Stormzy"s Rant/ Brit Awards.

maroonlegions

maroonlegions

Not into rap music but  massive respect to rapper "Stormzy" for attacking Teresa May on the issue of Grenfell at the Brit awards last night . and also his  wee dig at the Daily Mail.:robbo:

Of course the far right neo cons will moan like feck and say that music and politics should be kept apart, well tough,feck em.

Hopefully he has set some kind of precedent that will  encourage others  like him to voice their anger any kind of future  discrepancies linked to  those  in positions of trust , power and influence.

Stormzy, shirtless, being rained on, soaking wet - after having just won album of the year - raps: "Theresa May where’s that money for Grenfell"

• Replies 175
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Салатные палочки

I would guess that 95% of people who listen to Stormzy have no idea what Grenfell is.  

55 minutes ago, Salad Fingers said:

I would guess that 95% of people who listen to Stormzy have no idea what Grenfell is.  

Or more likely 95% of people who know what Grenfell is have no f*****g clue who Stormzy is....... Like me !:thumbsup:

52 minutes ago, Jefferson Davis Hogg said:

Has the government not already provided 58 million for grenfell? 

It's promised that amount, but nowhere near that much has actually been paid

maroonlegions
1 hour ago, hughesie27 said:

Has anyone ever said music and politics shouldn't be linked?

Aye those who hate politics,:laugh:  and  remember the "oh Jeremy Corbyn" chants at Glastonbury that got some far right neo cons upset, diddums. :clyay:

maroonlegions
1 hour ago, Jefferson Davis Hogg said:

Aye, so were is it then.

And why still not any prosecutions  for blatant health and safety  regulations.

Ask those who lost homes and loved ones in that fire wold be a better option.

This government never lies though. 

It is not the first time Stormzy has taken aim at Mrs May at a public event.

In September last year, he labelled her a “paigon” at the GQ Men of the Year Awards.

According to the Urban dictionary, a paigon is “a friend that lies, betrays and isn’t true to you”.:laugh:

maroonlegions
34 minutes ago, jake said:

Wonder if he has offshore bank acvount

He is calling out those RESPONSIBLE  for providing financial aid to those effected ,  May and her gangsters need reminding of that.

maroonlegions
1 hour ago, Salad Fingers said:

Brutal arrogant cop out.

Thats all you have then, guessing.:laugh:

95% is a bit high for guess work.:laugh:

Салатные палочки
43 minutes ago, maroonlegions said:

Brutal arrogant cop out.

Thats all you have then, guessing.:laugh:

95% is a bit high for guess work.:laugh:

Cop out? 

2 hours ago, Jefferson Davis Hogg said:

Not enough for those lefties sadly. Theresa May donning a hard hat is what they want.

2 hours ago, Salad Fingers said:

well off brittish kids? Reckon they probably would..

Anyway, fair play to him. Never heard his music but good on him for making a statement.

1 hour ago, maroonlegions said:

Aye, so were is it then.

And why still not any prosecutions  for blatant health and safety  regulations.

Ask those who lost homes and loved ones in that fire wold be a better option.

This government never lies though. 

It is not the first time Stormzy has taken aim at Mrs May at a public event.

In September last year, he labelled her a “paigon” at the GQ Men of the Year Awards.

According to the Urban dictionary, a paigon is “a friend that lies, betrays and isn’t true to you”.:laugh:

isn't there a police/criminal investigation ongoing? So you want that investigation to be compromised?

53 minutes ago, Wham Bam Austin McCann said:

Not enough for those lefties sadly. Theresa May donning a hard hat is what they want.

i think they want her strung up or burned in a wicker man

Governor Tarkin
1 hour ago, Dia Liom said:

well off brittish kids? Reckon they probably would..

Anyway, fair play to him. Never heard his music but good on him for making a statement.

Correct. Good to see a bit of anger in youth music and someone making use of their platform.

