Gay Pride Marches

jambo1961

Phil Dunphy
3 minutes ago, ri Alban said:

Glasshouses!

I'm actually quite progressive and open minded mate. I don't hate people because of their race, religion, sexuality or their political beliefs.

• Replies 414
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• redjambo

• Unknown user

• i8hibsh

• peter_hmfc

1 minute ago, redjambo said:

People disagree with his view. That's not the same as intolerance.

And lay off with the specious "can I not use that pronoun any more" argument. :D You'd think that being gay and having gay pride parades was somehow breaking the fundamental fabric of society. Or perhaps it is indeed breaking the fabric of your society. Do you feel threatened?

It was about 20 yr ago. Threatened by who, 0.0000000000001 of the population.

Just now, ri Alban said:

Your gay big decking deal, or is the point.

Adam_Eason_Sexual_Orientation_Robert_Dya

2 minutes ago, redjambo said:

And lay off with the specious "can I not use that pronoun any more" argument. :D You'd think that being gay and having gay pride parades was somehow breaking the fundamental fabric of society. Or perhaps it is indeed breaking the fabric of your society. Do you feel threatened?

Here's my opinion on this, gies peace.

Phil Dunphy
1 minute ago, peter_hmfc said:

Well a quick (and reluctant) Google image search for obvious keywords would say otherwise. There is enough people who take it too far with overly sexual actions and borderline nudity to the point that if you did that in public on any other day you'd be put on some sort of register. I can't imagine any demograph of people would want to be protrayed as overly-flaming, sex-crazed nudists.

A quick Google image search for Edinburgh gay pride doesn't show any nudity or sexual actions.

I think you're googling something else. If you're even using Google.

2 minutes ago, Phil Dunphy said:

I'm actually quite progressive and open minded mate. I don't hate people because of their race, religion, sexuality or their political beliefs.

Good! 

peter_hmfc
Just now, Phil Dunphy said:

A quick Google image search for Edinburgh gay pride doesn't show any nudity or sexual actions.

I think you're googling something else. If you're even using Google.

The OP is about "MarchES", not specifically one in Edinburgh.

AskJeeves FTW.

Phil Dunphy
Just now, peter_hmfc said:

The OP is about "MarchES", not specifically one in Edinburgh.

AskJeeves FTW.

So, we've established that I was talking about the Edinburgh GPM and you were talking about somewhere totally different?

Right then.

3 minutes ago, peter_hmfc said:

. I can't imagine any demograph of people would want to be protrayed as overly-flaming, sex-crazed nudists.

Seriously, you sound like a Wee Free minister addressing a sermon to his kirk. :D  "Overly-flaming". :placate:

Phil Dunphy
7 minutes ago, redjambo said:

There isn't much point trying to engage this one.

One of a couple of oddballs who come onto a Hearts message board to talk about Scottish independence without ever actually getting involved in any kind of discussion about Hearts.

peter_hmfc

So, we've established that I was talking about the Edinburgh GPM and you were talking about somewhere totally different?

Right then.

Exactly, please stick to the thread topic of gay pride marches in general instead of shifting it to one specific place. That is not what the topic is about.

Also, your line: "Maybe it’s a bit more flamboyant in more liberal places like Amsterdam." doesn't really help your case.

Just now, redjambo said:

Auto incorrect, more like.

I can't be sure if I prefer him now or the way he was before he got punted.  :booze:

Just now, redjambo said:

Auto incorrect, more like.

Aye! :D

See when I said the law, concerning this, I meant use it, that's what it's for.

peter_hmfc

Seriously, you sound like a Wee Free minister addressing a sermon to his kirk. :D  "Overly-flaming". :placate:

Well my thesaurus is on the other side of the house and Jeeves is being slow as **** :lol: .

Just now, Ulysses said:

I can't be sure if I prefer him now or the way he was before he got punted.  :booze:

Oh look who it is. I thought you chucked it.

2 minutes ago, Phil Dunphy said:

One of a couple of oddballs who come onto a Hearts message board to talk about Scottish independence without ever actually getting involved in any kind of discussion about Hearts.

