Stormzy"s Rant/ Brit Awards.

maroonlegions

7 hours ago, Francis Albert said:

I wonder when some celebrity will be really brave and come out in support of the vote in favour of Brexit  by the majority of the working class they care so much about. Probably never because the working class are in the minds of the radical left of course too thick to know what's good for them.

You think leave voters work? :rofl: Too busy painting Chinese symbols.

• Replies 175
  • Created
  • Last Reply
47 minutes ago, ri Alban said:

You think leave voters work? :rofl: Too busy painting Chinese symbols.

Over 50% of the U.K. don't work?

43 minutes ago, Nookie Bear said:

Probably, according to leave voters immigrants steal all the jobs.

1 hour ago, Nookie Bear said:

Do u think the likes of Farage, Johnson, Gove, IDS, May, Davis and Rees Mogg are working class? Why Scots want this lot as overlords baffles me. Thick as feck.

1 hour ago, ri Alban said:

Do u think the likes of Farage, Johnson, Gove, IDS, May, Davis and Rees Mogg are working class? Why Scots want this lot as overlords baffles me. Thick as feck.

You are no better. I reckon the majority of Leave voters were working class and you are disrespectful of their views as much as any Tory. 

12 minutes ago, Nookie Bear said:

You are no better. I reckon the majority of Leave voters were working class and you are disrespectful of their views as much as any Tory. 

I don't give a shit what they do, just spare me the sovereignty back bs. If England/Britain don't have sovereignty, what the feck is it Scotland doesn't have except cowards(1m of them). The Brexit referendum vote was xenophobia plain and simple, no... it was actually racism. I can't wait until they realise all these non white people aren't going back to Pakistan, India, Jamaica etc... But but... We voted leave. :rofl: Working class heroes eh? Thank **** I don't vote labour anymore, I hope they lose everything they own, to go with the minds they lost.

The greatest machine to win Scottish Independence is English/British nationalism. And the SNP have finally realised that when your enemies are fecking things up, you don't interrupt. Took them a while tho.

Oh and feck the Tories and all who follow. Why don't we bring in amendments.

18 minutes ago, ri Alban said:

I don't give a shit what they do, just spare me the sovereignty back bs. If England/Britain don't have sovereignty, what the feck is it Scotland doesn't have except cowards(1m of them). The Brexit referendum vote was xenophobia plain and simple, no... it was actually racism. I can't wait until they realise all these non white people aren't going back to Pakistan, India, Jamaica etc... But but... We voted leave. :rofl: Working class heroes eh? Thank **** I don't vote labour anymore, I hope they lose everything they own, to go with the minds they lost.

The greatest machine to win Scottish Independence is English/British nationalism. And the SNP have finally realised that when your enemies are fecking things up, you don't interrupt. Took them a while tho.

Oh and feck the Tories and all who follow. Why don't we bring in amendments.

So...your wonderful new Scotland says “feck off” to 33% of the people who voted Tory?

I thought we were a better country than that. 

5 minutes ago, Nookie Bear said:

So...your wonderful new Scotland says “feck off” to 33% of the people who voted Tory?

I thought we were a better country than that. 

33% aye your right they can GTF. How very Britnat of me. They're not Scottish anyway. So who cares.

Try 23% and that's now 20%. Even Slab are more popular again. Tories as I said are doing the job for the SNP. Showing their true selves. Promises ? They don't have any left to give and the brexit brigade will as unionists accuse the SNP of, disregard referendum results(GFA) for their own agenda. Do u think the union matters to these folk Nooks? If it stops Brexit? No!

BTW, I'm just raging about the defeat yesterday. Nothing personal.

maroonlegions
On 23/02/2018 at 20:46, felix said:

The government set up the Grenfell enquiry FFS.

1st report due out early April.

Aye , thats not rocket science is it, they had to ffs,

Ask those effected were the money is ffs.

maroonlegions
On 23/02/2018 at 22:24, John Findlay said:

Don't worry Labour would have had it all done and dusted a week after the tragedy happened.

Might have got their fingers out the pubic purse quicker and paid those effected  some compensation , still feck all said by this government on  who is to blame for this AVOIDABLE tragedy , Health and safety came last , the cheaper options were clearly taken and cost over 70 fecking life"s . Dont worry though. i am sure May and her crooks will have thought up a believable "white wash" report by now.

maroonlegions
On 24/02/2018 at 07:10, Lord BJ said:

Theresa’s May isn’t a neo con. In fact the current government show little inclination towards neo conservatism in its policies. 

Someone like Gove undoubtably a neo conservative but in reality the Conservative party are way off neo conservative ideology. 

