The real problem finding a manager

JamboJimmyB

JamboJimmyB

The Evening News revealed earlier this week that Weiss had failed to get the assurances he wanted from Hearts that he would have full control of team selection and transfer matters.

This is why will will not find the right man for the job.

Although academic, I also believe that McGee would have declined the job on the same grounds.

Lets face it, Romanov wants to pull the strings and install a coach who will

quickly lose the respect of the fans and the players. Who knows it might be Frail again.

I am past caring and am just glad that I will not be a party to the 2008/09 season watching the further humiliation of the club that I have supported for over 40 years.

I will return when the protesting starts.

The Eevening News revealed nothing. It had an 'Evening News understands' stroy, which means they have no quotes and no evidence, so they are merely specualting and using the understands phrase as back up, so if it proves not to be the case they can simply say they only said that is how they understood it. It is rather like saying soemone 'alllegedley' done something, or Michael Fish saying there is a '90% chance of rain' - i.e. if it does not happen, there is always a get out.

The fact of the matter is that our clubs PR is a shambles and the papers hvae so little information to go on they publish diluted articles that seem to stretch an existing story

Whether or not the interference issue is 100% accurate in this instance you would have to be beyond naive to think that this is not the major reason we are struggling to appoint a mnagaer of any quality. Only desperado's, Eastern European's, pyramid men or possibly someone from a lower league Scottish club would touch the job.

All speculation.

I also believe this could be a stumbling block, but until someone categorically states this to be the reason for not taking the Hearts job, it's just 'net talk.

The fact of the matter is that our clubs PR is a shambles and the papers hvae so little information to go on they publish diluted articles that seem to stretch an existing story

The papers should have little information. Hearts should not need to reveal anything until any appointment is official just for the press' sake - as we saw appointments can fall through, for various reasons, some self inflicted, some not - but regardless, we should tell the press nothing until an appointment is actually made.

Is that not exactly how we SHOULD be doing business ? Everything on the QT until we have something to announce ?

At my work, we are not told any names about new staff until they have signed on the dotted line.

Why should this be any different ?

Dr. Bapswent
Is that not exactly how we SHOULD be doing business ? Everything on the QT until we have something to announce ?

At my work, we are not told any names about new staff until they have signed on the dotted line.

Why should this be any different ?

Exactly,

I think that if we get a manager now, we wont know much about it till its dealt with.

other clubs just seem more open when conducting their business, I'm not saying Hearts should tell the press everything but a little more communication would go down well with the majority of the support. It would certainly stop all the nonsense flying around this board!!

other clubs just seem more open when conducting their business, I'm not saying Hearts should tell the press everything but a little more communication would go down well with the majority of the support. It would certainly stop all the nonsense flying around this board!!

SO what do you want to know? Who is on the shortlist?

If so, what if some are already employed - their empolyed clubs could take action over us, accusing us of poaching.

What if those being considered do not wish anything public until they have made a decision, if offered the job?

This is now how it works - in any business.

All I'm saying is that if the communication between the club and the fans was improved then it would do wonders for VR's credibility !There are countless posts on here that argue the same point!! Surel there could be no harm if VR came out and gave the fans some assurances!?

jack D and coke

No one worth a sook will work for these clowns and the sooner everyone grasps this the better. I mean 6 months to appoint a manager. FFS

Cut The Crap
All I'm saying is that if the communication between the club and the fans was improved then it would do wonders for VR's credibility !There are countless posts on here that argue the same point!! Surel there could be no harm if VR came out and gave the fans some assurances!?

VR's verbal assurances are not worth the paper they're not written on.

And in any case, there's nothing to communicate. Nothing is happening, or at least nothing that is known to the staff in Edinburgh. Under those circumstances, it's best they say nothing.

The Evening News revealed earlier this week that Weiss had failed to get the assurances he wanted from Hearts that he would have full control of team selection and transfer matters.

NO one will get control of transfers - those are essentially business decisions. None of the managers of any top European club controls transfers - be they Real Madrid, Barcelona, Milan, Chelsea etc etc. Control of the team is quite different and any manager must be given team control. I believe the whole training structure - from Academy up to and including first team should be their remit.

Chas

Guest JamboRobbo
The Eevening News revealed nothing. It had an 'Evening News understands' stroy, which means they have no quotes and no evidence, so they are merely specualting and using the understands phrase as back up, so if it proves not to be the case they can simply say they only said that is how they understood it. It is rather like saying soemone 'alllegedley' done something, or Michael Fish saying there is a '90% chance of rain' - i.e. if it does not happen, there is always a get out.

Next they'll be making stuff up suggesting Vlad interferes in team selection, and that he faxes the team through before the match.

We shouldn't believe a word. It's clearly all lies made up by the media to undermine our glorious leader.

:rofl:

Ron Burgundy
Next they'll be making stuff up suggesting Vlad interferes in team selection, and that he faxes the team through before the match.

We shouldn't believe a word. It's clearly all lies made up by the media to undermine our glorious leader.

Thats not what the guy was inferring at all.