4 hours ago, Salad Fingers said:

All the more reason for him to say it, if that's the case, some might argue 

SpruceBringsteen

Wound up a few old boys, but that's about it. It's no like the bellycrawlers in charge are suddenly going to have an epiphany cause some wet lad at the Brits told them off.

I find it amazing / amusing how often the attempted insult of calling people "far right" is brought out.

It is extremely disrespectful.

It would be great to live in a society where people respect the right of others to have a different opinion without casting accusations and insults.

Sir Vladimir of Romanov
33 minutes ago, H2 said:

I find it amazing / amusing how often the attempted insult of calling people "far right" is brought out.

It is extremely disrespectful.

It would be great to live in a society where people respect the right of others to have a different opinion without casting accusations and insults.

How dare you want people to be allowed to hold a belief different from your own. 

I must say I agree with you. The name calling and playground insults are boring. It's no wonder may on here and in real life steer away from politics. 

6 hours ago, Salad Fingers said:

most of them probably live in Grenfell......seeing its about 10 miles from where he grew up. 

3 minutes ago, The Brow said:

most of them probably live in Grenfell......seeing its about 10 miles from where he grew up. 

After his rant he retired at the end of the night to his penthouse pad. Saying to himself. I did my bit tonight. I really told them.

2 minutes ago, John Findlay said:

After his rant he retired at the end of the night to his penthouse pad. Saying to himself. I did my bit tonight. I really told them.

fair play to him. Worked hard. Whats he supposed to do? pay for it all himself? 

2 minutes ago, The Brow said:

fair play to him. Worked hard. Whats he supposed to do? pay for it all himself? 

Yes why not if, he can afford to.

3 minutes ago, John Findlay said:

The problem is?

Im not sure why you don't get that he was merely using his platform to raise awareness and why that's a good thing. 

Much like a lot of famous people, they raise awareness and help out on issues. Its not up to them to fix the issues, thats why we have governments. The Grenfell Tower fire is a much larger issue than just giving the people money for new homes. 

Stormzys music is shite.

The Brits are shite, as evidenced by the large drop in viewing figures from previous years.

7 hours ago, maroonlegions said:

Not into rap music but  massive respect to rapper "Stormzy" for attacking Teresa May on the issue of Grenfell at the Brit awards last night . and also his  wee dig at the Daily Mail.:robbo:

Of course the far right neo cons will moan like feck and say that music and politics should be kept apart, well tough,feck em.

Hopefully he has set some kind of precedent that will  encourage others  like him to voice their anger any kind of future  discrepancies linked to  those  in positions of trust , power and influence.

Stormzy, shirtless, being rained on, soaking wet - after having just won album of the year - raps: "Theresa May where’s that money for Grenfell"

A lot of music has been a political dig over the years. Unfortunately it’s only  for the moment. 

Салатные палочки
25 minutes ago, The Brow said:

Is it? Sheesh and here's me thinking I knew the grime scene. 

13 minutes ago, The Brow said:

Im not sure why you don't get that he was merely using his platform to raise awareness and why that's a good thing. 

Much like a lot of famous people, they raise awareness and help out on issues. Its not up to them to fix the issues, thats why we have governments. The Grenfell Tower fire is a much larger issue than just giving the people money for new homes. 

You don't say. It's been constantly on the news for the last eight months. If people aren't aware of Grenfell by now then, they don't want to be aware. Stormzy mouthing off at the Brits is not going to change that. Let's say it had been one of the block of flats in Downfield Dundee that  had such a terrible tragedy. would it be getting the same exposure and coverage from all the media outlets particularly the BBC? The simple answer to that question is no.

5 hours ago, maroonlegions said:

He is calling out those RESPONSIBLE  for providing financial aid to those effected ,  May and her gangsters need reminding of that.

Still dodging tax though. Two wrongs don’t make a right! These guys pay their fair share of tax more money to see the likes of grenfell right

Brap brap, well lit fam. Rough up de sket May an er man dem grime style. As I believe the kids say these days.

