Tonights Champions League

Morgan

1 minute ago, Kiwidoug said:

Not saying this because he scored but Marcello has become my favourite European player.

Never seen him cheat.  Think he's superb.

you do realise he is not european and he does theatrically throw himself to the ground a fair bit

• Replies 781
  • Created
  • Last Reply

This tie is open. 

But just wonder all these chances missed by Bayern is a lack of belief. 

That Madrid have something over them.

Very evenly matched, I think this tie will be tight right to the end of the return leg.

Will be important to get Robben back for Bayern.

31 minutes ago, chester copperpot said:

Boring as feck so far. Nae Liverpool v Roma match this one.

Hope it heats up a bit

It is often the case though when heavyweights meet, it becomes a chess match.

12 minutes ago, Kiwidoug said:

Not saying this because he scored but Marcello has become my favourite European player.

Never seen him cheat.  Think he's superb.

You can't have seen much of him then! 

FWIW I like him too as he is prone to losing it from time to time. 

Just watched replays of both goals.

Am I correct or not but it looks as though Marcelo has placed the original ball on the pitch and if so should the ref have stopped play until that ball was the only one in play?

Should Munichs goal have counted!

Tennant's  6's
15 minutes ago, Mikey1874 said:

This tie is open. 

But just wonder all these chances missed by Bayern is a lack of belief. 

That Madrid have something over them.

traditionally,  I think that it's Bayern that have got something over Madrid.  

They might rue those good chances to be fair. 

Not got the fireworks of last night , but engrossing all the same 

22 minutes ago, Cade said:

Old fashioned chess match of a tie.

Engrossing if not spectacular.

Yes 

Though also a bit like a park kick about

1 hour ago, CJGJ said:

I'm still waiting for the invitation to arrive

With a prize like that everyone will want to be your mate !!!!

Would take a lot more than that.  ?

chester copperpot
27 minutes ago, VALDOS said:

It is often the case though when heavyweights meet, it becomes a chess match.

Heating up nicely now though :D

8 hours ago, johnmitchell said:

I keep hearing this, but I prefer the stat that Liverpool are undefeated in the entire Champions League this season, it's a much more impressive stat, plus Roma have lost 7 games at home in Seria A this season, so they do concede goals at home, and they've probably never faced a strike force at home as potent as Liverpool's, who I'm convinced will score at least once, and probably twice as Roma have to open up, and that plays into Liverpool's hands. 

On another note, I'm uber excited after that last night as I won a competition I entered through MasterCard, and I'm off to Kiev with a mate of mine for the final, irrespective of who's playing. Flights, hotels, transfers, match tickets, personal transport to the game from the hotel and back again after it, and spending money, I'm on cloud nine! :D 

That's an outstanding prize. Pity your team will ruin the night for you!

Bayern only have themselves to blame if they dont turn this around tonight.

Im torn here who I want to go through :huh:

shaun.lawson
16 minutes ago, VALDOS said:

Bayern only have themselves to blame if they dont turn this around tonight.

Im torn here who I want to go through :huh:

Sakes. You're supposed to be a Barcelona fanboy. Don't be a traitor to your cause. 

Both bayern and real have been shite tbh. Think Liverpool beat either of them in the final if they don't **** up in Rome.

15 minutes ago, shaun.lawson said:

Sakes. You're supposed to be a Barcelona fanboy. Don't be a traitor to your cause. 

:laugh: thats the thing, as a neutral who likes Spanish, German and Italian Football its hard to always keep my Barca colours on top!!

shaun.lawson
1 minute ago, VALDOS said:

:laugh: thats the thing, as a neutral who likes Spanish, German and Italian Football its hard to always keep my Barca colours on top!!

Fair dos. Liverpool winning the CL, Arsenal winning the EL and above all, Napoli winning Serie A would do me fine. 

shaun.lawson
7 minutes ago, AlimOzturk said:

Both bayern and real have been shite tbh. Think Liverpool beat either of them in the final if they don't **** up in Rome.

These things are often deceptive. I wasn't enthused by this game at all - but it was a high quality chess match. Liverpool only looked so good because Roma gave them the freedom of Merseyside. In a final v either RM or BM, they'd be clear underdogs I think.

1 minute ago, shaun.lawson said:

These things are often deceptive. I wasn't enthused by this game at all - but it was a high quality chess match. Liverpool only looked so good because Roma gave them the freedom of Merseyside. In a final v either RM or BM, they'd be clear underdogs I think.

If you think anything about that match was high quality then your time abroad has gone to your head

Poor match between 2 sides who can do better

2 hours ago, milky_26 said:

you do realise he is not european and he does theatrically throw himself to the ground a fair bit

I meant playing in Europe but thanks for the nitpicking.  He must theatrically throw himself to the ground when I'm not looking.

Have to admit I only see him in the CL as Sky here are so hopeless that they have lost the rights to the Spanish league as well as the EPL.  Theyve even managed to lose the tights to the next rugby world cup here in rugby mad NZ.

If he does play act a bit it's nothing compared to what Ramos and Isco did last time Real played Bayern.

Born cheats.

51 minutes ago, Sooperstar said:

Whoever comes through the Madrid/Bayern tie will win the competition.

Either would beat Roma by more than 3 goals 

11 hours ago, johnmitchell said:

I keep hearing this, but I prefer the stat that Liverpool are undefeated in the entire Champions League this season, it's a much more impressive stat, plus Roma have lost 7 games at home in Seria A this season, so they do concede goals at home, and they've probably never faced a strike force at home as potent as Liverpool's, who I'm convinced will score at least once, and probably twice as Roma have to open up, and that plays into Liverpool's hands. 

