Levein ( merged )

rick witter

8 minutes ago, jack D and coke said:

Have to be honest it’s getting harder to disagree with Leveins detractors. The more I think about that tragic performance on Sunday the more you realise you’re in for more of the same next season away from home. Trying to frustrate teams, bore everybody to death and try nick something. Who the **** wants to watch that? Who wants to pay for that? 

Not me.....

LEVEIN OOT NOOOOO...

:bolt:

Do us all a favour!!!!!!

• Replies 896
  • Created
  • Last Reply
15 hours ago, Geoff Kilpatrick said:

The point, Mitch, was that he had to start with the pile of shite Cathro left behind.

But you knew that.

We should of done far better than 6th in the league and out of the cup to Motherwell and playing dire negative football against teams who are mince.

Geoff Kilpatrick
1 hour ago, mitch41 said:

We should of done far better than 6th in the league and out of the cup to Motherwell and playing dire negative football against teams who are mince.

Yep, we should have but given what we started with and how we fecked around in August, I am not surprised at how we did. The team was only marginally better than the Robbo team of 04/05.

On 4/23/2018 at 08:04, ford donald said:

“Okay we’ve lost 2-1 – I’ve been here loads of times and lost by more than that

The shape of the team was good. We frustrated Rangers and that was the plan.

:facepalm:                                                                                                                 

"OK. we lost 2 - 1 - we frustrated Rangers and that was the plan" - Craig, please try and change your plan to actually winning the game, your actually frustrating us Fans - we'll end up playing in a brand new shiny stadium with all the bells and whistles, while we slowly make the bottom third of the league our ambition :pimp2: 

On ‎24‎/‎04‎/‎2018 at 00:45, NANOJAMBO said:

Nothing personal but, No he doesn't. He made it clear Robbie had the final say (in the shit show of recruitment). He wasn't involved in the first team in any way (unless Robbie wanted otherwise) . He can't be credited with any of Robbie's success and then be absolved on here so regularly of the failings since. We are always told on here CL did the academy and he has done a great job (not arguing with that because without the school kids we wouldn't have any subs to play or any creativity in the first team) - he has been at pains to distance himself from the Cathro fiasco and that's fair enough. He appointed the guy to do  job and he stood back and watched it all happen.

Which now leads on to the whole football "governance" at the club - we are told Cathro sacrificed fitness and worked the guys  on tactical work . According to one poster on here the players basically refused to work under Cathro and the team lacked fitness (as we are told endlessly on here and to which CL himself alluded). 

We had a lack of match fitness (presumably no fitness coaches reporting this to anyone , or if we did have fitness coaches they kept quiet about it) - but amazingly this fact is swallowed up on here without question. It's all down to Cathro's failings and his methods which were applied without question or any kind of scrutiny .  Just think about that. 

What gets missed on here is , this is a multi million pound business in which the key business deliverable wasn't under any proper scrutiny. AB put her faith in Levein  whose protege failed on so many levels. Since then , his team of coaches have demonstrated they cannot do anything in adversity  and get this team playing.  

This fiasco and the turgid displays isn't just about Levein , it's about the whole way the football was (or not) run properly from the outset. 

Levein will get next season because there is no other option and the board have no clue how to run football at a football club. By all means keep Levein but the back room staff needs to be addressed.  

How many turgid displays do we have to go through ? There is no limit under Levein. 

We will get the same crap next season. 

Nine signing did he say ? Does anyone seriously believe this chat ?

Good post re fitness, the implication is coming from within is that our players fitness levels, now nearly at the end of April are a result of a poor pre-season, and that is deemed acceptable. Really. Maybe it is not just the players that are underperforming. We set up negatively on Sunday, as in many other games. If you look at the way Cl set up his international teams and the way McPhee's N.I. team set up they are very similar ( granted N.I. have had some recent  success and are difficult to beat ) This though is not international football. They are at the head of our school for  coaches and these tactics and systems are passed on. The bootroom philosophy needs to be one of continuity of high standards and not of mediocrity. My hope is a better quality of player coming in will improve our style of play, players do not seem to improve at our club though, look over-coached, with a safety first mentality. It is possible to be organised and play good football. Flair needs to be encouraged, Souttar for instance rarely drives forward now, which I love to see, CL was great at it in his day as was big Dave McPherson. CL needs to shake us up both on and off the field, more of the same will not do, the backroom staff he is supporting need to step up, the theory side of football is all very well, but it is the practical side that we are watching.

