• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• redjambo

• Unknown user

• i8hibsh

• peter_hmfc

Regal Kingston

Good for the economy. Glitter sales through the roof. 

Anything that gets people together and having a good time is alright by me. 

Der Kaiser

I gave that video a few minutes.

I wish Danny Dyer was interviewing. He'd be more literate I feel......

JudyJudyJudy
18 minutes ago, i8hibsh said:

Violence is not exclusive to homosexuals. Infact, most violent attacks in the UK DO NOT involve homosexuals.

Yes that's true but straight guys batter other straight guys due to a variety of reasons and none to do with their sexuality

The good news for the OP is Livingston has its very own at the end of July.

Got a feeling he'll be using it as a way of coming out. ;)

3 hours ago, Cade said:

There are plenty of total roasters on JKB these days

?

I was tempted to follow up with "oh the irony "

But now and again I like your posts

Francis Albert
6 hours ago, Smithee said:

By the way gay pride in Amsterdam is just the best, a great series of events from tranny Olympics to the water parade and a fantastic atmosphere. I highly recommend it no matter where you are on the sexual spectrum

Tranny olympics? Why?

Francis Albert
1 minute ago, Lord BJ said:

Cause I think the participants and those around that community find it fun.

Fair enough. But I think I am also entitled to think the concept is silly and in fact a bit demeaning of Trannies.

shaun.lawson

So:

- The intolerant OP is upset at everyone else for not being tolerant of his intolerance

- i8hibsh, who started a thread on here lauding a 'Day for Freedom' featuring assorted nutjobs, Nazis and ne'er do wells, thinks a gay pride march is just attention seekers saying "look at me", and cites total non-attention seekers Tommy Robinson and Dinesh D'Souza as part of his case

- Fleapit and Pete are continuing their periodic arguments about nothing

- i8hibsh also thinks that holding stupid right wing arguments in contempt is a sign of "intolerance". In which case i8hibsh, two plus two equals five. You're intolerant if you disagree. 

Long live tolerance. And total ****ing disdain. :toasting: 

Edited by shaun.lawson

King prawn

I haven’t read every post on this thread but just thought I’d share my experience - I lived with a Greek chap in Amsterdam for a bit (he was on the same floor as my flat) and we started chatting quite a bit as we both smoked at the time. A year later he explained that he was gay but had been afraid to say anything. Key bit there - afraid. Turns out the reason he left Greece to move to Holland wasn’t the financial reasons I’d suspected but that he was being attacked weekly just for being gay.

If a few marches each year make people recognise that it’s absolutely not ok just to attack someone because of their sexuality then I’m all for them. 

9 hours ago, jambo1961 said:

Whats the point of them these days ??

Maybe we should have a Heterosexual Pride Day(s) :ninja:

Is that not Orange marches??

8 hours ago, Smithee said:

By the way gay pride in Amsterdam is just the best, a great series of events from tranny Olympics to the water parade and a fantastic atmosphere. I highly recommend it no matter where you are on the sexual spectrum

My brother is over at that, says it's fantastic. I love the gran canaria gay pride. Goes on for about 10 days and is great fun no matter what your sexuality

Unknown user
1 hour ago, Francis Albert said:

Tranny olympics? Why?

Ask the organisers and participants - I can't say why! But a great time is had by all, no one seems to take it too seriously and everyone there has a great laugh.

So why not?

Just now, Smithee said:

Ask the organisers and participants - I can't say why! But a great time is had by all, no one seems to take it too seriously and everyone there has a great laugh.

So why not?

Because they're all perverts and don't deserve to have a good time before they burn in hell forever?

Nookie Bear
9 hours ago, Smithee said:

I’ll pass, if it’s all the same to you. 

8A208640-2B63-4755-B7B1-C00ED8FF54FC.jpeg

Unknown user
1 hour ago, Francis Albert said:

Fair enough. But I think I am also entitled to think the concept is silly and in fact a bit demeaning of Trannies.

You've never seen it for yourself so you have no context to judge it by though. No one's forced to enter (oo-er!) or watch, it's all done in a spirit of tremendous fun by people who don't take themselves too seriously, for one day at least. 

ae5rldewpavt_featured_image_article.jpg

1 minute ago, Nookie Bear said:

I’ll pass, if it’s all the same to you. 

