• Juanjo15

• Gambo

• Bazzas right boot

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

davemclaren
13 minutes ago, chester copperpot said:

This Dave. In spades.

Massive drive and try and win by as many as possible please Hearts.

I actually think we will spank them tmrw. 

I hope so. 

davemclaren
9 minutes ago, Pasquale for King said:

I think if the person was sacked on the basis of making a mistake that cost the club money, she might have a winnable court case considering some of the expensive gaffes made in the last few years that had no consequences.

All depends on what happened. How do you know there were no consequences for any previous errors?

luckyBatistuta
14 minutes ago, chester copperpot said:

Na. He was trying to fire into his sister round the back of the South stand NAP!

11 minutes ago, John Findlay said:

He was fifth in the queue.

Was thinking exactly the same John, they all left early to join the queue. One giant pumping followed by another and another…

41 minutes ago, NaturalOrder74 said:

When is a decision made on this ? Surely it’s a bit unfair having to continue to play games in this diddy cup unsure of what’s actually happening 

hearing is on monday

chester copperpot
16 minutes ago, John Findlay said:

He was fifth in the queue.

I got in first. So he was 5 to 1 :D

She was a dog though

John Findlay
4 minutes ago, luckyBatistuta said:

Was thinking exactly the same John, they all left early to join the queue. One giant pumping followed by another and another…

She was the only happy Hibby that day:laugh:

luckyBatistuta
16 minutes ago, Nookie Bear said:

I think it’s easy to say “sack them” on here but I bet it would be different if anyone actually spoke face to face with the person responsible. 

Some don’t want any rash over the top punishment to what we’ve done wrong, yet instantly want the person responsible for what we’ve done wrong sacked :facepalm:

luckyBatistuta
2 minutes ago, John Findlay said:

She was the only happy Hibby that day:laugh:

:lol: bet old dr was in there too

If Irving signed a new contract in January, pretty sure he has represented the club prior to Wednesday night so why is it only just noticed now?

Jambof3tornado
2 minutes ago, BelgeJambo said:

If Irving signed a new contract in January, pretty sure he has represented the club prior to Wednesday night so why is it only just noticed now?

Think its coz the old contract ran out 8th june.

2 hours ago, Rudy T said:

This sad twat needs help...serious feckin looney. I suspect he's lurking on this thread.

I'm sure greenginger spends a lot of time on here.  Nor sure if it was him who said the new pitch was a death trap but he certainly said we've failed to get about 500 compliance certificates.

If it wiznae fur cooncil currupshun we'd huv tae dig it up again.

Pasquale for King
19 minutes ago, davemclaren said:

All depends on what happened. How do you know there were no consequences for any previous errors?

Have we not wasted millions on signing absolute duds? 80 players signed in 4 years. Did the scout or the guy that signed off on them get sacked? Did whoever designed the new stand, and what the insides would consist of, still changing, suffer any consequences?

4 minutes ago, Pasquale for King said:

Have we not wasted millions on signing absolute duds? 80 players signed in 4 years. Did the scout or the guy that signed off on them get sacked? Did whoever designed the new stand, and what the insides would consist of, still changing, suffer any consequences?

The guy who forgot to order the seats...has moved on.

31 minutes ago, Pasquale for King said:

I think if the person was sacked on the basis of making a mistake that cost the club money, she might have a winnable court case considering some of the expensive gaffes made in the last few years that had no consequences.

Said person wouldn't have a claim if said person hadn't followed due process, the kind of things companies spend a lot of time and money writing down to get ISO certification. If this had been a league game or a Scottish cup tie the consequences could have been much more serious financially - as it is (OK, we're still awaiting punishment) I reckon we'll lose the game (correctly) and get a fine. Under the circumstances I'd say it was a sackable offence, not that I'm up for a lynching. Someone  somewhere didn't do their job - and it sounds like there's a lack of checking. Harsh lesson leaned - but it could have been a lot worse. 