Blair was probably last leader you would say was neo con but even then.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Neoconservatism

In fact linking neo conservative policy and greenfell is pretty ****ing stupid. When the real basis of it is interventionist nature on foreign policy.

I get the op is trying to use it in insulting manner. In reality be better just sticking to ****ing tories or similar. 

Queue frantic googling by op trying to justify their incorrect term for neo con lol.

Tell me right now  that the polices of this current bunch of tory feckers is in any way close to Thatchers . In fact their austerity policies  are a new low, a new form of attacks on welfare and social spending. Austerity is a form of neoconservative. 

That is far from stupid , far from the far right pretence of fecking fairness and the retarded  line of the   neo con cries of  "all in it together". :laugh:

Irony now that is worth a google search, try it.:bolt:

You speak of an insulting  manner, no bigger insult to the poor of this country than the neo con introduction of "AUSTERITY". 

Would love Stormzy to sing about this tory twat below, he should be sacked for his snake like attacks on Corbyn.

28379656_1438168059622171_7984441845198516275_n[1].jpg

18 minutes ago, maroonlegions said:

Might have got their fingers out the pubic purse quicker and paid those effected  some compensation , still feck all said by this government on  who is to blame for this AVOIDABLE tragedy , Health and safety came last , the cheaper options were clearly taken and cost over 70 fecking life"s . Dont worry though. i am sure May and her crooks will have thought up a believable "white wash" report by now.

Was Grendel the fault of the government ?

Has this been established?

1 hour ago, ri Alban said:

The Brexit referendum vote was xenophobia plain and simple,

54 minutes ago, ri Alban said:

33% aye your right they can GTF. How very Britnat of me. They're not Scottish anyway. So who cares.

Good to see you're back to your ridiculous nasty little English hating ways and don't even remotely see the contradictory views you post. Your skewed views on being Scottish are like a parody of extreme Scottish nationalism.

12 minutes ago, maroonlegions said:

Aye , thats not rocket science is it, they had to ffs,

Ask those effected were the money is ffs.

What money  ?

The government's pledged  £28 million to improve local  regeneration and services - You 'n Stormzy need to jump off the blame the government / give us the money bandwagon.

if you're going to stand on a public platform and be political - at least pick the right targets. Theresa May isn't to blame for Grenfell.

maroonlegions
1 minute ago, doctor jambo said:

Was Grendel the fault of the government ?

Has this been established?

In hindsight decisions taken by a  now senior Tory  who was either on  that tory council or rejected public spending costs that could have sanctioned a water sprinkler system in Grenfell . He was made a senior  tory in Mays cabinet  i think. 

The fault of this government is the lack of action, the coldness of May in her response when it happened and the appointment of that tory councillor  into her cabinet.

Health and safety laws were put aside over spending budgets, public social  spending budgets that is. Contracts for the outer cladding on that tower were offered to the lowest bidders , hence the cheaper options taken on  the FLAMMABLE cladding. 

Who oversees those contracts and cuts to public social  spending??

Austerity cuts to social sending have a lot to answer for, in fact the introduction of  neo con austerity has a pot to answer for , were is  the social housing that this government promise to build .

Regulations were not tight enough to prevent deadly cladding being installed.

That is a government issue.

Kensington council installing the cladding simply because they didn't like the look of the old flats and penny pinching on the material used is squarely on their watch.

That council is sitting on a cash surplus of hundreds of millions of pounds and has even gone so far as to provide rebates to higher band council tax players.

80+ people in social housing died because they didn't want to spend money on fire-proof cladding for them.

maroonlegions
7 minutes ago, felix said:

What money  ?

The government's pledged  £28 million to improve local  regeneration and services - You 'n Stormzy need to jump off the blame the government / give us the money bandwagon.

if you're going to stand on a public platform and be political - at least pick the right targets. Theresa May isn't to blame for Grenfell.

Pledged, :laugh:were is it.

Were is the 58 million promised??

Why has most of those effected not received what they were told they would. 

Think you and May should have a bit more respect for those that have suffered greatly in this avoidable tragedy, and admit that there is a trail of social  spending cuts , austerity that as had a direct effect on the decisions made on the spending refurbishment on Grenfell.

What money indeed.:laugh:

Looking forward  to this governments white wash report in April.(passing the buck), and the side stepping of those responsible in governmental positions , and those who awarded the contracts to those companies who erected that fire death trap outer cladding.:mad:

1 minute ago, maroonlegions said:

Pledged, :laugh:were is it.

Were is the 58 million promised??

Why has most of those effected not received what they were told they would. 

Think you and May should have a bit more respect for those that have suffered greatly in this avoidable tragedy, and admit that there is a trail of social  spending cuts , austerity that as had a direct effect on the decisions made on the spending refurbishment on Grenfell.

