Ratings Against Motherwell

All Out Attack

All Out Attack

McLaughlin - 5 - Shaky early but unlucky with goal.

Godhino - 4 - Just what we need, another ordinary right back. Not really in it today.
Hughes - 5 - His usual kind of performance.
Souttar - 6 - Couple of mistakes but ok.
Berra - 6 - Can't do it all himself.
Randall - 5 - Not bad considering he is a right back.

Callachan - 1 - Why does he continue to get a game. Never Hearts quality.
Cochrane 1 Should have been hooked at half time. Out muscled, out paced, out jumped and set plays were absolutely horrendous. One good pass the whole game. Surviving on one good game against Celtic.
Adao - 5 - Why is he still lunging into tackles.

Naismith - 6 - Too deep second half.
Lafferty - 6 - Not easy playing up front in a Levein team.

Subs
Milinkovic - 6 - Changed the game once again. 

Levein - 0 - Horrendous team selection from the person who has presided over all player signings over the last few years. We are an absolute shambles.

Season over.....

• Replies 127
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, everton_jambo said:

Actually though got Godinho was one of the few positives today

Agree, thought the boy did well in the circumstances 

1 minute ago, everton_jambo said:

Agreed thought he done not to bad actually, 

lost in space
4 minutes ago, All Out Attack said:

Godhino - 4 - Just what we need, another ordinary right back. Not really in it today.

Cochrane 1 Should have been hooked at half time. Out muscled, out paced, out jumped and set plays were absolutely horrendous. One good pass the whole game. Surviving on one good game against Celtic.

Subs

Levein - 0 - Horrendous team selection from the person who has presided over all player signings over the last few years. We are an absolute shambles.

Season over.....

Knee jerk reaction.

Not going to bother with player ratings other than 

Callachan - 0

He should never play in maroon again. I dont care if hes a hearts fan hes not good enough. 

Thought Godhino had a decent 2nd half but Leveins pet project wee Harry wasn’t the man for the job today I’m afraid ? but not sure anyone really gets pass marks. Season over by Easter, gutted. See you at Easter Rd

10 minutes ago, everton_jambo said:

He did ok but can't say I am too excited about him. 

Adao does a lot of work, but he is a bomb scare with some of those tackles, he also has to sort out his distribution as he gives the ball away far too often.

Ibrahim Tall

Godinho was good 2nd half, 1st half he was poor but that was probably mainly because he had Callachan ahead of him. Looked a different player once he had an actual footballer in front of him.

McLaughlin - 7 Did well to keep their first out. WTF Callachan was doing only he knows

Godhino - 6 Very good 2nd half.
Hughes - 6 Reliable as ever. Not spectacular but solid
Souttar - 7 Hope we can keep him.
Berra - 7 - Much better than Tuesday night
Randall - 6 Not his preferred role but stuck at it. Rather him than Michael Smith

Callachan - 4 - Inexplicable. I know he's one of us but dearie me that's a Jordan McGhee level brainfart

Cochrane 5 Not one of his better games.
Adao - 6 Would like to keep with decent players beside him he'll make a difference but must stop getting booked

Naismith - 7 Never stopped trying, encouraging and talking to young players.
Lafferty - 6 - Quality penalty but could have taken a touch on more than one occasion or found a team mate. Really unlucky with the one off the post.
Subs
Milinkovic - 6 - Should have started. 

Levein - Will become the target again. Why the team that started the 2nd half isn't the team that started the first only he knows.

All Out Attack
Just now, jamboy1982 said:

Does the op ever post anything positive?

When we play well, yes. However I think you need to ask yourself, when was the last time that happened.

Thankfully I had work commitments today, but there were 5000 Hearts supporters who were at short changed today. 

I’d ignore the first half. Second half we played well. Not taking our chances is our Achilles heel. 

11 minutes ago, lost in space said:

Knee jerk reaction.

This is the comment of someone totally accepting of failure 

Thankfully we have a manager who will deliver that for you in spades 

If we go down there on Friday and they dominate us in midfield and get ahead inside 10 mins (nigh on certainty btw) then Levein is under real pressure 

All Out Attack
2 minutes ago, Spencer said:

If we go down there on Friday and they dominate us in midfield and get ahead inside 10 mins (nigh on certainty btw) then Levein is under real pressure 

Agreed. 

