Mulraney to Hearts confirmed ( updated )

CJGJ

Alex Kintner
1 hour ago, Mikey1874 said:

Wonder who else Robbo is interested in. Article mentioned it was more than Beith. 

I reckon one of the younger guys like Henderson or Irvine

• Replies 478
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Pasquale for King

• Nookie Bear

• BobbyJenkins

• Lord Beni of Gorgie

The Internet

Do people base their season ticket renewal/purchase on April signings? Bit odd if so but it seems to be latest craze. 

...a bit disco
6 minutes ago, Mauricio Pinilla said:

Do people base their season ticket renewal/purchase on April signings? Bit odd if so but it seems to be latest craze. 

Makes me look REALLY stupid for renewing on day one then.

:sob:

1 hour ago, Mikey1874 said:

Wonder who else Robbo is interested in. Article mentioned it was more than Beith. 

Sammon I’m guessing

Pasquale for King
6 hours ago, Finlay James said:

Statements like this about a player you know nothing about put holes straight through anything you say.

The 'no mark' and 'carthorse' could well turn out to be stars for us, we just don't know as yet.

What are you basing my knowledge of this guy on? Do you know if I’ve seen him play? Ok have friends who have seen him play? The only person that knows nothing is you, about me that is.

2 hours ago, Mikey1874 said:

He can have his pick off 4 for me 

Martin, Buaben, Callachan, Sammon I'll drive all 4 up there for Robbo

Alex Kintner
22 minutes ago, Pasquale for King said:

What are you basing my knowledge of this guy on? Do you know if I’ve seen him play? Ok have friends who have seen him play? The only person that knows nothing is you, about me that is.

I know you’re an aggressive blowhard who has nothing but negatives to say about everything if that helps :thumbsup:

Edited by Frank1874

colinmaroon
13 hours ago, Pasquale for King said:

I will be disappointed that our manager has wasted money on a carthorse from England, an old man from St Johnstone and another contract for the geriatric cap holder, and a no mark from ICT who by all accounts isn’t as good as Billy King. Milinkovic wants to stay but who would blame him if he didn’t seeing as the manager clearly doesnt trust him even though he’s probably our most creative player?

Oh, well!

Finlay James
4 hours ago, Pasquale for King said:

Using the phrases carthorse and no mark are a bit of a dead giveaway but please enlighten us with your knowledge on 2 players from ICT and Cambridge United.

Pasquale for King
6 hours ago, Finlay James said:

Using the phrases carthorse and no mark are a bit of a dead giveaway but please enlighten us with your knowledge on 2 players from ICT and Cambridge United.

I’ve been over Mulraney in this thread already, he’s worth as much as a player who couldn’t get a game for us in a season that we used 37 players. His stats are worse than Billy Kings and the ICT fans can’t believe we’ve signed him.Hes injury prone and has attitude problems.

I have watched the other guys best bits and read what their fans have said about him, he’s got an awful touch and is poor in the air but works hard and sounds like another Stockton. I didn’t say I seen either, just that you didn’t know if I had. What do you know about them to question my opinion?

Pasquale for King
11 hours ago, Frank1874 said:

I know you’re an aggressive blowhard who has nothing but negatives to say about everything if that helps :thumbsup:

You know extremely little then I’m afraid, not that i was asking you anyway. It’s difficult to be positive about our team just now, especially after another meek surrender tonight, but I’m sure you and the other happy clapping Levein lovers will enlighten me.

Finlay James
5 hours ago, Pasquale for King said:

I’ve been over Mulraney in this thread already, he’s worth as much as a player who couldn’t get a game for us in a season that we used 37 players. His stats are worse than Billy Kings and the ICT fans can’t believe we’ve signed him.Hes injury prone and has attitude problems.

I have watched the other guys best bits and read what their fans have said about him, he’s got an awful touch and is poor in the air but works hard and sounds like another Stockton. I didn’t say I seen either, just that you didn’t know if I had. What do you know about them to question my opinion?