What money indeed.:laugh:

Looking forward  to this governments white wash report in April.(passing the buck), and the side stepping of those responsible in governmental positions , and those who awarded the contracts to those companies who erected that fire death trap outer cladding.:mad:

Can you explain in one short sentence, how Theresa may's government is responsible for Grenfell ?

maroonlegions
4 minutes ago, Cade said:

Regulations were not tight enough to prevent deadly cladding being installed.

Kensington council installing the cladding simply because they didn't like the look of the old flats and penny pinching on the material used is squarely on their watch.

That council is sitting on a cash surplus of hundreds of millions of pounds and has even gone so far as to provide rebates to higher band council tax players.

80+ people in social housing died because they didn't want to spend money on fire-proof cladding for them.

:thumb:

Council budget cuts are dictated by the money they receive from social spending from the government on office at the time.

23 minutes ago, Tazio said:

Good to see you're back to your ridiculous nasty little English hating ways and don't even remotely see the contradictory views you post. Your skewed views on being Scottish are like a parody of extreme Scottish nationalism.

24 minutes ago, Tazio said:

Did u vote leave? Don't answer I know. George Galloway v Jim dollars have a watch on YouTube.

maroonlegions
5 minutes ago, felix said:

Can you explain in one short sentence, how Theresa may's government is responsible for Grenfell ?

Austerity.Or a form of it on cuts to social spending.

Follow the money trail it leads to the government  in office.

And why did she appoint a TORY,(Kensington council) to her cabinet who had a major  say on Grenfell.

As CADE has pointed out below.

"Regulations were not tight enough to prevent deadly cladding being installed.

80+ people in social housing died because they didn't want to spend money on fire-proof cladding for them".

3 minutes ago, ri Alban said:

Did u vote leave? Don't answer I know. George Galloway v Jim dollars have a watch on YouTube.

No you don't know. You presume.

maroonlegions

The seethe of some far right tories  on here is pleasing .:laugh:

Well done Stormzy.

Confirmed. The Tories are hiring mercenary social media thugs to try to intimidate into silence British citizens who are voluntarily exercising their right to express their views online and expose Tory failures.:laugh:

The Conservative Party is hiring an army of paid tweeters to take on Jeremy Corbyn’s supporters on social media, the Telegraph can disclose.
TELEGRAPH.CO.UK

Desperate.:laugh:

Oh  the power of the block and ignore functions. :bolt:

1 hour ago, maroonlegions said:

That's bollocks. I've lived through governments UK wise from Harold Wilson to Theresa May and when it comes to being culpable and getting to the truth, they are all as bad as each other. They are never to blame and the last thing ALL GOVERNMENTS want is Joe Public finding out the truth. If this happened on Labour's watch they would behave exactly  the same as the Tories are as, that is what British governments do and always will do. Regardless of whether they are right,  left or centre.

39 minutes ago, Tazio said:

No you don't know. You presume.

Mirror Mirror on the wall, I can see my hypocrisy.

43 minutes ago, maroonlegions said:

And why did she appoint a TORY,(Kensington council) to her cabinet who had a major  say on Grenfell.

80+ people in social housing died because they didn't want to spend money on fire-proof cladding for them".

That’s one short sentence?

the only person who is seething is you.   But I don’t expect you can recognise this.

2 minutes ago, Lord BJ said:

Just pointing out your using the word incorrectly. I even provided a helpful link to help educate you.

Cause using a term incorrectly in the ranting, incoherent manner you do makes you appear thick.

As an aside you don’t know the meaning of irony either.

Whilst you seem intent of labelling groups of people you don’t agree with you. Racist type trait imo.

This.

look in the mirror ML.     You are too full of hate.

2 hours ago, maroonlegions said:

You can't explain why Theresa' May's government are responsible, because they aren't.

It was a privately owned tenancy  company who organised the cladding - they'll be held accountable.

However back in 2013,  Eric Pickles chose to ignore repeated warnings about inadequacies in the Building Regulations, and did nothing. If he'd listened (like the SNP did after Ayrshire's  Garnock Court  fire)  Grenfell would have been avoided.

Theresa May's the wrong target, and rapping Yo - where's da money; just sounds like a claim for compo; before the inquest's over.

maroonlegions

Just to correct the right wing spin doctors on here, Stormzy was not blaming May for the fire , he was asking her were the money was for the VICTIMS , and for those that lost their homes and the relatives of those that lost family and loved ones. Seems that the blame for this tragedy is a deep rooted one and one that does involve councils, and government social housing budget cuts.

Neo con  "Austerity" measures are a big part in the capping of social housing spending.   