3 minutes ago, Jamhammer said:

McLaughlin - 7 Did well to keep their first out. WTF Callachan was doing only he knows

Randall - 6 Not his preferred role but stuck at it. Rather him than Michael Smith

Callachan - 4 - Inexplicable. I know he's one of us but dearie me that's a Jordan McGhee level brainfart

Adao - 6 Would like to keep with decent players beside him he'll make a difference but must stop getting booked

Lafferty - 6 - Quality penalty but could have taken a touch on more than one occasion or found a team mate. Really unlucky with the one off the post.
Subs

Levein - Will become the target again. Why the team that started the 2nd half isn't the team that started the first only he knows.

Mainly agree.Except Callachan a 2 and Cochrane a 3. At least Cochrane is only 16 but today was not one for his scrap book. Too easily brushed aside and his dead ball use was poor. I would give Adao a 7 as he was a one man show in midfield.

I think the OP gets some unfair criticism tbh, there's not a lot wrong with those ratings

Berra, Souttar and McLaughlin are class at the back 

Naismith and Lafferty are quality upfront 

Randall, Milinkovic and Adao are all decent and Mitchell is very good going forward 

The rest of the squad are poor to ordinary imo

Mclaughlin - 4

Berra - 5

Souttar - 5

Hughes - 5

Godinho - 5

Randall - 5

Cochrane - 4

Callachan - 1

Adao - 6

Naismith - 6.5

Lafferty - 6.5

Milinkovic - 7

Amankwaa - irrelevant 

Smith - Irrelevant

Shockingly poor all round.  The aimless hoofing was embarrassing. Devoid of any creativity.

It was just ****ing bad. If Levein instructed them to play hoofball in the first half he needs to have a long look at himself. There is zero point whatsoever having players like Cochrane, Adao, Milinkovic, Naismith, Souttar and Lafferty if we are going to play back to front every chance. If we wanted that we could just go and get Jim Jeffries back. At least then we'd be doing it right!

21 minutes ago, everton_jambo said:

Agree with this also . It was the guys first game and I think he has good potential 

8 minutes ago, Jamhammer said:

Subs

Can you tell me where these are being plucked from? 

davemclaren
1 minute ago, Spencer said:

That’s Levein’s job in the summer. 

Dr Ian Malcolm

Naismith was our best player by an absolute mile. When he actually had folk playing within his vicinity second half, everything good went through him. Godinho was half decent and Milinkovic made a big difference.

Callachan displayed a level of stupidity I did t think was possible at this level. Cochrane was badly out his depth and should have been hooked. The rest were meh.

24 minutes ago, All Out Attack said:

Subs

Season over.....

Unfair on Godhino thought he was one of the few positives.

Adao seems to be the only player outside the back four actually making any tackles, you certainly cant fault him for his commitment.

Thought Lafferty did well on limited supply.

The rest meh.....

1 minute ago, BigAlim said:

I think the OP gets some unfair criticism tbh, there's not a lot wrong with those ratings

Berra, Souttar and McLaughlin are class at the back 

Naismith and Lafferty are quality upfront 

Randall, Milinkovic and Adao are all decent and Mitchell is very good going forward 

The rest of the squad are poor to ordinary imo

Fairly sad state of affairs when 5 of the 9 you mentioned are loan players and another is leaving 

The squad is truly ****ing horrendous. So much so as a team have just rlimanted us on their home pitch whilst supported by 1/3 of those in attendance

No under achievement here though  

Really think young Harry needs to bulk up a bit, he's a bit too puny and some gym work would help him shrug off some of the big uglies he has to deal with. Would maybe help his stamina too he looked done in quite early on today. He is going to be a great player in time though.

5 minutes ago, OTT said:

Mclaughlin - 4

Berra - 5

Souttar - 5

Hughes - 5

Godinho - 5

Randall - 5

Cochrane - 4

Callachan - 1

Adao - 6

Naismith - 6.5

Lafferty - 6.5

Milinkovic - 7

Amankwaa - irrelevant 

Smith - Irrelevant

Shockingly poor all round.  The aimless hoofing was embarrassing. Devoid of any creativity.

