EURO 2008, how good has it been?

The Old Tolbooth

The Old Tolbooth

Personally I think Euro 2008 has been superb!

Probably the best football tourney for entertainment that I can remember, even better than any world cup I can remember, except 1978 (which I have very vague memories of as I was only 7).

The main reasons this tourney has been brilliant for me is

1. Hollands pure brilliance

2. Russia's style

3. Turkeys never say die attitude

4. Spain's front line

Yet for me the best game of the tourney is still to come, Holland v Russia, this game I reckon will be the game of the competition and I really wouldn't like to call it as the Dutch are so prolific in front of goal, and the Russians are so good at one touch passes and movements that they could punish anyone!

I reckon it's been refreshing because the big boys are either out or struggling and I really hope that a smaller/unfancied nation wins the tourney.

What's your thoughts?

Graham Thomson

Turkey games have been so exciting, holland brilliant, germany, well, germany, portugal, usual, ronaldo pesh......really enjoyed it though.......

best tourny ever though, i was 10, the 1970 world cup

p.s going to Turkey on hols next week,..

chester copperpot
Personally I think Euro 2008 has been superb!

Probably the best football tourney for entertainment that I can remember, even better than any world cup I can remember, except 1978 (which I have very vague memories of as I was only 7).

The main reasons this tourney has been brilliant for me is

1. Hollands pure brilliance

2. Russia's style

3. Turkeys never say die attitude

4. Spain's front line

Yet for me the best game of the tourney is still to come, Holland v Russia, this game I reckon will be the game of the competition and I really wouldn't like to call it as the Dutch are so prolific in front of goal, and the Russians are so good at one touch passes and movements that they could punish anyone!

I reckon it's been refreshing because the big boys are either out or struggling and I really hope that a smaller/unfancied nation wins the tourney.

What's your thoughts?

Its been great, but with Germany, Holland and Italy/Spain in the Semi's, same old for me. I think its been an awesome tournie. Its like last night for example, Germany have been cack all tournie, but they know how to win a football tournie.

Hope Holland or Spain will win, as it gets me megabucks, but think it may just be Germany or Italy now.

It's been top notch. Loads of great matches and only a couple of boring games.

It has really saved the day for me, finished uni and have literally nothing to do so the footballs been a saviour!

It's been good, the only down side being its been hosted by two pish nations (also a joint bid which I'm not a fan of). It was much better in 2004 in Portugal when it was in a proper footballing country and also when the host nation do well it brings the tournament to life.

It would make the tournament if Spain or Holland won it as they're the best footballing sides but I have a funny feeling Italy and Russia will go through.

Would be good if Spain won it though. Their football so far has been absolutely fantastic.

Archived