Mulraney to Hearts confirmed ( updated )

CJGJ

Geoff Kilpatrick
3 minutes ago, Bauld said:

The general lack of understanding of football on this site is staggering.

I take it you were hoping to learn something about the game.

• Replies 478
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Pasquale for King

• Nookie Bear

• BobbyJenkins

• Lord Beni of Gorgie

Ive got to say I am a little concerened for next season.

So far we have signed a 35 year old has been who has struggled to get a game for St Johnstone, an unheard of from the English 4th tier and now Mulraney from the Scottish Championship.

All this at the same time our manager is telling us that Conor Sammon is going to be giving another chance to prove himeself.

This is hardly convincing fans to snap up season tickets.

davemclaren
1 minute ago, Lambo85 said:

Ive got to say I am a little concerened for next season.

So far we have signed a 35 year old has been who has struggled to get a game for St Johnstone, an unheard of from the English 4th tier and now Mulraney from the Scottish Championship.

All this at the same time our manager is telling us that Conor Sammon is going to be giving another chance to prove himeself.

This is hardly convincing fans to snap up season tickets.

Has Mulraney signed?

I understand that the summer window hasn’t even opened yet but I can’t wrap my head around this signing at all if it is to happen. Inverness fans don’t seem to rate him and the stats suggest Billy King, who wasn’t deemed good enough for us, is a better player in the same side. The whole “aye but we’re swapping a player who isn’t going to make it anyway so there’s nothing to lose” chat makes no sense; we’ll be paying the guy a wage regardless of whether or not we’ll be paying a fee, meaning we’ll have less room to manouver when it comes to signing players that we are confident will improve our team - the likes of Lafferty, Naismith, Berra, etc. 

Regardless of how I feel I will add that if he does sign, I’ll give him as fair a chance as any and cheer him on next season. While I’m not inspired by this signing, I’m certainly not one of the ‘boo boys’ who collectively manage to give every new signing a considerably harder challenge than they already have to make it at Hearts, a good example being Sammon who must be dreading coming back.

BobbyJenkins
3 minutes ago, Danny1874 said:

I understand that the summer window hasn’t even opened yet but I can’t wrap my head around this signing at all if it is to happen. Inverness fans don’t seem to rate him and the stats suggest Billy King, who wasn’t deemed good enough for us, is a better player in the same side. The whole “aye but we’re swapping a player who isn’t going to make it anyway so there’s nothing to lose” chat makes no sense; we’ll be paying the guy a wage regardless of whether or not we’ll be paying a fee, meaning we’ll have less room to manouver when it comes to signing players that we are confident will improve our team - the likes of Lafferty, Naismith, Berra, etc. 

Regardless of how I feel I will add that if he does sign, I’ll give him as fair a chance as any and cheer him on next season. While I’m not inspired by this signing, I’m certainly not one of the ‘boo boys’ who collectively manage to give every new signing a considerably harder challenge than they already have to make it at Hearts, a good example being Sammon who must be dreading coming back.

Levein obviously sees him as potential with great pace. Those are the reasons ffs lol. Ireland U21 player, although not a regular. Aye he must be total dog shit.

Nookie Bear
1 minute ago, BobbyJenkins said:

Levein obviously sees him as potential with great pace. Those are the reasons ffs lol. Ireland U21 player, although not a regular. Aye he must be total dog shit.

Have you checked out the Irish u-21s? 

7 minutes ago, Danny1874 said:

Billy King ?  ............the Dundee United Billy King do you mean ??

Edited by Busby8

24 minutes ago, HopeDiouf said:

Indeed.  Some don't seem to get that if you sign a pile of shite, you're team will end up being a bit shite.

:laugh:

3 minutes ago, Busby8 said:

Billy King ?  ............the Dundee United Billy King do you mean ??

Aye the Dundee United one who was previously at ICT, by same side I meant same club. My mistake.

1 minute ago, Danny1874 said:

Aye the Dundee United one who was previously at ICT, by same side I meant same club. My mistake.

No probs.

I really should learn to be less facetious.:teu35:

9 minutes ago, BobbyJenkins said:

I hear what you’re saying, but 1 goal in 55 appearances at Inverness for a winger? Hardly sounds inspiring. I do sincerely hope I’m proved wrong and he turns out to be a great success, I just don’t predict that will happen.

Seems like another let's hope he develops into something rather than we have won the race to sign him because he is good.

I would rather save the  three  wages offered to  date and  bring  in  one that  i've heard  of  or better actually seen. 