It was just ****ing bad. If Levein instructed them to play hoofball in the first half he needs to have a long look at himself. There is zero point whatsoever having players like Cochrane, Adao, Milinkovic, Naismith, Souttar and Lafferty if we are going to play back to front every chance. If we wanted that we could just go and get Jim Jeffries back. At least then we'd be doing it right!

You are spot on.

Motherwell were also playing mostly hoofball, but with 3 upfront,far more structure, and with players supporting it was at least organised looking. They looked like their players knew what they were meant to be doing.

All Out Attack
3 minutes ago, davemclaren said:

That’s Levein’s job in the summer. 

Dave

Can you honestly say, hand on heart,  that Levein is the one you would want to lead us through another window?

maroonnicky63
Just now, All Out Attack said:

Subs

Season over.....

Cochrane was way better than that what the hell were you watching

2 minutes ago, maroonnicky63 said:

Much the same as the rest of us. 1 is a bit harsh but he was really like a boy in a man's game today. With so little beside him he was not up to it .

Fozzyonthefence
32 minutes ago, everton_jambo said:

He was much better 2nd half, honking in the 1st - pretty much like most of the team.

For all the posters slating the team selection, how many changes would you have made to that starting 11? I agree Callaghan should be nowhere near the team but you can only piss with the ****** you’ve got and the midfield options are so poor it’s embarrassing.

2 minutes ago, maroonnicky63 said:

Really? I love Harry and he will be a top top player.

But...

based on today- he looked as if his feet were stuck in glue, he was brushed off the ball on numerous occasions, including the winning goal, his dead balls were absolutely atrocious, and his distribution patchy at best.

He needs a rest, to build him up a bit, before we knock all his confidence out of him.

only numbers i can come up with is that the team as a whole took one big step forward, and now we’ve taken 10 even bigger steps back.

5 minutes ago, merrymac said:

You are spot on.

Motherwell were also playing mostly hoofball, but with 3 upfront,far more structure, and with players supporting it was at least organised looking. They looked like their players knew what they were meant to be doing.

Motherwell were woeful. They were embarrassingly one dimensional, i.e the ball had to go wide and then be crossed into the box, every single time. It was painfully predictable.

We just didn't have that structure to our play. 

Thunderstruck
3 minutes ago, Spencer said:

Where did Adao come from? Who on here knew of him before he signed? Who thought we would get Mitchell on loan from ManU? Who thought we would have Naismith or Malinkovic on the books?

Keeping Adao and Malinkovic, getting Djoum back to fitness and developing the youngsters - Cochrane, MacDonald, Irvine and co. 

The seeds of today’s disappointment were in the injuries to Djoum and Mitchell both of whom would have greatly improved us today. We can only guess at who else was struggling with knocks but I doubt that today’s line-up was entirely down to choice. 

2 minutes ago, OTT said:

Motherwell were woeful. They were embarrassingly one dimensional, i.e the ball had to go wide and then be crossed into the box, every single time. It was painfully predictable.

We just didn't have that structure to our play. 

They are painful to watch agreed.

But lets be honest most goals from open play come from..................crosses into the box. At least they got players into the box to contest.

Our few crosses in,  there was generally only Laff there, and to be fair he did brilliantly a couple of times.

Liamthejambo

I said in a previous post , they score we can’t win. Let’s blame Cathro for today . 

20 minutes ago, Spencer said:

The same place him, Naismith and Lafferty were "plucked" from, hopefully. Not the same place Callachan was "plucked" from though.

5 minutes ago, Thunderstruck said:

Where did Adao come from? Who on here knew of him before he signed? Who thought we would get Mitchell on loan from ManU? Who thought we would have Naismith or Malinkovic on the books?

Keeping Adao and Malinkovic, getting Djoum back to fitness and developing the youngsters - Cochrane, MacDonald, Irvine and co. 

The seeds of today’s disappointment were in the injuries to Djoum and Mitchell both of whom would have greatly improved us today. We can only guess at who else was struggling with knocks but I doubt that today’s line-up was entirely down to choice. 

Levein said as much pre match but it won't excuse him

Cruyff Turn

McLaughlin 5

Hughes 5

Souttar 5

Berra 6

Godinho 5

Callachan 1

Adao 6

Cochrane 4

Randall 5

Naismith 6

Lafferty 6

Milinkovic 6

Leveins ultra negative tactics cost us again. 

