Problems with looking to the Championship

Walter Kidd

Walter Kidd

Is that they only know their own market. Probably why Burns, Levein, Williamson, Davies, Broon got the sack.

Owen Coyle will go the same way.

We need to be careful who we appoint.

It's always a gamble.

Wenger goes French, Benetiz goes Spanish & Vlad went Lith.......bugger. :(

Is that they only know their own market. Probably why Burns, Levein, Williamson, Davies, Broon got the sack.

Davies did very well no reason he wouldnt at Hearts, Levein is doing well now back in Scotland, Coyle did well last season, I'd take any of those three at Hearts tomorrow

Walter Kidd
Davies did very well no reason he wouldnt at Hearts, Levein is doing well now back in Scotland, Coyle did well last season, I'd take any of those three at Hearts tomorrow

What I was saying mate is that managers know their own leagues. Not disputing that Levein is doing well, but he had a mare at Leicester due to him buying players he knew rather than players he required.

What I was saying mate is that managers know their own leagues. Not disputing that Levein is doing well, but he had a mare at Leicester due to him buying players he knew rather than players he required.

I think Levein maybe over-trusted some of those signings and was spurred on by the fact that he new Leicester could waft the cash and buy them.

a touch naive on his part. I doubt he'd make the same mistake.

Charlie-Brown

it is a natural thing to appoint players or staff whom you know or trust.....anyway it doesn't always work in a different culture or setting but.........the championship is very different to the SPL...it's much much more competitive for a start, also it has a vibrant transfer market where teams buy & sell from each other trying to make themselves stronger but the SPL has a beggar thy neighbour policy.....

Eldar Hadzimehmedovic
It's always a gamble.

Wenger goes French, Benetiz goes Spanish & Vlad went Lith.......bugger. :(

Three managers.

Wenger.

Benitez.

Vlad Dunceheid.

Spot the odd one out.:)

Still waiting on a response to the text. ;)

Morning Al, will bell you as soon as I can.

take it easy mon ami.

Does that mean that you will now divulge the name?

Speak soon brother! :)

Jam Tarts 1874

The Championship always looks like it is all about momentum. It seems you can have a great few months and then suddenly your team is garbage again. I think that the fast paced kick and rush nature of the football played in the Championship makes it difficult to get consistancy, it also makes it difficult to gauge the effectiveness of the managers.

Having said that there are any number of out of work managers from Championship or lower end of the Premiership teams that I'm sure could do a decent job for us. I think we can rule out Levein though, he definately looks happy where he is.

Archived