5 minutes ago, NANOJAMBO said:

Said person wouldn't have a claim if said person hadn't followed due process, the kind of things companies spend a lot of time and money writing down to get ISO certification. If this had been a league game or a Scottish cup tie the consequences could have been much more serious financially - as it is (OK, we're still awaiting punishment) I reckon we'll lose the game (correctly) and get a fine. Under the circumstances I'd say it was a sackable offence, not that I'm up for a lynching. Someone  somewhere didn't do their job - and it sounds like there's a lack of checking. Harsh lesson leaned - but it could have been a lot worse. 

My issue with all this isn't that I want some to lose their job that's just wrong. My issue is for a club our size we don't have the right people in place to run the operations side of the business. Costly mistakes are being made and it's tarnishing what has been a remarkable turn around from where we were. It needs addressed from the top.

MacDonald Jardine
54 minutes ago, luckyBatistuta said:

I always think folk are too quick to jump in with the pitchforks when an honest mistake is made by someone. If you were to look at this from another angle...say it was your wife who had made this mistake and she had been in the job for years, without making any prior errors, would you honestly be telling her she should be sacked?

Of course not.

Could I understand if she was? Absolutely.  (I might not express that though.)

Just now, Rudy T said:

My issue with all this isn't that I want some to lose their job that's just wrong. My issue is for a club our size we don't have the right people in place to run the operations side of the business. Costly mistakes are being made and it's tarnishing what has been a remarkable turn around from where we were. It needs addressed from the top.

What costly mistakes?

MacDonald Jardine
26 minutes ago, luckyBatistuta said:

Some don’t want any rash over the top punishment to what we’ve done wrong, yet instantly want the person responsible for what we’ve done wrong sacked :facepalm:

If somebody had the responsibility to register the player and didn't, it's a sacking offence. 

If the club relied on an employee who it turned out failed, they can't be held entirely responsible for that.

Stupid Sexy Flanders
59 minutes ago, JamesM48 said:

Heads should roll . We may get thrown out of the cup and more importantly lost revenue. 

I'd say you've got these two things the wrong way round, and I think it's weird for a fan to think otherwise. I'm far more interested in the club  winning trophies than having an extra few grand in the bank. 

2 minutes ago, Rudy T said:

I agree, no need for sackings but you have to wonder what was going on. Someone didn't do their job (properly) pure and simple.  I wouldn't necessarily go along with a lack of the right people running operations - that's a bit of a sweeping statement.  The ****** up on the stand is much more complicated than doing the core business of running a football club ie registering players correctly. That's bread & butter stuff. 

MacDonald Jardine
2 minutes ago, Wilson said:

What costly mistakes?

I suspect he means like not ordering seats for a stand, or not confirming the registration of a player which may well lead to a fine at least.

The least I expected from the AB regime was we'd conduct business professionally. 

If anything We're more amateurish than I can remember. 

And that takes some doing. 

Bazzas right boot

Do the players not check if they are registered either for the coming season?

Do they just assume it is all in order?

Like , many  have said I can see a few folk being at blame here either by action or as Ann as alluded to in her statement the process not being as tight as it could be.

"While stringent processes are already in place to try to prevent something of this nature occurring, clearly mistakes can happen.  An additional step in our internal procedures will be implemented immediately to try to ensure this cannot happen again."

If we get chucked out the cup then I think all staff members and Irving should be sacrificed to the footballing gods.

Folk get sacked for gross misconduct, which is usually repeated issues either indicating incompetence or just not improving over time ( i.e attendance/ sales results) or doing something conscious- bullying, vandalism, theft. The other thing is ofc that if it breaches law or a code of practice ( law, medical... cough, cough political etc)

Very rarely does someone get sacked for their first mistake, however big  it is, if doesn't fit in with the above. Sacking someone for not submitting documentation, if their first offence would be harsh and imo hard to justify.

An admin error is unlikely to be sackable on it's own.

It also doesn't help anything, unless the person involved is sacked, works for Celtic, does the same thing for a whole season fixture list and we just happen to be second:laugh:

luckyBatistuta
10 minutes ago, MacDonald Jardine said:

If somebody had the responsibility to register the player and didn't, it's a sacking offence. 

If the club relied on an employee who it turned out failed, they can't be held entirely responsible for that.

I’d like to think if it’s a first mistake (we all make them) then a severe warning would suffice. I wouldn’t want you as my boss MJ :( 

13 minutes ago, MacDonald Jardine said:

Of course not.

