I miss the happy days

EuanD

I know to most that 86 is a sore point but to me this was happy days as a Hearts supporter. Yeah we got pipped to the cup and the league but to a 9 year old boy (who was brought up as a hibs supporter but didnt like green) standing on the terraces I was in heaven. I made my dad (Hibs supporter though and through) take me to many a game. I even managed to get my first ST. The team IMO were for the most up for a battle and had it not been for that flu epedemic im sure we would have done the business.

To me the team back in those days were the best we've had. Yes, weve won the cup twice since then, (Unfortunately I missed both games :() wich made me extreamly happy and proud to be a hearts supporter but even I cant help think Gretna were unlucky... Truth be told, we played ****e and were lucky it went our way (I'll take that luck though).

I miss the likes of Robbo, Jardine, Levein, Black, Clark, Berry , Colquhoun, Foster, Mcpherson. I kiss the fight for the badge adn I know them days will most likely not return what with the current trends of football.

To most of you im most likely rabbating a lot of pish (drink) but I know what I miss and it all boils down to IMO the foreigner rules! Since the foreigner rules were laxed it's all gone down hill, yes one or two can be a breath of fresh air but team fulls are not only killing our league teams they are also killing our national team.

I SAY BRING BACK THE OLD RULES... let our kids play and lets advance scottish football

Jam Tarts 1874
I know to most that 86 is a sore point but to me this was happy days as a Hearts supporter. Yeah we got pipped to the cup and the league but to a 9 year old boy (who was brought up as a hibs supporter but didnt like green) standing on the terraces I was in heaven. I made my dad (Hibs supporter though and through) take me to many a game. I even managed to get my first ST. The team IMO were for the most up for a battle and had it not been for that flu epedemic im sure we would have done the business.

To me the team back in those days were the best we've had. Yes, weve won the cup twice since then, (Unfortunately I missed both games :() wich made me extreamly happy and proud to be a hearts supporter but even I cant help think Gretna were unlucky... Truth be told, we played ****e and were lucky it went our way (I'll take that luck though).

I miss the likes of Robbo, Jardine, Levein, Black, Clark, Berry , Colquhoun, Foster, Mcpherson. I kiss the fight for the badge adn I know them days will most likely not return what with the current trends of football.

To most of you im most likely rabbating a lot of pish (drink) but I know what I miss and it all boils down to IMO the foreigner rules! Since the foreigner rules were laxed it's all gone down hill, yes one or two can be a breath of fresh air but team fulls are not only killing our league teams they are also killing our national team.

I SAY BRING BACK THE OLD RULES... let our kids play and lets advance scottish football

Nothing wrong with having the good memories, there were indeed some great times whilst Mercer was in charge.

Many teams still have lots of Scottish players mainly due to not being able to afford lots of foreign "stars". I think at Hearts we will see more of the young Scottish players coming through over the next couple of seasons, we also cannot now afford to carry on with these over-paid foreigners. UEFA want to change the rules again on foreign players, not sure if it will come to fruition though. So far I know the FA in England are dead against it.

Romanticising the past is all very well but it won't get you any further forwards at present.

Those were good 'innocent' days, before Murray's millions ruined Scottish football and when Hearts completely owned Hibs to the point that we almost bought the b@stards. If only...

Nelly Terraces

Monday, Tuesday, Happy Days!!

I miss it as well, i loved the Fonz, yeeeah.

fonz.jpg

Archived