The Betfred Cup 2018

...a bit disco

Romanov Stole My Pension

The regional system obviously doesn't really work, but I like it. I'd rather go to Cove than Clyde.

• Replies 375
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• mitch41

• letsalldothebeattie

• been here before

• neilnunb

2 minutes ago, Romanov Stole My Pension said:

The regional system obviously doesn't really work, but I like it. I'd rather go to Cove than Clyde.

On a Tuesday night?

Actually... do Clyde still play in the shit-hole that is Cumbernauld? If so, I agree.

Edited by Bez

chester copperpot
6 minutes ago, Bez said:

On a Tuesday night?

Actually... do Clyde still play in the shit-hole that is Cumbernauld? If so, I agree.

They do aye. The pitch is atroscious as well. Seen better 5 aside plastic pitches

11 minutes ago, chester copperpot said:

They do aye. The pitch is atroscious as well. Seen better 5 aside plastic pitches

Christ, they really don’t have ANYTHING going for them, do they? Is wee Bazza still stinking the place out too?

chester copperpot
Just now, Bez said:

Christ, they really don’t have ANYTHING going for them, do they? Is wee Bazza still stinking the place out too?

Na he left about a year ago but I once was at a meeting in Broadwood and took in a half hour session of his 'coaching'. Me and one of the other lads were rolling about at his 80's style methods. For a UEFA A licence holder it was pretty embarrasing what he was doing (Barry has the A licence, not me)

7 minutes ago, chester copperpot said:

Na he left about a year ago but I once was at a meeting in Broadwood and took in a half hour session of his 'coaching'. Me and one of the other lads were rolling about at his 80's style methods. For a UEFA A licence holder it was pretty embarrasing what he was doing (Barry has the A licence, not me)

Some big pals in the Hampden corridors I would expect. Glad his coaching matches his intelligence though. :lol:

3 hours ago, Morgan said:

Dear God, he's got the brains of an apricot.

:facepalm:

Just catching up on this thread and this really made me laugh 

:laugh:

MacDonald Jardine
1 hour ago, davemclaren said:

The last time I was at a match at Cowdenbeath Craig Levein was playing for them.  

Me too and I'm not in a rush to go back.

Hopefully the Cove game is a Saturday. 

32 minutes ago, chester copperpot said:

were those methods passing round the regal kingsize and md 20/20 while preparing for aiming shots at the bare bottom of the class clown?

...a bit disco
1 minute ago, milky_26 said:

were those methods passing round the regal kingsize and md 20/20 while preparing for aiming shots at the bare bottom of the class clown?

More like how to fight your way out a busy chippy at closing time whilst wearing a shitey shiny shellsuit and keep your battered sausage supper intact.

At least he's got some experience of that.

Lord Beni of Gorgie

Think it will be Inverness and Cowdenbeath at home Cove and Raith away 

29 minutes ago, Dannie Boy said:

Just catching up on this thread and this really made me laugh 

:laugh:

Glad to be of service :)

3 hours ago, Selkirkhmfc1874 said:

Behave yourself , fearing Inverness and raith rovers? That's embarrassing 

Pretty sure Paolo was being a tad sarcastic.

Could be wrong like :)

I assume those who are unhappy at the prospect of Caley away on a Tuesday night are relieved we didn't qualify for Europe ?

What a logistical nightmare that would have been.

been here before
8 hours ago, dumpson said:

I assume those who are unhappy at the prospect of Caley away on a Tuesday night are relieved we didn't qualify for Europe ?

Aye thats the reason, its the logistics of getting to Inverness that folk dont fancy. Because a European jolly is comparable to dragging your arse on a 300 mile round trip to somewhere youve been loads of times before on a Tuesday night, getting home in the early hours of Wednesday with perhaps work the next morning.

Harry Potter
11 hours ago, MacDonald Jardine said:

Me too and I'm not in a rush to go back.

Hopefully the Cove game is a Saturday. 

The mighty Cove, wonder if they have a stand , maybe railway sleepers with a well cut hedge:huh2:.

Escobar PHM
11 hours ago, dumpson said:

You can get to any number of European cities almost as easy and quick and cheaply as you can get to Inverness 

Edited by Escobar PHM

Last season the fixtures came out pretty early but if I remember correctly elgin or peterhead Messer around with tickets that it was the Friday before the game (Tuesday night) that information was released 

I wouldn’t mind a trip to either cove or Inverness because I’ve been to Raith more than I care to admit And Cowdenbeath is a hole but feel it would be better to have ICT at home 

but cove would be a chance to tick a new ground off, either if their new ground is ready or wherever highland league team they swap it to

davemclaren

I should actually get to see a game or two in this tournament this summer. I was in North America missing all the fun last year

drumie jambo
2 hours ago, Harry Potter said:

The mighty Cove, wonder if they have a stand , maybe railway sleepers with a well cut hedge:huh2:.

Think it's a new stadium.Sure Aberdeen play development matches there. Might be wrong though.

been here before
1 hour ago, BM1874 said:

Last season the fixtures came out pretty early but if I remember correctly elgin or peterhead Messer around with tickets that it was the Friday before the game (Tuesday night) that information was released 

Elgin I think it was. Could only buy a ticket once you were up there.

Even though Ive still got it, I cant remember getting a Peterhead ticket.

ford donald
7 minutes ago, drumie jambo said:

Think it's a new stadium.Sure Aberdeen play development matches there. Might be wrong though.

Yes they have a new stadium in Aberdeen.

Lord Beni of Gorgie

Cove have been playing at Inverurie mostly until the new Balmoral Stadium opens. Don't know the date.

Great fixtures for us in the North. GIRUY :lol:

Guest Paul Allen
14 hours ago, dumpson said:

Yeah a European jolly is totally comparable to Inverness and Cove Rangers mate. :lol:

18 minutes ago, Sir Gio said:

Cove have been playing at Inverurie mostly until the new Balmoral Stadium opens. Don't know the date.

Great fixtures for us in the North. GIRUY :lol:

Decent travel options from civilisation too though 

4 hours ago, Harry Potter said:

IMG_20180526_132530.jpg

Maroon Sailor
18 minutes ago, Harry Potter said:

Cheers , lego seats , i had to say it.:laugh:.

My first impression as well - 4 blue lego blocks

Just now, Maroon Sailor said:

My first impression as well - 4 blue lego blocks

Windows might suggest a hospitality section?

5 hours ago, davemclaren said:

I should actually get to see a game or two in this tournament this summer. I was in North America missing all the fun last year

It was far from fun.

Lord Beni of Gorgie
1 hour ago, JackLadd said:

Ironic this mob are on the outskirts of Aberdeen. Balmoral Stadium...:yucky:

Balmoral is a well known and respected company near Cove

Saturday games vs Caley at home and Cove away and midweek vs Raith away and Cowden at home would be perfect.

Edited by Locky

Tommy Brown
7 hours ago, Harry Potter said:

Cheers , lego seats , i had to say it.:laugh:.

At least they are in on time :ninja:

Captain America
On 25/05/2018 at 18:56, jambodavie said:

If we only open one stand for the games, as per last season, I’m guessing that it will be the main stand as opposed to  Wheatfield this time, so first chance for me to sample the new stand.

All 3 stands were used last season ( definitely were in East Fife game anyway )

Roseburn did only have away fans but Wheatfield and Roseburn had home fans. 

Any ideas on when the fixtures will be announced?  I am going up to Edinburgh for a week but might extend it by a couple of days depending on when the Hearts matches are.