2 fans stabbed at Ibrox

His name is

1 minute ago, jake said:

Scotland is a nation of rich in bigotry and worse.

Why or how could you deny that.

It's also rich in many other things.

But to swap one set of bigoted language with another is not imo right.

So I will being me speak against the mainstream.

Sweeping generalization, bigotry has not played a part in my life or that of any of my friends and family. 

Perhaps you live in the west coast or one of those small mining communities where it is rife.

• Replies 258
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• jake

• sadj

• Morgan

• Elmore

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Alex Kintner
Just now, jake said:

Thanks for your input.

Thanks for yours. You’ve managed to turn a thread about a football stabbing into a religious and sectarian shitstorm. Congratulations.

7 minutes ago, graygo said:

Sweeping generalization, bigotry has not played a part in my life or that of any of my friends and family. 

Perhaps you live in the west coast or one of those small mining communities where it is rife.

My god.

No born bred and live in the capital.

My comments if you read them were pertinent to this forum.

Holy fek you generalise again.

Bad Religion
21 minutes ago, G0rd0nM1lls said:

Move along. Nothing to see here. Rangers have more than a few neds & more than a few old-style hoolies who still like a dust-up at 50+. A fair few Croat teams also have a lively following.

Stuff like this happens occasionally. I doubt Croatia being viewed as rabidly Catholic had anything to do with it. A few Slavs likely fancied taking any opportunity for some action and one presented itself. A few Rangers neds on the scene & we have a stushie.

We still have a few old-style lads. So do the vermin. And the Sheep. All three have youthful neds as well. Let's not mention Airdrie?.

Let's not kid ourselves that this couldn't happen at an Embra Derby if certain personnel met under the "wrong"  circumstances.

As I say, standard Fitba behaviour - if a little rare nowadays. Nothing to see here. Move on. 

You should be banned for this. 

Edited by Bad Religion

I’d love to hear jake’s thoughts on this. Apologies to the admins for mentioning someone who hasn’t posted yet. 

SpruceBringsteen
2 minutes ago, Zico said:

I’d love to hear jake’s thoughts on this. Apologies to the admins for mentioning someone who hasn’t posted yet. 

This has been the only post worth reading tbh.

:laugh:

7 minutes ago, Zico said:

:rofl: 

Big Slim Stylee
51 minutes ago, Zico said:

???

3 hours ago, jake said:

No.

Croatian supporters coming to Scotland and behaving like thugs.

Or are we excusing their behaviour because.

Its Rangers

2 They are foreign

I for one don't like people coming here to behave like disrespectful animals.

But all I see is it's Glasgow beds.

Are you sure ?

Haw Jakey, yer aw ower the place big man, you been at the bevvy?

It's particularly difficult to try to decipher from this stramash, what exactly your point is but I'm going to give it a go.

You seem to be upset that, before the full facts of the matter are revealed, people have jumped to the conclusion that the perpetrators are Rangers fans. An agenda driven by bigotry in your eyes?

Then you appear to have jumped to all sorts of conclusion yourself

"Croatian supporters coming to Scotland and behaving like thugs."

"I for one don't like people coming here to behave like disrespectful animals."

It appears to me you have decided the thugs are the Croats and others are excusing them because they are foreign.

Why have you assumed foreign people are at fault? What agenda has driven your conclusions? Don't you like foreign people?

3 hours ago, jake said:

Lies

Why are you lying?

"It'll have been some wee weedgie neds coming out of the tenements with blades, or some such...probably not even have tickets for the game... ."

Jake, a lie would require a statement of fact.

The above comment just screams opinion or assumption to me. Hard to call any such statement a lie.... surely

Tommy Brown
3 hours ago, Bad Religion said:

You should be banned for this. 

1 hour ago, sadj said:

Indeed 

Fail to see why you think this poster should be banned?

Croats have a reputation for causing trouble abroad. They meet up with another mob who are either willing or not putting up with up with it, or just caught up in it.

Hearts support were attacked at Ibrox in the Championship season.

I am not getting your take on the post, but understand the original post clearly.

50 minutes ago, Tommy Brown said:

Fail to see why you think this poster should be banned?

Croats have a reputation for causing trouble abroad. They meet up with another mob who are either willing or not putting up with up with it, or just caught up in it.

Hearts support were attacked at Ibrox in the Championship season.

I am not getting your take on the post, but understand the original post clearly.

Reading that then your reply makes me think as though your attitude to the Hearts support being attacked in the Championship season was “nothing to see here , move along”? It happens who cares forget about it cause all teams have fans who like a fight? Hearts and Hibs fans can do it so lets not pretend it couldn’t? 

I just think it trivialises it and theres no place for it now. Irrelevant which side got attacked by who and who the two fellas were supporting its not right and you can’t say people deserve it. That the other way the posters post came across to me. For those reasons I don’t like the posters post.

Some of the people I was discussing this incident with a wee while ago didn’t think it trivial in todays climate. These are people who used to do the same thing back in the day too.

