It's time to play politics

John Findlay

John Findlay

There is no knight in shining armour about to gallop along Gorgie Road and thrust his lance into the chest of the black night that is perceived to be Vladimir Romanov.

It is clear there is not a Hearts supporter out there with the personal wealth to buy the club of VR and it is also clear that the Hearts support collectively do not have the wealth to remove VR(SOH made that abundantly clear).

So in the forseeable future we are stuck with a custodian who is becoming more unpopular as time passes.

He is a man who can be called without contradiction a dictator. His motto would appear to be it is my way or the highway.

History has proved that dictators eventually meet their downfall and without achieving the success they claimed they would.

So what can we the Hearts support do at present.

Well I personally do not believe in turning my back on the team. I call myself a Hearts supporter and next season I will attend as many Hearts games as I can work permitting.

However we do have one tool at our disposal and it has been mentioned on another thread. Our disposable income as it is called nowadays.

Let us forego club merchandise. No matter how pleasing to the eye the new home and away strips might be we have to have the individual and collective willpower to say I am not purchasing. We must also as parents be brave enough to also say no to our offspring. Educate that it does not make you less of a Hearts supporter if you do not have the latest strips.

We also forego purchasing the beat magazine, matchday programmes and perharps the biggest thing matchday refreshments.

This will hurt the club as it's turnover in intake will fall dramtically and Hearts cannot afford to let this happen. Not even a dictator, especially a smart businessman dictator.

Lets support the team by being there at match games but lets do it with our voices and without the latest in club merchandising.

Then perharps VR will let his manager take care of the footballing side that he is paid to do and VR can get on with what he does best. Running the business side.

John

Sheriff Fatman
There is no knight in shining armour about to gallop along Gorgie Road and thrust his lance into the chest of the black night that is perceived to be Vladimir Romanov.

It is clear there is not a Hearts supporter out there with the personal wealth to buy the club of VR and it is also clear that the Hearts support collectively do not have the wealth to remove VR(SOH made that abundantly clear).

So in the forseeable future we are stuck with a custodian who is becoming more unpopular as time passes.

He is a man who can be called without contradiction a dictator. His motto would appear to be it is my way or the highway.

History has proved that dictators eventually meet their downfall and without achieving the success they claimed they would.

Well I personally do not believe in turning my back on the team. I call myself a Hearts supporter and next season I will attend as many Hearts games as I can work permitting.

However we do have one tool at our disposal and it has been mentioned on another thread. Our disposable income as it is called nowadays.

Let us forego club merchandise. No matter how pleasing to the eye the new home and away strips might be we have to have the individual and collective willpower to say I am not purchasing. We must also as parents be brave enough to also say no to our offspring. Educate that it does not make you less of a Hearts supporter if you do not have the latest strips.

We also forego purchasing the beat magazine, matchday programmes and perharps the biggest thing matchday refreshments.

This will hurt the club as it's turnover in intake will fall dramtically and Hearts cannot afford to let this happen. Not even a dictator, especially a smart businessman dictator.

Lets support the team by being there at match games but lets do it with our voices and without the latest in club merchandising.

Then perharps VR will let his manager take care of the footballing side that he is paid to do and VR can get on with what he does best. Running the business side.

John

Whilst I agree with your idea about not buying certain items, not buying match day refreshments will have sod all effect. The stands are not run by Hearts they are rented out by them and Hearts will get money whether anybody buys anything or not. The catering company probably wouldn't give them up even if nobody used them as they also run the catering in the corporate areas, where they will make far more profit, and they wouldn't want to lose that.

Csaba's Broon Shoes

John

I agree 100%

however once the season is up and running and IF we win a few games then

we will be back on the happy train , then Christmas presents will be bought

in the club shop before you know it we will be drinking hot bovril and muching

greasey pies at Tynecastle as normal

Old habbits die hard

If it is going to work then it must be organised properly

It's not going to happen

Ardmillan Jambo

in the real world all that will happen is that the loss of revenue will mean more debt and romanov will plod on regardless...

maroonlegions
in the real world all that will happen is that the loss of revenue will mean more debt and romanov will plod on regardless...

what happens and who will plod on regardless if ,say, he kicks the bucket , it can happen to anyone as we all know.:rolleyes:

Archived