On another note, I'm uber excited after that last night as I won a competition I entered through MasterCard, and I'm off to Kiev with a mate of mine for the final, irrespective of who's playing. Flights, hotels, transfers, match tickets, personal transport to the game from the hotel and back again after it, and spending money, I'm on cloud nine! :D 

Messi and Suarez. 

They've also probably not faced a team with a starting centre half like Dejan Lovren at home either. 

They are still well in it.

24 minutes ago, Kiwidoug said:

I meant playing in Europe but thanks for the nitpicking.  He must theatrically throw himself to the ground when I'm not looking.

Have to admit I only see him in the CL as Sky here are so hopeless that they have lost the rights to the Spanish league as well as the EPL.  Theyve even managed to lose the tights to the next rugby world cup here in rugby mad NZ.

If he does play act a bit it's nothing compared to what Ramos and Isco did last time Real played Bayern.

Born cheats.

Disagree. I like Marcelo a lot as a player but he's up with the best of them for play acting.

14 minutes ago, Taffin said:

Disagree. I like Marcelo a lot as a player but he's up with the best of them for play acting.

Won't argue.  You will have seen a lot more of him.

8 hours ago, Kiwidoug said:

Won't argue.  You will have seen a lot more of him.

It's a shame as he also has games like the ones you've seen where he is a joy to watch and plays fair with a smile on his face but too often lets himself down.

I don't like Ramos.

The Old Tolbooth
11 hours ago, Sooperstar said:

That's an outstanding prize. Pity your team will ruin the night for you!

I'm not even convinced they'll even be in the final! :o 

8 hours ago, Taffin said:

Messi and Suarez. 

They've also probably not faced a team with a starting centre half like Dejan Lovren at home either. 

They are still well in it.

Lovren looks like a different player alongside Van Dijk, it's actually scary the transformation in him, now I'm off yo touch a bit of wood as I've probably jinxed him! 

Where Liverpool look like they could struggle is in midfield, because with the Ox and Can out for the season, and Henderson on a yellow card tightrope, they have absolutely no one to bring in, so if Henderson gets booked in the second semi, then it's curtains for the midfield should they make the final. 

Just now, johnmitchell said:

I'm not even convinced they'll even be in the final! :o 

Lovren looks like a different player alongside Van Dijk, it's actually scary the transformation in him, now I'm off yo touch a bit of wood as I've probably jinxed him! 

Where Liverpool look like they could struggle is in midfield, because with the Ox and Can out for the season, and Henderson on a yellow card tightrope, they have absolutely no one to bring in, so if Henderson gets booked in the second semi, then it's curtains for the midfield should they make the final. 

Very fair response John and correct too. I'm just trying to convince myself the tie isn't over as I want to watch another exciting game and it was fun winding people up who were giving it the cigars out chat at 5-0.

l Will be cheering them on all the way now in light of your prize win so you have an even better night to remember ??

The Old Tolbooth
Just now, Taffin said:

Very fair response John and correct too. I'm just trying to convince myself the tie isn't over as I want to watch another exciting game and it was fun winding people up who were giving it the cigars out chat at 5-0.

l Will be cheering them on all the way now in light of your prize win so you have an even better night to remember ??

As long as they get there, then the experience should be awesome, and I'll hold my hands up and admit that at 5 up, I was out chicken counting just a tad too soon, the Romans will make it an incredibly hostile atmosphere as they despise Liverpool for ruining their big day back in 1984, I can pretty much guarantee that the noises coming from their camp is to expect plenty of bookings also as they'll kick Liverpool off the park and try to unsettle them, I just hope they don't stoop to bribing the referee like they had to do in 1984 against Dundee United, because it really should have been them against Liverpool in that years final. 

shaun.lawson

If there's any justice in the world, John - one of the best people on here, always fair-minded, always good to talk to, and something of a Kickback institution - will get to watch his beloved Liverpool in the Champions League Final... and hopefully, win it. I was thrilled for him when I saw on FB that he'd won the competition. 

Radio Ga Ga
On 25/04/2018 at 12:11, johnmitchell said:

Just been notified that I’ve won a four day trip to the World Cup via Visa. Similar to your CL package, flights, 5* hotel, VIP hospitality at a Cat1 match, all transfers and a pre-paid Visa debit card (not sure how much they’re loading onto the card at this stage?) 

Need to pay for my own Russian entrance visa though?

Europa League and Atletico down to 10 men already...Arsenal were /are well on top and missed a couple of good chances already

Simeone now sent to the stand...complaning about a tackle when his player threw himself to the ground to try and get an Arsenal player booked..strong refereeing

Bazzas right boot

arsenal missing everything.

got 1-0 A Madrid all over it.

Godin is almost as good as Berra.

Arsenal are getting too carried away with Athletico being down a man.

Need to calm down and get the job done instead of rushing it.

You can see why the Atletico goalkeeper is so highly thought of ..another excellent save from Ramsey's header

But that equaliser really hurts Arsenal

Typical, typical Arsenal

Exactly the same kind of performance we've seen under Wenger far too often in the last few years.

:seething: 

What an atmosphere in Marseille again tonight. Be great to see them and Napoli win things over the next few weeks. Proper football clubs with superb supports. 

Archived