Och, I know that. Where would we be without them and their persistent inanity. ;)

4 minutes ago, ri Alban said:

Aye! :D

See when I said the law, concerning this, I meant use it, that's what it's for.

No, you used it when I asked you what the difference was between disagreement with a position and intolerance of that position, since you had incorrectly accused another poster of intolerance.

If you're referring by "intolerance" to "hate crimes" though, you have a point. No-one has committed any hate crimes against me though, probably because I'm a white anglo-saxon heterosexual protestant with nothing to make me really stand out from anyone else. I'm sure it would be different otherwise, as statistics and my experience (since I don't restrict my friends and colleagues to fellow white anglo-saxon heterosexual protestants) show.

6 minutes ago, ri Alban said:

Oh look who it is. I thought you chucked it.

Hi aussie.  Sure 'tis yourself, and 'tis grand you do be looking, as we say around here. :rockon:

10 minutes ago, peter_hmfc said:

Well my thesaurus is on the other side of the house and Jeeves is being slow as **** :lol: .

:D Fair enough. It's a lovely term though, got me chuckling.

17 minutes ago, Phil Dunphy said:

Seasons over and I had to give my seat up for next season. I've been in jkb jail for the best part of 3 months so I couldn't manage. But why I'm justifying myself to you I don't know. How's Ibrox these days anyway.

Edited by ri Alban

1 minute ago, Ulysses said:

Hi aussie.  Sure 'tis yourself, and 'tis grand you do be looking, as we say around here. :rockon:

:troll:

3 minutes ago, ri Alban said:

Seasons over and I had to give my seat up for next season.

That's a shame. How come?

5 minutes ago, redjambo said:

No, you used it when I asked you what the difference was between disagreement with a position and intolerance of that position, since you had incorrectly accused another poster of intolerance.

If you're referring by "intolerance" to "hate crimes" though, you have a point. No-one has committed any hate crimes against me though, probably because I'm a white anglo-saxon heterosexual protestant with nothing to make me really stand out from anyone else. I'm sure it would be different otherwise, as statistics and my experience (since I don't restrict my friends and colleagues to fellow white anglo-saxon heterosexual protestants) show.

Red? I'm sorry, but that is bs. So you introduce yourself as" Hi I'm red, I'm a heterosexual wasp" 

1 minute ago, ri Alban said:

:troll:

Now now, I'm only praising your ability not to get caught.  But whatever you do, don't draw attention to yourself.

e3a8a60e9ba003ee3ca8301f3a663fe9--amazin

3 minutes ago, Ulysses said:

Now now, I'm only praising your ability not to get caught.  But whatever you do, don't draw attention to yourself.

e3a8a60e9ba003ee3ca8301f3a663fe9--amazin

Christ, you look rough.

Just now, ri Alban said:

Christ, you look rough.

Why do you think my PMs are getting knocked back on the Donald Trump thread?  :laugh:

Governor Tarkin
1 hour ago, Phil Dunphy said:

Context is always key. But to suggest it’s not offensive to homosexuals is a bit daft. 

And its it’s not up to serial deviants like i8 to decide when it’s ok ?

It's offensive to some homosexuals, but certainly not all. 

You'r second point however is bang on the money. ?

Phil Dunphy
17 minutes ago, ri Alban said:

Seasons over and I had to give my seat up for next season. I've been in jkb jail for the best part of 3 months so I couldn't manage. But why I'm justifying myself to you I don't know. How's Ibrox these days anyway.

Wouldn't know mate, Hearts are Protestant enough for me :thumbsup:

Just now, ri Alban said:

Red? I'm sorry, but that is bs. So you introduce yourself as" Hi I'm red, I'm a heterosexual wasp" 

You'll need to explain what you mean by that, because it's beyond me I'm afraid.

What I am saying is that I know from my experience (because I've personally seen folk affected by it) that folk who stand out from the "norms" in a society get discriminated against, and often that discrimination manifests itself as hate crimes. Whether these can be reported is a different question (you may lose your job, it may be someone at school so you just put up with it or else you will be further bullied, you may become a pariah in your neighbourhood etc.). But, in comparison to some of my friends, I've been lucky because of what I am within the society in which I live, which is pretty close to the norm (I'm not even ginger ;)). I would like everyone to experience what I have done, and we're starting slowly to get there.