I know as much as you, nothing, hence why I'm happy to give these guys a chance and not write them off based on Internet forum opinions or you tube compilations.  We have after all signed them for their potential, not because they are the finished article.

They may turn out to be duds, maybe not but we can't write them off.

Pasquale for King
3 hours ago, Finlay James said:

I know as much as you, nothing, hence why I'm happy to give these guys a chance and not write them off based on Internet forum opinions or you tube compilations.  We have after all signed them for their potential, not because they are the finished article.

They may turn out to be duds, maybe not but we can't write them off.

That is true but we don’t have time for guys to come good next season,this manager needsto hit the ground running, we have plenty young guys with potential already. I have no trust in this coaching team to get the best out of what we have, progress players or pick decent replacements as they have already shown. Those idiots on Internet forums, what do they know eh?

Edited by Pasquale for King

Finlay James
1 hour ago, Pasquale for King said:

That is true but we don’t have time for guys to come good next season,this manager needsto hit the ground running, we have plenty young guys with potential already. I have no trust in this coaching team to get the best out of what we have, progress players or pick decent replacements as they have already shown. Those idiots on Internet forums, what do they know eh?

This part I'm coming around to agreeing with

• 3 weeks later...
August Landmesser

JM signs, Angus Beith heads up north.

http://www.heartsfc.co.uk/news/6690

Hearts manager Craig Levein has bolstered his squad with the addition of Jake Mulraney from Inverness Caledonian Thistle.

The 22-year-old has signed a two-year deal with the Jambos, in a move that sees Angus Beith head north to the Tulloch Caledonian Stadium.

Dublin-born Jake, capped for Republic of Ireland U21s, spent two years at Nottingham Forest before signing his first professional deal with Queens Park Rangers in 2014.

After loan spells at Dagenham & Redbridge and Stevenage, the winger made the move to Scottish football in 2016, signing for the Caley Jags.

He’s made 64 appearances for ICT and scored three goals, and helped John Robertson’s side to lift the Irn-Bru Cup, beating Dumbarton 1-0 in the Final.

Jake will join the first-team squad for the start of pre-season training in June.

The club would like to thank Angus for all his efforts at Hearts and wishes him all the best in Inverness.

Zero cost addition with scope for development and potential...im happy with this and anyone with just a small degree of wherewithal at least will see it as a low risk signing to boot..... ☺

1 minute ago, gungho said:

We also have first option on Beith should he progress into the player the club believes he can be 

Thats a good move by the club.

rudi must stay
4 minutes ago, Jammy T said:

Thats a good move by the club.

Flipping heck, we've sure played ICT here. 

He's quick and..................no that's all ive got.

Strange one after we didn't want him in January. We shall see though.

Good luck to the lad. Sometimes a player just fits a club, lets hope thats the case.

Lets see us use him on his natural side. Would love to see us use a winger to hit the byeline. Bit old fashioned, not for always but we never ever set up to do this.

Even Amankwaa, you can see hes short in confidence so put him RW when he plays so he doesnt need to think... knock ball, run, repeat. Simple but effective at times.

1 minute ago, Notts1874 said:

Was told we did want him in Jan, in fact pretty much sorted it then. All parties knew it was happening just needed hancocks type thing.

Bow to your accuracy on these matters though, lad!

Either way hes here noo and lets get him flying.

Shall we affectionately call him Jake-ball? 

BRAVEHEART1874

He didn't show much when inverness played us with him as a winger but that was a while ago and I

can't say o'hallaran would have been a better signing either though ;)

3 minutes ago, johnmitchell said:

Surely has to have more in his locker than Amankwaa......doesn't he? 

Well hopefully he is a bit quicker as Amankwaa was supposed to be a flying machine.

2 minutes ago, TheBigO said:

Was told we did want him in Jan, in fact pretty much sorted it then. All parties knew it was happening just needed hancocks type thing.