Allowayjambo1874
7 minutes ago, BobbyJenkins said:

Wish people would pack it in with the ‘aye but he’s played for xx so must be ok’ shite.

Sammon has full Irish caps, Martin has a French u21 cap, we even had a Nigerian superstar couple of seasons ago, no offence but who the guy has played for in the past is not evidence of him being good (or bad).

The question should be are these the type of signings going to push us on and improve us? 

4 minutes ago, jr ewing said:

I would rather save the  three  wages offered to  date and  bring  in  one that  i've heard  of  or better actually seen. 

I also only want us to sign players you’ve seen. Send the club a list.

I didn't rate Martin Boyle very highly when he went to Hibs and don't imagine Hibs fans did either but he's turned out a reasonable signing. He's not the best footballer in the SPL but his pace creates problems with defences.   Hopefully this guy turns out like that.

mainstandjambo

Craig Levein confirmed in his media conference this morning that talks are going on between the 2 clubs but nothing has been agreed yet. 

BobbyJenkins
1 minute ago, Allowayjambo1874 said:

Wish people would pack it in with the ‘aye but he’s played for xx so must be ok’ shite.

Sammon has full Irish caps, Martin has a French u21 cap, we even had a Nigerian superstar couple of seasons ago, no offence but who the guy has played for in the past is not evidence of him being good (or bad).

The question should be are these the type of signings going to push us on and improve us? 

It is merely an indication that he has something. No players are guaranteed to do well, known or unknown. 

Does he or does he not have great pace? Is he going to be first team straight away, I doubt it? Do you know how much hes on? We arent in a position to buy all our players ready as they are...

Lets wait until we do ALL our business before pishing the pants eh.

BobbyJenkins
2 minutes ago, livi said:

I didn't rate Martin Boyle very highly when he went to Hibs and don't imagine Hibs fans did either but he's turned out a reasonable signing. He's not the best footballer in the SPL but his pace creates problems with defences.   Hopefully this guy turns out like that.

:)

Lord Beni of Gorgie
11 minutes ago, livi said:

I agree. Difference though is that Mulraney appears not to be playing higher from all that I can gather, not because of his legs and feet but his head. Boyle seems to be a smart lad.

I think that has been missed by most on Mulraney, the problem is not ability

16 minutes ago, BobbyJenkins said:

It is merely an indication that he has something. No players are guaranteed to do well, known or unknown. 

Does he or does he not have great pace? Is he going to be first team straight away, I doubt it? Do you know how much hes on? We arent in a position to buy all our players ready as they are...

Lets wait until we do ALL our business before pishing the pants eh.

According to your last sentence, we're not allowed to give opinions on the players signed until we've completed all our signings?  

McLean is the kind of signing that should be raising the hopes is QoS fans. If this guy from Inverness is one of the nine players we need, it isn't that encouraging.  But we can't say anything until all our players are signed?

tolcross lad
6 minutes ago, jr ewing said:

You asked in an earlier post if we were short of cash.I think we are.The offer to Hughes,the signing of Ikpeachu and Maclean and now the possible signing of Mulraney are all symptoms that Levein is strapped for cash.He will be hoping that these low cost options along with the continued use of Academy players will make more money available to keep Naismith,Mitchell Adao and Malinkovic and to sign at least 1 or 2 others of better quality.The challenge will be to mould them into a team that can challenge for cups and a top 3 finish.

I take your point of quality over quantity.The unfinished new stand,the new playing surface and recruitment mistakes all have to be financed and we are seeing the consequences .

BobbyJenkins
18 minutes ago, Elmore said:

According to your last sentence, we're not allowed to give opinions on the players signed until we've completed all our signings?  

McLean is the kind of signing that should be raising the hopes is QoS fans. If this guy from Inverness is one of the nine players we need, it isn't that encouraging.  But we can't say anything until all our players are signed?

No on our chances next season. I always find it more productive to look at things holistically. Also to give people a chance cos you know, NUANCE. Different clubs work for different players and NOONE knows how they will do until they are there.

You can say what you want and Ill say when youre talking pish. 

Edited by BobbyJenkins

57 minutes ago, jr ewing said:

I presume you mean a quality signing like Mitchell, or maybe even better.

That's an absolutely splendid idea until that player gets injured (like Mitchell) and all your eggs in one basket get broken.

As someone else said send CL your list with the signed money back guarantee that they won't get injured, and we're sorted.

A real spiffing idea.

Edited by JamboAl

20 hours ago, Phil Dunphy said:

Shut up Andy. 

If I want to express myself in this way at us moving to sign a player who can’t get a game for a mid table Championship side, I will. 

