Robbie Neilson

Selkirkhmfc1874

1 hour ago, Thomaso said:

Touch of the Pressley's here. Thinks he's too good to manage an SPL Club up here.....not that he was ever actually offered the job!!

Doubt it's a case of 'I'm too good' but more a case of 'you expect x with a budget of y?' sorry but I don't think that's realistic so i'll save everyone's time and withdraw from consideration now. Having 'failed' at MK dons where they seem to see themselves as a Championship Club but haven't spent a transfer fee since 14/15 season where they spent 225k of the 5m+ they got for Delli Alli.

Don't really blame Robbie for being a bit more risk adverse when it comes to his next job, wouldn't be surprised to see him takeover at Dundee United where it's almost a no lose, if he gets them up then he's seen as better than Mixu who relegated them and Mckinnon and Lazlo who have failed to get them back up, if he doesn't get them promoted then there is an inherent problem at the club.

• Replies 136
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Bazzas right boot

• Governor Tarkin

• Mars plastic

• Juanjo15

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

13 hours ago, Mars plastic said:

Delusions of grandeur knocking back St. Mirren. Must think he’s destined for greater things after working his magic in Milton Keynes. 

Why would he take the St Mirren job when the Hearts job is his once his MK Dons pay off is finished ?

Just like CL had to wait until his pay off from Scotland was over before he could become involved in football again.

It's obvious.

Bazzas right boot

These threads bring out the dafties. 

Ten years a player won a sc, promoted us over hibs and rangers, got us 3rd ( best league finish in a while), knocks back a club like St mirren who said dafties hate, yet they still bash him. 

Classy stuff from parts of our support as per. 

26 minutes ago, luckydug said:

Why would he take the St Mirren job when the Hearts job is his once his MK Dons pay off is finished ?

Just like CL had to wait until his pay off from Scotland was over before he could become involved in football again.

It's obvious.

No one "has to wait" - it's a straightforward choice to take the compo for the duration it's due or seek further employment.  That's assuming he didn't get a lump sum pay off. 

PHM tell St Mirren to GTF......step forward Robbie Neilson. Good on him they've been Celtics bitch since the 80s.

Just waiting for his mentor to steady the ship before he jumps back on board....In Robbie we trust.?

Bull's-eye
21 minutes ago, WeeChuck'sHeed said:

Ten years a player won a sc, promoted us over hibs and rangers, got us 3rd ( best league finish in a while), knocks back a club like St mirren who said dafties hate, yet they still bash him. 

Winning the Championship doesn't count when your sense of entitlement has rocketed to the moon. 

Remove that trophy from the argument.

Gave Hibs the Cup. Boooooooooooooo. Phooodle gtf.

Classy stuff indeed. 

Bazzas right boot
4 minutes ago, Oliver Twist said:

Winning the Championship doesn't count when your sense of entitlement has rocketed to the moon. 

Classy stuff indeed. 

Truely is awful the way some Hearts fans treat guys like Robbie and Craig and even Ann yet seem to champion the likes of Stewart  and Lennon. 

Edited by WeeChuck'sHeed

Spellczech

St Mirren have a bit of a problem. The heroic Jack Ross has left absolutely nothing to build with except the promotion itself. The squad is gutted, there is probably little money until they are re-established in the top league, and they will be budgeting for survival. It was totally apparent why Ross allowed himself to be tapped up by Sunderland, he was desperate not to be St Mirren manager next season as it is a hiding to nothing...St Mirren where they are now, could be a career-ender for someone in Neilson's position. Ditto Livi TBH, the promoted clubs are the weakest in years 2 weeks on from promotion, and what's worse is there are 2 of them this time around...

mellors1874
15 hours ago, Albert McFly said:

He'll be back at Hearts as manager soon enough 

hope not he's beyond mince 

Bazzas right boot
2 minutes ago, Spellczech said:

St Mirren have a bit of a problem. The heroic Jack Ross has left absolutely nothing to build with except the promotion itself. The squad is gutted, there is probably little money until they are re-established in the top league, and they will be budgeting for survival. It was totally apparent why Ross allowed himself to be tapped up by Sunderland, he was desperate not to be St Mirren manager next season as it is a hiding to nothing...St Mirren where they are now, could be a career-ender for someone in Neilson's position. Ditto Livi TBH, the promoted clubs are the weakest in years 2 weeks on from promotion, and what's worse is there are 2 of them this time around...

Yip, far better taking on a role like utd, county or Partick where realistically you can go up and then build. 

Livi, St mirren and Hamilton who are getting gutted as well are all in trouble. 

Ironically, this also gives each a good chance to stay up tho, despite on paper being very weak as you say.

