Today's Goals SSN

hughesie27

Very much enjoyed that. The goals, the roar(s) from the fans. Argh. I love this part of the season, where your dreams are still fully intact and everything is exciting. ?

Just now, Longshanks said:

Excellent stuff!  

Unfortunately Hughes showing why he should be nowhere near the first team.  Accident waiting to happen.

Exactly and he'll get ripped a new one against much better opposition this season.

Stephen Muddie
1 hour ago, Herbert said:

Not on here, not even a resounding away win which is as rare as hens teeth will get some of the miserable Pricks on bored. 

They can **** off, Pricks. 

Good points well made.

Stephen Muddie
13 minutes ago, redm said:

Very much enjoyed that. The goals, the roar(s) from the fans. Argh. I love this part of the season, where your dreams are still fully intact and everything is exciting. ?

Another great point well made. 

Momentum in football is almost everything. Lang may the lum of oor dreams reek.

Edited by Stephen Muddie

5 minutes ago, Stephen Muddie said:

Another great point well made. 

Momentum in football is almost everything. Lang may the lum of oor dreams reek.

Totally. When I was watching the video I even convinced myself I could see a swagger and confidence in the players (in split second clips ?) but I think that’s just because I’m willing it and hoping they’re getting as much of a boost from this build up of results as we are. 

Like you say, momentum matters. The Celtic fixture is difficult. A win and you’ve taken a huge confidence boost early in the season, but then you might also get a hammering and that’s a dull one for a new team like this. All part of the process though. I love it. :biggrin: 

4 hours ago, Gashauskis9 said:

My man love for Haring is getting quite full on now.

Have to laugh as I agree ???. Guy is doing brilliant. The missus doesn’t get it haha

48745629-3BBD-4953-A578-338CA1109C23.gif

Edited by 1971fozzy

Stephen Muddie
8 minutes ago, redm said:

Totally. When I was watching the video I even convinced myself I could see a swagger and confidence in the players (in split second clips ?) but I think that’s just because I’m willing it and hoping they’re getting as much of a boost from this build up of results as we are. 

Like you say, momentum matters. The Celtic fixture is difficult. A win and you’ve taken a huge confidence boost early in the season, but then you might also get a hammering and that’s a dull one for a new team like this. All part of the process though. I love it. :biggrin: 

I saw that confidence and joy in the lads too. Reminded me of a special new team of ours around 13 years ago... Although to be fair that lot got papped out the LC by Livi and that team's Haring wasn't a patch on the big Austrian (& couldn't hit a coos erse with a banjo nevermind bag a brace)

Yes, I'm letting my self, ever so quietly, get totally and insanely carried away. While the dream is alight im inhaling all that good shit.

Must suck to be a kickbacker who cares more about a shite Hearts team provin their gloomy predictions correct than a good Hearts team providing them with joy.

Septic are there for the taking.

rudi must stay
2 hours ago, Uncle Buck said:

Naismith is the best player in the league. Including Celtic.

There, I said it.

He could get in their team, definatly. Could be top scorer this season, I don't think that would be a bad bet

5 hours ago, Longshanks said:

What are you on about? :lol:

I'm buzzing about the victory but it doesn't mean we can't talk about how shite Hughes is.  He's a weak link and he needs replaced pronto.

I don’t think he’s shite , in a back 3 he needs to be in the middle of the three as he’s too slow now. In a 4 as I thought we started he can fill in at RB but hes far from an ideal back up there. I think he’s a better option than L. Smith there but far worse than M. Smith and I think Godinho and Brandon can become far better than all the above. I hope when we get them back Hughes will play -a smaller part in the first team.

I do think we will bring in another CB if we can Haring is just as much a midfielder as a defender. 

39 minutes ago, jamdunc said:

That reverse ball for the fourth and the finish ? Haring took the third so calmly.

Their goal was a proper mental lapse from Hughes trying to use his body to block off the forward til Zlamal collected and the forward just let him lean in and fall on his arse. Not his cleverest moment. 

Stephen Muddie
2 hours ago, jamdunc said:

cheers mate. First I've seen of good quality highlights (cheers for the sky recording earlier Hughesie) 

I love how there's no commentary on the spfl youtube. Just the four :yas::yas::yas::yas:

Oh and the penalty award :yas:

the fu'll time whistle (feck off predictive text madness - I no longer care for grammatical accuracy if you think full is fu'll I ain't gonna argue) provided another big :yas: too.

:jjyay:

BBC stats have us with about 20 attempts on goal and 10 on target for the 3rd game in a row.

I know we haven't been playing world beaters but that's pleasing me no end and is very promising for the future.

Alex Kintner
4 hours ago, redm said:

4 hours ago, Stephen Muddie said:

I saw that confidence and joy in the lads too. Reminded me of a special new team of ours around 13 years ago... Although to be fair that lot got papped out the LC by Livi and that team's Haring wasn't a patch on the big Austrian (& couldn't hit a coos erse with a banjo nevermind bag a brace)

Yes, I'm letting my self, ever so quietly, get totally and insanely carried away. While the dream is alight im inhaling all that good shit.

Must suck to be a kickbacker who cares more about a shite Hearts team provin their gloomy predictions correct than a good Hearts team providing them with joy.

Septic are there for the taking.

Love both these posts and I’m glad I’m not the only one giddy as a schoolboy who’s just had his first snog behind the bikeshed. :lol:

5 hours ago, Stephen Muddie said:

cheers mate. First I've seen of good quality highlights (cheers for the sky recording earlier Hughesie) 

I love how there's no commentary on the spfl youtube. Just the four :yas::yas::yas::yas:

Oh and the penalty award :yas:

the fu'll time whistle (feck off predictive text madness - I no longer care for grammatical accuracy if you think full is fu'll I ain't gonna argue) provided another big :yas: too.

:jjyay:

You are welcome

McLean looks like a player who's been given a new lease of life.  Already looking like an inspired piece of business by Levein.

14 hours ago, brux said:

We are never happy, Hughes is human, makes a mistake, we win 4 1 but still folk are trying to hang him out to dry.  Pant wetting when we win now, what next.

Fair enough but against better teams these sort of mistakes might cost us the game.

Punks No Deid
1 hour ago, Haken said:

McLean looks like a player who's been given a new lease of life.  Already looking like an inspired piece of business by Levein.

Agree, him n Naismith been given freedom to roam, both very intelligent ? footballers