More like Callachan!?

Sorry no thanks!

Having got round to see it. Ye he can get lost

• Replies 127
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Pasquale for King
22 hours ago, lost in space said:

Levein will not be under pressure.  Is he going to sack himself??  Season is over thanks to Cathro (who was selected by Levein).  Levein is too negative - not going to change probably.

He’s not the boss though is he? Did he give himself the job of manager?

If we get beat on Friday, miss out on top 6, poor season ticket sales and the financial impact that will have means he will be under severe pressure from the fans and the Directors. Does anyone fancy him being manager for the next three years after overseeing the waste of millions over the last three?

rudi must stay
1 minute ago, Pasquale for King said:

He’s not the boss though is he? Did he give himself the job of manager?

If we get beat on Friday, miss out on top 6, poor season ticket sales and the financial impact that will have means he will be under severe pressure from the fans and the Directors. Does anyone fancy him being manager for the next three years after overseeing the waste of millions over the last three?

Who do you replace him with though? Sergio maybe, but I think he's been away from our league for too long. And the 5-1 plastered over a lot of things, our away form was terrible under him. And you can't go out and get a European manager, they'd want too much money. Stick with Levein I say for a while

Pasquale for King
3 minutes ago, rudi must stay said:

Who do you replace him with though? Sergio maybe, but I think he's been away from our league for too long. And the 5-1 plastered over a lot of things, our away form was terrible under him. And you can't go out and get a European manager, they'd want too much money. Stick with Levein I say for a while

There were and are still plenty of good managers out there who would do better with our budget and the players we have. Steve Clarke wasn’t even on our radar when Leveins wee pal Cathro got emptied. I wouldn’t want him but even Robinson at Motherwell is doing better than CL, Lennon is also getting more out of his players than we are. 

21 hours ago, Spencer said:

First half was atrocious.  Second half was better. We should have made change to bring Amankwaa on with 20 mins to go to try and win it. Instead we appeared to have settled for a replay. Amankwaa gets introduced when it's too late 

Berra, Souttar and Lafferty. That is what we have in terms of permanent players of suitable standard.  That is truly horrendous to find ourselves in such a position. One man is responsible 

With hindsight we all know what problems we have.  It's solutions we need so

Within our budget tell us who we should have?

PS - And please don't answer with personal comments or try to be evasive.  Just answer the question.

All Out Attack
11 minutes ago, rudi must stay said:

You may have forgotten the outstanding calibre of candidates we had for the managers role last time, but most of us haven't. 

Hearts chose to whittle down the candidates to meet Levein's criteria, ie working under him remember. If and when he is removed, this will no longer be the case anymore and we will be inundated with people. 

To think that Steve Clarke at Killie was not good enough to even get an interview, sums up our recruitment quite well. 

2 minutes ago, JamboAl said:

With hindsight we all know what problems we have.  It's solutions we need so

Within our budget tell us who we should have?

PS - And please don't answer with personal comments or try to be evasive.  Just answer the question.

Here we go once again 

Al - I don't to intimate details of our players budget more do I know what our players get paid. Few if any of us will know this information 

It's Levein's job to create a squad and so far he hasnt done it too well. Do Hibs or Aberdeen, two comparable sized clubs, arguably both smaller than Hearts, require the level of squad rebuild that we require this summer? 

Something is very wrong just now. The messing around in August was a farce. Then the light bulb moment when Levein emerged from shadows as the manager we always wanted. Notice how close to the transfer window closing that was? Still at least we managed to raid the Rovers for a quality midfielder 

At least we know we can afford players from the third tier of Scottish football so pop that down on your list of what we can afford 

Midfield is stinking. We never go into a game against any side in this league and dominate the middle of the park. That includes a core of sides with paltry home support. It needs completely dismantled. This was highlighted when Neilson shit it against Hibs and 2 1/2 years later it's still as ****ing bad. How is that possible with astute management?

Technically we are in a fight for top 6 with Kilmarnock, Motherwell and St Johnstone.  We have an average support which surpasses those three clubs combined. Think about that for a moment 

7 minutes ago, Pasquale for King said:

There were and are still plenty of good managers out there who would do better with our budget and the players we have. Steve Clarke wasn’t even on our radar when Leveins wee pal Cathro got emptied. I wouldn’t want him but even Robinson at Motherwell is doing better than CL, Lennon is also getting more out of his players than we are. 

As I mentioned on another thread, despite how well he has done in the short spell at Killie, the Steve Clarke love-in might just be a little premature.  When Cathro was appointed SC had been unemployed for 6 months suggesting no else was racing to get him either.  He had already been sacked from 2 managerial posts and wasn't promoted from Asst Manager when the Villa job became vacant.

It may be that he has learned from his previous failures and turns out to be a good manager in Scotland but I think we should wait a little longer.