Utd would be the smart move, Suprised they haven't sacked Casaba and got him in tbh. 

Bazzas right boot
1 minute ago, mellors1874 said:

Aye, as proven by us really kicking on since the championship then the third place finish. 

Your post is beyond Mince. :thumb:

Bring Back Paulo Sergio

4 minutes ago, mellors1874 said:

Tripe? No, that's what you're talking.

51 minutes ago, Oliver Twist said:

Classy stuff indeed. 

Ah the old "sense of entitlement" shit - haven't seen that one for ages. :biggrin:

1 hour ago, WeeChuck'sHeed said:

:lol: 

BervieJambo

Sensible choice by Neilson. At this stage in his career he needs to go to a club where he can achieve something which will then attract a better level of club. Narrowly avoiding relegation is about as good as he can expect with St Mirren, which in some ways is an achievement but doesn’t exactly polish up your CV. He’d be better taking an English League 2 or even National League team up a division which would enhance (or at least recover) his reputation.

gowestjambo
1 hour ago, NANOJAMBO said:

No one "has to wait" - it's a straightforward choice to take the compo for the duration it's due or seek further employment.  That's assuming he didn't get a lump sum pay off. 

1.2 million I was told by a MK Dons Season Ticket Holder who was glad to see the back of him!. 400k each for his 2 assistants....

Edited by gowestjambo

1 hour ago, Spellczech said:

Hard to argue with that imo

31 minutes ago, gowestjambo said:

1.2 million I was told by a MK Dons Season Ticket Holder who was glad to see the back of him!. 400k each for his 2 assistants....

If thats true (which I doubt) no wonder he is taking his time and weighing up his options.

If I was him the options would be a Caribbean cruise or a round the world holiday.

Paisley wouldn't come into the equasion ☺. 

Pasquale for King
4 hours ago, luckydug said:

It's obvious.

That’s not quite true, CL took them to court and the settlement wasn’t ever disclosed as to when it was paid. CL was applying for managerial jobs before Budge asked him to be DoF.

Pasquale for King
3 hours ago, Spellczech said:

But they are due a sell on fee 33% cut of the world beater John McGinns transfer this summer? They also have his all to similar brothers playing for them. 

Straight back down it is ?.

4 hours ago, Oliver Twist said:

Classy stuff indeed. 

:jj_facepalm:

Governor Tarkin
5 hours ago, WeeChuck'sHeed said:

Truely is awful the way some Hearts fans treat guys like Robbie and Craig and even Ann yet seem to champion the likes of Stewart  and Lennon. 

Not me. I despise the lot of them.

6 hours ago, Iamborg said:

:cornette:

:spoton:

Governor Tarkin
3 hours ago, gowestjambo said:

MK Dons season ticket holders probably pluck figures like that out of the same arse that Hearts season ticket holders on here pluck figures out of.

Adam_the_legend
5 hours ago, WeeChuck'sHeed said:

Theres a term for people like that...

not hearts fans

Adam_the_legend
5 hours ago, mellors1874 said:

I for one look forward to his return, can’t wait until he’s got us challenging for 2nd place and the plane banners come out again. 

ford donald
8 hours ago, Oliver Twist said:

Hope so. 

He should never have left in the 1st place.

His choice to leave Hearts.Club has moved on and will continue to do so, without RN.

Mars plastic
7 hours ago, WeeChuck'sHeed said:

Any Hearts ‘fan’ who wanted hibs to win the cup should refrain from calling Hearts fans dafties. 

Mince! Pish! Poodle!

Goodness me.

Reminds me of Gary Locke on here.  Two absolutely top Jambos who gave it their all and did extremely well in difficult circumstances.

Bazzas right boot
2 minutes ago, Mars plastic said:

Any Hearts ‘fan’ who wanted hibs to win the cup should refrain from calling Hearts fans dafties. 

I don't want rangers to win anything, I'm happy with that. 

Comparing favouring a team out of hibs/rangers to slagging one of our own- that is daft. 

I don't mind your posts, but when it comes to robbie you're a slavering goon. 

Can't work out if he pumped your wife or pumped you then never called you back. 

Must be one or the other. 

Mars plastic
4 minutes ago, WeeChuck'sHeed said:

I don't want rangers to win anything, I'm happy with that. 

Comparing favouring a team out of hibs/rangers to slagging one of our own- that is daft. 

I don't mind your posts, but when it comes to robbie you're a slavering goon. 

Can't work out if he pumped your wife or pumped you then never called you back. 

Must be one or the other. 

If I’m getting pumped by a felly it’ll no be a scruff like him. 

