Natalie Sawyer

Gorgiewave

I'll tip one off on transfer deadline day in her memory.......

.....and most days inbetween....

.....ok all the days.......

......but not when I'm on kickback....... 

.......starting tomorrow.........

3 hours ago, shaun.lawson said:

whatever her cult status, she's actually a teeny bit plain

What does that have to do with anything?  Aren't the others on your list plain?

shaun.lawson
2 minutes ago, Ulysses said:

What does that have to do with anything?  Aren't the others on your list plain?

No. 

12 minutes ago, shaun.lawson said:

No. 

Why not?  Do you have to be good looking to be a sports pundit?  Is that why Ian Dowie never got a paying gig?  :eek:

shaun.lawson
7 minutes ago, Ulysses said:

Why not?  Do you have to be good looking to be a sports pundit?  Is that why Ian Dowie never got a paying gig?  :eek:

In the case of women, it would appear so, yes. Live by the sword, die by the sword (especially when it involves taking the Murdoch shilling). 

30 minutes ago, shaun.lawson said:

In the case of women, it would appear so, yes. Live by the sword, die by the sword (especially when it involves taking the Murdoch shilling). 

And there we have Shaun's "Me too" moment.

shaun.lawson
14 minutes ago, Ulysses said:

And there we have Shaun's "Me too" moment.

:D It's never been lost on me, my good man. Quite how Ms Sawyer feels about the first response to her tweet today thanking her fans being "I'll really miss your boobs" or words to that effect, goodness only knows.

But if women don't like this sort of culture, they shouldn't perpetuate it.

57 minutes ago, shaun.lawson said:

Yep, it's their fault alright.

shaun.lawson
Just now, Ulysses said:

Yep, it's their fault alright.

Not what I said either. 

11 minutes ago, shaun.lawson said:

Not what I said either. 

Who are you referring to, then?

shaun.lawson
1 minute ago, Ulysses said:

Who are you referring to, then?

Conditioning. I'm male - most men are visual to some extent or another. Because we're visual, companies like Sky employ presenters like those I listed. None of those presenters appear to have an issue with this; many play on it; and many are employed as a result of older female presenters being shunted off because of the same dynamic. Which keeps going round and round and round. 

The reason Natalie Sawyer was hired - and especially the reason she's remained so popular - is, by and large, because many men fancy her. Little or nothing to do with any real intelligence on her part (even though she has plenty): at least half of her job would appear to be "look good for the viewers". As it is for all Sky's other female presenters.

And you can say "that's wrong", and I'd agree. You can say "men should do much much better", and I'd agree there too. But you can't blame male viewers being sold eye candy for liking that eye candy; and if enough women complained and wanted something a lot different, change would come. But they don't. They're happy to play the game too: in this case, for one of the most unethical companies anywhere in world media.

1 minute ago, shaun.lawson said:

Conditioning. I'm male - most men are visual to some extent or another. Because we're visual, companies like Sky employ presenters like those I listed. None of those presenters appear to have an issue with this; many play on it; and many are employed as a result of older female presenters being shunted off because of the same dynamic. Which keeps going round and round and round. 

The reason Natalie Sawyer was hired - and especially the reason she's remained so popular - is, by and large, because many men fancy her. Little or nothing to do with any real intelligence on her part (even though she has plenty): at least half of her job would appear to be "look good for the viewers". As it is for all Sky's other female presenters.

And you can say "that's wrong", and I'd agree. You can say "men should do much much better", and I'd agree there too. But you can't blame male viewers being sold eye candy for liking that eye candy; and if enough women complained and wanted something a lot different, change would come. But they don't. They're happy to play the game too: in this case, for one of the most unethical companies anywhere in world media.

That doesn't really deal with what you said.

You said:

1 hour ago, shaun.lawson said:

I don't care about your conditioning, or Sky's response to it.