Could I understand if she was? Absolutely.  (I might not express that though.)

1 hour ago, MacDonald Jardine said:

Nobody's saying we cheated, just that the rules have to be adhered to.

I wouldn't advocate we get hammered for this.

I would empty whoever caused it though.

You did ;)

MacDonald Jardine
2 minutes ago, luckyBatistuta said:

I’d like to think if it’s a first mistake (we all make them) then a severe warning would suffice. I wouldn’t want you as my boss MJ :( 

You did ;)

Did what?

Do The Dance

If they kick us out after we play tomorrow, it would be absolutely ridiculous. So I really don’t think that will happen.

Imagine the scenario that we play tomorrow and one of our best players picks up a bad injury, only for us to be kicked out of the competition..

I suspect a fine.

30 minutes ago, MacDonald Jardine said:

Yes they can, that's how businesses are structured. What do you suggest the reason for sacking is incidentally, facing an industrial tribunal against the backdrop of the national press what rationale would you be defending as a reason for the dismissal? 

sairyinthat
1 hour ago, ri Alban said:

We should top the group whether we are deducted points or not. No problem. 

We all make mistakes. 

We have the three points and come Monday should still have them nor should we have any type of fine, order a replay of the game that is more than enough punishment

and soothes any hurt feelings

MacDonald Jardine
2 minutes ago, Jodami said:

Yes they can, that's how businesses are structured. What do you suggest the reason for sacking is incidentally, facing an industrial tribunal against the backdrop of the national press what rationale would you be defending as a reason for the dismissal? 

Gross negligence. 

18 minutes ago, Do The Dance said:

If they kick us out after we play tomorrow, it would be absolutely ridiculous. So I really don’t think that will happen.

Imagine the scenario that we play tomorrow and one of our best players picks up a bad injury, only for us to be kicked out of the competition..

I suspect a fine.

I am with you, clubs have been fined before , no way we with thrown out over this

7 minutes ago, MacDonald Jardine said:

Gross negligence. 

Gross negligence does not even exist in Scottish law but let's settle on negligence. To sack someone on unintentional negligence would be difficult to defend if they have a record of good conduct at work and it would cause us considerable reputational damage. If the club didn't have written procedures in place detailing the activities and review and sign off on registration then it would be automatically overturned for a start. Surely you can see that is an own goal all round MJ. 

Pasquale for King
1 hour ago, Rudy T said:

The guy who forgot to order the seats...has moved on.

I know that, I wasn’t talking about him. Not sure if that cost money considering the crowds we got for the sheep & Huns games.

Pasquale for King
1 hour ago, NANOJAMBO said:

I didn’t say the person didn’t deserve the sack, I just said others have cost us money and not been sanctioned in that manner.

1 hour ago, Pasquale for King said:

Yes, the club have another architect to continue the works in and alter some aspects of the main stand.

Pasquale for King
2 minutes ago, SUTOL said:

Yes, the club have another architect to continue the works in and alter some aspects of the main stand.

I was also hinting at the fact that Queen Anne is still not sure what all the space will be used for, it’s cost us money so a lawyer could point to that in a court case about being sacked for that reason. Depending  on our punishment I think the person responsible should be given a warning of some sort. Glad the architect has changed, now we need an interior designer to do some work over the next few years.

Pasquale for King
7 minutes ago, SUTOL said:

I’ve replied to that up there ^^^^.

12 hours ago, Hagar the Horrible said:

The fans of all other clubs in my work believe this is deliberate so as to get out of this tournament without fielding a weak side, and throwing it?   It would be a bit to creative for us to do this, it was an admin error no more no less, but do expect the worst punishment.  Saying that a small fine would be unfair to Cove, we DID gain a sporting advantage,  just give is fair punishment, take our medicine and move on!

Why would we want to get thrown out of the cup?

Is society generally full of mentalists these days?

Utter utter gash to suggest anyone should be sacked over this. Feck me these things happen, it’s totally nuts to think everyone is immune from it happening to them. A genuine innocent error should never be reason to ruin someone, I’m sure they feel bad enough. 

