McGhee & Weiss v Billy Davies

Charlie-Brown

Charlie-Brown

Many posters seem to quite like the idea of Billy Davies being Hearts manager and are disappointed he isn't in the frame.

Why do they think Mark McGhee & Vladimir Weiss were approached and offered the Hearts job but their man wasn't?

What makes McGhee & Weiss different to Billy Davies?

Many posters seem to quite like the idea of Billy Davies being Hearts manager and are disappointed he isn't in the frame.

Why do they think Mark McGhee & Vladimir Weiss were approached and offered the Hearts job but their man wasn't?

What makes McGhee & Weiss different to Billy Davies?

CO was giving the job of getting our new manager and he thought he had MM in the bag. When the fell through VR took over the role of manager hunter and thats the reason we stopped looking at British managers IMO.

Tommy Brown

McGhee - a very good choice IMO. got an average Motherwell squad playing attractive football and finished 3rd. IMO he was tapped up in January, but waited to end of season because of the Phil O'Donnell aspect (undestanably). The press would have had a field day with us. MM stature grows, Scotland job interview follows. Pretty sure he see's himself as next Parkhead manager, why risk it at the circus.

Weiss - I like the thought tht he touted himself as available back in the Russian league, thus alerting Romanov. Has good credentials but did not tick the january job description boxes. But who else on the shorlist did.

Davies - Don't understand why, did well Preston, took Derby from relegation zone into play-offs and won them. Entered the Premier League on a no hope basis as he came up too quick and did not have financial backing and solid foundation (did paul Jewel see a dramatic turnaround?)

Openly said he is interested.

HMFC: Are you interested in being head Coach

BD (or whoever): Yes, definately.

HMFC: Mr Romanov will still have a say in team selection, is that OK?

BD (or whoever): NO.

HMFC: Goodbye, hope you find yourself a job.

Charlie-Brown
McGhee - a very good choice IMO. got an average Motherwell squad playing attractive football and finished 3rd. IMO he was tapped up in January, but waited to end of season because of the Phil O'Donnell aspect (undestanably). The press would have had a field day with us. MM stature grows, Scotland job interview follows. Pretty sure he see's himself as next Parkhead manager, why risk it at the circus.

Weiss - I like the thought tht he touted himself as available back in the Russian league, thus alerting Romanov. Has good credentials but did not tick the january job description boxes. But who else on the shorlist did.

Davies - Don't understand why, did well Preston, took Derby from relegation zone into play-offs and won them. Entered the Premier League on a no hope basis as he came up too quick and did not have financial backing and solid foundation (did paul Jewel see a dramatic turnaround?)

Openly said he is interested.

HMFC: Are you interested in being head Coach

BD (or whoever): Yes, definately.

HMFC: Mr Romanov will still have a say in team selection, is that OK?

BD (or whoever): NO.

HMFC: Goodbye, hope you find yourself a job.

That would suggest that McGhee & Weiss answered your hypothetical conversation differently to get to the stage of having meetings & being offered the job.

I would suggest that Davies attitude has worked against him.

Too headstrong for VR? Possibly.

Too headstrong for VR? Possibly.

Not so much that, more the "I will not apply, if Hearts want me they will have to come and get me". IMO.

I think Davies is just not likeable.

Do i think he could do the job most probably

Would he last ? No chance neither him or Vlad would allow it to work.

Not so much that, more the "I will not apply, if Hearts want me they will have to come and get me". IMO.

To be fair is that really that bad a attitude to have BH ? I doubt Weiss or MM applied but we still approached them. IMO at top level football very few managers who apply for the jobs actually get them. Normal practice is to go after the people you want.

To be fair is that really that bad a attitude to have BH ? I doubt Weiss or MM applied but we still approached them. IMO at top level football very few managers who apply for the jobs actually get them. Normal practice is to go after the people you want.

It is not a matter of what you or I think is bad or not. That bampot that controls everything at our club wants subservient people. He wants them to beg to be Hearts fans, he does NOT want them to be R@ng*rs or C*lt!c fans. I do not think that Davies fits VR's profile for an employable Scottish manager.

It is not a matter of what you or I think is bad or not. That bampot that controls everything at our club wants subservient people. He wants them to beg to be Hearts fans, he does NOT want them to be R@ng*rs or C*lt!c fans. I do not think that Davies fits VR's profile for an employable Scottish manager.

May as well stick with Frail then. When we have run out of things to moan about in footballing terms we can start on his gingerness.

May as well stick with Frail then. When we have run out of things to moan about in footballing terms we can start on his gingerness.

Better be careful, a high profile admin member is ginger and will have you for that. ;)

I 'ate gingers! :)

Better be careful, a high profile admin member is ginger and will have you for that. ;)

I 'ate gingers! :)

I thought it was strawberry blonde ?

:byebye:

:527:

I thought it was strawberry blonde ?

:byebye:

:527:

HE thinks it's strawberry blonde! In reality, we all know different.:)

The rumour is nobody will touch Davies. Allegedly involved in the Tommy Sheridan swinging scandal. Could be a scurrilous rumour, but it is strange he's not been offered anything by anyone.

In saying that i heard Hearts had approached him, but he was wanting too much money.

Archived