McGeough to Sunderland

wanderer

Reports in the EEN says McGeough has held positive talks with Sunderland. Now I know they are a big club but recently relegated to League 1. Is that a good move for him? Though the Championship would have been an option. Maybe he isn't as good as the Hibees think...

He's a good Scottish premiership player so league 1 is maybe a step down but Sunderland will be looking to get back up and offer a decent wage. I would take him here. 

3 minutes ago, iantjambo said:

Think he’s undervalued himself a little if he goes there. 

And if Sunderland go up !!! well least he wont be at the wee team  

3 minutes ago, jambo1961 said:

And if Sunderland go up !!! well least he wont be at the wee team  

He is at the wee team...There's only one team in the North East...Toon Toon Toon Army...!!!

7 minutes ago, wigwam123 said:

He is at the wee team...There's only one team in the North East...Toon Toon Toon Army...!!!

Sunderland are a massive football club

Cracking video of that by Newcastle fans, canny find it sadly 

FAF 

Never like mc :boak: don't give a flying feck whether or not it's a good move. However if it means the shite are weaker as a result then all the better for us. 

Famous 1874

Step down quality wise but he was obviously after more money which he will get. Also weakens Hibs which is fine by me. 

Bazzas right boot

Step down, but they'll be trying to build a team that can hold its own and be added to for the championship. 

Think rangers when they were a lower league team or even us and the hibs team he joined. 

Like most it looks like he's just desperate to play anywhere else, can't really blame him.

Carl Fredrickson

The Sunderland Message Board had a thread on this yesterday. They said he was offered £5k per week which will go upto £15k if they get promoted! 

If Jack Ross sings a decent squad they will be in with a chance. A good opportunity for McGeogh. I am surprised Sunderland didnt move for McLaughlin too as they need a decent keeper. 

41 minutes ago, wigwam123 said:

Correct :sweeet:

36 minutes ago, wigwam123 said:

Well said Wigwam! 

FTM! 

Sunderland are a massive club with a huge support.I hope Jack Ross realises he has to get them promoted.Tons of pressure.Its easy to underestimate teams in league 1.If he fails he will get slaughtered for bad signings.

andsoitbegins

Not a bad move for him really. People will watch the progress of someone at a club the size of Sunderland.

They're still the Hibs of the North East though.

"They've got adults for a fiver, kids for free"...seems like there are plenty of similarities between both wee clubs...only thing is, the Hibs adults are using kids tickets up here. The Hobo's love short changing their club...wonder how Charlie Reid's funding drive is going...

...a bit disco
1 hour ago, wigwam123 said:

Indeed. Murphy's Mob is the only team down there.

Well, maybe apart from Gateshead!

3fingersreid
32 minutes ago, Bongo 1874 said:

Enjoy Dylan 

That's quality ???

Im sure we can adapt that to suit us , "free hibs season ticket in a happy meal "

Captain Canada

I know managers like to sign players they know but if you look at Neilson and others as examples, it rarely works taking a bunch of SPFL players into league one or the championship. 

3fingersreid
4 minutes ago, StanLaurel said:

I know managers like to sign players they know but if you look at Neilson and others as examples, it rarely works taking a bunch of SPFL players into league one or the championship. 

Happened to Jimmy Nichol when he went to Millwall from Raith rovers 

1 hour ago, James1874f said:

Who cares if it’s a good move for him if it weakens H1b5 it’s good for us don’t care who he goes too

This.

Next? Banjo chops?

Aye, grand.

The Internet

The way this place goes on about him I'm astonished he wasn't considered as an Iniesta replacement. 

If Sunderland have a chance of going back up the fans will pour back. So playing in front of 30 000 + fanatical fans and probably pocketing £15 k a week. Does he have a choice.

Stephen Muddie
12 hours ago, James1874f said:

Who cares if it’s a good move for him if it weakens H1b5 it’s good for us don’t care who he goes too

:greatpost:

Punks No Deid
11 hours ago, 3fingersreid said:

That's quality ???

Im sure we can adapt that to suit us , "free hibs season ticket in a happy meal "

I’m in - class

13 hours ago, StanLaurel said:

Had the same thought, ditto Levein at Leicester. League 1 has a lot of athletic players, skinny scottish boys not necessarily the answer.  There is a need for hod carriers in that division.

He'll be a big miss down at the San Giro. I always thought that he was a far better player than fat arse McGinn.

By the light

Stealing from that video:

5-1 up,

Won the cup,

Rudi Skacel wrapped it up,

with a nik nak paddy whack, give the dog a bone,

All the Hibees f*cked off home

Saint Jambo
13 hours ago, 3fingersreid said:

Happened to Jimmy Nichol when he went to Millwall from Raith rovers 

This was the example that immediately sprang to my mind. If results go wrong early on, I could easily see Ross and his players brought in from Scotland being the focus of fans ire. That is a risk for these players because if Ross gets sacked after 6monts (and in England that must be a 50/50 chance) then they could find themselves out in the cold held responsible for the teams failings.

By the light
7 minutes ago, Deevers said:

He'll be a big miss down at the San Giro. I always thought that he was a far better player than fat arse McGinn.

Makes them tick and lets fat arse run about 

Tynecastlesmychurch
15 hours ago, Herbert said:

He's a good Scottish premiership player so league 1 is maybe a step down but Sunderland will be looking to get back up and offer a decent wage. I would take him here. 

This.

3fingersreid
11 minutes ago, Saint Jambo said:

This was the example that immediately sprang to my mind. If results go wrong early on, I could easily see Ross and his players brought in from Scotland being the focus of fans ire. That is a risk for these players because if Ross gets sacked after 6monts (and in England that must be a 50/50 chance) then they could find themselves out in the cold held responsible for the teams failings.

Looks like Jon McG will be there keeper next season . Should be a safe signing . 

34 minutes ago, By the light said:

5-1 up,

Won the cup,

My god ! That's almost Dylan-esque !

David McCaig

So, in summary Hibs best player leaves for no transfer fee... Sounds like a very good move to me ?

By the light
23 minutes ago, whodanny said:

My god ! That's almost Dylan-esque !

Couple of record companies been on the phone already 

7 minutes ago, By the light said:

Couple of record companies been on the phone already 

If you need a guitarist for your backing band I'm yer man. !!

3fingersreid
1 hour ago, By the light said:

5-1 up,

Won the cup,

That's another to add ??????