So we need a clear out next season AGAIN. :cornette:

Anyone see a pattern here. 

:clyay:

FTH.

• Replies 549
  • Created
  • Last Reply
5 minutes ago, Harry Potter said:

Heres the facts they have finished above us 5 times in the last18 years including this

one, Hearts 12 times above them, relegation season not included, big team rules again.

That just highlights how shocking it is to be that far behind at the moment.

sitting looking back on past seasons instead thinking it will be all okay doesn’t work.  

It’s a disgrace we are ever behind them

in the league let alone so far behind.  Shocking situation. 

JamboGraham
2 minutes ago, Hendricks said:

Delusional. Our support deserve way way better than those in charge are delivering. Historic financial backing, record ST numbers and an abysmal failing product. Aye, it’s the supports fault :rolleyes:

Do you understand what delusional means? Can you genuinely see no correlation between previous actions by elements of our support and where we are now?

In part elements of our support take a share in creating the situation that we find ourselves in now, as do others including Ann Budge and Craig Levein.

I cannot agree that as a support we deserve better, that is just a naive and entitled way of looking at following professional sport. It may be reasonable to expect better, it may be reasonable to hope for better. It is not reasonable think that we deserve better.

Just now, maroonlegions said:

FTH.

We’ll then need to make big changes next January.

1 minute ago, maroonlegions said:

FTH.

No, just keep it like it is.  Worked for Cathros experiment after all.  I’m sure you where delighted we kept him as long as we did?  Fingers in ears things will get better with absolutely no basis to it, yeah? 

rick witter

What really gets me is the pish Ann Budge slavered about the high quality number of candidates that wanted the job yet we went with Levein!!! 

Why not just ask Craig was the words I think. 

The fact was we were forced into it because any manager worth his salt would not work under Levein and so to keep himself in a job one way or another it was decided he would take it. You can bet it’s in his contract if no longer the manager he will still be DOF!!! 

He is running the show and it needs sorted

merseyjambo
23 minutes ago, soonbe110 said:

So that’s the ‘Levein out’  poll number XYZ underway and still the majority want to give him time and still you are in the minority. When do you accept democracy and the will of the majority? Are you really suggesting you know better than the majority and that the folk running the club should just do as you say?

Prepared to give him some time at the start of the season is hardly a ringing endorsement of his leadership. They are people who expect better at the start of the season or they are also likely to be questioning if he is the right person for the job.

Think you’ll find that under 15% are prepared to give him the long term.

The question for those who are giving him the start of the season, how long are you prepared to give him. First round of fixtures, first couple of rounds. What are you looking for to convince you that he is the right person in charge

1 minute ago, JamboGraham said:

Do you understand what delusional means? Can you genuinely see no correlation between previous actions by elements of our support and where we are now?

In part elements of our support take a share in creating the situation that we find ourselves in now, as do others including Ann Budge and Craig Levein.

I cannot agree that as a support we deserve better, that is just a naive and entitled way of looking at following professional sport. It may be reasonable to expect better, it may be reasonable to hope for better. It is not reasonable think that we deserve better.

The final paragraph of this is precisely accurate for any supporter of a well adjusted mind.     Absolutely bang on and the only rational,  practical way to support a team.

Being self-entitled is for supporters of certain other clubs.

13 minutes ago, Hearts1975 said:

I was arguing the points above as a fellow poster suggested that they might overtake us in support terms 

Yours is a different question 

You have to agree that if we are complacent, they could match us. If they sell more season tickets than us it shows that something is wrong. They rarely do unless we are getting things wrong.  If we have a bigger fan base than them but they are selling more season tickets, what's that telling you?  Fans aren't happy with how things are.  Are we honestly going to see six or seven new players who are going to improve us in the starting line up next season?  If McLean is one of the new faces ready to start, I'm genuinely worried.  

Seymour M Hersh
1 hour ago, rick witter said:

As the title says. 19 points behind Hibs and 22 points behind Aberdeen!!! How on earth have we allowed this to happen. We are absolutely miles behind both teams. 

See when it really mattered we were 21 points ahead. Think about that. We all know this season has been awful for us and they've had a once in a blue moon season. Wow so they get to some pre, pre qualifying round in Europe! Whoopee! When we needed back in the top league we did the business at the first time of asking not the third! . 

merseyjambo
8 minutes ago, JamboGraham said:

From a personal perspective, my ‘we deserve better’ is not all about expecting to win every week or expecting to get to finals or semi finals. As a Hearts fan, I’ve come to expect that getting to the last 4 of one of the major cups is great but it’s not something I expect every year.

What I do expect is for my team to make sure the opposition know they have been in a game and had to play better than us and fight harder than us to get the win. Something that has been lacking over the last 2 years. We have barely laid a glove on some teams away from home this year. That is not the Hearts I was brought up following.

Enzo Chiefo
8 minutes ago, rick witter said:

What really gets me is the pish Ann Budge slavered about the high quality number of candidates that wanted the job yet we went with Levein!!! 

