19 Points behind

rick witter

1 hour ago, ray- said:

Wallace Mercer came in and invested in Hearts, the Pieman carried it on through loans until he agreed to sell Tynecastle to pay them.  Vlad then used other people's money, this all took in the best part of 32 years and it is no surprise that this is the period that Hearts all but dominated Edinburgh football.  Now hearts have to use their support to generate money, the crowds at Tynecastle and donations are the things that could be the difference unless of course, another benefactor comes in, Hibs have wised up though and with Petrie now in the background,  Hibs are now being run as a professional outfit, I wouldn't expect the next 32 years to go as smoothly [for Hearts] as it had been since WM came on board. 

Ah, the old Hibs theory of now there being a level playing field so it’ll be different?

There wasn’t money in the game 30 odd years ago and we dominated Hibs in derbies and league position. So the theory is bombed out right away.

Robinson came in and was hardly a rich benefactor. 

I take it Hibs have never had money propping them up? Never made an arse of it or were you always the poor wee skint kid?

Don’t think so.

Decisions affect clubs with or without money, our decisions are just poor at the moment.

• Replies 549
  • Created
  • Last Reply
5 hours ago, Debut 4 said:

Ah, the old Hibs theory of now there being a level playing field so it’ll be different?

There wasn’t money in the game 30 odd years ago and we dominated Hibs in derbies and league position. So the theory is bombed out right away.

I take it Hibs have never had money propping them up? Never made an arse of it or were you always the poor wee skint kid?

Don’t think so.

Decisions affect clubs with or without money, our decisions are just poor at the moment.

It's not a theory its a fact, Wallace Mercer put money into Hearts just as Tom Hart did earlier at Hibs, Robinson did it with credit, that's why he almost lost Tynecastle when he was 24 million adrift, Hibs did the same [credit] and pulled in players like Latapy & Sauzee, but Petrie cut back. 

The hearts fans deserve enormous credit for supporting their club the way they did and now both teams are in a great position, [especially with Servco struggling and Aberdeen's crowds lower than the Edinburgh team's].  Hearts position will get better when the new stand is fully completed, although they do have a bit of catching up to do on the field, the medium-longer term, Hibs will be the same when they fully pay off Farmer & HSL has a long way to go to catch up with hearts fans donations, although the money collected at Hibs currently goes to the team & the Hearts donations won't be paying back Budgie and the stand forever.  IMHO with the infrastructure in place, both clubs have a lot to look forward to.

Hibby at work said today even you must admit that Hibs are the number one team in Edinburgh. I just replied are we basing this over the last 30, 20, 10. 5, 3 or 1 year? Still waiting for an answer

shaun.lawson
7 hours ago, Debut 4 said:

Don’t think so.

Ray's right. Hearts started losing money under Mercer, then lost a lot more under Robinson (2m in the Cup-winning season, even before our disastrous mishandling of the SMG deal torpedoed everything), then took it to a whole new level under Vlad.

As long as we survived, my biggest worry post-administration was always as follows. Would the fans realise that, given we hadn't finished best of the rest while living within our means since the late 80s, it'd be a lot harder to do so consistently under the new owner? To which many would say "so why are you against Levein then?" Answer: I don't expect the Earth, but I do expect something that looks like football.

It's for the very reason above that I was never against Robbie, and always felt he was wildly underappreciated. But we're not as big a club as we often think. And when we realise over a period of years what living within our means truly involves, I think impatience and frustration will grow, and the temptation to overspend will return.

Eldar Hadzimehmedovic
21 minutes ago, shaun.lawson said:

Ray's right. Hearts started losing money under Mercer, then lost a lot more under Robinson (2m in the Cup-winning season, even before our disastrous mishandling of the SMG deal torpedoed everything), then took it to a whole new level under Vlad.

As long as we survived, my biggest worry post-administration was always as follows. Would the fans realise that, given we hadn't finished best of the rest while living within our means since the late 80s, it'd be a lot harder to do so consistently under the new owner? To which many would say "so why are you against Levein then?" Answer: I don't expect the Earth, but I do expect something that looks like football.

It's for the very reason above that I was never against Robbie, and always felt he was wildly underappreciated. But we're not as big a club as we often think. And when we realise over a period of years what living within our means truly involves, I think impatience and frustration will grow, and the temptation to overspend will return.