Times have changed its never been acceptable but now it shouldn’t be tolerated at all. Imagine you’ve a young kid take them to a game and they get caught up in that kind of behaviour and they don’t make it home is it still “nothing to see here , forget about it”?

Edited by sadj

3 hours ago, Zico said:

:lol: ledge. 

26 minutes ago, I P Knightley said:

It's not seventeen syllables so it can't be haiku. I can't work out what it is, though. 

Is it some sort of soup?

Tommy Brown
1 hour ago, sadj said:

Reading that then your reply makes me think as though your attitude to the Hearts support being attacked in the Championship season was “nothing to see here , move along”? It happens who cares forget about it cause all teams have fans who like a fight? Hearts and Hibs fans can do it so lets not pretend it couldn’t? 

I just think it trivialises it and theres no place for it now. Irrelevant which side got attacked by who and who the two fellas were supporting its not right and you can’t say people deserve it. That the other way the posters post came across to me. For those reasons I don’t like the posters post.

Some of the people I was discussing this incident with a wee while ago didn’t think it trivial in todays climate. These are people who used to do the same thing back in the day too.

Times have changed its never been acceptable but now it shouldn’t be tolerated at all. Imagine you’ve a young kid take them to a game and they get caught up in that kind of behaviour and they don’t make it home is it still “nothing to see here , forget about it”?

Trivialise? No far from it, bud.

EDIT:

Your final comments are my views too, well said.

The point, I read from the post, was one group looking for trouble got it returned by another group happy to do so.

Which was my point in that Rangers had recent history against Hearts fans.

The "nothing to see", I read as as nothing to do wih bigotry ot sectarianism, which Jake totally de-railed the to with his bizarre posting manner.

Again, the post (IMO) was all about knuckle-draggers , will always be knuckle-draggers..

So, i did not see anything to wet pants about and demand bannings.

Edited by Tommy Brown

1 hour ago, sadj said:

You're entitled to think he's wrong, out of order even. I'd be inclined to agree with you.

Banned from a forum because he doesn't care about it though? Are we the thought police now?

It's not even as if he went as far as saying they deserved it or he was pleased, he just said it isn't big news, these things happen. I think he's obviously playing down a serious issue, hardly a banning offence

Ibrahim Tall

To be honest while I’m loathe to stick up for Rangers is any way..

From what I’ve heard/read the Croats ‘started it’ by attacking Rangers fans and throwing flares etc, if true they deserved a kick in.

MacDonald Jardine
18 minutes ago, Ibrahim Tall said:

From what I’ve heard/read the Croats ‘started it’ by attacking Rangers fans and throwing flares etc, if true they deserved a kick in.

That doesn't fit the agenda though.

Get with it.

Interesting, one loyal persons rant over multiple posts and very few comments for fear of rule number 17 being applied. 

A sign of things to do come ?

AlphonseCapone
6 hours ago, jake said:

Of course.

Some of the same posters agendas are quite happy to paint eastern Europeans as far right thugs.

But all of a sudden .

Jake I don't doubt you're a good guy at heart but you've had a car crash on this thread. There hasn't been a single incidence of bigotry on this thread and I challenge you to quote it if it is there. Maybe some folk leapt to conclusions but that was probably based on a deep dislike of Rangers. If it was Hibs or Celtic the thread would have looked the same. 

Also, stop spamming the thread man. It's annoying and the opposite of debate. 

6 hours ago, G0rd0nM1lls said:

Move along. Nothing to see here. Rangers have more than a few neds & more than a few old-style hoolies who still like a dust-up at 50+. A fair few Croat teams also have a lively following.

Stuff like this happens occasionally. I doubt Croatia being viewed as rabidly Catholic had anything to do with it. A few Slavs likely fancied taking any opportunity for some action and one presented itself. A few Rangers neds on the scene & we have a stushie.

We still have a few old-style lads. So do the vermin. And the Sheep. All three have youthful neds as well. Let's not mention Airdrie?.

Let's not kid ourselves that this couldn't happen at an Embra Derby if certain personnel met under the "wrong"  circumstances.

As I say, standard Fitba behaviour - if a little rare nowadays. Nothing to see here. Move on. 

Nah stabbing is scummy as ****. This wasn't just some fighting amongst the thinking challenged. 

Also no idea why a Hearts fan would drag us into this thread. It's about Rangers and a Croatian team. That's it. 

23 minutes ago, Ibrahim Tall said:

But by all accounts they got more than that. Fight with your hands like a man, don't bring weapons into it. Absolute scum behaviour. Valid even if it turns out to be the Croatians with the knives BTW, before Jake goes radge at me. 

Nookie Bear
37 minutes ago, AlphonseCapone said:

But by all accounts they got more than that. Fight with your hands like a man, don't bring weapons into it. Absolute scum behaviour. Valid even if it turns out to be the Croatians with the knives BTW, before Jake goes radge at me. 