What it simply highlights is how draconian the punishment is for what is nothing more than a clerical error. I’ve yet to hear ever that this type of error has any bearing on the game. Compare this to blatant diving etc which has a potential direct impact on a match result and yet you can airbrush a whole result on the back of a technicality. 

colinmaroon
10 hours ago, Taffin said:

We've been over this. I was the only one who used it and held my hands up and explained why I had used it. Not like you to cling onto a little nuggest and bore people to death ad finitum...

Having not seen you holding your hands up and responding to the point made by Morgan, if that's ad infinitum then that just proves that your lack of command of the English language pales compared to your lack of an understanding of the term ad infinitum.

Don't be such a wally!

4 minutes ago, colinmaroon said:

Having not seen you holding your hands up and responding to the point made by Morgan, if that's ad infinitum then that just proves that your lack of command of the English language pales compared to your lack of an understanding of the term ad infinitum.

Don't be such a wally!

That's unpossible sadly. It comes naturally.

1 hour ago, Pasquale for King said:

I was also hinting at the fact that Queen Anne is still not sure what all the space will be used for, it’s cost us money so a lawyer could point to that in a court case about being sacked for that reason. Depending  on our punishment I think the person responsible should be given a warning of some sort. Glad the architect has changed, now we need an interior designer to do some work over the next few years.

:wtfvlad:

Are you thinking/saying that the person who made the mistake with the player registration is somehow responsible for the selcion of the architect and their 'rush job' to submit plans for a new stand? 

It should have been ten
5 hours ago, eyesandears said:

:laugh: .....they did ask me to take over but I would'nt give up my job as chief masseur at the Playboy Mansions

:laugh: ??

3 hours ago, MacDonald Jardine said:

I suspect he means like not ordering seats for a stand, or not confirming the registration of a player which may well lead to a fine at least.

The least I expected from the AB regime was we'd conduct business professionally. 

As usual AB will take responsibility for this. However, she has said that managing a football club/business is not her field of expertise. You could argue that her mistake was in appointing someone to oversee the football side (DoF) was where she went wrong, if he missed this issue...

3 hours ago, MacDonald Jardine said:

More amateurish ? Really. Your memory is short, or you are 10 years old .

Edited by Wilson
typo

Pasquale for King
1 hour ago, SUTOL said:

:wtfvlad:

Are you thinking/saying that the person who made the mistake with the player registration is somehow responsible for the selcion of the architect and their 'rush job' to submit plans for a new stand? 

How the **** do you get that from what I said?

I will try and make it clear, if this person who made the mistake about the registration is sacked for costing the club money (someone else said that), they will then have a case for unfair dismissal as there have been other costly mistakes that haven’t been a sacking offence.

The waste of millions of pounds on 80 players most of which was on absolute dross and the utter shambles of many aspects of the new stand being two such instances. 

The guy that forget to order the seats left the club, not sacked. I doubt if the architect was sacked either, it would’ve been reported, he was probably just replaced.

Was it a rush job? We had a long time to chose what we wanted to do, Ann has changed her mind a few times on certain things.

Hope that clears up what I was trying to say.

Edited by Pasquale for King

Geoff Kilpatrick
21 minutes ago, Pasquale for King said:

I will try and make it clear, if this person who made the mistake about the registration is sacked for costing the club money (someone else said that), they will then have a case for unfair dismissal as there have been other costly mistakes that haven’t been a sacking offence.

The waste of millions of pounds on 80 players most of which was on absolute dross and the utter shambles of many aspects of the new stand being two such instances. 

The guy that forget to order the seats left the club, not sacked. I doubt if the architect was sacked either, it would’ve been reported, he was probably just replaced.

Was it a rush job? We had a long time to chose what we wanted to do, Ann has changed her mind a few times on certain things.

A whataboutery argument won't support incompetence in your own role.

Nookie Bear
6 hours ago, Pasquale for King said:

That’s not a defence at all as it’s whataboutery. 

However, if they can point out another member of staff made an identical mistake and kept their job, then that’s different. 

The Real Maroonblood
10 hours ago, MacDonald Jardine said:

Gross negligence. 

Gross negligence!

Did someone die?