I do like this popular beat combo, ‘Stormy’. Needs more cowbell though. 

Just now, deesidejambo said:

Stormzys music is shite.

The Brits are shite, as evidenced by the large drop in viewing figures from previous years.

Agreed.  Listened to his interview on 5 Live and he sounds like a complete windae licker.

32 minutes ago, John Findlay said:

Yes why not if, he can afford to.

Now there is a proper leftie view if ever I saw one! "Your rich so give it to us"

3 minutes ago, Wham Bam Austin McCann said:

Now there is a proper leftie view if ever I saw one! "Your rich so give it to us"

You definitely got the wrong end of the stick there.

22 minutes ago, John Findlay said:

You don't say. It's been constantly on the news for the last eight months. If people aren't aware of Grenfell by now then, they don't want to be aware. Stormzy mouthing off at the Brits is not going to change that. Let's say it had been one of the block of flats in Downfield Dundee that  had such a terrible tragedy. would it be getting the same exposure and coverage from all the media outlets particularly the BBC? The simple answer to that question is no.

Youre right. He should just sing his wee song pipe down, then we can all just be as miserable as you. 

Maybe It’s me but I like to see this stuff in music. I don’t really care how much money he has etc. He is singing for people who don’t.

Don’t like Stormzy’s music one bit though. 

1 minute ago, Homme said:

Maybe It’s me but I like to see this stuff in music. I don’t really care how much money he has etc. He is singing for people who don’t.

Don’t like Stormzy’s music one bit though. 

this is where I am with it. His music isnt my cup of tea but using his profile to raise an issue he's passionate about - wheres the harm? 

Its amazing how sour pussed some folk are......

21 minutes ago, The Brow said:

Youre right. He should just sing his wee song pipe down, then we can all just be as miserable as you. 

You may lose your naivety one day.

6 hours ago, maroonlegions said:

No doubt.

But I bet he doesn't contribute 25 % of his earnings like the rest of us.

6 hours ago, maroonlegions said:

Aye those who hate politics,:laugh:  and  remember the "oh Jeremy Corbyn" chants at Glastonbury that got some far right neo cons upset, diddums. :clyay:

Blimey, did they?

It’s one small step short of standing in front of a tank with your shopping bag. 

1 hour ago, Rousset1 said:

Stormzy. :laugh:

Even his name makes me cringe.

Try listening to his music or indeed anything he says.....total shite.

The amount of times Stormzy mentioned the fire hazard of Grenfell Tower block before the 14th June 2017 = zero.

The amount of Grenfell victims Stormzy was friends with = zero.

The amount of ****s Stormzy gave about the residents of Grenfell before the 14th June 2017 = zero.

The amount of times I had heard of Stormzy before approx 8am yesterday = zero.

The amount of people who watch the Brits = zero.

The amount of talent Stormzy has = zero*

*unless taking your top off, getting wet and talking fast is now considered a talent.

One of these days we will see these 'celebrities' get political about issues because they truly mean something to them and not just because they are trending and they want to get retweets, column inches and likes.

Is there anything that the Tories are not responsible for to the left? For him to think it is Teresa May's money he is spending shows him up to be an imbecile. How dare he demand Teresa May just gives my money away, how dare he.

That is all these ghastly award shows are nowadays. Platforms for political and racial commentary. Each celebrity trying to out virtue one another. Truly horrendous. I cringe beyond any possible state of cringe at the thought of the next one. Next up the Oscars. I will give that (as always) the widest of berths. Celebrities all backslapping one another, trying to win the compassion battle before they speed off in their limo to their after show party, drink the finest Bubbly and snort Cocaine of top class hookers breasts. Utterly nauseating on every level.

18 hours ago, Salad Fingers said:

I would guess that they pretty much all know what Grenfell is. It's the ghetto that's being represented here remember, the people most effected. 

Archived