Someone recently told me, surprised rather than shocked, that they had seen two men walking down the main street here hand in hand. Ok, so it was a sample set of one, but the fact that this still merits comment means that we're still not quite there as to the acceptance of homosexuality in Scotland. A friend of mine remained in the closet his entire life due to the environment in which he worked - it was just too much to risk to come out. That makes me sad, to be honest. We will get there one day though.

Phil Dunphy
31 minutes ago, peter_hmfc said:

Exactly, please stick to the thread topic of gay pride marches in general instead of shifting it to one specific place. That is not what the topic is about.

Also, your line: "Maybe it’s a bit more flamboyant in more liberal places like Amsterdam." doesn't really help your case.

Oh, I’m sorry. I didn’t realise I had to have attended every GPM there ever was before I can share my experience. 

?

peter_hmfc

Oh, I’m sorry. I didn’t realise I had to have attended every GPM there ever was before I can share my experience. 

?

You're lost now, entirely. I actually don't know what you're talking about.

The thread is about gay pride marches in general, across the world, not just Edinburgh (or Amsterdam).

12 minutes ago, ri Alban said:

Skint

Don't worry, once we become independent, Scotland will be so rich that all that oil revenue money will, like the oil itself, gush down to its citizens and you'll be able to afford it again. ;)

Seriously though, that's a pity. I hope your circumstances change for the better at some point.

peter_hmfc
1 minute ago, redjambo said:

Don't worry, once we become independent, Scotland will be so rich that all that oil revenue money will, like the oil itself, gush down to its citizens and you'll be able to afford it again. ;)

Seriously though, that's a pity. I hope your circumstances change for the better at some point.

Harsh.

Funny, but harsh :lol: .

No offence ri Alban and I hope things work out for you.

As soon as my mrs getting back to chartered surveying. 

Oh I thought you said you were a wasp?

Harsh.

Funny, but harsh :lol: .

No offence ri Alban and I hope things work out for you.

If I can quote the great poet George Harrison "Its gonna take time"

Geoff the Mince
Just now, ri Alban said:

As soon as my mrs getting back to chartered surveying. 

Oh I thought you said you were a wasp?

Had a wasps nest upstairs a few years back 

true story .

2 minutes ago, Geoff the Mince said:

true story .

A byk.

Edited by ri Alban

peter_hmfc
Just now, ri Alban said:

If I can quote the great poet George Harrison "Its gonna take time"

He also said "It's gonna take money, a whole load of spending money.".

:whistling:;)

Just now, Geoff the Mince said:

true story .

*******s.  Don't start talking about actual wasps, there's a thread somewhere else for that.  :runaway:

Phil Dunphy
7 minutes ago, peter_hmfc said:

You're lost now, entirely. I actually don't know what you're talking about.

The thread is about gay pride marches in general, across the world, not just Edinburgh (or Amsterdam).

Yeah the thread is about Gay Pride marches round the world. And I was recounting my experience of one such march. 

You’re trying to discount that one though, because it doesn’t match up to the pictures of naked men you “relunctantly” searched the internet for. 

He also said "It's gonna take money, a whole load of spending money.".

:whistling:;)

Leave it

peter_hmfc

Yeah the thread is about Gay Pride marches round the world. And I was recounting my experience of one such march. 

You’re trying to discount that one though, because it doesn’t match up to the pictures of naked men you “relunctantly” searched the internet for.

Can't help but :rofl: at that tbf.

No offence intended but I simply can't pass up an opportunity to use one of the greatest gifs ever created.

clap.gif

:rofl:

3 minutes ago, Phil Dunphy said:

That's where you're going wrong. Peter is more upset about "borderline nudity" remember. That's too much of a tease for him, perhaps. ;)

Unknown user

So anyway, gay pride marches, why the hell not? There's more nudity at the beach and anyway, you don't have to go if you're not up for it. 

peter_hmfc
2 minutes ago, ri Alban said:

Leave it

No offence, it's just a ****ing fantastic song.