PS - How do you know he wasn't on our radar?

5 minutes ago, Spencer said:

Here we go once again 

Al - I don't to intimate details of our players budget more do I know what our players get paid. Few if any of us will know this information 

It's Levein's job to create a squad and so far he hasnt done it too well. Do Hibs or Aberdeen, two comparable sized clubs, arguably both smaller than Hearts, require the level of squad rebuild that we require this summer? 

Something is very wrong just now. The messing around in August was a farce. Then the light bulb moment when Levein emerged from shadows as the manager we always wanted. Notice how close to the transfer window closing that was? Still at least we managed to raid the Rovers for a quality midfielder 

At least we know we can afford players from the third tier of Scottish football so pop that down on your list of what we can afford 

Midfield is stinking. We never go into a game against any side in this league and dominate the middle of the park. That includes a core of sides with paltry home support. It needs completely dismantled. This was highlighted when Neilson shit it against Hibs and 2 1/2 years later it's still as ****ing bad. How is that possible with astute management?

Technically we are in a fight for top 6 with Kilmarnock, Motherwell and St Johnstone.  We have an average support which surpasses those three clubs combined. Think about that for a moment 

This is something that always has me scratching my head. Our average support this season is 19379 yet as you say Motherwell, St Johnstone and Kilmarnock have a combined average attendance of 15842. We are currently averaging 3537 more a game than those 3 teams combined!!

1 minute ago, Spencer said:

Here we go once again 

I asked for a non evasive reply and what do I get.

If you don't know then you're not in a position to criticise.  You're flailing about in the dark repeating the same old drivel over and over again with only a slight break after the Celtic 4-0 game.

You don't know budget details and you also don't know who we have and haven't been trying to sign.  Quite frankly you know very little but have this insatiable and repetitively boring desire to run the club down at every opportunity.

We are all suffering but continual moaning with a petted lip after every defeat won't solve the situation.

PS - You still struggle to make a post without mentioning your darling Hibs.

Pasquale for King
5 minutes ago, JamboAl said:

As I mentioned on another thread, despite how well he has done in the short spell at Killie, the Steve Clarke love-in might just be a little premature.  When Cathro was appointed SC had been unemployed for 6 months suggesting no else was racing to get him either.  He had already been sacked from 2 managerial posts and wasn't promoted from Asst Manager when the Villa job became vacant.

It may be that he has learned from his previous failures and turns out to be a good manager in Scotland but I think we should wait a little longer.

PS - How do you know he wasn't on our radar?

There was a well publicised shortlist and he wasn't on it, Billy Davies was though? The directors thought CL was the best choice, the majority of posters on here don’t. Do you want another two years of CL and this kind of football? 

From bottom to 5/6 with the team they have and Boyd on 17 goals for the season makes him manager of the year imo. 

3 minutes ago, Pasquale for King said:

There was a well publicised shortlist and he wasn't on it, Billy Davies was though? The directors thought CL was the best choice, the majority of posters on here don’t. Do you want another two years of CL and this kind of football? 

From bottom to 5/6 with the team they have and Boyd on 17 goals for the season makes him manager of the year imo. 

I didn't see a well publicised list.

I did see well publicised speculation.

rudi must stay
23 minutes ago, All Out Attack said:

You may have forgotten the outstanding calibre of candidates we had for the managers role last time, but most of us haven't. 

Hearts chose to whittle down the candidates to meet Levein's criteria, ie working under him remember. If and when he is removed, this will no longer be the case anymore and we will be inundated with people. 

To think that Steve Clarke at Killie was not good enough to even get an interview, sums up our recruitment quite well. 

Sums up that he grew up a Killie fan and wanted the job, that's a rare type of move for a manager, I don't think Hearts would have interested him, Killie pulled at the heart strings and got him. All you'll get is guys like Jackie MacNamara, Gary Naysmith, Robbie Neilson, Alan Stubbs (but even he'd need convincing) and Levein is far more experienced than all of them

7 minutes ago, JamboAl said:

I asked for a non evasive reply and what do I get.

If you don't know then you're not in a position to criticise.  You're flailing about in the dark repeating the same old drivel over and over again with only a slight break after the Celtic 4-0 game.

You don't know budget details and you also don't know who we have and haven't been trying to sign.  Quite frankly you know very little but have this insatiable and repetitively boring desire to run the club down at every opportunity.

We are all suffering but continual moaning with a petted lip after every defeat won't solve the situation.

PS - You still struggle to make a post without mentioning your darling Hibs.

I mentioned Hibs AND Aberdeen based on them being the only 2 sides of comparable size to Hearts in SPL.  Do you disagree with that comparison? 