Bet you that know one  on here who is defending such cuts if directly effected by such a tragedy,  would still defend such cuts or defend those who are to blame, be that directly or indirectly, guilty by "association" is  one path that those who are guilty  of such a "association" will fight to keep quite.

"The renovation of Grenfell Tower was scaled back and costs cut to a minimum because of Government-imposed limits on the amount a council can borrow to spend on housing, new documents suggest.

"Records dating from 2014 show the Royal Borough of Kensington and Chelsea, where the 24-storey tower is located, was under pressure to cut spending on building maintenance because of the cap on debt in a council’s housing revenue account – the budget it has for building new homes and maintaining existing ones".

"The documents, uncovered by Inside Housing, reveal Kensington and Chelsea’s attempts to cut spending on maintenance in order to meet the criteria on borrowing". 

maroonlegions

Disgusting articule from the Daily Mail.

A truly cringe-worthy  rag of a news paper.

So  at The Brit Awards Stormzy called out the PM about Grenfell, (were is the money for those affected),he also spoke up about the way the Daily Mail refer to young black men in the media. The Daily Mail have responded with a disgusting article written by Amanda Platell.

She basically brings up his mother and refers to her as an immigrant and says that he should be thankful  to Britain because he’s not from here! :jj_facepalm:

This is a racist use of language and disgusting media representation. 

Complaints to the IPSO here;

https://www.ipso.co.uk/make-a-complaint/

email Amanda directly and ask her where she found the audacity to write such a disgusting article. 
[email protected]

Do  working class  communities now need to take a stand   about the way in which they  are represented in the media.

Especially from  those in the media who ponder to  and  protect the privileged or well off ,and also take a stand against blatant racist attacks that are  used in justifications or rebuttals when those very media institutions are under the spot light and  under pressure .

Francis Albert
1 hour ago, maroonlegions said:

Disgusting articule from the Daily Mail.

A truly cringe-worthy  rag of a news paper.

So  at The Brit Awards Stormzy called out the PM about Grenfell, (were is the money for those affected),he also spoke up about the way the Daily Mail refer to young black men in the media. The Daily Mail have responded with a disgusting article written by Amanda Platell.

She basically brings up his mother and refers to her as an immigrant and says that he should be thankful  to Britain because he’s not from here! :jj_facepalm:

This is a racist use of language and disgusting media representation. 

Complaints to the IPSO here;

https://www.ipso.co.uk/make-a-complaint/

email Amanda directly and ask her where she found the audacity to write such a disgusting article. 
[email protected]

Do  working class  communities now need to take a stand   about the way in which they  are represented in the media.

Especially from  those in the media who ponder to  and  protect the privileged or well off ,and also take a stand against blatant racist attacks that are  used in justifications or rebuttals when those very media institutions are under the spot light and  under pressure .

Didn't see much wrong with the article myself.

The Mail took a brave stance against the racist murderers of Stephen Lawrence when the Guardian and other liberal media didn't. The Guardian was at it again in Saturday's editorial on the back of the revelation of many more crimes by paedophile gangs of mainly muslims on mainly non-muslim girls, saying that yes we have to protect girls but equally we have to "understand" the perpetrators of these crimes. 

"The way working class communities are represented in the media"? Yes I agree working class people should certainly take a stand against the portrayal of them as thick racists because they voted Leave.

Francis Albert
5 hours ago, John Findlay said:

That's bollocks. I've lived through governments UK wise from Harold Wilson to Theresa May and when it comes to being culpable and getting to the truth, they are all as bad as each other. They are never to blame and the last thing ALL GOVERNMENTS want is Joe Public finding out the truth. If this happened on Labour's watch they would behave exactly  the same as the Tories are as, that is what British governments do and always will do. Regardless of whether they are right,  left or centre.

I have lived through even more administrations than you. I can remember when "Supermac" was PM (and the ridicule he got from the Beyond the Fringe gang) and the skeletal thirteenth Earl of Home (who wittily referred to his successor as the thirteenth Mr. Wilson).

I referred earlier on the thread to Aberfan. A disaster for which the National Coal Board was, as the inquiry confirmed,  culpable. A National Coal Board for which as a wholly state owned entity,  Government ministers (Labour of course) bore responsibility. The local  council (Labour of course), was  concerned about preserving pit jobs already under threat and had ignored resident's complaints about the threat from coal mine slag heaps that engulfed and killed over 100 primary school children and over 140 people altogether. An inquiry was scathing about the Coal Board and was clear about its responsibility. But no-one was prosecuted or dismissed. The Labour government retained Lord Robens as NCB Chairman despite his rather half hearted offer to resign because they thought he would be best placed to resist threats of Union opposition to pit closures. But in some ways the worst was yet to come. The NCB (with presumably Government approval) offered parents of the dead children £500 per head in compensation (£8000 in todays money). In those days compensation was finance based - since the death of children generally saved their parents money, £500 was considered generous. And the Government demanded that the relief fund set up for public donations provide £150,000 (over £2.5m in today's money) to remove other dangerous slag heaps in the Aberfan area. This was probably illegal but the Charity Commission, then as most things at that time a creature of the establishment, did not object.

