Torquay United in trouble

davemclaren

Mars plastic

19 hours ago, Maroon Sailor said:

Love the handler saying the dog was just doing his job. Aye biting in to the thigh of a Torquay player !

David Platt scoring for Crewe. Must have been around the time Hibs weren't prepared to cough up dough for him.

davemclaren
44 minutes ago, Francis Albert said:

But we have built a lot of space and seem either to have changed our minds about how to fill it or only belatedly thinking of how to fill it, The conference/exhibition stuff wasn't as far as I recall mentioned in the initial plans. As for location, Gorgie has, unlike numerous other conference, meeting and exhibition venues in the city, has no decent hotel accomodation within walking distance.

It wasn’t mentioned originally. At the q&a session Ann said when they walked into the space after it was built it looked a lot bigger than had been imagined from the plans so they want to utilise it as much and as optimally as possible to generate income. 

1 hour ago, Francis Albert said:

And while perhaps a cheap shot, the stand project itself has not been a model of planning, budget control  or project management.

You'd almost think it was done on a tight time frame, from initial idea to (semi) completion. 

Geoff Kilpatrick
4 hours ago, Francis Albert said:

Fortunately or otherwise depending on your view of the intelligence of fans (my own view is that they have often seen things going wrong a lot quicker than those in charge of running the club) a look at the proposed governance proposals should duisabuse anyone of the notion that there is any risk Tom, Dick or Harry or indeed the FoH members en masse "calling the shots". FoH members' role is to continue their subs while self selected people with "special expertise" run the show.

But you have to have a good memory to recall the latest governance proposals, which were issued almost a year ago, with a consultation period ending 8 months ago, with still no summary released of comments received or of any response to those comments. 

The message seems to be "know your place" while being grateful for baubles like virtual plots.

I'm not disagreeing but when said sheepskin wannabees realise this there will be a backlash against FoH. Fun times ahead.

davemclaren
8 minutes ago, Geoff Kilpatrick said:

I'm not disagreeing but when said sheepskin wannabees realise this there will be a backlash against FoH. Fun times ahead.

I agree. ??

Archived