wanderer

Hackney Hearts
1 hour ago, By the light said:

with an arm pump Paddy chump, Fenlon is alone

- All the Hibees f*cked off home

tweaked

Edited by Hackney Hearts

1 hour ago, 3fingersreid said:

Looks like Jon McG will be there keeper next season . Should be a safe signing . 

Jack Ross reminds me of someone playing Football Manager.

Signing all the guys he knows, not too much imagination.

Could go ok, could backfire massively. Will have to wait and see

The Old Tolbooth

Hardly a step down when Sunderland are a much bigger club than Hibs could ever dream of, however in terms of the 3rd tier in English football, it's a step down in quality, but if they get back up quickly (hardly likely if he's signing the likes or Reilly and Ozturk) then he's at a platform where he'll get noticed quickly if he cuts it down there, which I think he will. 

Tommy Brown

Mentioned all these names on a post in the Gavin Reilly thread.

Forgot about Strachan's failure at Middlebrogh, too.

Nicholl, Burns, Levein, Nelson & Strachan.

All taking players from the SPL end masse and failing miserably.

Enzo Chiefo
6 hours ago, Gulf Jambo said:

Jack Ross reminds me of someone playing Football Manager.

Signing all the guys he knows, not too much imagination.

Could go ok, could backfire massively. Will have to wait and see

Doesn't seem to have learned from similar mistakes made by Scottish managers in the past, when moving to England.  Strachan, Levein, Neilson, Jefferies...all signed players they knew but who, probably, werent up to the standard required. Good article with Robbie in the Times today where he says that, in retrospect, he should have signed players that knew what League 1 was all about rather than guys he had worked with before. 

Enzo Chiefo
5 minutes ago, Tommy Brown said:

Mentioned all these names on a post in the Gavin Reilly thread.

Forgot about Strachan's failure at Middlebrogh, too.

Nicholl, Burns, Levein, Nelson & Strachan.

All taking players from the SPL end masse and failing miserably.

Didnt see your post when i posted. Couldnt agree more. 

Tommy Brown
4 minutes ago, Enzo Chiefo said:

Didnt see your post when i posted. Couldnt agree more. 

Forgot about Jefferies stint at Bradford.

Did he take many?  Can only think of Locke at the moment.

Shaggy? Can't think his name, Stevie, right back, really good the got bad knee injury, coach during mad Vlad spell.

Holy ****, my memory for names and he probably wasn't even at Bradford.

:facepalm:

Anyway, big Jeff was told he had no budget, so, I excuse him :lol:

1 minute ago, Tommy Brown said:

Shaggy? Can't think his name, Stevie, right back, really good the got bad knee injury, coach during mad Vlad spell.

You obviously have a Frail memory.

Unknown user
7 minutes ago, Tommy Brown said:

Kisnorbo and Joe Hamill too if memory serves me right

Unknown user
9 minutes ago, Tommy Brown said:

That was Levein at Leicester wasn't it?

Tommy Brown
1 minute ago, Smithee said:

Kisnorbo and Joe Hamill too if memory serves me right

Went to Leicester, c'mon Smithee

Edit:

Damn your notification came up as I was pressing submit

Edited by Tommy Brown

i wish jj was my dad
1 minute ago, Tommy Brown said:

Aye, but was he at Bradford :lol:

Think Shaggy went to Tranmere. 

When Mr Jim was at Bradford he had to replace guys on 40k a week for less than 5k a week so he was on a hiding to nothing but IIRC he signed Lockie, Juanjo and Lee Makel. None of them were going to keep them up or get promoted the next season.

Unknown user
3 minutes ago, Tommy Brown said:

Went to Leicester, c'mon Smithee

Edit:

Damn your notification came up as I was pressing submit

Not my finest hour to be fair

Harry Potter
On 6/22/2018 at 18:29, wigwam123 said:

Reports in the EEN says McGeough has held positive talks with Sunderland. Now I know they are a big club but recently relegated to League 1. Is that a good move for him? Though the Championship would have been an option. Maybe he isn't as good as the Hibees think...

Hope he goes be glad to see the back of him, i think he is better than big bottom and trys harder.

Is it a good move dont know and dont care.

Nucky Thompson

Sunerland are at least 10 steps above Hibs :laugh:

Could get 50k crowds if doing well

By the light
2 hours ago, i wish jj was my dad said:

Think Shaggy went to Tranmere. 

When Mr Jim was at Bradford he had to replace guys on 40k a week for less than 5k a week so he was on a hiding to nothing but IIRC he signed Lockie, Juanjo and Lee Makel. None of them were going to keep them up or get promoted the next season.