I am a lifelong  Labour voter  (though the Corbynistas are stretching my loyalty) but the attempt to make political capital out of the Grenfell deaths, the causes of which are varied and complex, is nauseating.

12 minutes ago, Francis Albert said:

I have lived through even more administrations than you. I can remember when "Supermac" was PM (and the ridicule he got from the Beyond the Fringe gang) and the skeletal thirteenth Earl of Home (who wittily referred to his successor as the thirteenth Mr. Wilson).

I referred earlier on the thread to Aberfan. A disaster for which the National Coal Board was, as the inquiry confirmed,  culpable. A National Coal Board for which as a wholly state owned entity, and for which Government ministers (Labour of course) bore responsibility. The local  council (Labour of course), was  concerned about preserving pit jobs already under threat and had ignored resident's complaints about the threat from coal mine slag heaps that engulfed and killed over 100 primary school children and over 140 people altogether. An inquiry was scathing about the Coal Board and was clear about its responsibility. But no-one was prosecuted or dismissed. The Labour government retained Lord Robens as NCB Chairman despite his rather half hearted offer to resign because they thought he would be best placed to resist threats of Union opposition to pit closures. But in some ways the worst was yet to come. The NCB (with presumably Government approval) offered parents of the dead children £500 per head in compensation (£8000 in todays money). In those days compensation was finance based - since the death of children generally saved their parents money, £500 was considered generous. And the Government demanded that the relief fund set up for public donations provide £150,000 (over £2.5m in today's money) to remove other dangerous slag heaps in the Aberfan area. This was probably illegal but the Charity Commission, then as most things at that time a creature of the establishment, did not object.

I am a lifelong  Labour voter  (though the Corbynistas are stretching my loyalty) but the attempt to make political capital out of the Grenfill deaths, the causes of which are varied and complex, is nauseating.

I was three when the Aberfan disaster happened. Naturally I don't havery alot if any memory of this tragedy.

As I said all British governments behave the same whengine things of this nature occur.

maroonlegions
22 hours ago, Lord BJ said:

Very much this.

It’s very poor taste by those engaging in it imho. Particularly considering  the hypocrisy they’re engaging in by claiming moral high ground.

The poor taste is the folk defending rats like this tory Lewis.

The former Conservative housing minister warned against increasing fire safety regulations to include sprinklers because it could discourage house building. As…
INDEPENDENT.CO.UK

Lewis wanted to make it easier to produce dirty, unsafe, unregulated buildings to feed his pockets and those of his fellow-thieves.

Spin it all you want but the ones that are engaging in poor taste are the ones who are brushing aside blatant disregards for health and safety because of cost and to produce bigger profit margins. This former tory housing minister is just one who should have been made accountable for is actions and decisions he made.

Moral high ground, you spin it all you want but  men like him and those who defend him are with out morals, were was his fecking morals for those who lived in that tower when he took the decision to WARN against sprinkler systems.

Blatant disregards for health and safety, cladding contract awarded to the lowest bidder = (cheap non fire resistant cladding),  social housing budgets capped,(reduced),. Could go on but you new all of the latter anyway. Seems Stormzy hit a nerve.

Moral high ground lol. 

A YouGov petition raised after the Brits has gained enough signatures and now the Grenfell disaster response will be debated in Parliament.

Looks like Stormzy did manage to bring attention back to the issue.

I'm making a huge and unsubstantiated assumption here, but I'm guessing that the majority of people posting here aren't in Stormzy's target audience.  I very much include myself in that.  But I have a wee lass (aged 8) who is very much into current pop music and she was really keen to see Stormzy's performance.  She asked me afterwards what Grenfell meant.  Job done?

19 hours ago, maroonlegions said:

The poor taste is the folk defending rats like this tory Lewis.

The former Conservative housing minister warned against increasing fire safety regulations to include sprinklers because it could discourage house building. As…
INDEPENDENT.CO.UK

Lewis wanted to make it easier to produce dirty, unsafe, unregulated buildings to feed his pockets and those of his fellow-thieves.

Spin it all you want but the ones that are engaging in poor taste are the ones who are brushing aside blatant disregards for health and safety because of cost and to produce bigger profit margins. This former tory housing minister is just one who should have been made accountable for is actions and decisions he made.