Why not just ask Craig was the words I think. 

The fact was we were forced into it because any manager worth his salt would not work under Levein and so to keep himself in a job one way or another it was decided he would take it. You can bet it’s in his contract if no longer the manager he will still be DOF!!! 

He is running the show and it needs sorted

Rick, i believe that another candidate was offered and accepted the job until CL intervened and started imposing stipulations that resulted in the other candidate eventually turning it down.  The whole process was a farce.

1 minute ago, Seymour M Hersh said:

See when it really mattered we were 21 points ahead. Think about that. We all know this season has been awful for us and they've had a once in a blue moon season. Wow so they get to some pre, pre qualifying round in Europe! Whoopee! When we needed back in the top league we did the business at the first time of asking not the third! . 

When it really mattered in what aspects? Every season matters.  When it really mattered we finished 21 ahead of them, how has that worked out on the grand scheme of things? Something to clutch onto having had 1 good season since? 

35 minutes ago, Hearts1975 said:

What's not the reality Jake? 

They won a big cup that they shat out their arse for over 100 years 

they have been brilliant this season, according to some, but they have still won hee haw 

they get an extra few numbers because of the above and folk think they might overtake us in a support capacity ?

if that was the case where were all these young rats in previous years that have started jumping out the woodwork the last 2 years 

the minute they start being yak on the pitch again watch them all become magicians and disappear overnight 

FTH - we might be shite at the moment but won't stop me from calling them out for what they really are - a wee team with a wee support who eventually won a big cup (way hay - what took you so long ya bunch of vermin ***** muppets) 

I'm in with that buddy.

9 minutes ago, Victorian said:

The final paragraph of this is precisely accurate for any supporter of a well adjusted mind.     Absolutely bang on and the only rational,  practical way to support a team.

Being self-entitled is for supporters of certain other clubs.

So you don’t agree put away support deserve better than the utter shite served up this season? 

Harry Potter
18 minutes ago, Juanjo15 said:

That just highlights how shocking it is to be that far behind at the moment.

sitting looking back on past seasons instead thinking it will be all okay doesn’t work.  

It’s a disgrace we are ever behind them

in the league let alone so far behind.  Shocking situation. 

Hopefully get it all sorted next season, midfield is a must fix quick , thats where the problems are.

1 hour ago, rick witter said:

I think the point is a fair one. Not just about the manager but the club as a whole. We seem to be in decline year on year and need to put a stop to it. 

The statement above is the sort of shite I would expect a Hobo to be coming out with... in what way is the CLUB as a whole in decline? The club is in fact in rude health and on the up not decline so you can bolt to sisterlovers.net where you belong

3 minutes ago, Juanjo15 said:

So you don’t agree put away support deserve better than the utter shite served up this season? 

Correct.    The support should expect much better performance of the football club.     Better is a reasonable expectation.      We deserve few things.     We are entitled to even fewer.

Just now, Harry Potter said:

Hopefully get it all sorted next season, midfield is a must fix quick , thats where the problems are.

Heres hoping like.  

1 minute ago, Elmore said:

You have to agree that if we are complacent, they could match us. If they sell more season tickets than us it shows that something is wrong. They rarely do unless we are getting things wrong.  If we have a bigger fan base than them but they are selling more season tickets, what's that telling you?  Fans aren't happy with how things are.  Are we honestly going to see six or seven new players who are going to improve us in the starting line up next season?  If McLean is one of the new faces ready to start, I'm genuinely worried.  

It's the only way they would match us is when we are shit and they are above us for ST's. Fan base, never .. historically we have had the bigger attendances 3rd each year, don't know how far back u would need to go to find us below that 

they might be closing a st gap on us at the moment but when they fall away so will their support - by all accounts and considering the way we are playing we are still holding our attendances relatively well - as I said earlier when they don't do well they bring in around 11-12k 

whats it telling me ? In simple terms we need to get our stuff together and get the right players in ... I think the lad from Cambridge will surprise everybody in a good way, I wasn't exactly jumping for joy with McLean but u never know - Mulraney, might be something a bit different 

you obviously think we are going to bring in 6-7 players who won't be up to it but I think that the ones who will be the bigger signings will come in the transfer window and later on - yes, I'm getting pissed off with the performances but just think there are reasons attached .. we need a much better year next year and performances have to be better - granted 

Cruyff Turn

I think we're all aware that it is beyond unacceptable and a complete joke. 

It is what it is, the facts speak for themselves. 

Just now, Cruyff Turn said:

I think we're all aware that it is beyond unacceptable and a complete joke. 

It is what it is, the facts speak for themselves. 

ANYBODY WHO THINKS HEART of MIDLOTHIAN FOOTBALL CLUB IS IN DECLINE IS ON THE WRONG FORUM... end of... we may have had a poor season but in DECLINE GTF !

2 minutes ago, Des Lynam said:

What has happened to this place? 

Lennon and hibs love in. 

Rancid.