So put me on ignore if this upsets you snowflake. 

Spot on, what a sad comment from Andy.

Pasquale for King
1 hour ago, BobbyJenkins said:

The ICT fans don’t rate him, Billy King has better stats this season in the same league, has pace and played for Scotland’s u21s but isn’t good enough? 3 goals in 32 games, Injury probe and attitude problems. We should be looking for better should we not?

Pasquale for King
1 hour ago, Allowayjambo1874 said:

Far too much emphasis put on players having international caps, there’s an endless list of those not good enough for us who have them. Levein and Neilson were especially bad at this, it was the highest level they reached and judge players accordingly. Surely he will also limit McDonald and Moore’s game time too.

Edited by Pasquale for King

He's superb.

He's shite.

(Will part delete and self quote to be proved right in a few months time as appropriate).

Other posters do this over a number of posts but I'm being efficient.

Edited by Victorian

scott herbertson
3 hours ago, HopeDiouf said:

How exactly?  We had those 4 this season, and we were still utterly honking more often than not.

Because they will be signings of the quality we are aiming for. I’d guess that with a choice between say Ali Crawford and Naismith or Adoa most would not prefer Crawford.

Watt-Zeefuik
21 hours ago, CJGJ said:

He's not signing..............................................is he ?

Had him dead and buried earlier this month but he really surprised everyone with his comeback.

Seems to have acquired a bit of a stigma in the process though.

BobbyJenkins
35 minutes ago, Pasquale for King said:

The ICT fans don’t rate him, Billy King has better stats this season in the same league, has pace and played for Scotland’s u21s but isn’t good enough? 3 goals in 32 games, Injury probe and attitude problems. We should be looking for better should we not?

Is he that fast? Would he do the job Levein thinks mulraney will do?

how long a contract is billy king

now on? Would Utd want too much? Money comes into it that’s why can’t just get guaranteed better ALL the time. 

Edited by BobbyJenkins

Mclean has no legs.

Mulrney only has legs. 

I'm sure they can work something out...  :hae18:

Liamthejambo

If this was a Cathrow signing we’d be going mental , but it’s not which is a huge worry . Get this man out before next season is wrecked before it’s starts ffs 

Pasquale for King
51 minutes ago, BobbyJenkins said:

Is he that fast? Would he do the job Levein thinks mulraney will do?

how long a contract is billy king

now on? Would Utd want too much? Money comes into it that’s why can’t just get guaranteed better ALL the time. 

You missed the point which is we let a better player go, did i mention guarantees? King is like lightning but clearly needs better coaching.Why can’t we look at higher level players then? Is it because we have players like Sammon (the last guy Robbo recommended)Martin etc and guys that aren’t up to it like Callachan and Amankwaa? What job does Levein think he will do? Take up space ahead of Moore and McDonald? If money is tight why are we going for this nonentity that even ICT fans don’t rate?

FA300B8E-C9D6-4647-BEBD-46DB24CC1050.png

Edited by Pasquale for King

Pasquale for King
1 minute ago, jonnothejambo said:

I don't consider Mulraney to be one of the 'nine'. 

I reckon Robbo wanted Beith and it suited both parties for Mulraney to come here. 

It really has no risk.

It’s another wage that could be spent better elsewhere, another shot in the dark gamble that’s seen us sign 70 players in four years.

BobbyJenkins
23 minutes ago, Pasquale for King said:

You missed the point which is we let a better player go, did i mention guarantees? King is like lightning but clearly needs better coaching.Why can’t we look at higher level players then? Is it because we have players like Sammon (the last guy Robbo recommended)Martin etc and guys that aren’t up to it like Callachan and Amankwaa? What job does Levein think he will do? Take up space ahead of Moore and McDonald? If money is tight why are we going for this nonentity that even ICT fans don’t rate?

FA300B8E-C9D6-4647-BEBD-46DB24CC1050.png

I don’t know what job I’m not Levein ffs lol. Yes miStakes have be be made, is billy king one I don’t know. I doubt it.

Neilson obviously didnt fancy king ;). I’m sure you know better tho. 

Imagine relying on other fans opinions on players you’d sign barely anyone lol. Hell

take up hunners of space...

Edited by BobbyJenkins

I've listened to BBC Radio Sportsound a lot this season and Jake Mulraney's name has come up several time. Its strange, the commentators generally say, on his day, he is unplayable  and blisteringly quick, although, when not on his day, he looks uninterested. Wingers are generally fairly inconsistent anyway but if Levein can sort out his delivery then it may be a decent bit of business. I am sure I had heard he had fallen out with Robbo on one of the shows which is why he has been on the bench. Some leagues are better suited to others and with wider pitches in the SPL it may give him room to jet off. Who know's, I get the feeling these are "squad players with a few more experienced player to come".

