"Big strong physical Hearts"

Walter Bishop

Just now, chester copperpot said:

No Morgan, I meant it. Kicking Celtic players is perfectly acceptable. Should be legalised :D

Ok, I was wrong :lol:

Bazzas right boot
1 hour ago, Morgan said:

Fair point Tosh but, I’m pretty sure @chester copperpot was tongue in cheek and my response in turn belonged in a similar vein.

Ofc, just pissed me off tbh, could have cost us big time. 

Big n' string, tackling getting in their faces, barging etc all good, kick out is for wee ******s tbh. 

Kicking out in a football park is a bit cowardly. The big man is bigger than that| or he wouldn't be a big man, he'd be a wee man. 

Bazzas right boot
1 hour ago, chester copperpot said:

No Morgan, I meant it. Kicking Celtic players is perfectly acceptable. Should be legalised :D

It should be, and aparantly it has?

The_razors_edge

The bigger, stronger and more physical we are the better in my opinion. Add in decent football players and some fire in the belly and you never know where it may lead

Always nice to hear this old line trotted out. You know we are playing well when they start with this shite. Heard Rodgers before the game saying we have to stand up to the physical challenge as if we are the only team in the league to mount one. It's all about putting pressure on the officials to punish any physical challenges so we have to keep the petulant crap out of it. Otherwise crack on ,As someone else mentioned, Martin O'Neill's Celtic were one of the biggest,. most physical teams in recent history but you never heard about Big Physical Celtic BOO Hoo.

I was working yesterday so missed the game, but it's wonderful reading all the comments from Celtic fans, and fans of other clubs, about the physicality of Hearts. Precious wee souls thats they are. 

The Hearts teams in the past that we all love were very physical, but we in those sides we had good football players and I think Levein has built us a good one this time.

The real Hearts are back and I'm delighted we're no longer that soft touch pish from over the last few seasons.

Edited by DG_HMFC

i wish jj was my dad
19 hours ago, boag1874 said:

Any hearts player who boots the sh1te out of that lot is fine in my book

Indeed.  Naismith can be the difference between challenging and beating them

i wish jj was my dad
13 minutes ago, hisnameis said:

Always nice to hear this old line trotted out. You know we are playing well when they start with this shite. Heard Rodgers before the game saying we have to stand up to the physical challenge as if we are the only team in the league to mount one. It's all about putting pressure on the officials to punish any physical challenges so we have to keep the petulant crap out of it. Otherwise crack on ,As someone else mentioned, Martin O'Neill's Celtic were one of the biggest,. most physical teams in recent history but you never heard about Big Physical Celtic BOO Hoo.

Funnily enough we were the only team to stand up to them. 

I wonder what the common denominator was?

Seymour M Hersh
17 hours ago, alwaysthereinspirit said:

Which is fine if the ref is consistent with the opposition. He wasn't. 

And that's the issue. He refereed us to the virtual letter of the law (was amazed he didn't red card naisy) but was lenient when refereeing them. Uche was getting treatment a WWF wrestler would have been proud of but Cheaton kept pulling him and not the manky dogs up. 

When we've won the league before the split the players have my full backing to kick the Jesus out of anything in green and white / blue and white.

Tierney bouncing off Uche's elbow would be a most pleasing sight.

Did the media mention Sinclair kicking Uche when he was down.

It was right in front of the dugouts.

Levein went mental at the fourth official and McPhee was going ape at the lino.

Uche got up and you could see him go WTF? at Sinclair.

22 minutes ago, Seymour M Hersh said:

And that's the issue. He refereed us to the virtual letter of the law (was amazed he didn't red card naisy) but was lenient when refereeing them. Uche was getting treatment a WWF wrestler would have been proud of but Cheaton kept pulling him and not the manky dogs up. 

Watched the Naismith kick last night. It wasn’t exactly a kick - he more shoved Hayes in the arse with his foot. Could have been a red, but it would have been very soft.

19 hours ago, Barack said:

Cheers SFA, for the new Morelos Law. We can get on with our business of booting **** out of people with impunity now.

Naisy, tonight:

:greggy:

Who invented the law that allows refs to avoid booking players like Johnny Hayes though for shocking tackles. Probably the worst tackle of the match was his on Naismith and because he injures himself in the process that clown Beaton fails to book him.

51 minutes ago, hisnameis said:

The laugh is though that man for man they are just as big if not bigger than we are.

Genuine question:

Is there a new law this season that a player doesn’t have to go off after beimg treated for an injury?

Edited by Jammy T

1 minute ago, Jammy T said:

Genuine question:

Is there a new law this season that a player doesn’t have to go off after beimg treated for an injury?

Only if the injury is caused by a cautionable offence.

Trial by TV already started with SKY and Commons "disgusting" comments, no doubt it will continue tonight with the snivelling erse-cheek panderers on BBC.

I for one, will not be the least bit surprised to see Naisy punished retrospectively (again) for doing what untouchable Broon does EVERY week!

15 hours ago, The_razors_edge said:

The bigger, stronger and more physical we are the better in my opinion. Add in decent football players and some fire in the belly and you never know where it may lead

Spot on.

We don't have the money to buy world class players so have a strong team that fight for each other. 

Classic Levein team. 

Seem to remember both Rossi and Paterson getting similar treatment from Hamilton players at their ground. Both were sent off I think. 

Hate it when players do it against us, for that reason I'm perfectly happy for our players to noise up Celtic by doing it to them.

Edited by Uncle Mulk

21 hours ago, stranraer-jambo said:

Can the compliance officer award a yellow card for SN kick out on Hates?

If so would that count as a red, when added to his yellow later in the game, and he serves an automatic one match ban?

