sending off again.

Tbh, he could have been sent off. 

Even if recinnded, does **** all to help us at 0-0 on the day. 

Stupid, but as you say a poke at the SFA, which is funny. 

Getting in about them is all good, kicking out, nope from me. Petulant and unhelpful. 

2 hours ago, VladMagic said:

How about potato head's challenge on Naismith?

Ref had no option not to book him because of the jersey he wears.

1 hour ago, WeeChuck'sHeed said:

Fair point Tosh but, I’m pretty sure @chester copperpot was tongue in cheek and my response in turn belonged in a similar vein.

chester copperpot
Just now, Morgan said:

Fair point Tosh but, I’m pretty sure @chester copperpot was tongue in cheek and my response in turn belonged in a similar vein.

No Morgan, I meant it. Kicking Celtic players is perfectly acceptable. Should be legalised :D