8A208640-2B63-4755-B7B1-C00ED8FF54FC.jpeg

Sound, I couldn't care less if you don't fancy a huge party and the best weekend one of the great cities can offer.

I'd be surprised if anyone's disappointed at your lack of interest TBH.

gay-pride-amsterdam-3.jpg

Nookie Bear
2 minutes ago, Smithee said:

You've never seen it for yourself so you have no context to judge it by though. No one's forced to enter (oo-er!) or watch, it's all done in a spirit of tremendous fun by people who don't take themselves too seriously, for one day at least. 

ae5rldewpavt_featured_image_article.jpg

Sound, I couldn't care less if you don't fancy a huge party and the best weekend one of the great cities can offer.

I'd be surprised if anyone's disappointed at your lack of interest TBH.

gay-pride-amsterdam-3.jpg

Not selling it by showing some bloke in a leather codpiece tbh (and I would feel the same if it was boat after boat of burlesque dancers)

All in good spirits, obviously, but a bit tacky. 

I will stick to quietly treating everyone equal and with the same respect given regardless of sexual preferences. 

Unknown user
Just now, Nookie Bear said:

Not selling it by showing some bloke in a leather codpiece tbh (and I would feel the same if it was boat after boat of burlesque dancers)

I will stick to quietly treating everyone equal and with the same respect given regardless of sexual preferences. 

That's fine, your approval is not required.

It is, however, a tremendous spectacle, a huge event, and just the most fun ever for those who are happy to get involved. 

Mon the gays!

14 minutes ago, Barack said:

Fascinated to see what the diving competition involves.

Muff diving for the lesbian event for sure.

5 minutes ago, i8hibsh said:

2FD65A30-B195-42EF-B24D-7BF50273AB32.gif

Governor Tarkin
8 hours ago, Longshanks said:

I see gay pride marches the same way as orange marches etc.  All just people attention seeking that need to feel like they are the centre of the universe.  It's all just very sad.

Not sure I agree with that, Longshanks.

Nowadays the gay pride marches seem to be more a celebration of culture than the stand against oppression they may have originally been intended as. Gay subculture has added so much to the mainstream over the years I think it's only fair. Being of a certain age I loved the flamboyance of Freddie Mercury, the sound and fashion of the Pet Shop Boys, and all the best house music in early '90's Edinburgh being played at the gay clubs (to name just a few), and it seems to me like a facet of society which has influenced a lot of us in ways we probably don't realise. 

I was luck enough to be in Prince Alfred Park, Sydney in November of last year on the morning the Aussies voted to legalise same sex marriage. A couple of the gay mates I was with had been together for years and from that day on they had a glimmer of the option to do what the rest of us take for granted. When the results came in over the big screens there were plenty of tears. In a world full of shite and misery it was quite a thing to see so many people so happy.

They can bash on with their marches for me.

Governor Tarkin
4 hours ago, Francis Albert said:

Tranny olympics? Why?

Because they want to, I'd imagine.

Governor Tarkin
2 hours ago, Nookie Bear said:

This is where I am with it.

2 minutes ago, Gershwin said:

Quite odd that it was illegal to be gay in Scotland until 1980!

And that the age of consent for gay sex only reached parity with that for hetero sex in 2000.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ages_of_consent_in_Europe#Scotland

This is all very recent.

The day that men can walk hand-in-hand down the road with nary a glance from other folk will be the day that we no longer need gay pride parades. We're not there yet, not by a long shot.

Oh and gay pride marches are great fun. Yes its about getting the message out etc, but its also just about having fun, at the.very core of it.

Never seen a gpm being followed by a procession of toothless Rangers tapped neds drinking buckfast, 5 paces ahead of their hoop earinged, blackened eyed screeching scagwhores.

Just saying.

Mars plastic

Whilst not gay, I love the scene. Was down in London a couple of months back to go to Horse Meat Disco at the Eagle in Vauxhall. Decided to go into the Royal Vauxhall Tavern for a few drinks prior. Was packed by 9pm and wall to wall guys with their tops off listening to 1980’s records remixed at 130 bpm. 