Always find this attitude a bit strange: someone is lobbing missiles and flares at you and folk are supposed to respond using Queensbury Rules? 

6 hours ago, Zico said:

I was reading through this thread wondering why I was bothering then came to this.  Brilliant.

More generally, irrespective of who cast the first stone, folk should be able to go to a football match without getting stabbed.

Edited by Haken

Ron Burgundy
17 minutes ago, Nookie Bear said:

Always find this attitude a bit strange: someone is lobbing missiles and flares at you and folk are supposed to respond using Queensbury Rules? 

And no low blows or punching after the bell.

Edited by Ron Burgundy
spell

Nookie Bear
2 minutes ago, Ron Burgundy said:

And no low blows or punching after the bell.

“Not the face, I’ve a meeting first thing in the morning”

AlphonseCapone
23 minutes ago, Nookie Bear said:

It's a general principle isn't it and if folk are launching missiles at you then aye go ahead and launch them back. But a knife? Well you probably have that out with you in advance of however anyone else has reacted. 

It's also enshrined in law to an extent. Proportionate self-defence. I stabbed him because he chucked something at me won't cut it. If you excuse the pun.

Edited by AlphonseCapone

Nookie Bear
Just now, AlphonseCapone said:

It's a general principle isn't it and if folk are launching missiles at you then aye go ahead and launch them back. But a knife? Well you probably have that out with you in advance of however anyone else has reacted. 

Launching missiles is just as premeditated and the fact you could be hitting anyone makes it even more dangerous in some respects. 

AlphonseCapone
1 minute ago, Nookie Bear said:

Launching missiles is just as premeditated and the fact you could be hitting anyone makes it even more dangerous in some respects. 

I disagree to an extent. I'm not sure many folk die from objects being launched into a crowd compared to stabbing incidents. Both are shite behaviour. I just can't understand the mentality of taking out a knife with you, is my main point really. 

Ibrahim Tall
3 minutes ago, AlphonseCapone said:

I disagree to an extent. I'm not sure many folk die from objects being launched into a crowd compared to stabbing incidents. Both are shite behaviour. I just can't understand the mentality of taking out a knife with you, is my main point really. 

Tbh, stabbing is scummy behaviour but without knowing the full circumstances it's difficult to judge. I.e. They could easily have brought the knife themselves and got stabbed themselves by it in a brawl.

7 hours ago, jake said:

My god.

No born bred and live in the capital.

My comments if you read them were pertinent to this forum.

Holy fek you generalise again.

The problem is you are so pished that nobody can really work out what you saying. Fun reading your posts though

1 minute ago, XB52 said:

The problem is you are so pished that nobody can really work out what you saying. Fun reading your posts though

Im with this, pretty sure he’s waking up rough thinking firstly good win for Rangers secondly whys my laptop in bed with me. 

Well this is a quality thread.....?

So two people stabbed and no one is any wiser.

Edited by Jamboelite

Just now, Barack said:

So...what's this thread all about...?

Independence

Bigotry

Knife crime

Alcoholism

its a smorgasbord of topics.

Салатные палочки
9 hours ago, jake said:

Are you sure?

Am I sure that Rangers and Chelsea fans are scum? 

Yes. Although they're not the only ones, they are just scummier than most. 

Edit. This is regardless of what happened last night or whoever caused it. 

Edited by Salad Fingers

Special Agent Dale Cooper

Well that was a read-and-a-half.

Hopefully jake gets a lie-in this morning.

AlphonseCapone
38 minutes ago, Ibrahim Tall said:

Tbh, stabbing is scummy behaviour but without knowing the full circumstances it's difficult to judge. I.e. They could easily have brought the knife themselves and got stabbed themselves by it in a brawl.

Fair enough. 

I've saw the damage knives can do so I get a bit uppity about it. 

10 minutes ago, Salad Fingers said:

Am I sure that Rangers and Chelsea fans are scum? 

Yes. Although they're not the only ones, they are just scummier than most. 

Edit. This is regardless of what happened last night or whoever caused it. 

Ha Ha Ha, Have you been to Chelsea recently

Geoff the Mince
3 minutes ago, SE16 3LN said:

Ha Ha Ha, Have you been to Chelsea recently

Going to Chelsea is like going to Wimbedon for the Tennis . 

Not a fan of sevco- but if the Croatians thought they were gonna behave like Zagreb did here, and expect to get away with it in the weedge, this was always gonna happen

This sort of stuff happens week in week out through there, all be it on a much lesser scale. Rangers supporters have a huge reputation for hooliganisim. It's something that's under reported and swept  under the carpet.  Mind you things are not helped when you get journalists writing stories praising the tactical genius of similar hooligans that follow our smaller neighbours being plastered all over what is supposed to be a serious newspaper.  Until serious steps are taken by the authorities and the clubs themselves it will continue unabated.

• redm changed the title to 2 fans stabbed at Ibrox