Moral high ground, you spin it all you want but  men like him and those who defend him are with out morals, were was his fecking morals for those who lived in that tower when he took the decision to WARN against sprinkler systems.

Blatant disregards for health and safety, cladding contract awarded to the lowest bidder = (cheap non fire resistant cladding),  social housing budgets capped,(reduced),. Could go on but you new all of the latter anyway. Seems Stormzy hit a nerve.

Moral high ground lol. 

maroonlegions I have a serious question for you?  Have you ever had a day in your life where you did not make an accusation of racism, sexism or feel that you were morally superior for the way you see the world?

Take a day off for the sake of everyone.  For instance,  you are not a nicer person for hating the Daily Mail, Tories and Trump.  I promise you, I really do, life simply does not work like that.  Your thoughts, outlook and values are not 'right' and they are not 'wrong' - they are personal feelings, thoughts and opinions.  Please take that huge sanctimonious stick that is wedged right up your backside, get off your high horse and stop looking down on everyone.

It is people like you that made me come off social media sites like Facebook etc.  Utterly horrendous.  A perpetual crusade for acceptance, to be seen as virtuous and to be heard.  I have noticed it for some time on here, every available moment on here is an opportunity for identity politics to you.

Not a personal attack, just an observation from an utterly tired human being.  Tired of virtue signaling and false accusations in life. Seriously, it is nauseating on a quite epic scale.  It is everywhere.  Social media, mainstream media, schools, colleges and the workplace.  If you want to put the world to right, get away from your keyboard, give up your job and become a missionary or something.  At least try and do something instead of sit and desperately sell your virtues to everyone.  I speak for no-one bar myself but I imagine I am not alone.  It is exhausting, it really is.  Every day there is another claim of something against your average Joe.  Another day to make people believe that you are in some way less privileged and morally superior to those who just don't see things the way you do.  

Peace out.

25 minutes ago, Haken said:

I'm making a huge and unsubstantiated assumption here, but I'm guessing that the majority of people posting here aren't in Stormzy's target audience.  I very much include myself in that.  But I have a wee lass (aged 8) who is very much into current pop music and she was really keen to see Stormzy's performance.  She asked me afterwards what Grenfell meant.  Job done?

Job done for getting Stormzy's point of view of course.  Stormzy's point of view is his.  Hopefully his target audience will also develop their own too.  In this social media age we really only have 2 points of view now, what somneone thinks is the good decent one and the other is the evil one.

1 hour ago, i8hibsh said:

Job done for getting Stormzy's point of view of course.  Stormzy's point of view is his.  Hopefully his target audience will also develop their own too.  In this social media age we really only have 2 points of view now, what somneone thinks is the good decent one and the other is the evil one.

People have always been influenced by celebrities - it's not something that's arrived with social media.  I agree, though, that social media does provide a stronger influence where platforms are designed to attract followers.  It's human nature to follow what you like or what you believe, you're much less likely to follow someone who offers and alternative or opposite point of view.

Sir Vladimir of Romanov
5 hours ago, i8hibsh said:

maroonlegions I have a serious question for you?  Have you ever had a day in your life where you did not make an accusation of racism, sexism or feel that you were morally superior for the way you see the world?

Take a day off for the sake of everyone.  For instance,  you are not a nicer person for hating the Daily Mail, Tories and Trump.  I promise you, I really do, life simply does not work like that.  Your thoughts, outlook and values are not 'right' and they are not 'wrong' - they are personal feelings, thoughts and opinions.  Please take that huge sanctimonious stick that is wedged right up your backside, get off your high horse and stop looking down on everyone.

It is people like you that made me come off social media sites like Facebook etc.  Utterly horrendous.  A perpetual crusade for acceptance, to be seen as virtuous and to be heard.  I have noticed it for some time on here, every available moment on here is an opportunity for identity politics to you.

Not a personal attack, just an observation from an utterly tired human being.  Tired of virtue signaling and false accusations in life. Seriously, it is nauseating on a quite epic scale.  It is everywhere.  Social media, mainstream media, schools, colleges and the workplace.  If you want to put the world to right, get away from your keyboard, give up your job and become a missionary or something.  At least try and do something instead of sit and desperately sell your virtues to everyone.  I speak for no-one bar myself but I imagine I am not alone.  It is exhausting, it really is.  Every day there is another claim of something against your average Joe.  Another day to make people believe that you are in some way less privileged and morally superior to those who just don't see things the way you do.  

Peace out.

Amen. 

maroonlegions

First of all, your POST is full off  hypocrisy when you say its not  a PERSONAL attack.

Its not the first time you have weigh in on my threads or posts and had some personal dig at me sonny.

But you should know by now that its all about "mind physiology"  and that i dont give a feck what people think including you.

