Kids home strip

dazza1234

Guys, cant make it to clubstore today & want to get wee man his first strip so was going to order online. He is 4.5yrs & wanted to know opinions what size to get him only options online are 4-5yrs & 6-7yrs but heard strips are small so was going to go for bigger size???

I’ve not ordered my lad one yet but last term it was necessary to go higher and from what I’ve heard it’s same this term. 

It it could be wrong as the ages and sizes from Umbro seem to be all over the shop. So don’t hold me to it but that’s my advice ??

Phil Dunphy

My experience is always go one size up. Better it being too big and he grows into it rather than him outgrowing it before the season ends.

32 minutes ago, dazza1234 said:

Guys, cant make it to clubstore today & want to get wee man his first strip so was going to order online. He is 4.5yrs & wanted to know opinions what size to get him only options online are 4-5yrs & 6-7yrs but heard strips are small so was going to go for bigger size???

First hearts strip at nearly 5! What else has he been wearing!?! :cornette_dog:::troll::

5 minutes ago, goldie83 said:

First hearts strip at nearly 5! What else has he been wearing!?! :cornette_dog:::troll::

He has just really started taking an interest so this is his first proper strip he has had plenty other things just not strip..:pleased:

I bought my 16 month grandson 2-3 years and thinking I should have gone next size up but I renew his strip every season so it’ll do him

2 hours ago, dazza1234 said:

He has just really started taking an interest so this is his first proper strip he has had plenty other things just not strip..:pleased:

Was just pulling your leg bud. Hope he loves it! HHGH

Rudi Hates Hibees

I’d go up a size. My lad is just turned 5 and the 6-7 years is a good fit on him. 

Slighyly off off topic but I really hope Hearts do the away strip in the kids sizes this season. Anyone ITK on this? 

My boy is also 4.5 (and big for his age) and the 4-5 is a good fit for him, 6-7 would definitely have been too big for him 

3 hours ago, Rudi Hates Hibees said:

I’d go up a size. My lad is just turned 5 and the 6-7 years is a good fit on him. 

Slighyly off off topic but I really hope Hearts do the away strip in the kids sizes this season. Anyone ITK on this? 

I emailed the shop a few months ago and was told it would only be the home kit and 3rd kit available. The range of kids stuff is pretty poor, sure there’s plenty more mugs like me who’d be happy to throw their money at it.

Rudi Hates Hibees
6 minutes ago, hmfcdaz01 said:

I emailed the shop a few months ago and was told it would only be the home kit and 3rd kit available. The range of kids stuff is pretty poor, sure there’s plenty more mugs like me who’d be happy to throw their money at it.

That’s disappointing.

Agreed, the kids range is very poor. There’s no training gear or even non Umbro gear for kids under 7. It’s something I was hoping would improve after the shop was brought back in house. 

Phil Dunphy

I imagine there'll be a reason behind this, I can't see the club just thinking they don't want to offer these sizes.

been here before
9 minutes ago, Phil Dunphy said:

I imagine there'll be a reason behind this, I can't see the club just thinking they don't want to offer these sizes.

Aye?

No shit eh?

A reason you say, must be ITK.

Phil Dunphy
Just now, been here before said:

Aye?

No shit eh?

A reason you say, must be ITK.

Do you think it's completely out of character if certain Hearts supporters just decided to start putting their boot into the club over something like this without thinking there might actually be a reason behind it?

been here before

Obviously theres a reason, it goes without saying.

But aye its some scoop pointing it out.

:lol:

Cant see anyone "putting the boot into the club over simething like this" though.

Rudi Hates Hibees
5 minutes ago, Phil Dunphy said:

Do you think it's completely out of character if certain Hearts supporters just decided to start putting their boot into the club over something like this without thinking there might actually be a reason behind it?

Not sure anyone’s putting their boot into the club over it. 

Clearly theres a reason for it and that’s fine. It’s still a bit disappointing though. 

been here before

Meant to add that my boy is 7, probably average size and he's just got a YM size. Next size up was down to his knees.

Theres probably a reason for that.

Edited by been here before

Phil Dunphy
Just now, Rudi Hates Hibees said:

Not sure anyone’s putting their boot into the club over it. 

Clearly theres a reason for it and that’s fine. It’s still a bit disappointing though. 

I've no doubt it'll be frustrating for parents of kids that age, of course.

been here before
4 minutes ago, Phil Dunphy said:

I've no doubt it'll be frustrating for parents of kids that age, of course.

Nope.

And Ill resist putting the boot into the club over it.

Edited by been here before

fabienleclerq

Just bought the wee mans, kits look pretty spot on size wise tbh. He's still small for 4 year old and the 2/3 fits him.

I don’t see why the away strip isn’t offered in kids sizes. If the other strips are then it can’t be a cost thing. And the strips sell for a huge margin above the cost of making them. It’s a shame, I don’t know of other clubs willing to sell to a 50 year old in XXXL but not a 2 year old!

Okay I’m being a wee bit cynical - before anyone schools me on the price of cotton ?

been here before
3 hours ago, fabienleclerq said:

Just bought the wee mans, kits look pretty spot on size wise tbh. He's still small for 4 year old and the 2/3 fits him.

Aye?

I took my normal sized, very nearly 3 year old in yesterday. 

2-3 was too wee 4-5 was bigger but didnt leave much room to stretch into. 6-7 was way too big.

A 5-6 would have been perfect but they dont make them that size.

No doubt theres a reason for this.

I left without the wee radge getting a strip and the club missing out on 50 sheets.

Im thinking of putting the boot into the club over this.

Strange that we sell the 3rd kit but not the away kit. Surely wouldn’t cost that much to sell a limited amount to see what interest is like.

Was in the shop the other day and have to say that the range is slowly improving, maybe another year and the benefits of bringing it in house will show.