Peter Haring - Centre Half : signs for Hearts ( updated )

Section Q

2 hours ago, Cruyff Turn said:

And David Witteveen couldn't lace Clums boots :rofl:

Not sure if David Witteveen could lace his own boots.

• Replies 198
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Cruyff Turn

• rudi must stay

• JamboAl

• Beast Boy

sairyinthat
2 hours ago, King prawn said:

15 yellow cards last season in 32 appearances :lol:

then it's lucky he has chosen our league with it's lenient referees,at least to Hearts players then.

Cruyff Turn
55 minutes ago, Jambof3tornado said:

Regarding the step up its all about the player rather than the league they come from for me. Sometimes a lower league player has nothing to lose so maybe has less pressure stepping up. 

Of course it's about the player, players are only human at the end of the day, it's attitude and application which separates some from others. I hope he proves to be a good signing and can make the step up, but tbh, I was hoping for a someone from a much better level. I think that 3 at the back is the way forward and we needed a top drawer Centerback, of course this might be a cover signing who can improve over time, he might be good. It's

He seems quite aggressive anyway and recently we've had Avlonitis from Sturm Graz and Novak who've been a bit too soft to play in this league.

2 minutes ago, Pans Jambo said:

Hes pish. 

(Decided this solely on reading this thread). 

That's why Levein is signing him. He there to make the other signings look good.

Clerry Jambo

For a man that’s needs to improve the team big time to challenge top 4, he’s certainly banking on a lot of gambles. Personally would have liked to have seen players with a bit more depth in their CV, however hopefully levein can ram these thoughts back down my throat!!

Selkirkhmfc1874
13 minutes ago, Clerry Jambo said:

For a man that’s needs to improve the team big time to challenge top 4, he’s certainly banking on a lot of gambles. Personally would have liked to have seen players with a bit more depth in their CV, however hopefully levein can ram these thoughts back down my throat!!

This kind of signing to strengthen squad in my opinion rather than first 11 type signing 

ford donald
16 minutes ago, Clerry Jambo said:

Hearts are hoping Peter Haring will be in Scotland within 24 hours as they consider signing the central defender from Austrian second-tier club Ried.

The 25-year-old had the worst disciplinary record in the Austrian Football Second League last season, picking up 15 yellow cards

15 minutes ago, Clerry Jambo said:

Certainly is mate. Suspect there will be a few leaping to his defence if this becomes another season where we fail to meet minimum expectations.  

Not sure that we have signed anyone to date who would improve first 11. Squad has more depth but whether it has more quality very much remains to be seen 

Clerry Jambo
4 minutes ago, Spencer said:

Certainly is mate. Suspect there will be a few leaping to his defence if this becomes another season where we fail to meet minimum expectations.  

Not sure that we have signed anyone to date who would improve first 11. Squad has more depth but whether it has more quality very much remains to be seen 

I agree although surely Lee must be an improvement on cowie and Callaghan 

4 hours ago, JamboAl said:

In this case, it might have been Thomas Flogel.

If he's half as good.....

25% as good will do me. 20 years on and he still looked in good enough shape to play for us now judging by what I saw at EICC bash. Most under-rated footballer we have had in my 50 years of watching. 

7 minutes ago, Spencer said:

I get your point though first 11 probably played one game last season. Our squads lack of depth was a huge issue last season 

24 minutes ago, Clerry Jambo said:

I think it’s fair for Hearts fans to be more apprehensive.

Thats not being negative, we’re simply waiting to see if they'll(new, relatively unknown signings)

be good enough. 

People running to hail these signings solely to defend the boss, rather than simply trying to gauge the potential quality or influence these signings can have ,are being naive.  

You could argue proven signings can fail but in the first instance they immediately inspire more confidence for times ahead. 

Bazzas right boot
4 hours ago, rudi must stay said:

Definatly. "We have access to data of over 10,000 players in Brazil"

Didn't sign any of them...

We had access to 4000 players in Lithuania, but signed 5987 of them. 

Almost the boy wasn't too concerned about maths..... 

Bazzas right boot
15 minutes ago, jonnothejambo said:

As long as we have a top division that allows plastic pitches, is run by useless articles  who only give a toss about two clubs, then I will refer to my terminology. 

You don't agree then fair enough. 

:dito:

3 minutes ago, Debut 4 said:

Thats not being negative, we’re simply waiting to see if they'll(new, relatively unknown signings)

be good enough. 

People running to hail these signings solely to defend the boss, rather than simply trying to gauge the potential quality or influence these signings can have ,are being naive.  

What would you say to the people who , seemingly , automatically slag off any new signing ?

Famous 1874
43 minutes ago, Clerry Jambo said:

My thoughts as well. Clearly is taking a risk with a few of these signings. However there are a few diamonds in the rough out there. That also means if these signings don’t work out then we are in a real mess. Hoping we get Mitchell, Naismith and Milinkovic back. 

4 hours ago, JamboAl said:

In this case, it might have been Thomas Flogel.

If he's half as good.....

Or Robert Tomaschek

Nookie Bear
1 hour ago, Clerry Jambo said:

Pretty much this, and each signing we make seems to back up this argument. 

