• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Ray Gin

• LesJambes

• deesidejambo

• Unknown user

Unknown user
32 minutes ago, Justin Z said:

Sure, here's the link, or you can also click the little Facebook logo F in the upper right corner of the original post.

https://www.facebook.com/jacktheexcynic/posts/10157770803309614

FYI whatever you did to post that doesn't work for me either, I don't see the post or a Facebook F

Edited by Smithee

Governor Tarkin
2 hours ago, Smithee said:

FYI whatever you did to post that doesn't work for me either, I don't see the post or a Facebook F

Don't upset him, Smithee.

He's American. He'll probably shoot you.

3 hours ago, Smithee said:

That's weird! Maybe an upgrade issue @davemclaren?

37 minutes ago, Governor Tarkin said:

Don't upset him, Smithee.

He's American. He'll probably shoot you.

:24_shocked:

:sterb032::rifle:

Here's how it looks on desktop @davemclaren but maybe a mobile issue, @Smithee?

image.png.c50c338f8218f5eb81e15f1cf3cbaffa.png

Edit: Or, it just occurred to me it could be a browser privacy setting to not allow scripts between sites or something to that effect. I do remember I changed something a while back that let me see Twitter posts properly on Kickback (only) so maybe it's related to that.

Edited by Justin Z

Unknown user
Just now, Justin Z said:

Here's how it looks on desktop @davemclaren but maybe a mobile issue, @Smithee?

image.png.c50c338f8218f5eb81e15f1cf3cbaffa.png

Quite possibly, I'm using duckduckgo browser on android if it helps, this is what I see 

Screenshot_20190723-152903_DuckDuckGo.thumb.jpg.98ccd56c1472268d5fb7af1124c606fd.jpg

davemclaren
13 minutes ago, Justin Z said:

Ah yeah, that'll be it then for sure.

Good as it’s sounds complicated. The more browsers used the harder to get things working. 

3 minutes ago, davemclaren said:

Good as it’s sounds complicated. The more browsers used the harder to get things working. 

Can only imagine!

Edited by Justin Z

• 1 month later...

Do you have to be a moron to subscribe to religion? No, but it probably helps.

Catholic School Bans Harry Potter Books Because They Contain ‘Real Curses And Spells’

A Roman Catholic school in Tennessee has banished JK Rowling’s universally popular series of Harry Potter novels from its library shelves after its pastor took exception to their portrayal of magic, warning the spells and curses the author describes are real and “risk conjuring evil spirits” when read.

. . .

Reports also note that Rev. Reehil claims that he “consulted several exorcists in the U.S. and Rome who recommended removing the books.”

:jj_facepalm:

2 hours ago, Justin Z said:

Catholic School Bans Harry Potter Books Because They Contain ‘Real Curses And Spells’

A Roman Catholic school in Tennessee has banished JK Rowling’s universally popular series of Harry Potter novels from its library shelves after its pastor took exception to their portrayal of magic, warning the spells and curses the author describes are real and “risk conjuring evil spirits” when read.

. . .

Reports also note that Rev. Reehil claims that he “consulted several exorcists in the U.S. and Rome who recommended removing the books.”

It's beyond belief that such opinions are listened to in 2019.  Evil spirits? Seriously? Anyone who spouts such nonsense needs medical help.

1 hour ago, Maple Leaf said:

It's beyond belief that such opinions are listened to in 2019.  Evil spirits? Seriously? Anyone who spouts such nonsense needs medical help.

To be fair, if you believe in god then it’s not such a huge leap to believe in all the other spirits. 

10 minutes ago, davemclaren said:

To be fair, if you believe in god then it’s not such a huge leap to believe in all the other spirits. 

Possibly. But while all Catholics believe in God, I suspect that it's only a tiny minority who believe that reading Harry Potter books can conjure up evil spirits.

6 hours ago, Justin Z said:

. . .

Seems to be an American thing.

4 hours ago, Maple Leaf said:

It's written in a book so it must be true.

3 hours ago, Maple Leaf said:

Possibly. But while all Catholics believe in God, I suspect that it's only a tiny minority who believe that reading Harry Potter books can conjure up evil spirits.

Of course, what right thinking christian's going to believe a bunch of made up supernatural bollocks just because it's in a book? That would be mental.

3 hours ago, ri Alban said:

Seems to be an American thing.

Do not get me started. The relative levels of sanity here, compared to back there, are off the charts :lol:

Governor Tarkin
3 minutes ago, Justin Z said:

Do not get me started. The relative levels of sanity here, compared to back there, are off the charts :lol:

The current shit-show, notwithstanding, I assume?

6 minutes ago, Governor Tarkin said:

The current shit-show, notwithstanding, I assume?

You assume correctly. The religious nutters have been emboldened bigtime in the current climate, but they have always been a source of seethe, consternation and pure avoidance.