You can usually tell the level of "seethe" or who deep a  "nerve"  has been hit by the rebuttal of a post and yours is simply one of making it personal.

You should take that sanctimonious stick out of your sun dont shine and admit that OPINIONS on social media do MATTER  and that people do what they can when challenged to get off their arses to do something.  Naming and shaming on social media is a very potent tool, its the age we live in now, tv ratings are now redundant.

Take "ANONYMOUS", they have got off their arses and are engaging in challenging social  injustices and liberty takers  by doing it through the global web.

You actually know feck all about me , your attack reeks of ignorance, arrogance and  is from someone who has opinions on me personally  that is a mixture  of  ignorance, arrogance which  has caused your information gathering ability to be serious clouded  by a personal bias.

What would you recommend i do to get off my arse, in fact you dont get to decide, when or how and in what way i get off my arse, you off yours yet.

Your post consists  of a very cleaver mix of rhetoric aimed at a very personal attack, an a attack that has clears got you bothered by the topic of the thread, mainly that some celebs feel its still relevant to highlight to discrepancies   of WHY 79 people died in that that tower.

Lets get this straight , this thread has weeded out those who are very uncomfortable that there was blatant disregards for human life because of MONEY and cost cutting that resulted  in  the tragedy at Grenfell.

You will never see a Tory at most protest marches in regards to their governments AUSTERITY attacks on the poor and cuts to public spending. or airing their grievances  on social media about it. Why is that.

You should  well  reminded  that your perception of "get off your arse and do something" is now a collaboration  of taking down those who are HIDING from direct or indirect,(guilty by association), of corruption and injustices  by exposure on social  media sites.

Tell me again why  your entire post is  nothing more than a  "premature ejaculation", a post that was  simply  brought on by your   arrogant  and arrogance  opinion of you  thinking you actually now who i am and what i actually engage or do in  regards  to  your  personal dig  of "getting of ones arse".

two-thousand-seventeen-anonews-the-year-anonymous-hackers-took-17617047[1].png

Co43x38XEAAyScm[1].jpg

maxresdefault[1].jpg

2 minutes ago, maroonlegions said:

First of all, your POST is full off  hypocrisy when you say its not  a PERSONAL attack.

Its not the first time you have weigh in on my threads or posts and had some personal dig at me sonny.

But you should know by now that its all about "mind physiology"  and that i dont give a feck what people think including you.

You can usually tell the level of "seethe" or who deep a  "nerve"  has been hit by the rebuttal of a post and yours is simply one of making it personal.

You should take that sanctimonious stick out of your sun dont shine and admit that OPINIONS on social media do MATTER  and that people do what they can when challenged to get off their arses to do something.  Naming and shaming on social media is a very potent tool, its the age we live in now, tv ratings are now redundant.

Take "ANONYMOUS", they have got off their arses and are engaging in challenging social  injustices and liberty takers  by doing it through the global web.

You actually know feck all about me , your attack reeks of ignorance, arrogance and  is from someone who has opinions on me personally  that is a mixture  of  ignorance, arrogance which  has caused your information gathering ability to be serious clouded  by a personal bias.

What would you recommend i do to get off my arse, in fact you dont get to decide, when or how and in what way i get off my arse, you off yours yet.

Your post consists  of a very cleaver mix of rhetoric aimed at a very personal attack, an a attack that has clears got you bothered by the topic of the thread, mainly that some celebs feel its still relevant to highlight to discrepancies   of WHY 79 people died in that that tower.

Lets get this straight , this thread has weeded out those who are very uncomfortable that there was blatant disregards for human life because of MONEY and cost cutting that resulted  in  the tragedy at Grenfell.

You will never see a Tory at most protest marches in regards to their governments AUSTERITY attacks on the poor and cuts to public spending. or airing their grievances  on social media about it. Why is that.

You should  well  reminded  that your perception of "get off your arse and do something" is now a collaboration  of taking down those who are HIDING from direct or indirect,(guilty by association), of corruption and injustices  by exposure on social  media sites.

Tell me again why  your entire post is  nothing more than a  "premature ejaculation", a post that was  simply  brought on by your   arrogant  and arrogance  opinion of you  thinking you actually now who i am and what i actually engage or do in  regards  to  your  personal dig  of "getting of ones arse".

Co43x38XEAAyScm[1].jpg

maxresdefault[1].jpg

ML you are so full of hate it clouds your ability to reason.

maroonlegions
1 minute ago, deesidejambo said:

No full of things you dont like, reason aye, lol

maroonlegions
2 minutes ago, deesidejambo said:

My long winded  post was in response to ih8hibish.

Your  non ability to see beyond your own personal bias  clouds you in your present ignorance of the shite world we all live in, lol. All happy clappers come together.