Guest JamboRobbo
Thats not what the guy was inferring at all.

Aye, you've caught me. Fair do's. I'm a stupid hobo, and nobody at all was on here saying the papers were just making it all up when they were telling us Vlad was interfering in team selection, and Simon Says was in no way doing exactly the same thing.

But Vlad clearly does/did interfere in selection etc etc blah blah, all this we know.

The article basically was p issing in the wind with speculation as usual.

Ron Burgundy
Aye, you've caught me. Fair do's. I'm a stupid hobo.

Why twist what he's saying then?

Guest JamboRobbo
But Vlad clearly does/did interfere in selection etc etc blah blah, all this we know.

But back when the media were first telling us that Vlad interferes, people on here were arguing that it was just the media making things up.

Just as Simon Says is arguing it's just the media making things up this time.

That was the comparison I was drawing. That maybe it's not all the big bad media monkeys telling lies about our infallable leader.

And that maybe, just maybe, they could be telling us the truth. Like they were when they told us Vlad was interfering way back from Burley/Valdas times......

Maroon Toon

Just bring Zico back. He's a Jambo through and through and he has worked with the best. I know it dosen't always work when you bring back a great player but surely it's worth a go. Better than Frail.

Ron Burgundy
oof. that really hurt. :rofl:

mod delete

Have you ever posted anything positive ............ever?

Guest JamboRobbo

Have you ever posted anything positive ............ever?

Many times. Praise where due, criticism where due. It's not my fault that criticism is what has been due in the main.

Guest casper
All speculation.

I also believe this could be a stumbling block, but until someone categorically states this to be the reason for not taking the Hearts job, it's just 'net talk.

Another one who won't believe the world is round until he sees it for himself from outer space.

The fact we have failed to appoint a manager after 6 months of trying suggests to me there is some truth in the story.

Ron Burgundy
Just bring Zico back. He's a Jambo through and through and he has worked with the best. I know it dosen't always work when you bring back a great player but surely it's worth a go. Better than Frail.

Christ on a bike.

Another one sneaks in under the radar then self combusts on post 2.

But back when the media were first telling us that Vlad interferes, people on here were arguing that it was just the media making things up.

Just as Simon Says is arguing it's just the media making things up this time.

That was the comparison I was drawing. That maybe it's not all the big bad media monkeys telling lies about our infallable leader.

And that maybe, just maybe, they could be telling us the truth. Like they were when they told us Vlad was interfering way back from Burley/Valdas times......

Okay, that's a possibility and a theory that you may or may not believe, but i tend to agree with Simon.

The story, or lack of one, was all that he was highlighting. Just another Hearts story to fill column inches without any real foundation. Speculation.

The media and VR were as bad as each other back then. One-upmanship at it's worst and this has been widely recognised by the industries journos.

Another one who won't believe the world is round until he sees it for himself from outer space.

The fact we have failed to appoint a manager after 6 months of trying suggests to me there is some truth in the story.

Be quiet you trumpet.

Have you actually read anything here before jumping in with your f@@k Vlad boots on?

I'm perfectly aware VR is a clown, has ruined our club, and my degree allows me to comprehend the world is f@@king round.

Guest JamboRobbo
Okay, that's a possibility and a theory that you may or may not believe, but i tend to agree with Simon.

The story, or lack of one, was all that he was highlighting. Just another Hearts story to fill column inches without any real foundation. Speculation.

Was it just another Hearts story when they told us Vlad was interfering in team selection?

Or did it turn out to be true?

rudi must stay
No one worth a sook will work for these clowns and the sooner everyone grasps this the better. I mean 6 months to appoint a manager. FFS

well we wasted atleast 5 of those waiting for McGhee..

Was it just another Hearts story when they told us Vlad was interfering in team selection?

Or did it turn out to be true?

JR, we KNOW this!!

It's old ground, but the media will still try and create new crap to further muddy our already manky waters.

Until i see quotes direct from the proverbial's mouth, i don't trust it. It ain't worth the paper it's written on.

Take the McGee scenario. Done and dusted according to the press. :rolleyes:

Although academic, I also believe that McGee would have declined the job on the same grounds.

quickly lose the respect of the fans and the players. Who knows it might be Frail again.

I am past caring and am just glad that I will not be a party to the 2008/09 season watching the further humiliation of the club that I have supported for over 40 years.

I am going to eat my own head if I read another post like this.

No offence OP...

Guest casper
Be quiet you trumpet.

Have you actually read anything here before jumping in with your f@@k Vlad boots on?

I'm perfectly aware VR is a clown, has ruined our club, and my degree allows me to comprehend the world is f@@king round.

Glad to hear it.

Just makes me wonder why you are so willing to stick up for him.

BTW, I've got a degree too.;)

SO what do you want to know? Who is on the shortlist?

If so, what if some are already employed - their empolyed clubs could take action over us, accusing us of poaching.

What if those being considered do not wish anything public until they have made a decision, if offered the job?

This is now how it works - in any business.