Bazzas right boot
1 minute ago, Mars plastic said:

If I’m getting pumped by a felly it’ll no be a scruff like him. 

:naughty:

No longer active

Robbie on STV

Looks like he will be Hearts' next manager to me. 

Asked if "he thinks he will come back as a better coach" on 2.26; come back to who ? Hearts

For me I'd welcome him back. If Hearts want good young managers with ambition then why not.

Sir Vladimir of Romanov
6 hours ago, gowestjambo said:

Is it common practice to tell season ticket holders what payoff their managers get? 

37 minutes ago, George Cowie said:

Robbie on STV

Looks like he will be Hearts' next manager to me. 

Asked if "he thinks he will come back as a better coach" on 2.26; come back to who ? Hearts

For me I'd welcome him back. If Hearts want good young managers with ambition then why not.

We want and need good experienced managers. 

mellors1874
8 hours ago, Bring Back Paulo Sergio said:

Tripe? No, that's what you're talking.

If u like being bored out your skull and negative football fine bring him back and he can shite it from hibs all over again 

mellors1874
8 hours ago, WeeChuck'sHeed said:

Aye, as proven by us really kicking on since the championship then the third place finish. 

Your post is beyond Mince. :thumb:

I don't like him as a manger he started off well then over thought his tactics and style of play to be boring.

he was easily found out down south and he's not for me 

36 minutes ago, Longshanks said:

He needs to be careful, he's on the verge of becoming a managerial loser like pressley.

In what way? Because he doesn’t want to take on a club who could possibly be relegated just like Elvis did?  Robbie is a very smart guy, he will have a plan.  He knew it was time to get out when he did and MK Dons looked a club on the up, he has to be very careful otherwise he will end up just like Elvis.  

3 minutes ago, mellors1874 said:

I don't like him as a manger he started off well then over thought his tactics and style of play to be boring.

He started off fantastically then found a way to win or was probably advised how to compete in the top league. 

Bazzas right boot
11 minutes ago, Juanjo15 said:

He started off fantastically then found a way to win or was probably advised how to compete in the top league. 

Naw, you saying playing in the top league means the teams we play are better and that the matches are more difficult and that the way you set up v Cowdenbeath doesn't work v celtic? 

Can't be true? 

Bazzas right boot
15 minutes ago, Juanjo15 said:

In what way? Because he doesn’t want to take on a club who could possibly be relegated just like Elvis did?  Robbie is a very smart guy, he will have a plan.  He knew it was time to get out when he did and MK Dons looked a club on the up, he has to be very careful otherwise he will end up just like Elvis.  

Defo, needs to make his next move carefully, could very much end up like Elvis. Every right to have a suspicious mind. 

If he'd taken the St mirren job, he could very well have been caught in a trap. 

Edited by WeeChuck'sHeed

Bazzas right boot
21 minutes ago, mellors1874 said:

Most goals, points and away wins since 06 ib the league, after a record in the championship. Aye dead boring. 

Found out down south - aye? 

Edited by WeeChuck'sHeed

11 minutes ago, WeeChuck'sHeed said:

Naw, you saying playing in the top league means the teams we play are better and that the matches are more difficult and that the way you set up v Cowdenbeath doesn't work v celtic? 

Can't be true? 

He set up to have a go in every single match the first season regardless of opposition.  The second was polar opposite for some reason which was incredibly frustrating although Dundee away through to about November was actually good to watch. 

Sir Vladimir of Romanov
16 minutes ago, WeeChuck'sHeed said:

Most goals, points and away wins since 06 ib the league, after a record in the championship. Aye dead boring. 

Does he take the credit for that and Craig gets all the stick? 

Bazzas right boot
11 minutes ago, Sir Vladimir of Romanov said:

Does he take the credit for that and Craig gets all the stick? 

Dunno what means.

Governor Tarkin
33 minutes ago, WeeChuck'sHeed said:

Well, aye.

Bazzas right boot
1 minute ago, Governor Tarkin said:

Well, aye.

So, that makes him shite? 

What does that mean - found out down south? 

Think only 2 managers in my lifetime haven't been found out down south. 

****ing stupid statement. 

33 minutes ago, Juanjo15 said:

He set up to have a go in every single match the first season regardless of opposition.  The second was polar opposite for some reason which was incredibly frustrating although Dundee away through to about November was actually good to watch. 

To be honest he actually started to switch playing styles after that first loss at home V Falkirk. (think it was in the January) and it went from there. 

It lost him a large portion of the support over time (especially after the Hibs debacle) and I was very disappointed as I thought he was going to be an excellent young manager who'd be well on his way by now. 

The Birkikrkara game done it for me. 

Edited by jambogemz