Agree, although it's not just about league placing. It's about having hope and belief that even against the odds we might achieve something. That's huge to football fans imo. Levein's philosophy is most evident and damaging for me in cups, which are, for Hearts, imo, more important. His cautious approach has led to an indescribably bad Cup record at Hearts and if fans see signs of that ever changing they'll need to point them out to me. 

Eldar Hadzimehmedovic

Interesting stat regarding Levein's "natural order" jibe:

Hearts win% under Levein before jibe - 33%

Hearts win% since jibe - 35%

Hibs win% since Levein took over Hearts up to jibe - 40%

Hibs win% since jibe - 69%

Is it fair to say we lit a fuse up their arse?

Bazzas right boot

None will agree but the gap isn't that big.

There shouldn't be a gap at all, and I do not think for a minute that the gap will be there season after season.

However, for context.

Hibs beat us twice at thier gaff.

Next year we'll have them twice at home  before the split, we can reverse that, we have done in the past and despite them having a better record than normal v us in the past few years ( helped by them avoiding us in the league for two years), they have still been shite at Tyne castle. We can reverse this. if we do that would be 12 points.

We won't play two games at Murray field next year so add on another 3 for they two losses there.

That leaves 4 points.

Take your pick from Hamilton with ten men, Motherwell last minute equaliser and RC/ Thistle being in control but being piss poor up front and not finishing

Hardly pant wetting, light years behind as some would believe.

Hibs are losing their two best players, we will improve as we will have at least 9 new players.

Aberdeen will also lose Christie, Killie losing at least their main midfielder.

It is all down to our recruitment.

That's 19 points on Hibs and I haven't even bothered about improving our away form that 9 new players and a full preseason without boy wonder will bring.

We'll catch hibs relatively easy, Aberdeen and Rangers might be more difficult.

Hibs are having a decent season, but will lose their two best players, poor results will have an effect ( just a positive results do) their confidence will crash, Lennon will go Killer clown Crazy and they'll be protests for change by Xmas.

Hibs are shite. Every dog as their day, ICT, Motherwell, Killie and even hibs. 

Dinnae panic, even the maths say it.

11 hours ago, Debut 4 said:

First thoughts are Hearts have had more good seasons. So I disagree with you there. 

You could say Hearts have a trend of 2,3 good seasons then dip for one but if the record long term is 2 poor in 6,7 seasons it’s not bad.

But what we deem a poor season can be relative to the conditions at the time or because we expect a high standard. I think most Hearts fans can handle 4th place but once we start going lower the rumblings start. 

However, it’s always about trying to improve and not accept where you are.

Past 26 seasons (I left out the championship season) 

2nd, 5th, 7th, 6th, 4th, 4th, 3rd, 6th, 3rd, 5th, 5th, 3rd, 3rd, 5th, 2nd, 4th, 8th, 3rd, 6th, 3rd, 5th, 10th, 12th, 3rd, 5th 

13 finishes at 5th or less

12 finishes at 4th or better

So its a 50/50 on good v shite and you can chuck in the cup wins but they came in good league years. 

I agree with your last point but as I've shown, its been a mixed bag for as long as I can remember. 

2 hours ago, shaun.lawson said:

The point was , and as all Hibs fans are doing right now, is they feel the playing field is even now because big bad Hearts don't have Vlad. You don't live here amongst it Shaun.

They forget the shit they got in due to mismanagement of money with Duff and Gray and went cap in hand to Wallace to save them.

Moral of the the story is, we pumped Hibs when players were getting 500 quid a week. Big cheating Hearts weren't always propped up with big bucks.

shaun.lawson
6 minutes ago, Debut 4 said:

Big cheating Hearts weren't always propped up with big bucks.

That's correct of course. But now I'm seeing regular accusations on here that big, er, I mean medium sized cheating Hibs are propped up with big bucks too. Which is it? 

When they last had a side this good - 2000/1 - you could see it was all gonna go Hibs shaped pretty fast. Ageing, expensive, short term, like an ersatz recreation of us in JJ's last couple of years first time round. But now? I'm not seeing it I'm afraid - albeit, their accounts might prove otherwise. 