Don’t know if there are any refs on here that can confirm or it may even have been covered but I missed it.

was told by a work mate who is also a ref that after the compliance officer left his post and has not been replaced with no intention of appointing anyone a new system exists. If an incudent is reported to the powers that be then the video footage of it is sent to three members of a pre existing list of ex refs ( I assume they are all refs) who have agreed to participate, they are asked a simple question and it’s as basic as “ is there any question over the referees decision in this instance”?they have to hit a button saying yes or no, in the instance of a sending off it only takes one of the three to question it by saying yes and it’s overturned. It’s anonymous and they don’t know who the other two are that are participating apparently. 

Think it goes like that it’s how it was described to me, sorry if it’s been covered

Jambo dans les Pyrenees

Loved the grit in the performance yesterday.

All other SPL managers would have watched that and will now be worried / out to influence the media - Wright, Lennon and Stubbs partiocularly on the latter point.

Seige mentality coming.  And I love it.

:leveinproblem:

Captain Bubblebeard
21 hours ago, viva hate said:

The yellows that we received were not really yellows but the ref let a lot go. Naismiths kick for instance. 

Precedent set by the Morelos decision. The wee man was just using that to his advantage. ?

Ref was never going to give us anything against their beloved OF so it was time to take the law into our own hands.

Fantastic to see and long may it continue.

Edited by Rents

10 hours ago, ivanhoe said:

Only if the injury is caused by a cautionable offence.

So that’s why the Celtic player who got treatment in the first half didn’t have to go of and no one was going mental?

Lord Beni of Gorgie
3 minutes ago, Jammy T said:

So that’s why the Celtic player who got treatment in the first half didn’t have to go of and no one was going mental?

Yup. Rule came in last season. 

On 8/11/2018 at 17:01, WeeChuck'sHeed said:

Tbf to Beaton, he let the foul go then the celtic boy tackled and ulche lost the ball so he blew. 

The ball landed at a Hearts player but it could have landed anywhere.

Had to blow, can't leave it for 4/5 secs. 

I thought the rule was 6 seconds before blowing

8 hours ago, Heartbeat said:

Don’t know if there are any refs on here that can confirm or it may even have been covered but I missed it.

was told by a work mate who is also a ref that after the compliance officer left his post and has not been replaced with no intention of appointing anyone a new system exists. If an incudent is reported to the powers that be then the video footage of it is sent to three members of a pre existing list of ex refs ( I assume they are all refs) who have agreed to participate, they are asked a simple question and it’s as basic as “ is there any question over the referees decision in this instance”?they have to hit a button saying yes or no, in the instance of a sending off it only takes one of the three to question it by saying yes and it’s overturned. It’s anonymous and they don’t know who the other two are that are participating apparently. 

Think it goes like that it’s how it was described to me, sorry if it’s been covered

? Scary prospect. Basically all the secrecy is to allow bias and deny culpability...

Bazzas right boot
31 minutes ago, Groatallar said:

I thought the rule was 6 seconds before blowing

fair enough if it is, but I have never seen a passage of play go as long as 6 seconds then blowing and bringing play back. Have you?

I actually picked up on it at the game, Ulche was getting fouled, but Beaton played good advantage, then the other celtic guy slid in and won the ball, the ball went back wards then Beaton blew. It landed at a Hearts player and advantage could have been continued, but to be pulling him up on it is  tad harsh imo, the ball when the second tackle went in could have landed anywhere.

I thought he wasn't bad, not great but not bad.

Don't know who slid in for us early doors and got booked, but his foot was way high and he got the man, no where near the ball. seen reds for it, Naismith also got lucky.

Celtic also got away with a few niggles.

The Naismith pk, there was push, but no way can he give that from his position, the linesman  had a great view of that.

Hayes should have been booked, but then the thumb got booked for **** all.

I am not crying about it, seen far, far worse and almost biased referring performances when playing them or Rangers, he was no where near this.

In all honesty he was decent.

Edited by WeeChuck'sHeed

I wasn't too fussed about the refereeing yesterday but I thought that particular incident where Beaton should have played on was shit refereeing. Beaton cleared missed a few like Naismith and Brown although how Hayes did not get booked for his shocking challenge was an outrage. Having said that Naismith should have got a yellow for his boot push. He might not have kicked Simunovic later if he had!

Fly the Saltire
11 hours ago, Jammy T said:

Genuine question:

If opposition player is booked he doesn't have to go off . Was law last season as well and is fair.

ginger jambo98
16 minutes ago, WeeChuck'sHeed said:

fair enough if it is, but I have never seen a passage of play go as long as 6 seconds then blowing and bringing play back. Have you?

I actually picked up on it at the game, Ulche was getting fouled, but Beaton played good advantage, then the other celtic guy slid in and won the ball, the ball went back wards then Beaton blew. It landed at a Hearts player and advantage could have been continued, but to be pulling him up on it is  tad harsh imo, the ball when the second tackle went in could have landed anywhere.

I thought he wasn't bad, not great but not bad.

Don't know who slid in for us early doors and got booked, but his foot was way high and he got the man, no where near the ball. seen reds for it, Naismith also got lucky.

Celtic also got away with a few niggles.

The Naismith pk, there was push, but no way can he give that from his position, the linesman  had a great view of that.

Hayes should have been booked, but then the thumb got booked for **** all.

I am not crying about it, seen far, far worse and almost biased referring performances when playing them or Rangers, he was no where near this.

In all honesty he was decent.

Pretty much agree with all that. Only 1booking that I queried was Ben’s, he stopped dead and the Celtic player basically kicked the ball then Ben, it’s not like he could just get out the way. Thought they could have picked up Another 2 yellows for Brown and Hayes but hey ho, that’s Scottish fitba for you.