The manual:

Coco

Not how to have a number 1 the easy way.

But the manual on how VR should restructure his involvement in and the football club itself. 'Heart to Heart: The anatomy of a football club' (published 1988).

It is all written down for him by Wallace Mercer and Mike Aitken. Lays out the roles of chairman, board members, football club staff, football management, sponsors, players so that they all pull in same direction. Trading profitably, treating players, management, the Chairman and the supporters all with the necessary respect, investment and sale of players, recognition of the great history of Hearts. It is all there.

I read it again over the last couple of nights. Very good read - and so many ideas which have stood the test of time.

Seymour M Hersh
Not how to have a number 1 the easy way.

But the manual on how VR should restructure his involvement in and the football club itself. 'Heart to Heart: The anatomy of a football club' (published 1988).

It is all written down for him by Wallace Mercer and Mike Aitken. Lays out the roles of chairman, board members, football club staff, football management, sponsors, players so that they all pull in same direction. Trading profitably, treating players, management, the Chairman and the supporters all with the necessary respect, investment and sale of players, recognition of the great history of Hearts. It is all there.

I read it again over the last couple of nights. Very good read - and so many ideas which have stood the test of time.

Never read it though the title sounds familiar. Is it still available do you think?

Never read it though the title sounds familiar. Is it still available do you think?

I seem to have lost the copy I had first time around. But picked up a copy on the Abebooks.co.uk site a few weeks ago for a couple of pounds. Just had a look and there are copies on there for a few pounds.:)

It is a nostalgic read, but there are lessons there which could be learned in the current situation.

Gigolo-Aunt

Slightly off topic...

Did the KLF not release a book called "How to get a number one single"

They also guaranteed your money back if you never got a number one hit.

Hehehehe

Quality.

Archived