Beyond that: other than when they wind you up, as Hearts fans wind Hibs fans up too, I'm really struggling to imagine Hibs fans not remembering what happened under Duff and Gray - because their survival is a huge part of their fanbase's identity. Especially whenever they play us. When, y'know, they even sing horrible songs about our former owner. 

14 minutes ago, The Brow said:

Past 26 seasons (I left out the championship season) 

2nd, 5th, 7th, 6th, 4th, 4th, 3rd, 6th, 3rd, 5th, 5th, 3rd, 3rd, 5th, 2nd, 4th, 8th, 3rd, 6th, 3rd, 5th, 10th, 12th, 3rd, 5th 

13 finishes at 5th or less

12 finishes at 4th or better

So its a 50/50 on good v shite and you can chuck in the cup wins but they came in good league years. 

I agree with your last point but as I've shown, its been a mixed bag for as long as I can remember. 

Keep going further back and throw in Alex MacDonald's record from 86 onwards.

The dip tends to come when the current manager has had his day. The McLean days were probably the single worst period from start to finish. The mid noughties brought the wonderful 2006 season but those erratic days of Vlad no doubt disrupted any consistency we dreamt of.

JJs steady improvement was impressive but the memorable 1998 season ramped up the expectancy and no one predicted a 6th place finish the following season. But quickly back to third thereafter.  On the whole, a good period.

Our quickness and desire to reference the past when it comes to Hibs plays a huge part on why we are falling behind them. They comfortably beat us at Easter Road “5-1 but haha get it up ye”. They go 9 games without defeat against us, whilst being a league below us “22 in a row but hahahaha get it up ye”. Sitting 19 points behind them with no winnable games in front of us “better over all derby record hahahaha get it up ye”. It’s like rangers fans constantly bringing up the most successful club patter. The only people that same to care about that are Rangers fans. Am sure no celtic fan yesterday went “aye today is class, as have been the last 7 years but they’ve got 53 titles”. It’s the same with hibs fans, footballs about now and what’s happening on the park. They are light years ahead and it scares me to death because we seem happy to accept it because history is on our side. I’ve seen nothing in the past 3 years to think that we are doing anything other than going backwards. It’s okay tho because 5 years ago we almost died. They have a better manager with a better desire to win. He claimed Hibs wouod insight 2nd before a ball was kicked, he’s 3 games away from being right. We are spouting that we are a club with top 4 ambitions. Embarrassing. It’s cool tho, this transfer window will fix all the problems.

5-1, 4-0, 22 in a row FTH!! 

shaun.lawson
2 hours ago, busby1985 said:

Our quickness and desire to reference the past when it comes to Hibs plays a huge part on why we are falling behind them. They comfortably beat us at Easter Road “5-1 but haha get it up ye”. They go 9 games without defeat against us, whilst being a league below us “22 in a row but hahahaha get it up ye”. Sitting 19 points behind them with no winnable games in front of us “better over all derby record hahahaha get it up ye”. It’s like rangers fans constantly bringing up the most successful club patter. The only people that same to care about that are Rangers fans. Am sure no celtic fan yesterday went “aye today is class, as have been the last 7 years but they’ve got 53 titles”. It’s the same with hibs fans, footballs about now and what’s happening on the park. They are light years ahead and it scares me to death because we seem happy to accept it because history is on our side. I’ve seen nothing in the past 3 years to think that we are doing anything other than going backwards. It’s okay tho because 5 years ago we almost died. They have a better manager with a better desire to win. He claimed Hibs wouod insight 2nd before a ball was kicked, he’s 3 games away from being right. We are spouting that we are a club with top 4 ambitions. Embarrassing. It’s cool tho, this transfer window will fix all the problems.

I don't agree with 'light years'; I certainly agree with the rest. I'm not gonna say what it reminds of all too clearly, because I don't wanna tempt fate ahead of the derby. So just for once, I'll keep shtum and hope I'm wrong. :zip:

Based on the last century or so it is clear that two or three times, Hibs are better than us for 2 or 3 years.  At all other times they are firmly in our shadow.

The scary bit of that is they could hold the upper hand for another couple of years.

Doubt it though.