Bow to your accuracy on these matters though, lad!

Either way hes here noo and lets get him flying.

Shall we affectionately call him Jake-ball? 

You could well be correct.

I agree, now he is a Hearts player I will be 100% behind him and as he's that quick about 50 yards.

Not feeling this Jake-ball thing though I'm afraid ?

2 minutes ago, Barack said:

Replaces Beith, who was first,second,fifth choice in his position...at the club?

Doubt this chap will be used excessively this season either, so just see what becomes of it, I suppose.

Can look at it this way though - he only needs to produce more than Lewis Moore or Danny Amankwaa did this season to have improved us.  Not a high bar.  That's not to say Lewis and Danny won't do more than they themselves did this season, I'm just saying that's been our wing options and they've not done much for one reason or another.

Obviously you could also say we need more than a slight improvement.  We sorely lack pace and if Jake provides that option, then I'm for it.  Don't know why but I've got an Adrian Boothroyd feeling about this signing.  Hopefully he does more than he did for us (solo goal versus Huntly(was it?) notwithstanding!).

Just now, wavydavy said:

Well hopefully he is a bit quicker as Amankwaa was supposed to be a flying machine.

This boy is rapid.

Obviously not Bosnian Bullet rapid but who is.?

Just now, Notts1874 said:

You could well be correct.

I agree, now he is a Hearts player I will be 100% behind him and as he's that quick about 50 yards.

Not feeling this Jake-ball thing though I'm afraid ?

It could be what we call the tactic when he plays then.  "Time to go Jake-ball on their ass..."  "Let's treat them to some Jake-ball"  ???

Whatever Notts.  Whatever.

HeartofHartley

This boy is rapid.

Obviously not Bosnian Bullet rapid but who is.?

Let's hope he rapidly becomes a good player. 

buzzbomb1958
On 27/04/2018 at 12:44, kimosavi said:

He can have his pick off 4 for me 

Martin, Buaben, Callachan, Sammon I'll drive all 4 up there for Robbo

I thought we liked Robbo,imagine doing that to a legend

portobellojambo1
5 minutes ago, Notts1874 said:

It sounds remarkably similar to what we were told about Amankwaa, and in his case any quickness has failed to materialise, never mind what could have potentially followed the word and.

Bobby Brown I can fully understand, he comes with a lot of praise from those who have watched him, is very young and may or may not play a part in the coming season. Mulraney comes with various comments about not being able to get into the ICT team because he ain't good enough to do so, and has attitude problems, comments from those who have watched him. It doesn't sound great as selling points, and in all honesty we cannot be thinking of bringing in further players who may or many not make it in 2/3 years time.  The improvement has to be visual from games starting in 2 months time, otherwise we will be no further forward.

Cruyff Turn

We'll see how he does. Remember Robbo saying in an interview that he asked him why he beat three players and then stopped, turned around and beat them again instead of crossing the ball, Jake apparently said, "where's the fun in that." 

2 minutes ago, TheBigO said:

It could be what we call the tactic when he plays then.  "Time to go Jake-ball on their ass..."  "Let's treat them to some Jake-ball"  ???

Whatever Notts.  Whatever.

I'm all over this now you put it like that

The Scottish football version of Money Ball.....Jake-Ball...........im claiming the film rights ?

2 minutes ago, Cruyff Turn said:

We'll see how he does. Remember Robbo saying in an interview that he asked him why he beat three players and then stopped, turned around and beat them again instead of crossing the ball, Jake apparently said, "where's the fun in that." 

Maybe he should be a comedian instead of a footballer.

:pleased:

4 minutes ago, portobellojambo1 said:

It sounds remarkably similar to what we were told about Amankwaa, and in his case any quickness has failed to materialise, never mind what could have potentially followed the word and.