On 23/04/2018 at 07:00, Bez said:

:lol:

Wow... maybe borrow someone’s copy of ‘The Late Late show’ or google some games from the period. Your memory clearly isn’t doing you many favours. 

74 wins in 170 games in that era! Take your heads out the clouds kind sir. Went to 95% of these games including the European away games. Trust me with Devries and McKenna leading the line for a good part we DID NOT play good football on even a semi regular basis! But feel free to keep spouting your maroon tinted nonsense! 

1 hour ago, red said:

74 wins in 170 games in that era! Take your heads out the clouds kind sir. Went to 95% of these games including the European away games. Trust me with Devries and McKenna leading the line for a good part we DID NOT play good football on even a semi regular basis! But feel free to keep spouting your maroon tinted nonsense! 

I was also going to nearly every match in that period. I don’t recognise your description at all. We had a very good midfield with Kisnorbo and then Hartley in there, ball playing CMs as anyone who watched them would concur. Phil Stamp too. Then you had JLV with his direct running, and Boyack the classic old fashioned winger who could ping in crosses. Add to all that the likes of Maybury the attacking fullback, Kirk and Wales who liked the ball at their feet and the fact that DeVries was actually pretty decent with the ball at his feet for a big man too... Fuller? Was he just a big huddy too, aye? :lol:

Nookie Bear

Ironically, given the state of our "midfield", this is exactly the time we should be going longball.

1 hour ago, Bez said:

I was also going to nearly every match in that period. I don’t recognise your description at all. We had a very good midfield with Kisnorbo and then Hartley in there, ball playing CMs as anyone who watched them would concur. Phil Stamp too. Then you had JLV with his direct running, and Boyack the classic old fashioned winger who could ping in crosses. Add to all that the likes of Maybury the attacking fullback, Kirk and Wales who liked the ball at their feet and the fact that DeVries was actually pretty decent with the ball at his feet for a big man too... Fuller? Was he just a big huddy too, aye? :lol:

Kisnorbo a "ball playing CM".........skippy on ice more like!!   I agree with you on Maybury - he was a cracking attacking Right Back who was ruined when he got shunted to LB to accommodate Neilson!!

davemclaren
1 minute ago, Thomaso said:

Kisnorbo a "ball playing CM".........skippy on ice more like!!   I agree with you on Maybury - he was a cracking attacking Right Back who was ruined when he got shunted to LB to accommodate Neilson!!

I liked Maybury but my abiding memory of him is that he regularly passed the ball out of play. Could be my senility though. 

5 minutes ago, davemclaren said:

I liked Maybury but my abiding memory of him is that he regularly passed the ball out of play. Could be my senility though. 

Are you not confusing him with Robbie????

Geoff Kilpatrick
3 hours ago, red said:

Good football to me is attacking and scoring goals. That team were easily the highest scorers in the league outside of the gruesomes.

5 minutes ago, Nookie Bear said:

Nobody picked up on Bez's description of Boyack??

(I agree with the rest of his post though :thumb:)

I always thought of Boyack as a midfield player rather than a "classic winger".  He was a bit lightweight and a bit of a disappointment at Hearts IMO.

Nookie Bear
7 minutes ago, Thomaso said:

I always thought of Boyack as a midfield player rather than a "classic winger".  He was a bit lightweight and a bit of a disappointment at Hearts IMO.

He was "okay". Didn't let us down and so probably a good guy for any manager to have around.

21 hours ago, Bez said:

You forgot Niemi Severin, Pressley and Mahe.....and Fuller after a slow start was incredible before he left.....so with all these players, some of whom were very very good spl players why did we only win 74 in 170...................................

13 minutes ago, red said:

You forgot Niemi Severin, Pressley and Mahe.....and Fuller after a slow start was incredible before he left.....so with all these players, some of whom were very very good spl players why did we only win 74 in 170...................................

I’m debating your point about good football. You are trying to suggest all we did was play direct hoofball to big CFs like Moose and MDV. That’s simply not true. That’s the reason I quoted the players I did. They are decent footballers and that’s how they played. 

Now you’ve moved on to win ratio. Now, I’ll just have to take your stats at face value, as I’m not going to go looking for them myself, but during that period, we finished third behind a VERY strong OF, and qualified for the UC group stages. So with that in mind, those stats must have been better than the nine other non-OF teams those seasons.

Side note on Moose, he was his country’s top goal scorer at international level around about that time or slightly after. He was a decent CF when needed. It’s not like we were playing Pressley as a CF.