NANOJAMBO
6 hours ago, busby1985 said:

I get the sentiment but not the words. Things is , on here , it was all about getting back to Tynecastle, Hibs are crap type patter. Now that hasn't worked , and Hibs are even better than at the start of the season, it's all about how Hibs will lose all their best players etc (quite how Hibs losing players makes Hearts any better escapes me).  Some people deluded themselves , some seem to cling to it like a comfort blanket in times of strife. And as you say , it's all about "next transfer window" as though this regime has any kind of track record in the transfer market. That will fail and then  it will be , well we didn't have cash for quality because we had to install a new pitch....... and so it goes, until the penny drops. 

Levein's N

Hibs are an irrelevance.  Instead of throwing games against Rangers and Aberdeen, simply in order to prevent Hibs being second or third, we should be concentrating on  trying to improve our points total from last season.  

4 hours ago, Kiwidoug said:

Based on the last century or so it is clear that two or three times, Hibs are better than us for 2 or 3 years.  At all other times they are firmly in our shadow.

The scary bit of that is they could hold the upper hand for another couple of years.

Doubt it though.

Your clarity seemed to have overlooked the period from the mid-sixties to the early eighties, when, between Hearts winning on NY's day, 1966, coming back from 0-2 down at half-time, to beat Hibs 3-2 and their 3-2 victory in September 1983, close to 17 years between those periods, Hearts won three times.  Going before that during the period you mentioned, Hibs dominated the twenties, the thirties were Hearts until 1938 and the next ten years was Hibs, after the war until after the period Hibs were winning the league, it was fairly even, maybe Hearts shading it and then Hearts dominated until the mid-sixties.  So basically there was very little substance in what you said until the period we all know about.   

6 minutes ago, ray- said:

Your clarity seemed to have overlooked the period from the mid-sixties to the early eighties, when, between Hearts winning on NY's day, 1966, coming back from 0-2 down at half-time, to beat Hibs 3-2 and their 3-2 victory in September 1983, close to 17 years between those periods, Hearts won three times.  Going before that during the period you mentioned, Hibs dominated the twenties, the thirties were Hearts until 1938 and the next ten years was Hibs, after the war until after the period Hibs were winning the league, it was fairly even, maybe Hearts shading it and then Hearts dominated until the mid-sixties.  So basically there was very little substance in what you said until the period we all know about.   

Boston Hibby will be proud of you.

1 hour ago, Levein's N said:

Hibs are an irrelevance.  Instead of throwing games against Rangers and Aberdeen, simply in order to prevent Hibs being second or third, we should be concentrating on  trying to improve our points total from last season.  

:facepalm:

rick witter
10 hours ago, WeeChuck'sHeed said:

There shouldn't be a gap at all, and I do not think for a minute that the gap will be there season after season.

However, for context.

Next year we'll have them twice at home  before the split, we can reverse that, we have done in the past and despite them having a better record than normal v us in the past few years ( helped by them avoiding us in the league for two years), they have still been shite at Tyne castle. We can reverse this. if we do that would be 12 points.

We won't play two games at Murray field next year so add on another 3 for they two losses there.

That leaves 4 points.

Take your pick from Hamilton with ten men, Motherwell last minute equaliser and RC/ Thistle being in control but being piss poor up front and not finishing

Hibs are losing their two best players, we will improve as we will have at least 9 new players.

That's 19 points on Hibs and I haven't even bothered about improving our away form that 9 new players and a full preseason without boy wonder will bring.

Hibs are having a decent season, but will lose their two best players, poor results will have an effect ( just a positive results do) their confidence will crash, Lennon will go Killer clown Crazy and they'll be protests for change by Xmas.

What a lot of pish!!! 

What players are we winning all these extra games with?? Let’s wait until we see both squads at the start of the season before suggesting we will Easily catch Hibs. 

4 minutes ago, rick witter said:

What a lot of pish!!! 

What players are we winning all these extra games with?? Let’s wait until we see both squads at the start of the season before suggesting we will Easily catch Hibs. 

It's utter shite alright. Tosh is convinced that we simply get to end of the season and there is a miraculous overhaul of players and all of our woes are solved in one movement. All of which will be overseen by the same man who has ratified all transfers inwards and outwards in the last 4 years and who's two permanent signings as permanent manager are Danny Amankwaa and Ross Callachan 

Reasons to be cheerful  

Nookie Bear
10 hours ago, WeeChuck'sHeed said:

However, for context.

