The Betfred Cup 2018

...a bit disco

hmfc4life1991

Raith Rovers on their wevsire say their 2 home games are provincially booker for Bayview but If the pitch is installed quickly then  they’ll be played at Starks Park 

• Replies 375
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• mitch41

• letsalldothebeattie

• been here before

• Mikey1874

19 minutes ago, Gorgie_Rules said:

Bayview holds just under 2,000. They put up temporary stands to accomodate Rangers but cant see Raith going to the expense for this. We’ll probably get about 1,000 max with them being sold by loyalty points

Seems rather bizarre that an opp to make more cash has been ignored....Rovers at East End Park would have made more sense....

been here before

Cove on a Wed night is the kind of arseholery you'd expect but it could have been a lot worse.

11 minutes ago, GavK1012 said:

Seems rather bizarre that an opp to make more cash has been ignored....Rovers at East End Park would have made more sense....

No really, Raith only pull in about 1500 at a home game on a good day so maybe they think they will get 800-1000 because of recent form and the fans wanting Smith out. That would give hearts 1000ish tickets. They would probably be alot cheaper using Methil so might make more profit on using the smaller stadium. 

Another Robbo

Was due back at work after my summer holiday the day after the Cove game but may have to delay that now.

Also as others have said Raith at East End would get a bigger crowd than Methil. I’m not sure I want their pitch to be ready given it’s plastic...

letsalldothebeattie

Can’t say I’m surprised we are away to Cove midweek apart from that not a bad set up of fixtures will only be able to make the home games though

Seymour M Hersh

Once again we've not been given a Saturday afternoon game at home! 

No doubt the club will make zero complaint. 

Utterly pathetic.

Edited by Seymour M Hersh

Selkirkhmfc1874
1 minute ago, Seymour M Hersh said:

Once again we've not been given a Saturday afternoon game at home! 

Decent wee cheque from bt sports tho 

Seymour M Hersh
5 minutes ago, Selkirkhmfc1874 said:

Decent wee cheque from bt sports tho 

Will that cover the lost ticket sales money from getting shite crowds?

4 hours ago, Sir Gio said:

So what you are saying Mikey, this improved state of affairs is more by chance than intelligent planning? Makes sense!

I'm glad you raised it. I was a bit miffed a losing a midweek game. 

Celtic get direct entry to quarter finals next season.  

Selkirkhmfc1874
36 minutes ago, Seymour M Hersh said:

Will that cover the lost ticket sales money from getting shite crowds?

Let's be honest these games not gonna draw massive crowds anyway 

Seymour M Hersh
24 minutes ago, Selkirkhmfc1874 said:

It's really not the point though. After the split we were the only club to not get a Saturday afternoon (3pm kick off) and here we are again getting no Saturday afternoon home games. Are they wanting to encourage or discourage a new generation of fans?

Selkirkhmfc1874
2 minutes ago, Seymour M Hersh said:

It's really not the point though. After the split we were the only club to not get a Saturday afternoon (3pm kick off) and here we are again getting no Saturday afternoon home games. Are they wanting to encourage or discourage a new generation of fans?

Totally agree with you about a prefer Saturday 3pm football, was a joke we didn't get any Saturday 3pm fixtures after the split

johnthomas
50 minutes ago, Selkirkhmfc1874 said:

I'm sure you are right . If I was cove rangers I'd be pissed off not getting Hearts on a Saturday . Assumed the idea of the regional (I know) groups was to give lesser teams some dosh . Same dumb fixture times as last season . Hard to understand .

thegreatsd

If my memory serves me well...I’m pretty sure years ago I was at Hearts v East Fife cup game at starks Park. Nice wee Hearts v Rovers at East Fife to complete the collection!

oh ah grantona
Spoiler

Not 100% Raith game is at Bayview according to them. 

Why hey didn't they try and switch fixtures to help them out. 

Could easily have switched their home games to be last 2 

IMG_0319.PNG

portobellojambo1

I will be looking to go up to Cove, need to check at work tomorrow for getting away a bit early. Been to East Fife's ground for the friendly at the start of the Championship season and it was a really good day out. Bit of a drag getting there by bus and train, but it is a Saturday so I can manage that one

Edited by portobellojambo1

22 hours ago, Gorgie_Rules said:

Bayview holds just under 2,000. They put up temporary stands to accomodate Rangers but cant see Raith going to the expense for this. We’ll probably get about 1,000 max with them being sold by loyalty points

Dunfermline surely would have been a better option if Raith wanted to make money out of the match

Went to Cowdenbeath for the romance of the terracing during our Championship season. Never again....

The pub on the corner was great though

Fxxx the SPFL
1 hour ago, Phage said:

Went to Cowdenbeath for the romance of the terracing during our Championship season. Never again....

The pub on the corner was great though

Was that wee jimmys brilliant atmosphere sing song before and after game.