You said that if women don't like a culture they shouldn't perpetuate it.  You still haven't explained what you mean.

shaun.lawson
2 minutes ago, Ulysses said:

You said that if women don't like a culture they shouldn't perpetuate it.  You still haven't explained what you mean.

"Me Too" is having a major impact because all over the world, and not before time either, women have said "enough is enough". Exactly the same option is open to women in the broadcast media. They've not taken it; the most famous seem delighted to be paid to look good. 

Why?

28 minutes ago, shaun.lawson said:

"Me Too" is having a major impact because all over the world, and not before time either, women have said "enough is enough". Exactly the same option is open to women in the broadcast media. They've not taken it; the most famous seem delighted to be paid to look good. 

Why?

Nope, you're still not getting it.

Who on the "tit list" you were happy to post have professed themselves unhappy with the culture?  You said yourself that you've no idea what Natalie Sawyer's view is, but you're still happy to have a go at her.

It should have been ten
On 30/03/2018 at 19:23, jonnothejambo said:

Wait for it Shaun.

Some will agree with me.....

Aw go on then I'll agree with you. She's no a patch on Hazel Irvine :lol:

It should have been ten
On 30/03/2018 at 14:34, vegas-voss said:

She will end up at BT

Or Sportscene :rolleyes:

Just now, It should have been ten said:

:lol:

Why is that funny?

::troll::

It should have been ten
Just now, peter_hmfc said:

Why is that funny?

::troll::

:isee:

:D

shaun.lawson
1 hour ago, Ulysses said:

Who on the "tit list" you were happy to post have professed themselves unhappy with the culture? 

Nobody. QED.

It should have been ten
17 hours ago, The Real Maroonblood said:

Imagine giving a son or daughter their first name the same as their second name.:laugh:

I used to work beside a guy called William McWilliam, brutal :lol:

Also remember many moons ago at high school and the janny was called William Dick. Back then we thought having the name 'Willy Dick' was hilarious haha. 

It should have been ten
11 hours ago, jonnothejambo said:

She is indeed.

Shite presenter, unattractive and supports the vermin.

That's three strikes without even mentioning her drink driving.

Agreed, she’s a bit manly as is Gabby Logan imo ?

Seymour M Hersh
20 hours ago, Ulysses said:

I'm asking you to explain what the basis for your order of merit is.

If you can't do that, then your list is just a random piece of nonsense.

Why should he have to explain it to you? Are you some sort of babe moderator? I'm no snoreson apologist but ifs gee's peace! 

3 hours ago, Seymour M Hersh said:

Why should he have to explain it to you?

He doesn't have to if he doesn't want to.

He already has, by the way.  :thumbsup:

10 hours ago, shaun.lawson said:

Nobody. QED.

QED?  Don't you read what you post?

You do realise that you've just proved the exact opposite of the point you were making?

By your own rationale, none of these presenters can be at fault for claiming not to like a culture while perpetuating it, and none of them fall within the remit of your clichéd generalisation.  Why?  Because even if they all can be accused of perpetuating the culture, none of them can be accused of objecting to it at the same time.

Your point was that if women don't like the culture they shouldn't perpetuate it, and the person you targeted with that argument was Natalie Sawyer - as is clear from the first paragraph of the post where you made the claim.  However, you later pointed out that Natalie Sawyer hasn't done that, which by your own rationale means she is blameless in this regard.

shaun.lawson
3 hours ago, Ulysses said:

QED?  Don't you read what you post?

You do realise that you've just proved the exact opposite of the point you were making?

By your own rationale, none of these presenters can be at fault for claiming not to like a culture while perpetuating it, and none of them fall within the remit of your clichéd generalisation.  Why?  Because even if they all can be accused of perpetuating the culture, none of them can be accused of objecting to it at the same time.

Your point was that if women don't like the culture they shouldn't perpetuate it, and the person you targeted with that argument was Natalie Sawyer - as is clear from the first paragraph of the post where you made the claim.  However, you later pointed out that Natalie Sawyer hasn't done that, which by your own rationale means she is blameless in this regard.