20 hours ago, Nookie Bear said:

I just laughed at it. Every game I watched him I hoped he would be just as Bez described him. Sadly it only happened once or twice. Berwick Rangers away in a cup tie springs to mind. 

20 hours ago, Nookie Bear said:

Boyack was a straight running winger. His job was to swing the ball in. That’s pretty much all he did. Other than nearly decapitate John O’Neil... :)

The Treasurer

Saw CL on TV last night stating that while he agreed our away form has been poor, the fans must be pleased with what we've seen at home.

Sorry Craig but with a few, very notable, exceptions (sellik, the sheep etc) we have been average at home.

Ok we've not lost since coming home but at Tynecastle we have drawn with 4 of the bottom 6 teams. That's 8 points we have thrown away, not to mention home draws with Killie and the wee team. Matches we should be expected to get 3 points from.

HEARTS FOREVER
1 minute ago, The Treasurer said:

Saw CL on TV last night stating that while he agreed our away form has been poor, the fans must be pleased with what we've seen at home.

Sorry Craig but with a few, very notable, exceptions (sellik, the sheep etc) we have been average at home.

Ok we've not lost since coming home but at Tynecastle we have drawn with 4 of the bottom 6 teams. That's 8 points we have thrown away, not to mention home draws with Killie and the wee team. Matches we should be expected to get 3 points from.

Correct

When was the last time you watched a Hearts team and one of our players picked up the ball and you got excited because you just KNEW he was going to do something going forward?

Vlad years?

Thats whats missing from CL’s teams. We have NOBODY on the park that gets us excited. 

Face it. We are BORING!

His lack of ability in being able to find just ONE decent attacking midfielder is chronic. Not had one I can remember in 4 or 5 years. 

How long has CL been at the club again???

What do we all say if our very good players all hit their straps on Friday and we win 5-1.

It's far from impossible.  Aberdeen are no great shakes.  Would that mean everything is fine again. 

I don't know.

34 minutes ago, Kiwidoug said:

What do we all say if our very good players all hit their straps on Friday and we win 5-1.

It's far from impossible.  Aberdeen are no great shakes.  Would that mean everything is fine again. 

I don't know.

Half the posters on here would be gloating, the other half would disappear until the following weekend. 

Nookie Bear
1 hour ago, The Treasurer said:

Patronising guff, up there with the Money Spinna.

Geoff the Mince
1 hour ago, Pans Jambo said:

When was the last time you watched a Hearts team and one of our players picked up the ball and you got excited because you just KNEW he was going to do something going forward?

Vlad years?

Thats whats missing from CL’s teams. We have NOBODY on the park that gets us excited. 

Face it. We are BORING!

His lack of ability in being able to find just ONE decent attacking midfielder is chronic. Not had one I can remember in 4 or 5 years. 

I agree boring sums us up . 

doctor jambo
1 hour ago, Pans Jambo said:

Vlad years?

Face it. We are BORING!

Skinny and demi

there's 2

3 hours ago, The Treasurer said:

You can’t just gloss over that to fit your agenda. 

3 hours ago, The Treasurer said:

You can see that if Levein is happy with our home form he is the wrong man for the job. 

The Treasurer
52 minutes ago, mitch41 said:

You can see that if Levein is happy with our home form he is the wrong man for the job. 

No. I did not say that.

The Treasurer
1 hour ago, Des Lynam said:

What "agenda" do you think I have.?

I think it's great that we're unbeaten at home. However the loss of so many points to teams at the bottom of the league is not something to be happy about

1 hour ago, mitch41 said:

What an unbeaten home form? 

Classic Mitch again! 

All Out Attack
1 hour ago, Des Lynam said:

Please stop this agenda nonsense. 

Hearts supporters are critical of Levein because of his record as DOF and now a year as our manager. He makes the choices, picks the players, sets the style of football and motivates the players. 

The man is bordering on incompetent. He forced Cathro on us and he plays the anti-football in every away game. Our support is all over the place with him and apathy is setting in. 

Lots of us have simply given up travelling with Hearts and supporters can't honestly be happy with that. 

Just as before, crowds will drop. 

15 minutes ago, All Out Attack said:

Hearts supporters are critical of Levein because of his record as DOF and now a year as our manager. He makes the choices, picks the players, sets the style of football and motivates the players. 

