Peter Haring - Centre Half : signs for Hearts ( updated )

Section Q

• Replies 198
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Cruyff Turn

• rudi must stay

• JamboAl

• johnthomas

Selkirkhmfc1874

Was reported he had agreed terms and passed medical so wonder why this one not been officially announced yet ?

10 minutes ago, Selkirkhmfc1874 said:

Was reported he had agreed terms and passed medical so wonder why this one not been officially announced yet ?

Unless somebody got Austrian and Australian mixed up? 

20180620_184829.thumb.png.7c9bad11745529d62131c724a00ee2b9.png

Tommy Brown
On 6/19/2018 at 03:03, JohnB said:

Looks like it. Peter Haring's disciplinary record suggests he's a dirty"count". 

Deserves an applause :clap:

will-i-am-a-jambo

Welcome aboard to the famous Peter!

Feed the Hare and he will score! I'll fetch ma coat..........

15 minutes ago, Tasavallan said:

Does he come from a land down under?

He was seen buying bread from a man in Brussels.

Cruyff Turn
17 minutes ago, Tasavallan said:

Does he come from a land down under?

Unless he's a direct descendant of Josef Fritzl.....then no. 

::troll::

11 minutes ago, AndyNic said:

Aye. Let's put another shrimp on the barby!

legte eine weitere Garnele auf die Barbie

Jamboscanbevicius

Welcome aboard. Difficult to tell much from his CV but hopefully here to push for a start. Souttar is not flawless.

welcome to hearts :thumbsup: 

at least we will have a squad with options this season, something that was badly missing last season

10 minutes ago, Dinger said:

welcome to hearts :thumbsup: 

at least we will have a squad with options this season, something that was badly missing last season

It's obviously stating the obvious, but it's the one thing that has really excited me about this summer's recruitment.

We will actually have options from the bench instead of depending on 16 year old laddies for inspiration.

I might be well off the mark here but I have a feeling we are still to sign a few first team starters, like a LB, a winger and maybe the Czech striker.

Oh, and welcome to the famous, Peter :)

Edited by DG_HMFC

TheAntiHibee
Just now, geomac said:

More Sound of Music than Land Down Under?

Aye, land down under and that ken.

8 minutes ago, TheAntiHibee said:

Aye, land down under and that ken.

Ja hills are alive, Fritz like barbie

pommes frites in a tiny bucket - sophistication - the Messi of potato based snacks, wedges or chips - inadvertently using golf terms now...

Clerry Jambo

Hearts boss expects Peter Haring to prosper in defence

Barry Anderson
4-5 minutes

943331190?-347:821
New Hearts signing Peter Haring. Pic: Heart of Midlothian

New Hearts signing Peter Haring. Pic: Heart of Midlothian

Published: 06:30 Friday 22 June 2018

Craig Levein expects Hearts’ latest signing Peter Haring to grasp his opportunity in Scotland after signing a two-year contract.

The 25-year-old Austrian became the tenth summer recruit at Tynecastle Park yesterday, and manager Levein is excited by his arrival.

The centre-back invoked a release clause in his contract to leave the Austrian second division club SV Ried after they failed to win promotion last season. Hearts moved quickly to add him to their increasing list of new signings.

Haring joins goalkeeper Zdenek Zlamal, left-back Ben Garuccio, midfielders Olly Lee, Ryan Edwards, Oliver Bozanic and Bobby Burns, winger Jake Mulraney plus forwards Uche Ikpeazu and Steven MacLean as new faces at Riccarton.

“Peter has a lot to offer us and I think he is a hungry, ambitious young boy. He is excited about being here and he will play that way,” Levein told the Evening News today.

“He’s a fairly young player who started off at a big club in Rapid Vienna. He ended up at Ried, who are normally in the top flight in Austria.

“Peter is a good passer of the ball and is composed but he is decent in the air as well. He attacks the ball well and that’s why he can be a threat to the opposition at set-pieces. He is a good age and there are a lot of things about him that I like.”

Hearts now have four central defenders for the new campaign. Haring will compete with captain Christophe Berra, John Souttar and Aaron Hughes for first-team places.

Levein intends to switch from a three-man defence to a back four at times during the season ahead.

“It will depend on circumstances. Sometimes we will play a three, I’m sure, but maybe other times we will play a four,” he said.

• 4 months later...
Bridge of Djoum
Just now, Glib and Shameless Crier said:

Come on then. What’s the story?

Oh nothing. I was just reading old threads. I wondered if some of the less than complimentary post/posters had differing thoughts now, you know, once we've ACTUALLY seen him play and given him a chance.

6 minutes ago, Bridge of Djoum said:

Oh nothing. I was just reading old threads. I wondered if some of the less than complimentary post/posters had differing thoughts now, you know, once we've ACTUALLY seen him play and given him a chance.

Ah! Gotcha. As you were... ?

24 minutes ago, Bridge of Djoum said:

I think everyone was expecting him to be a centre half cover for Souttar and Berra then he never plays there and gives us something completely different!

1 minute ago, frankblack said:

I think everyone was expecting him to be a centre half cover for Souttar and Berra then he never plays there and gives us something completely different!

It was funny to read the article and see our defensive options as Berra, Souttar, Hughes and Haring. Fast forward a few months and we're going with Dunne and Dikamona every week!

When you see that, we've played an absolute blinder signings wise recently. 

Bridge of Djoum
3 minutes ago, frankblack said:

Yeah I think so. I note the comments by CL that he was signed primarily as a CH, but he knew Haring had played CM before. A few on here argued he ''fell into'' or ended up there through nothing but luck and injuries, where the fact seems to be CL knew he could at least do a job there.

EastSideJambo

The lengths that some will go to try and start an argument are astounding 

Haring has been excellent. Perhaps the find of the season so far. I have a good feeling about Vanecek too 

Hopefully we are looking at Haring with a view to extending his contract. Similarly we may seek to look at the duration of Vanecek pretty quickly upon his arrival 

1 hour ago, EastSideJambo said:

Haring has been excellent. Perhaps the find of the season so far. I have a good feeling about Vanecek too 

Hopefully we are looking at Haring with a view to extending his contract. Similarly we may seek to look at the duration of Vanecek pretty quickly upon his arrival 

Settle doon there, Pep... I’m sure Mr Levein is on it. :thumbsup:

EastSideJambo
10 minutes ago, Glib and Shameless Crier said:

Settle doon there, Pep... I’m sure Mr Levein is on it. :thumbsup:

Pep? If that's an inference that I'm some kind of self proclaimed expert you couldn't be more wrong. I can see that you're an authority on threads various though. Holding court frequently on particular matters  

Just good practice to get your best players on good contracts to preserve and enhance maximum value. You might have noted commentary around our A/A's analysis that we haven't really realised much upside in transfer revenues in recent years 

14 minutes ago, EastSideJambo said:

Pep? If that's an inference that I'm some kind of self proclaimed expert you couldn't be more wrong. I can see that you're an authority on threads various though. Holding court frequently on particular matters  

Calm down Spencer. 

1 hour ago, EastSideJambo said:

That's really quite ok. It's called differing opinion. Probably no need to get offended