That leaves 4 points.

Wow. Talk about blind faith. 

Good luck with that :mellow:

Bazzas right boot
13 minutes ago, rick witter said:

What a lot of pish!!! 

of course, it is dependent on our transfer window and to a lesser extent theirs.

my post is a little sarcastic, the point being that the gap isn't as big as some think and can be closed, imo easily. in This case CL reversing the damage by cathro by getting a better and maybe more importantly a more balanced squad to start the season with.

highlandjambo3
On 28/04/2018 at 16:45, rick witter said:

As the title says. 19 points behind Hibs and 22 points behind Aberdeen!!! How on earth have we allowed this to happen. We are absolutely miles behind both teams. 

You are correct........ we are absolutely miles behind both teams.  This season was no fluke or bad luck.

The Treasurer
On ‎29‎/‎04‎/‎2018 at 15:34, John Findlay said:

I survived the 70s. I'll survive season 2017-18 and beyond.

Well said John.

Those saying this is the worst Hearts team they've ever seen (or words to that effect) clearly weren't around in those dark days.

I've watched us since the 60's. In that time there has been a few occasions when we've finished well behind the wee team. It happens from time to time.

The Treasurer
2 minutes ago, highlandjambo3 said:

You are correct........ we are absolutely miles behind both teams.  This season was no fluke or bad luck.

In terms of injuries I'd say we've had a lot of bad luck.

This is by no means the only reason for our poor season, but it's certainly a factor.

highlandjambo3
4 minutes ago, The Treasurer said:

In terms of injuries I'd say we've had a lot of bad luck.

This is by no means the only reason for our poor season, but it's certainly a factor.

You are also correct..............and that will continue to happen so long as thugs like Brown are allowed to assault boys like Harry and get away with it.

TexasAndy

So Hibs finish us above for the first time since the relegation season (we had 15 pt deduction).    No big drama.  

The Treasurer
Just now, highlandjambo3 said:

You are also correct..............and that will continue to happen so long as thugs like Brown are allowed to assault boys like Harry and get away with it.

True but I also think our overall lack of fitness contributes to some of the injuries we've picked up.

It's been widely reported that Cathro spent too much time working on his baffling "tactics" in pre-season rather than getting the players in peak condition.

Even Levein's biggest critics have to acknowledge that this won't be the case this time round.

JimKongUno
11 hours ago, Eldar Hadzimehmedovic said:

Interesting stat regarding Levein's "natural order" jibe:

Hearts win% under Levein before jibe - 33%

Hearts win% since jibe - 35%

Hibs win% since Levein took over Hearts up to jibe - 40%

Hibs win% since jibe - 69%

Is it fair to say we lit a fuse up their arse?

Possibly but also factor in that they emptied Stokes and that ginger donkey and brought in Allan and those 2 strikers at the same time as the jibe .

busby1985
5 hours ago, NANOJAMBO said:

I get the sentiment but not the words. Things is , on here , it was all about getting back to Tynecastle, Hibs are crap type patter. Now that hasn't worked , and Hibs are even better than at the start of the season, it's all about how Hibs will lose all their best players etc (quite how Hibs losing players makes Hearts any better escapes me).  Some people deluded themselves , some seem to cling to it like a comfort blanket in times of strife. And as you say , it's all about "next transfer window" as though this regime has any kind of track record in the transfer market. That will fail and then  it will be , well we didn't have cash for quality because we had to install a new pitch....... and so it goes, until the penny drops. 