The man is bordering on incompetent. He forced Cathro on us and he plays the anti-football in every away game. Our support is all over the place with him and apathy is setting in. 

Lots of us have simply given up travelling with Hearts and supporters can't honestly be happy with that. 

You hope.

5 hours ago, The Treasurer said:

I saw this as well. He's lost the plot coming out with that shite.

Wish he'd just **** off out of the club. Loser.

22 minutes ago, All Out Attack said:

Very good post.

22 minutes ago, All Out Attack said:

I hear that, mate, but there may be agendas at play re. away numbers.

People may blame Levein and, going by Ibrox, they have a point.

However, fixture changes are a big part of it. Who on earth would travel to Aberdeen on a Friday night when you may struggle to get home on public transport.

How many will we take to Killie ?

Not many i'd wager. 

Fair enough, these games are dead rubbers but you can be sure the low numbers will be used by some to bash the Levein chap.

I may be talking pish of course !

On ‎24‎/‎04‎/‎2018 at 09:56, jack D and coke said:

Have to be honest it’s getting harder to disagree with Leveins detractors. The more I think about that tragic performance on Sunday the more you realise you’re in for more of the same next season away from home. Trying to frustrate teams, bore everybody to death and try nick something. Who the **** wants to watch that? Who wants to pay for that? 

Complete agreement here. I think Levein is a good manager, but I'm really struggling to come to terms with the negativity yet again on Sunday, when we had the square root of f all to lose.

Either he changes his style big time with new players and a new philosophy.  Or it's time he was shown the door.  Sad, but the club is more important than any one man.

54 minutes ago, All Out Attack said:

Fair points bar record as DOF. 

davemclaren
2 hours ago, The Treasurer said:

What "agenda" do you think I have.?

I think it's great that we're unbeaten at home. However the loss of so many points to teams at the bottom of the league is not something to be happy about

I do agree that we need to turn those draws into wins next season. The margins are tight in football so, on the assumption Craig improves the team at all, it's the least we should expect next season. 

1 hour ago, davemclaren said:

I do agree that we need to turn those draws into wins next season. The margins are tight in football so, on the assumption Craig improves the team at all, it's the least we should expect next season. 

Certainly how I see it.  There  has to be marked improvement all round next season. The style of play has to get better, we should be looking to win away from home as opposed to parking the bus even against inferior opponents. 

If things do improve markedly next season will folk get off his back or will the lynch mob still be after him?  

2 minutes ago, Deevers said:

Certainly how I see it.  There  has to be marked improvement all round next season. The style of play has to get better, we should be looking to win away from home as opposed to parking the bus even against inferior opponents. 

If things do improve markedly next season will folk get off his back or will the lynch mob still be after him?  

The best way for any manager to keep "the lynch mob" at bay is to win football matches. 

It's not rocket science! 

11 minutes ago, iainmac said:

The best way for any manager to keep "the lynch mob" at bay is to win football matches. 

It's not rocket science! 

Very true - however there does seem to be a cadre on here who are after Leveins blood even after good results.  I just wonder if for some it wouldn't matter what,they would still want shot of him.

6 hours ago, doctor jambo said:

Skinny and demi

there's 2

After 4 years we have one midfielder/winger and one L/B on loan.

You any more?

All Out Attack
4 hours ago, Boab said:

I hear that, mate, but there may be agendas at play re. away numbers.

People may blame Levein and, going by Ibrox, they have a point.

However, fixture changes are a big part of it. Who on earth would travel to Aberdeen on a Friday night when you may struggle to get home on public transport.

How many will we take to Killie ?

Not many i'd wager. 

Fair enough, these games are dead rubbers but you can be sure the low numbers will be used by some to bash the Levein chap.

I may be talking pish of course !

Your points are valid. 

Speaking for myself and three others, who up until a month or so ago, followed Hearts around the country. It is the manager that caused us to stop going, not the usual fixture hastle. 

Generally speaking, it's easy for those who don't travel with Hearts just to accept the way our manager sets his teams up, but the travelling support lost patience a long time ago. 

He's not worth it. 

rick witter
9 hours ago, Kiwidoug said:

I don't know.

It is most definitely impossible for us to score 5 goals in an away game. We won’t even have 5 shots!!!

9 hours ago, soonbe110 said:

Half the posters on here would be gloating, the other half would disappear until the following weekend. 

Levein would need to change his mindset for away games for this to happen, something the Levein doubters have been asking for. So if it happens enjoy your weeks holiday .:pimp2:

Archived