Positive about Lee, maybe Edwards, but not sure the rest are going to push us forward too much. 

Bring Back Paulo Sergio
6 minutes ago, Juanjo15 said:

We never learn. 

What? So we only sign known quantities from now on? Give Levein a chance to sign his own players.

CB needed depth, not improvement. Will be back up to Berra and John and probs behind Hughes too if he resigns. Giving a lad who they see as having potential the chance to step up and on I'd expect on a fairly low wage.

We could easily have looked for someone who was a known entity and maybe more likely to push for a first team place but wages will be better spent elsewhere IMO. I'd call it an astute signing, but no surprise to see folk moaning.

53 minutes ago, johnthomas said:

What would you say to the people who , seemingly , automatically slag off any new signing ?

Again, being naive.  Could think of something stronger to say though. 

42 minutes ago, Colin Sked said:

Or Robert Tomaschek

Sorry, Colin.

Don't get the connection unless we use him as a foreign scout.

40 minutes ago, Debut 4 said:

Again, being naive.  Could think of something stronger to say though. 

Don't think naive covers the naysayers .

The illogically optimists yes the others just have a negative , nasty agenda . Quite far removed from naïve

Adam_the_legend
2 hours ago, soonbe110 said:

25% as good will do me. 20 years on and he still looked in good enough shape to play for us now judging by what I saw at EICC bash. Most under-rated footballer we have had in my 50 years of watching. 

Loved flogel, great player!!

Adam_the_legend
2 hours ago, Debut 4 said:

be good enough. 

You could argue proven signings can fail but in the first instance they immediately inspire more confidence for times ahead. 

Whos doing that?? From what I can see it’s between those criticising because of players backgrounds or that they haven’t heard of them vs those who just want to see what they’re like on the pitch. 

Apart from probably lee and burns, I don’t think anyone is hailing the signings. 

2 minutes ago, Adam_the_legend said:

Whos doing that?? From what I can see it’s between those criticising because of players backgrounds or that they haven’t heard of them vs those who just want to see what they’re like on the pitch. 

Apart from probably lee and burns, I don’t think anyone is hailing the signings. 

I think most of a sensible disposition are waiting to have a look st these players before making any sort of informed judgement on their capabilities.

Adam_the_legend
1 minute ago, Deevers said:

I think most of a sensible disposition are waiting to have a look st these players before making any sort of informed judgement on their capabilities.

Thats a radical approach...

1 hour ago, Bring Back Paulo Sergio said:

What? So we only sign known quantities from now on? Give Levein a chance to sign his own players.

Some random from a pish league has worked out well before right enough.  Like the last polish huddy last year.   Levein has been at the club as the main guy the last four years.  The only unknown quantity defender bought in that time who was half good as big Ozturk.  The rest have been absolute pish.  Thank god Berra and Soapy where handed on a plate. 

1 minute ago, Juanjo15 said:

Some random from a pish league has worked out well before right enough.  Like the last polish huddy last year.   Levein has been at the club as the main guy the last four years.  The only unknown quantity defender bought in that time who was half good as big Ozturk.  The rest have been absolute pish.  Thank god Berra and Soapy where handed on a plate. 

Igor Rossi?

2 minutes ago, Adam_the_legend said:

Thats a radical approach...

It is for quite a few on here.

Adam_the_legend
4 minutes ago, Juanjo15 said:

That describes a pretty big percentage of our players signed in the last 20 years

Is anyone able to find the thread for when Milinkovic first signed? Bet he was wrote off before he'd kicked a ball 

Bring Back Paulo Sergio
1 minute ago, Juanjo15 said:

Grezlak was awful and Callachan hasn't been great. Levein has had 2 windows to sign his own players. If you can't accept that then there's no point talking. There's legitimate and very concerning reasons to doubt Levein like his total surrender to Rangers at Ibrox. Judging him on players he had little input in isn't one of them.

Bring Back Paulo Sergio

Levein has signed some crackers while manager. Milinkovic for instance. What a find!

jamboinglasgow

Am I right that someone is saying the second tier of Austrian football is rubbish because of one player who played in it and was last seen by any poster on here 8 years ago.

Loving the ignorance.

Edited by jamboinglasgow

i wish jj was my dad
50 minutes ago, jamboinglasgow said:

Am I right that someone is saying the second tier of Austrian football is rubbish because of one player who played in it and was last seen by any poster on here 8 years ago.

Loving the ignorance.

Most folk are willing to give the laddie and our other new signings a chance. From the Banderson article a few days ago it certainly seemed like Levein has done his homework on them. Time will tell. 

To be fair, I think Levein is putting a squad together rather as opposed to going for a marquis type of player.

Just now, Section Q said:

To be fair, I think Levein is putting a squad together rather as opposed to going for a marquis type of player.

Kinda think the marquis players are already there. Lafferty & Berra. Maybe theres an expectation Naismith will join later in the window. Agree though, previous seasons we've not had a balanced squad and I think we're about to reap the benefits of having an experienced head running the team. I never felt that Neilson built a squad as player turnover was too high, and obviously cathro was just a cluster**** start to finish.