JKB pre-season optimism

davie1980

merseyjambo
2 hours ago, Hunky Dory said:

I’ve never met a hearts fan out with this site that has bigged up Hibs over Hearts. There’s no evidence for it this early into a season, it’s even more nonsensical given they lost four goals against a team of part-timers.

Bigging up Hibs. Listen fella if that’s what you think that post was then you’re clearly seeing something in it I’m not.

We finished 20 plus points behind them last year and there is nothing in that squad at present to suggest we are going to get closer to them.

Thats not bigging  them up, it’s my opinion which I’m entitled to, as you are entitled to yours. 

They may may have lost 4 goals against part timers but they did also score 6 in both legs. That beats our effort of 2 against a bunch of part timers if you want to be really pedantic.

• Replies 109
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• davemclaren

• merseyjambo

• davie1980

• fast_blood

Top Posters In This Topic

merseyjambo
1 hour ago, graygo said:

More made up pish.

Last 2 games we have had 40 (forty) shots at goal with 19 (nineteen) on target.

And how many of those efforts on target have actually made the goalie work. I don’t know what the stats were yesterday but I can’t recall their goalie having to make a really meaningful save. I can recall watching Naismith and Lafferty with opportunities to shoot but instead chose to pass. 

Thats not not made up pish, that was watching it with my own eyes

As much as I expected more it’s still too early to lambast the team, let’s see where we are after the first full set of fixtures then if no signs visible lambast away.

4 minutes ago, merseyjambo said:

And how many of those efforts on target have actually made the goalie work. I don’t know what the stats were yesterday but I can’t recall their goalie having to make a really meaningful save. I can recall watching Naismith and Lafferty with opportunities to shoot but instead chose to pass. 

Thats not not made up pish, that was watching it with my own eyes

That's not what you said though, you said that they were afraid to take a pop at goal. I just pointed out that you were wrong.

merseyjambo
1 minute ago, graygo said:

That's not what you said though, you said that they were afraid to take a pop at goal. I just pointed out that you were wrong.

To me if you have a decent shooting opportunity and you choose to pass, it’s that you’re afraid to have a pop yourself

Bridge of Djoum
11 minutes ago, merseyjambo said:

To me if you have a decent shooting opportunity and you choose to pass, it’s that you’re afraid to have a pop yourself

Afraid.....bar the 40 times they did?

I think it’s too early to say. We showed last season that we can make Tynecastle a fortress so all we need to do is improve our away form. I think we will be in a battle with Hibs and Aberdeen for 3rd, 4th and 5th as pretty much it has always been. I think we have improved on last season the question is whether we’ve improved enough. Time will tell but I’m feeling optimistic.

Bridge of Djoum
2 hours ago, old school tie said:

We've beaten a fishing village and scraped a draw with a team from the 3rd division.:jj_facepalm:

Hud me back :cornette_dog:

2 wins from 2.

2 hours ago, old school tie said:

We've beaten a fishing village and scraped a draw with a team from the 3rd division.:jj_facepalm:

Hud me back :cornette_dog:

Apparently we are progressing. Last time this regime faced a team of fishermen we lost. Things are looking up!!!