Pish all round.

1 minute ago, merrymac said:

They are painful to watch agreed.

But lets be honest most goals from open play come from..................crosses into the box. At least they got players into the box to contest.

Our few crosses in,  there was generally only Laff there, and to be fair he did brilliantly a couple of times.

Absolutely, I'm not arguing, they were bad, we were worse! Motherwell clearly had a game plan, get wide, put balls into the box - see what happens. That boy Main is built for that style of play, every part of motherwells team was geared towards that way of playing.

I'm at a loss as to what our game plan actually was. more often than not it was being punted up to Lafferty and the Well players were attacking straight away. Utterly shambolic. I actually feel bad for Laffery, Naismith and Berra, 3 solid pro's that are doing their jobs well but being let down by pish all around them. We should be looking forward to a semi final. Instead our seasons basically over. 

50 minutes ago, All Out Attack said:

Subs

Season over.....

If you've given Levein a zero then you can't give Cochrane a 1. He was never a one, 0.5 at best. 

grumpyespana
48 minutes ago, everton_jambo said:

Have to agree the laddie had a good game, also Cochrane was out his depth as for Callachan deffo a school boy error which in a way cost us the game.

1 minute ago, OTT said:

Absolutely, I'm not arguing, they were bad, we were worse! Motherwell clearly had a game plan, get wide, put balls into the box - see what happens. That boy Main is built for that style of play, every part of motherwells team was geared towards that way of playing.

I'm at a loss as to what our game plan actually was. more often than not it was being punted up to Lafferty and the Well players were attacking straight away. Utterly shambolic. I actually feel bad for Laffery, Naismith and Berra, 3 solid pro's that are doing their jobs well but being let down by pish all around them. We should be looking forward to a semi final. Instead our seasons basically over. 

That was what stood out for me, Motherwell players at least looked like they new what they were doing.

Away from home we seem to have no pattern to our game, and apart from Celtic we start games so slowly, and we always give the initiative to the home team.

A fast start one time might be nice.

AS you say season over now, and another rebuild in the summer, we need to find stabiilty from somewhere and soon

McLaughlin 6 Not as commanding as normal.

Godhino 6 Did better as game went on

Hughes 6 Simple stuff.

Berra 5 Poor headed clearance for winner, distribution poor again.

Souttar 6 Ok

Randall 5 Hit and miss with him today

Adao 5 Needed to control midfield, one great tackle second half but not a lot else.

Cochrane 6 We should not be relying on a 16yr old to take trip of a midfield. Some really Good, some really bad, never won a 50/50.

Callachan 3 Looks a championship player.

Naismith 7 Tried to make things happen.

Lafferty 7 Did as a forward should, scored, but post and made goalie make saves. Aimless punts to his head with no Hearts player in support is wasteful.

Milinkovic 7 Motm, changed things for us, always looking to drive forwards (maybe why Levein dies not rate/like him).

Unfair to rate other subs as deployed to late.

Levein 0 Never gave us a chance in first half AGAIN.

Walter Kidd
2 minutes ago, Gambo said:

McLaughlin 6 Not as commanding as normal.

Godhino 6 Did better as game went on

Hughes 6 Simple stuff.

Berra 5 Poor headed clearance for winner, distribution poor again.

Souttar 6 Ok

Randall 5 Hit and miss with him today

Adao 5 Needed to control midfield, one great tackle second half but not a lot else.

Cochrane 6 We should not be relying on a 16yr old to take trip of a midfield. Some really Good, some really bad, never won a 50/50.

Callachan 3 Looks a championship player.

Naismith 7 Tried to make things happen.

Lafferty 7 Did as a forward should, scored, but post and made goalie make saves. Aimless punts to his head with no Hearts player in support is wasteful.

Milinkovic 7 Motm, changed things for us, always looking to drive forwards (maybe why Levein dies not rate/like him).

Unfair to rate other subs as deployed to late.

Levein 0 Never gave us a chance in first half AGAIN.

About right pal. Levein needs his baws booted for that first half

lost in space
40 minutes ago, Spencer said:

Levein will not be under pressure.  Is he going to sack himself??  Season is over thanks to Cathro (who was selected by Levein).  Levein is too negative - not going to change probably.

Archived