He also had to deal with arseholes like Collymore. As you say, a hiding to nothing

Ministry MK2

McGeogh should do pretty well at that level. Get paid more money. Probably a good move all round for him.

2 hours ago, Nucky Thompson said:

Aye but that is a long way off if signing Scottish Championship players. McGeoch being the exception.

They have went from Jason De Foe to Gavin Reilly in two years.

Their fans must be wondering what's hit them.

Edited by luckydug

On 6/22/2018 at 20:15, sairyinthat said:

that the start of Exodus?

Apparently McGinn has his sights set on a move to Celtic and isn't happy at the fee Hibs were wanting for him to move to them.  Celtic won't meet Hibs current demands, so will look to sign him in the January window on a pre-contract agreement, McGinn will sit tight at Hibs and walk for nothing when his contract expires at the end of this season, unless Hibs agree a fee in January to allow him to move  to Celtic at that time, but they won't be getting anything like the value they currently put on McGinn, and 30% of any transfer fee will go to St Mirren.

I could still see McGinn  moving to Celtic in this window if Hibs realise they will lose out financially by holding onto him, so might be prepared to take the best that Celtic are prepared to offer now, rather than risk losing him for nothing in a year's time.

25 minutes ago, RobNox said:

Apparently McGinn has his sights set on a move to Celtic and isn't happy at the fee Hibs were wanting for him to move to them.  Celtic won't meet Hibs current demands, so will look to sign him in the January window on a pre-contract agreement, McGinn will sit tight at Hibs and walk for nothing when his contract expires at the end of this season, unless Hibs agree a fee in January to allow him to move  to Celtic at that time, but they won't be getting anything like the value they currently put on McGinn, and 30% of any transfer fee will go to St Mirren.

I could still see McGinn  moving to Celtic in this window if Hibs realise they will lose out financially by holding onto him, so might be prepared to take the best that Celtic are prepared to offer now, rather than risk losing him for nothing in a year's time.

Sounds like a family squabble ☺

League One is a fairly shite standard of football. I watch loads of Championship stuff and even that is 70% garbage. 

£5k a week at Sunderland? Id be getting myself a new agent if thats all he's being offered. Thats an abysmal offer from a shite club. 

Edited by The Brow

4 hours ago, Nucky Thompson said:

Need to build a bigger ground first?

8 minutes ago, XB52 said:

Need to build a bigger ground first?

Capacity 49k.

Huge club for League One.

Away support will fill stadiums all over.

1 minute ago, luckydug said:

Capacity 49k.

Huge club for League One.

Away support will fill stadiums all over.

I agree, just having a wee laugh

1 hour ago, RobNox said:

Can see Hibs getting £1.5m and Scott Allan this window. 

6 minutes ago, Jambo Ell said:

Can see Hibs getting £1.5m and Scott Allan this window. 

I heard they want Christie as well. 

On 22/06/2018 at 19:31, Bongo 1874 said:

Enjoy Dylan 

This is hibs all over! ' they taught the Brazilian national side, all they know! They taught the Brazilian national side, all they know, they taught the Brazilian national side, all they know; Hibernian are a massive club ATF! 

4 minutes ago, JackLadd said:

Not a bad deal tbf if they get that for a player with less than 12 months on his contract!

stranraer-jambo
1 hour ago, RobNox said:

This is the problem clubs have when a valued player heads into a new season in the final year of their contract, unwilling to sign an extension.

As we well know with J Walker and C Patterson. 

8 hours ago, RobNox said:

You'd think Hibs would accommodate their big cousins with all the hand outs they've given them over recent seasons,  no doubt if they want Allan on a permanent deal they will have to bend over and take it like they normally do 

2 hours ago, kimosavi said:

You'd think Hibs would accommodate their big cousins with all the hand outs they've given them over recent seasons,  no doubt if they want Allan on a permanent deal they will have to bend over and take it like they normally do 

Some of the figures banded about for McGinn are laughable and sevco-esque.  They would surely be doing well to get 1m plus Allan.

10 hours ago, JackLadd said:

No chance they will get cash+Allan+Christie I heard Brenda wants him back anyway. 

20 hours ago, WageThief said:

Some of the figures banded about for McGinn are laughable and sevco-esque.  They would surely be doing well to get 1m plus Allan.

Year left on his contract but according to Hibs fans Celtic or derby willing to stump 3 million up never happening they'll go with undisclosed fee to keep the mutants happy