Since I'm evidently wrong could you please advise what our player budget is please? To the nearest £5 will be fine. Please also detail what our players are paid since you know and I seemingly am talking shite 

Does it not strike you as a touch odd that Kilmarnock, Motherwell and St Johnstone and matching us performance wise yet our revenue is around each of theirs combined. Does that not jump out to you as possible under performance 

Pasquale for King
1 hour ago, Spencer said:

I mentioned Hibs AND Aberdeen based on them being the only 2 sides of comparable size to Hearts in SPL.  Do you disagree with that comparison? 

Since I'm evidently wrong could you please advise what our player budget is please? To the nearest £5 will be fine. Please also detail what our players are paid since you know and I seemingly am talking shite 

Does it not strike you as a touch odd that Kilmarnock, Motherwell and St Johnstone and matching us performance wise yet our revenue is around each of theirs combined. Does that not jump out to you as possible under performance 

https://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/celtic-rangers-weekly-wages-revealed-1159608

2 hours ago, Spencer said:

I'm not the one who is complaining.  It's you as per usual.

This thread was supposed to be about ratings v Motherwell and once more you deliberately hi-jack it to denigrate the club you claim to support and repeat the same tired old rubbish.

Johnny Two Pies

Too many games this season the players seem to spend the first half trying to figure out where they and their team mates are supposed to be playing. Yesterday was once of the worst cases of that, too many players out of position, not used to playing alongside each other every week, and baffling tactics of lumping it long to a lone striker who had no one near him to benefit from the few scraps he won. It's easy to criticise individual players, but being properly drilled and organised will go a long way to making ordinary players look a bit (sometimes a lot) better. Callachan, Cochrane and Randall were lost in the first half, Naismith spent 45 minutes chasing shadows too deep in midfield, watching the ball fly over his head. Lafferty was too isolated to impact the game. Second half we stopped launching everything, and played some nice stuff from midfield with Naismith further forward offering a bit of support to Lafferty. Milinkovic made a difference, and Cochrane looked much better in a team looking to play a bit. Berra was clearly affected by the head knock he took. Godinho had a better first half than many, and looked comfortable in the second.

Friday would be a good time for Levein to get it right in the way he did at Tynecastle against Celtic. On the assumption he is cautious, going on negative, we need a bit more bite and experience in midfield. Still Milinkovic should start and Cowie should come in too. Buaben may well feature. Cochrane needs rested and Callachan likely to drop out too. Hopefully Mitchell wil be back and Berra makes it, so Randall can go to the right.

28 minutes ago, JamboAl said:

This thread was supposed to be about ratings v Motherwell and once more you deliberately hi-jack it to denigrate the club you claim to support and repeat the same tired old rubbish.

In short - you are admitting you are an empty vessel 

Cheers Al 

2 minutes ago, Spencer said:

In short - you are admitting you are an empty vessel 

Cheers Al 

Dearie me.  Hilarious.

Sets hares running on his monotheme and never answers questions to substantiate.  Why?  Because he hasn't a clue.

Not a clue.

Bring Back Paulo Sergio

Callachan - 0

Levein - 0

Both cost us a place in the semi

8 minutes ago, JamboAl said:

Dearie me.  Hilarious.

Sets hares running on his monotheme and never answers questions to substantiate.  Why?  Because he hasn't a clue.

Not a clue.

You continually ask posters who they would sign. Completely overlooking someone is currently paid six figures to do just that 

As I said before - we know we can pick up a laddie from the Rovers within budget 

If the likes of Grzelak, Stockton and Callachan are the best we can get within our budget then we are truly ****ed. Thankfully I don't believe that is the case 

7 minutes ago, Spencer said:

You continually ask posters who they would sign. Completely overlooking someone is currently paid six figures to do just that 

As I said before - we know we can pick up a laddie from the Rovers within budget 

If the likes of Grzelak, Stockton and Callachan are the best we can get within our budget then we are truly ****ed. Thankfully I don't believe that is the case 

Another load but no answers.

How did Grzelak and Stockton rate against Motherwell?  They are irrelevant to the topic just the same as your nonsense.

1 hour ago, JamboAl said:

Another load but no answers.

How did Grzelak and Stockton rate against Motherwell?  They are irrelevant to the topic just the same as your nonsense.

They are relevant because they were yet more dross signings as recently as start of this season 

Think we will agree to disagree rather than bore anyone further 

16 minutes ago, Spencer said:

They are relevant because they were yet more dross signings as recently as start of this season 

Think we will agree to disagree rather than bore anyone further 

Are you going to stop posting altogether?

colinmaroon
On 04/03/2018 at 16:39, lost in space said:

Knee jerk reaction.

Not only his knee!

colinmaroon
15 hours ago, JamboAl said:

Put him on ignore.

Best thing I've ever done.

Archived