Its a world of the web, tv ratings are now redundant, still cloudy up their deesy. lo. 

3 minutes ago, maroonlegions said:

My long winded  post was in response to ih8hibish.

Your  non ability to see beyond your own personal bias  clouds you in your present ignorance of the shite world we all live in, lol. All happy clappers come together.

Its a world of the web, tv ratings are now redundant, still cloudy up their deesy. lo. 

Can i guess that you have been peeving?

Geoff the Mince
24 minutes ago, maroonlegions said:

Co43x38XEAAyScm[1].jpg

maxresdefault[1].jpg

So you are pissed off with what he said ? 

maroonlegions

Brutal that some on here just want to white wash this justifiable rant by Stormzy  by attacking the OP on  personal issues. Week and cowardly far right trolls.

Dont give a feck though, love the seethe.:laugh:.

Back on topic, this below.

In accordance with Mr Stokes’ advice, KCTMO has consistently refused to release copies of fire assessments for Grenfell Tower, including the most recent report in 2016 after highly flammable cladding panels were added to the tower. It is impossible to obtain these documents by submitting a Freedom of Information request – as a private body, KCTMO is not subject to the Freedom of Information Act.:interehjrling:

And this;

Kensington and Chelsea Council has fallen into disarray, with the resignation on Friday of leader Nicholas Paget-Brown and deputy Rock Feilding-Mellen, :laugh:who had responsibility for housing, property and regeneration and oversaw the Grenfell Tower refurbishment.:mad:

The buck stops with that Tory held Kensington and Chelsea Council.

And this;

'Nearly 2,000 homes are lying empty near the Grenfell Tower, amid faltering efforts to rehouse more than 100 families left homeless by the fire that gutted the high rise. 

A Freedom of Information (FoI) request to Kensington and Chelsea Council, which owns the tower, prompted the authority to release updated figures showing there are 1,857 properties lying empty in the borough. :jj_facepalm:

And this;

Hope more musicians  and celebs have the gumption to speak out  on such issues in the future.

5a8589e6fc7e930f128b460d[1].png

deesidejambo
47 minutes ago, maroonlegions said:

Brutal that some on here just want to white wash this justifiable rant by Stormzy  by attacking the OP on  personal issues. Week and cowardly far right trolls.

Dont give a feck though, love the seethe.:laugh:.

Back on topic, this below.

In accordance with Mr Stokes’ advice, KCTMO has consistently refused to release copies of fire assessments for Grenfell Tower, including the most recent report in 2016 after highly flammable cladding panels were added to the tower. It is impossible to obtain these documents by submitting a Freedom of Information request – as a private body, KCTMO is not subject to the Freedom of Information Act.:interehjrling:

And this;

Kensington and Chelsea Council has fallen into disarray, with the resignation on Friday of leader Nicholas Paget-Brown and deputy Rock Feilding-Mellen, :laugh:who had responsibility for housing, property and regeneration and oversaw the Grenfell Tower refurbishment.:mad:

The buck stops with that Tory held Kensington and Chelsea Council.

And this;

'Nearly 2,000 homes are lying empty near the Grenfell Tower, amid faltering efforts to rehouse more than 100 families left homeless by the fire that gutted the high rise. 

A Freedom of Information (FoI) request to Kensington and Chelsea Council, which owns the tower, prompted the authority to release updated figures showing there are 1,857 properties lying empty in the borough. :jj_facepalm:

And this;

Hope more musicians  and celebs have the gumption to speak out  on such issues in the future.

5a8589e6fc7e930f128b460d[1].png

You may want to add that many offers of new accommodation are being turned down because the fire victim wants a better place.   It takes time to match the new accommodation with the desires of the fire victim and there is infighting going on between them about who gets the best places.

That is why it is taking time to match it all up.

But you will ignore this of course.   Your hatred is making you look like a fool.

stick to crop circles.

deesidejambo
19 minutes ago, deesidejambo said:

You may want to add that many offers of new accommodation are being turned down because the fire victim wants a better place.   It takes time to match the new accommodation with the desires of the fire victim and there is infighting going on between them about who gets the best places.

But you will ignore this of course.   Your hatred is making you look like a fool.

stick to crop circles.

And while I’m at it.

there have been numerous fraudulent claims for compensation with one person already convicted and jailed.

these claims also slow everything down as every claim now has to be checked for fraud.

but you will ignore that also.

in your world Theresa May is sitting deliberately not paying out because she is an evil witch who likes to punish people for no apparent reason.

but keep cutting and pasting yourself to masturbatory frenzy.

Geoff the Mince
32 minutes ago, deesidejambo said:

stick to crop circles.

?

Archived