I agree. The penny won’t drop till November when we’ve been patched out the league cup and started the season poorly. I can all ready see how next season is gonna pan out, we have previous with it. We’ve signed Steven MacLean, hes averaged less than 8 goals every season of his career, he’s 36 and his legs don’t work, still be better than hibs front 2 tho, according to most on here. When Jamie McLaren picked them over us everyone laughed at his lack of ambition. He’s scored goals for fun and has pretty much secured his place on the plane to the World Cup, do you think he’d have done that here? If McGinn goes to Celtic, they’ll get Allen in the deal and he’s better than every midfielder we have at the club. It makes no sense this “hibs will lose all their best players patter”. Lennons success in the transfer window also makes that patter even more embarrassing. They signed McLaren and Kamberi, we brought in Naismith. Right now I’d drive Naismith back down to norwich myself he’s been that bad. Hibs are looking at bringing in Crawford and we are looking to bring in a boy that can’t cut it at caley. Hibs youth team have just won the league and cup double but our youngsters are better? We can’t see what’s right in front of our faces sometimes. Our mentality on and off the pitch is all wrong. The marketing of the club reminds me of Terry butchers green and white army patter when hibs where going down. Totally out of touch with the feeling amongst the fans.  Teams pumped 2 nil easily away from home and the clubs on social media reminding us about he ticket office opening times. The club would rather make videos encouraging people to buy Gorgie live tickets than actual match tickets. Getting Gary Locke to talk about the great laughs it’s gonna be and the nice food on offer, it’s mental. Then we have the football side of the business. The moneyball idea hasn’t worked in terms of our transfer policy. Tony Watt, Sammon, Kenny Anderson, El hass, Adibola, Naismith, Hughes, Smith, the full Cathro transfer window all brought in with the idea that we could fix them and get the best out them then sell them on. All turned out to be huge wastes of money. Martin on a 3 year deal? Now we’ve signed two strikers who don’t score goals and trying to bring in a winger not good enough for the championship, how can people think next season is getting better? Hughes is in line for a contract extension swell, he’s been brutal, who cares what he’s like in the changing room for the young boys, he’s damaging their confidence on the park by being rank rotten. File Cowie into the same bracket. For two seasons ive heard how Cowie is good player and gives his all, he’s pony and does literally nothing other than run about. I know you disagree but I stand by my statement that they are light years ahead of us, as it stands now. 

3 hours ago, TexasAndy said:

So Hibs finish us above for the first time since the relegation season (we had 15 pt deduction).    No big drama.  

Yeh sweep it under the carpet.......nothing to see here!

Nookie Bear

It's not really about how far we have dropped behind hibs and aberdeen, it's about how far below our potential we are right now.

4 minutes ago, Nookie Bear said:

It's not really about how far we have dropped behind hibs and aberdeen, it's about how far below our potential we are right now.

Yep, we need to improve by our own standards instead of using shite like HIbs and Aberdeen as yardsticks. They are good performing teams but if we get our own house in order we will be up there with them.

I didn't get the seethe after the Aberdeen game. Absolutely nothing had changed between that and Ibrox. We know our shortcomings, the manager and players know our shortcomings. To expect things to change within 6 days is just fanciful. We need to regroup at pre-season.

This season has been pretty shite. We are unbeaten at Tynecastle though so if we can continue that form next season and adopt a fresh mentality towards away fixtures we will do just fine. 

Levein's N
5 hours ago, Levein's N said:

4 hours ago, Spencer said:

:facepalm:

I anticipate that our lacklustre performances so far post-split will be continued whether home or away, with the exception of the derby, where we will put up a real fight.  My only explanation for this is that the Hibs game means something to the team which the other games do not - even though you would have thought professional pride meant giving it a go right up until the end of the season. But then a good performance against any of the other top 6 teams is likely only to benefit Hibs, and I say that is one reason why we are unlikely to see such a performance. 

All roads lead to Gorgie
8 minutes ago, Levein's N said:

I anticipate that our lacklustre performances so far post-split will be continued whether home or away, with the exception of the derby, where we will put up a real fight.  My only explanation for this is that the Hibs game means something to the team which the other games do not - even though you would have thought professional pride meant giving it a go right up until the end of the season. But then a good performance against any of the other top 6 teams is likely only to benefit Hibs, and I say that is one reason why we are unlikely to see such a performance. 

We didn't throw games, that's nonsense, we lost because we are behind those teams in terms of quality. That is something we have brought on ourselves by bad recruitment. Throwing games to stop hibs :jj_facepalm:

Hibs should never be 19 points clear of us, it's a total disgrace and the people running our club should be held accountable.