6 minutes ago, Nucky Thompson said:

I can't wait till we're fan owned and kickback scouts our signings :whistling:

That would go one of three ways...

"Ann, why can't we have 60 million to sign Lewandowski?"

"We need to sign this guy from Bulgaria because he was incredible on Football Manager."

"Bring back Sam Nicholson & Jordan McGhee" 

With gavin Riley there was a wee risk, scored goals worked hard good attitude in the championship. This guy has none of the above attributes that makes me think he will fit in.

10 hours ago, Nookie Bear said:

We have Hughes, Cowie, Martin, McLean, Uche and Sammon to go on the bench (at the last count)

So adding a winger makes sense?

Pasquale for King
33 minutes ago, BobbyJenkins said:

I don’t know what job I’m not Levein ffs lol. Yes miStakes have be be made, is billy king one I don’t know. I doubt it.

Neilson obviously didnt fancy king ;). I’m sure you know better tho. 

Imagine relying on other fans opinions on players you’d sign barely anyone lol. Hell

take up hunners of space...

Good deflection there, hardly answered any question I asked. Neilson didn’t fancy him, how’s his career going these days after signing Robbie Muirhead and nearly relegating MK Dons? I couldn’t care less about King, but the stats show he is better than Mulraney. If fans of a mid table team in a league below us think a player is poor and can’t believe we are signing them I tend to pay attention. Fans opinions shoild be ignored? Why you on here then? 

You’re defending Levein signing this guy,but admit mistakes have been made and don’t know what this guy will bring lol.

BobbyJenkins
2 minutes ago, Pasquale for King said:

Good deflection there, hardly answered any question I asked. Neilson didn’t fancy him, how’s his career going these days after signing Robbie Muirhead and nearly relegating MK Dons? I couldn’t care less about King, but the stats show he is better than Mulraney. If fans of a mid table team in a league below us think a player is poor and can’t believe we are signing them I tend to pay attention. Fans opinions shoild be ignored? Why you on here then? 

You’re defending Levein signing this guy,but admit mistakes have been made and don’t know what this guy will bring lol.

Answered the points worth answering. No grey areas for you eh?

im defending the player who hasn’t even played a game yet. 

Fans opinions should be ignored by clubs when looking at players yes cos they tend to know zip compared to professionals. 

Deary me billy king is the way forward now and being used to beat Levein ? I’ve heard it all now lol.

Edited by BobbyJenkins
Missed bit

Nookie Bear
22 minutes ago, CMc said:

So adding a winger makes sense?

No, I listed a group of players who will not be starting most weeks and so we do not need to keep adding more and more squad players. 

We have fringe players by the dozen, it’s starting players we need. Still, plenty of time to pin down those loan deal, get a keeper and two midfielders, so no stress yet!

Pasquale for King
29 minutes ago, BobbyJenkins said:

Fans opinions should be ignored by clubs when looking at players yes cos they tend to know zip compared to professionals. 

Deary me billy king is the way forward now and being used to beat Levein ? I’ve heard it all now lol.

Imagine using comparisons eh,glad you admitted you know zip about players though.

36 minutes ago, BobbyJenkins said:

Don’t think anyone is saying that Billy King is the way forward.  However it’s worth noting it’s taken losing players like King and not replacing them to realise we are very weak on the wings and now resigning players like Mulraney to try and sort that problem. 

No one has said they want us to sign Billy King over Mulraney he’s purely being used as a comparison. 

Edited by Morph

BobbyJenkins
3 minutes ago, Pasquale for King said:

Imagine using comparisons eh,glad you admitted you know zip about players though.

Imagine ?. Billy king eh. I certainly dont know as much as Levein. I’d be an idiot to think otherwise. However, I do know this boys not played a game yet, signed for potential, you’re writing him off and I’m the one who knows zip...

BobbyJenkins
4 minutes ago, Morph said:

Don’t think anyone is saying that Billy King is the way forward.  However it’s worth noting it’s taken losing players like King and not replacing them to realise we are very weak on the wings and now resigning players like Mulraney to try and sort that problem. 

No one has said they want us to sign Billy King over Mulraney he’s purely being used as a comparison. 

The crux is players were sold/released and players bought/brought in for free FOR two managers and therefore two different requirements in Neilson and Cathro. 

Who said he is the sole answer to our wide problems? Have we finished signings yet?

Edited by BobbyJenkins