Off to Taste @ Liquid Room on the 1st July as we do every year for the 24th birthday party. Those who know the club will know how bonkers that will be.

Harry Potter
9 hours ago, i8hibsh said:

Ha Ha, never heard that saying for years :laugh:.

The Real Maroonblood
27 minutes ago, TheBigO said:

Oh and gay pride marches are great fun. Yes its about getting the message out etc, but its also just about having fun, at the.very core of it.

Never seen a gpm being followed by a procession of toothless Rangers tapped neds drinking buckfast, 5 paces ahead of their hoop earinged, blackened eyed screeching scagwhores.

Just saying.

:kirklol:

Phil Dunphy

About 3 years ago I shared a flat with someone from work who is gay. When one of the girls we used to work with heard we had moved in, her first question was about how I would feel about him bringing guys home, wondering if that would be a bit weird. Couldn't understand my point of it being no more an issue to me than it would be to him if I brought a girl home.

I suppose that's one of the reasons why they have marches. So that people don't feel the need to ask questions like that.

Seymour M Hersh
On 27/05/2018 at 12:12, jambo1961 said:

Who's complaining ??

Just don't see why some need to quite literarily ram there sexuality in peoples faces 

Sorry if I hit a raw nerve and that's  to the fanatical non attender

:oohmatron:

1 hour ago, Phil Dunphy said:

I suppose that's one of the reasons why they have marches. So that people don't feel the need to ask questions like that.

Lots of gay men dressing up in leather and kinky sex outfits indulging in hedonism, partying, taking drugs and drinking....yup that will stop these questions.

Phil Dunphy
5 minutes ago, i8hibsh said:

Lots of gay men dressing up in leather and kinky sex outfits indulging in hedonism, partying, taking drugs and drinking....yup that will stop these questions.

I'm not getting involved in this debate with someone who collects womens underwear.

Geoff Kilpatrick
2 minutes ago, Phil Dunphy said:

I'm not getting involved in this debate with someone who collects womens underwear.

Knickerphobia is a terrible thing!

gashauskis9
12 hours ago, Governor Tarkin said:

Not sure I agree with that, Longshanks.

Nowadays the gay pride marches seem to be more a celebration of culture than the stand against oppression they may have originally been intended as. Gay subculture has added so much to the mainstream over the years I think it's only fair. Being of a certain age I loved the flamboyance of Freddie Mercury, the sound and fashion of the Pet Shop Boys, and all the best house music in early '90's Edinburgh being played at the gay clubs (to name just a few), and it seems to me like a facet of society which has influenced a lot of us in ways we probably don't realise. 

I was luck enough to be in Prince Alfred Park, Sydney in November of last year on the morning the Aussies voted to legalise same sex marriage. A couple of the gay mates I was with had been together for years and from that day on they had a glimmer of the option to do what the rest of us take for granted. When the results came in over the big screens there were plenty of tears. In a world full of shite and misery it was quite a thing to see so many people so happy.

They can bash on with their marches for me.

Best post on this thread ???.  

16 minutes ago, Phil Dunphy said:

Heterophobe!

In all seriouseness, what I meant by my post is I don't think these pride marches show gay people in a good light.  It is so far detached from reality.

I believe they are counter productive and raises more concerns than settles.

Edited by i8hibsh

I go to The Street regularly for a certain music night that's put on there. Brilliant day/night if you love house and disco. They also do a special for GPM and it's a superb atmosphere. I love the vibe,no violence and people just totally enjoying themselves. 

Some of the replies on here are a bit disappointing . 

But it's good to read that most have a better outlook. 

Good luck to them if all they want to do is march,wave a flag and blow a whistle. No harm done and if it makes someone feel like they can express themselves freely then all good.

9 minutes ago, i8hibsh said:

Heterophobe!

In all seriouseness, what I meant by my post is I don't think these pride marches show gay people in a good light.  It is so far detached from reality.

I believe they are counter productive and raises more concerns than settles.

Who's reality?

Just now, robbo1874 said:

Who's reality?

I imagine most people’s unless you are telling me that the flamboyant and hedonistic sights of a gay pride are just what you see walking down the street and in your workplace everyday?