Bobby Brown I can fully understand, he comes with a lot of praise from those who have watched him, is very young and may or may not play a part in the coming season. Mulraney comes with various comments about not being able to get into the ICT team because he ain't good enough to do so, and has attitude problems, comments from those who have watched him. It doesn't sound great as selling points, and in all honesty we cannot be thinking of bringing in further players who may or many not make it in 2/3 years time.  The improvement has to be visual from games starting in 2 months time, otherwise we will be no further forward.

Ref the attitude problems.

We have a management team to batter that out of him.

the_jailer
1 minute ago, Cruyff Turn said:

Think Levein will boot him in the baws if he starts any of that shite

On 4/26/2018 at 11:48, Pasquale for King said:

He recommended Sammon?!?!

Yes.

Robbo signed Sammon when he was managing Derry City.

He then recommended him to JJ before he moved to Kilmarnock.

Once moving to Hearts Robbo is quoted saying:

“I would have been delighted to play with Conor. He’d have been ideal for me.

He’s a good old fashioned No9 in the Jimmy Bone and Sandy Clark mould.

You can feed off him and every centre-half will come off knowing they have been in a game with Conor, especially at Tynecastle.

It’s an atmosphere and a pitch that will suit the big man down to a tee. He’s something we don’t have. Juanma’s big and strong but he likes to come short and play. Conor likes to go in behind, he likes to play on the shoulder. He has a great touch, he can hold the ball up. And if our wingers can get balls into the box he’s a real threat."

Legend that Robbo is, but looks like he called that one wrong.

4 minutes ago, Notts1874 said:

I'm all over this now you put it like that

The Scottish football version of Money Ball.....Jake-Ball...........im claiming the film rights ?

Robbie Coltrane in for Brad though!  Obviously.

BTW i totally agree with Pasquale on Mulraney. Bizarre signing unless he is playing for free.

Hopefully proves me wrong but at face value looks like pointlessly using up resources (even if its a small amount).

TheAntiHibee
6 minutes ago, Cruyff Turn said:

Oot.

2 minutes ago, Alan_R said:

Yes.

Robbo signed Sammon when he was managing Derry City.

He then recommended him to JJ before he moved to Kilmarnock.

Once moving to Hearts Robbo is quoted saying:

“I would have been delighted to play with Conor. He’d have been ideal for me.

He’s a good old fashioned No9 in the Jimmy Bone and Sandy Clark mould.

You can feed off him and every centre-half will come off knowing they have been in a game with Conor, especially at Tynecastle.

It’s an atmosphere and a pitch that will suit the big man down to a tee. He’s something we don’t have. Juanma’s big and strong but he likes to come short and play. Conor likes to go in behind, he likes to play on the shoulder. He has a great touch, he can hold the ball up. And if our wingers can get balls into the box he’s a real threat."

Legend that Robbo is, but looks like he called that one wrong.

I'm in a tiny minority I know, but I don't disagree with RObbob there.  We should have kept Conor (having signed him, likes!) and utilised his energy and hussle if nothing else.

COuld have done with him during a lot of flat performances just to rough them up and win us some territory.  People forget that he created a great amount of chances in his run with us.  The fact Tony Watt fluffed them all isn't Sammon's fault.  He missed some very glaring chances himself and he looks bloody awkward, but I think we could have got some use out of him.  Of course Robbo would have loved to have played alongside him.  COnor Sammon is a very selfless type of player, the type others generally like in their team, especially fat wee poachers!

As an aside, JJ once genuinely sent Conor for an eyetest when at Killie!!  He couldn't believe someone could be that bad in the air - it was like he couldn't see the ball, so it was decided it might be his eyesight.  It wasn't though.  He's just shite in the air!!!  True story!

letsalldothebeattie

Potential to be a decent player for us if Levein can get a level of consistency out of him. 

Welcome aboard Jake

5 minutes ago, TheBigO said:

Robbie Coltrane in for Brad though!  Obviously.

Since McPhee does most of the scouting etc we need a longer haired lead.

Since McPhee does most of the scouting etc we need a longer haired lead.

Drew Mcintyre