?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!

Do you understand the meaning of the word "if"? For that matter, do you understand the meaning of the word "targeted" either?

John Findlay
16 hours ago, It should have been ten said:

I used to work beside a guy called William McWilliam, brutal :lol:

Also remember many moons ago at high school and the janny was called William Dick. Back then we thought having the name 'Willy Dick' was hilarious haha. 

In the days before Haymarket station was refurbished and the ticket office only had the two serving windows. There was some shifts where Robert Burns would serve you at one window and William Wallace at the other. 

3 hours ago, shaun.lawson said:

?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!

Do you understand the meaning of the word "if"? For that matter, do you understand the meaning of the word "targeted" either?

Nice try, Shaun.  Same shrill attention-seeking, different year.

:thumbsup:

shaun.lawson
1 minute ago, Ulysses said:

Nice try, Shaun.  Same shrill attention-seeking, different year.

:thumbsup:

Nice try, Uly. Same pedantic chasing posters around the board and conducting tedious, contradictory, illogical arguments with them based on nothing, different year. 

When accusing others of attention seeking, it is sensible not to be guilty of it yourself. Very frequently. :thumbsup: 

1 minute ago, shaun.lawson said:

Nice try, Uly. Same pedantic chasing posters around the board and conducting tedious, contradictory, illogical arguments with them based on nothing, different year. 

When accusing others of attention seeking, it is sensible not to be guilty of it yourself. Very frequently. :thumbsup: 

You typed that post about women being to blame and posted it without even knowing what point you were trying to make, which probably accounts for the logical fallacies it contained.

Less shrieking, more quality - and spare us the "liberal" guff when you're being anything but.

It should have been ten
4 hours ago, John Findlay said:

In the days before Haymarket station was refurbished and the ticket office only had the two serving windows. There was some shifts where Robert Burns would serve you at one window and William Wallace at the other. 

Belter :lol:

4 hours ago, Ulysses said:

Less shrieking, more quality - and spare us the "liberal" guff when you're being anything but.

Where is the like button.

19 hours ago, John Findlay said:

Not as good as that John but my wife knew a Doctor called Donald Duck.

True.

12 minutes ago, Morgan said:

Not as good as that John but my wife knew a Doctor called Donald Duck.

True.

On a related note, I once knew a doctor from South East Asia whose name was Dr Quack (I can't remember how it was spelled, but that's how it was pronounced).

I worked in his office for a few days, and not once did I fail to be amused when the phone would ring and he would pick it up and answer (without adding "Dr" or anything) "Quack!" :D

1 minute ago, redjambo said:

On a related note, I once knew a doctor from South East Asia whose name was Dr Quack (I can't remember how it was spelled, but that's how it was pronounced).

I worked in his office for a few days, and not once did I fail to be amused when the phone would ring and he would pick it up and answer (without adding "Dr" or anything) "Quack!" :D

Brilliant!

:D:laugh:

Just now, Morgan said:

Brilliant!

:D:laugh:

It would have been a Viz reader's dream if Dr Duck and Dr Quack had ever met. :D

7 minutes ago, redjambo said:

It would have been a Viz reader's dream if Dr Duck and Dr Quack had ever met. :D

Imagine the size of the bill if they’d gone for a meal.

39 minutes ago, Morgan said:

Imagine the size of the bill if they’d gone for a meal.

:D

What a fowl pun!

The White Cockade
2 hours ago, redjambo said:

maybe he was Mandarin

:robbo:

17 minutes ago, The White Cockade said:

maybe he was Mandarin

:robbo:

ac732045aeffc358ac563d4731857a56.jpg

Maroon Sailor
48 minutes ago, Boozyuzi said:

She is heading to the new Sky Racing channel that replaces At The Races.

So she hasn't left SKY at all

Eye candy to get the viewers in by the looks of that - the same way they trotted out the woeful Hayley for Scottish Football.

Archived