What do we do to players?

skinnybob72

skinnybob72

I always remember a comment that a poster made on here a few years ago when Hibs were struggling. It was "East Mains - where skill goes to die.". They had been through a number of players who - on paper - looked decent signings but turned out to be rubbish.

Fast forward a few years and it could be edited to be "Riccarton - where skill goes to die."

Over the last few seasons we have signed a number of players who would appear to have a decent pedigree or have appeared to be exciting signings only for it all to go horribly wrong. Some examples would be Oshaniwa (signing was seen as a bit of a coup), Martin (decent pedigree), Goncalves, Kitchen - even more recently Anankwaa. I'm sure that there are many more I could name. 

What are we doing wrong? Why have we had so many signings who have failed so badly?

Edited by skinnybob72

Over training in the stupid triangle tiki taka shite that Cathro was pushing.

Everything is overthought and the end result is a mess, with nobody knowing what they're supposed to be doing.

We cannot even do the simple, basic footballing skills right any more due to the over-coaching going on.

17 minutes ago, Cade said:

Over training in the stupid triangle tiki taka shite that Cathro was pushing.

Everything is overthought and the end result is a mess, with nobody knowing what they're supposed to be doing.

We cannot even do the simple, basic footballing skills right any more due to the over-coaching going on.

Everything does seem to be over thought and over complicated. Would love to see our players sent out with the instruction to express themselves.

My worry would be the environment any talented youngster with real ability is being honed in.

It seems like football by numbers with us and freedom is at a premium. Why try and tell a good footballer how to play? 

Every players needs a role but not be restricted.