100% correct there Des

54 minutes ago, Hendricks said:

We’ll see how long the loser lasts. 

That will be next season's start at a minimum then.

maroonlegions
27 minutes ago, Juanjo15 said:

No, just keep it like it is.  Worked for Cathros experiment after all.  I’m sure you where delighted we kept him as long as we did?  Fingers in ears things will get better with absolutely no basis to it, yeah? 

:wtfvlad:

Cruyff Turn
1 minute ago, jock _turd said:

ANYBODY WHO THINKS HEART of MIDLOTHIAN FOOTBALL CLUB IS IN DECLINE IS ON THE WRONG FORUM... end of... we may have had a poor season but in DECLINE GTF !

1st, 3rd, 5th, 6th

Nope, no decline. Nothing to see here. 

The only times our fans unite and agree since the Budge era is after the failure of yet again another management team.

1st, 3rd, 5th, 6th

Some people look at the off field stuff rather than the most important which is on it.

Just now, jock _turd said:

100% correct there Des

Thank you Jock.

They are having a decent season no doubt. We should rise to the challenge next year. 

2 minutes ago, jock _turd said:

The team is definitely in decline. It had been for two years.  We have finished lower than the previous season for two years now. Them's the facts. 

1st, 3rd, 5th, 6th

WTF has that to do with the DECLINE of Hearts of Midlothian FC ? I will give you a clue F all the club is on the up because of its real supporters. The team may have been ubder performing  BUT the CLUB is doing fine... and will do as long as the support recognises that what has happened this season is fixable.

chester copperpot
2 hours ago, rick witter said:

As the title says. 19 points behind Hibs and 22 points behind Aberdeen!!! How on earth have we allowed this to happen. We are absolutely miles behind both teams. 

Both results won me a small fortune today.

Swings and roundabouts

Cruyff Turn
Just now, Debut 4 said:

Some people look at the off field stuff rather than the most important which is on it.

Yep, which is all fine and dandy. On the field is the bread and butter.

And if we're not doing well on the field, that will have a knock on effect off the field. Simples. 

Lord Beni of Gorgie

Continuity creates momentum a settled team familiarity and trust. Hibs have that.

We haven't. So let's start all over again. Bound to be the answer. Well the easy lazy one

Yep, which is all fine and dandy. On the field is the bread and butter.

And if we're not doing well on the field, that will have a knock on effect off the field. Simples. 

Well lets take a spin on that shite any season book holder who never travels has yet to see their team beaten this year!! So in theory the will be back for more of that feel good winning stuff at home.

Cruyff Turn
2 minutes ago, jock _turd said:

WTF has that to do with the DECLINE of Hearts of Midlothian FC ? I will give you a clue F all the club is on the up because of its real supporters. The team may have been ubder performing  BUT the CLUB is doing fine... and will do as long as the support recognises that what has happened this season is fixable.

We're not talking about off the park though are we?  

2 hours ago, rick witter said:

Thanks for your continued contribution to this forum its very enlightening.......

HillmanHearts

They do terrific business in the Loan trade I'll give them that.

4 separate on Loan scorers today.

3 minutes ago, amadjambo said:

Where exactly is this Hibs love in that has been mentioned?

You called lennon a winner. 

You are dead to me. 

We're not talking about off the park though are we?  

Then you are not talking about the club but the team. THE CLUB IS NOT IN DECLINE lets just get that right for the record.

Cruyff Turn
4 minutes ago, jock _turd said:

Well lets take a spin on that shite any season book holder who never travels has yet to see their team beaten this year!! So in theory the will be back for more of that feel good winning stuff at home.

We'll see what happens with that, but if you think finishing mid table every season won't have an effect on club finances then your heids up yer erse.

7 minutes ago, jock _turd said:

Oh well. Everything is hunky dory then.

:thumbsup:

42 minutes ago, JamboGraham said:

Completely disagree. 

Cruyff Turn
Just now, jock _turd said:

Then you are not talking about the club but the team. THE CLUB IS NOT IN DECLINE lets just get that right for the record.

I think you'll find that I never said it was. 

MikeySimpson

Hibs came up, “they were pish” because they spent 3 years in the Championship, according to some on here

Hibs started the season well, “we’d catch them by Christmas”, according to some on here

Hibs are now NINETEEN points ahead of us in the table, “the Leith globetrotters are only 4th, some season!”, according to some on here

When are these people going to wake up and smell the ****ing coffee. Comfort blankets all over the shop, it’s pathetic. I don’t care how many seasons we’ve finished above them, to be nearly 20 points behind a Hibs side who have just come up from the Championship and were written off as “shite” by half of our support last year is embarrassing.

It needs changing now, before a season of trailing them turns into a sustained period

Enzo Chiefo
12 minutes ago, Cruyff Turn said:

1st, 3rd, 5th, 6th

I think they call it "Inverted Mathematics", a kind of polytechnic qualification suitable for the most deluded.

I think you'll find that I never said it was. 

Go back to the OP that is what the debate is about!

Archived