We laugh at rangers for being a shambles right now but they are still a million miles ahead of us.  The past couple of seasons have been abject failure, budge and Levein deserve criticism for that as we are well behind where we should be if we had competent people in charge.

frankblack
17 minutes ago, Homme said:

Yep, we need to improve by our own standards instead of using shite like HIbs and Aberdeen as yardsticks. They are good performing teams but if we get our own house in order we will be up there with them.

I didn't get the seethe after the Aberdeen game. Absolutely nothing had changed between that and Ibrox. We know our shortcomings, the manager and players know our shortcomings. To expect things to change within 6 days is just fanciful. We need to regroup at pre-season.

This season has been pretty shite. We are unbeaten at Tynecastle though so if we can continue that form next season and adopt a fresh mentality towards away fixtures we will do just fine. 

Good post.  Sadly there are some halfwits who think that the results of the Celtic and Hibs games will help them get rid of Levein when it will not even be a consideration at a time when rebuilding has begun.

TexasAndy
30 minutes ago, Thomaso said:

Yeh sweep it under the carpet.......nothing to see here!

We are having a crap season they are having a good season.  It happens sometimes.  Why all the drama?

Bazzas right boot
6 minutes ago, TexasAndy said:

We are having a crap season they are having a good season.  It happens sometimes.  Why all the drama?

nah, it's the first time ever this has happened. Ever.

All CL's fault.

10 minutes ago, TexasAndy said:

The drama stems from people thinking Neil Lennon is the messiah and CL is not good enough to lace his boots.

9 minutes ago, WeeChuck'sHeed said:

nah, it's the first time ever this has happened. Ever.

All CL's fault.

Apologist post 

Bazzas right boot
9 minutes ago, Spencer said:

Apologist post 

It's true tho, first time it has happened, ever. 

frankblack
14 minutes ago, Rents said:

The drama stems from people thinking Neil Lennon is the messiah and CL is not good enough to lace his boots.

I think it happened last time Hibs got promoted with Alex McLeish - they got their first season bounce and eventually fell back in coming seasons before getting relegated again.

History tells us that Hibs wil be back down where they belong in the Championship in the near future.

MikeySimpson
On 29/04/2018 at 14:51, WeeChuck'sHeed said:

lol, nae bother.

I can tell the future.

Our Craig will have Lennon heading for his meds next year as he owns his arse.

1 comment turned him into a slavering goon, wait until his team skelps his a few times as well next year and hibs fall back.

When Lennon said (almost exactly a year ago) that his side were the second best team in Scotland, people were falling over themselves laughing on here. Now, he’s within three games of ensuring that is true, having won the majority of “big games” this season and adding shrewdly in January.

If you want to keep pretending this will change overnight because of “history” or “cycles” then be my guest, the rest of us will try to figure out a way to reverse this rot our club finds itself in.

As I say, we have switched roles with Hibs. We tested on our laurels, we still go on about the Championship-winning season (as great as it was) and Hibs taking three years to come up as if any of them will now care

Mars plastic
25 minutes ago, Rents said:

Trousers removed in two derbies, lucky not to be three, and 19 points in front would suggest that very much being the case.

MikeySimpson
21 minutes ago, frankblack said:

I think it happened last time Hibs got promoted with Alex McLeish - they got their first season bounce and eventually fell back in coming seasons before getting relegated again.

History tells us that Hibs wil be back down where they belong in the Championship in the near future.

I mean it’s just scary how delusional this is.

Why does being a Hearts fan mean some feel they have to blatantly lie about the standing of our rivals? Is it a comfort blanket thing? I cannot get it

23 minutes ago, frankblack said:

You will be disappointed if you are banking on that happening anytime soon. Well ahead of us just now unfortunately 

Zero attempts on target at their dump this season says it all 

frankblack
6 minutes ago, MikeySimpson said:

I mean it’s just scary how delusional this is.

Why does being a Hearts fan mean some feel they have to blatantly lie about the standing of our rivals? Is it a comfort blanket thing? I cannot get it

Dry your eyes and check the record books.

I'm not happy with the current team, but I am realistic over what is needed to fix it unlike you.

frankblack
5 minutes ago, Spencer said:

You will be disappointed if you are banking on that happening anytime soon. Well ahead of us just now unfortunately 

Zero attempts on target at their dump this season says it all 

We will see what happens under Craig Levein next season. :thumbsup:

Archived