Simon, you are quite correct. The usual suspects, like nosey gossipping old women, would like to know because they are supporters and think they they have a right to know everything. They don't and shouldn't. We should conduct our business in a professional manner and get rightly criticised when we don't. They should back off when we do. What interfering has to do with this thread is tenuous to say the least.

Glad to hear it.

Where did i defend him? Show me the exact text where i said VR is blameless/faultless/wonderful and i'll show you a liar.

Back in his first season in charge i was telling anybody who would listen to me that the man would eventually be more trouble than he was worth.

At that time i was a tube for mocking the saviour of Hearts. I was a hatkicker, apparently. Now i'm being accused of being a Vladsheep for being rational!!

Tre-f@@kin-mendous.

I see myself beyond the usual trash talk of 'you're this....' and 'you're that...' garbage. I'll leave that to the certain other types who frequent this board.

This thread was based on a non-story by the EEN. Another one in a long line of non-stories.

Maroon Toon
Glad to hear it.

I would love a degree. Where do you get them?

Ron Burgundy

You can't shop lift them from the Kirkgate so I'm afraid you'll have to do without.:107years:

Herpees.net give them out for calling people yamfuds.

Guest casper

I got mine for $20 form a US internet uni.

Worth every cent.

Guest casper
Where did i defend him? Show me the exact text where i said VR is blameless/faultless/wonderful and i'll show you a liar.

Back in his first season in charge i was telling anybody who would listen to me that the man would eventually be more trouble than he was worth.

At that time i was a tube for mocking the saviour of Hearts. I was a hatkicker, apparently. Now i'm being accused of being a Vladsheep for being rational!!

Tre-f@@kin-mendous.

I see myself beyond the usual trash talk of 'you're this....' and 'you're that...' garbage. I'll leave that to the certain other types who frequent this board.

This thread was based on a non-story by the EEN. Another one in a long line of non-stories.

Thanks for putting me straight.

Suppose we won't know if it's a non-story until it all comes out in the wash.

It's certainly not unbelievable. Not to me at least.

Captain Canada

The Evening News once ran a front page story about a 'fox' biting an old woman on the leg. When you read the story below it turned out it was dark, the woman saw nothing and a fox expert said there was no way a fox would normally bite a human.

I 'understand' that the the EEN is a hobo rag with a penchant for telling porkies!

Guest JamboRobbo
JR, we KNOW this!!

It's old ground, but the media will still try and create new crap to further muddy our already manky waters.

Until i see quotes direct from the proverbial's mouth, i don't trust it. It ain't worth the paper it's written on.

Fair enough.

And many "in the know" posters on here. :P

JR, we KNOW this!!

I think the point he is trying to make is that too many blame the media for making a meal of the Hearts thing, when in fact we should just be grateful they are not going to town on a slap up all-you-can-eat-buffet.

All common sense point to the fact that it is probably Romanov ******ing things up by refusing to give full assurances and i think most people, most people who live in the real world, realised that ages ago.

Assurance over team selction had NOTHING to do with McGHEE & WEISS not taking the job. Sure all the uncertaintly that is a daily event at Hearts would put most off but in this instance I do not believe interference was to blame.

Let's face it - why did McGhee go as far as he did in talking to Hearts when team interference would be the 1st question needing answered.

I would rather stick with Frail (not ideal) than take someone for the hell of it. I don't want Frail long term by any means but better him than some pyramid man or a no-mark.

Assurance over team selction had NOTHING to do with McGHEE & WEISS not taking the job.

Any reason for stating this so categorically? :o

Assurance over team selction had NOTHING to do with McGHEE & WEISS not taking the job.

What utter pish!! Off course it did. Maybe the first thing they talked about was salary? It is for most people. I think McGhee was on his was for this absurd 8 day induction when he suddenly came to his senses. I do not think he got a txt at the airport from Vlad saying "I'll still be picking the team by the way", more like he was prepared to put up with Vlad's ridiculous methods for a large jump in salary but later changed his mind.

What happened to the full control bit in the January 1st Statement?

Does it really matter anyway? We all know Vlad likes to pick certain players when there are scouts around.

We'll support you evermore Heart of Midlothian ***** off Hibernian

What utter pish!! Off course it did. Maybe the first thing they talked about was salary? It is for most people. I think McGhee was on his was for this absurd 8 day induction when he suddenly came to his senses. I do not think he got a txt at the airport from Vlad saying "I'll still be picking the team by the way", more like he was prepared to put up with Vlad's ridiculous methods for a large jump in salary but later changed his mind.

Which would be a mistake in front of any potential employers. It should always be to the back of an interview, after all, it's the job you're after, right?! :rolleyes:

Any reason for stating this so categorically? :o

No, not really.

Just I heard from a journalist friend who spoke to MM. With regards to Weiss I know Hearts are 'shaking with rage' as he indicated last w/e he was taking the job. I think he used Hearts to get a nice payrise.

The same guy told me on Monday that Thor was discounted and I see the press have picked this up yesterday/today.

Hearts are now looking elsewhere but if Weiss came back on Monday and said YES I suspect he would get it.

Which would be a mistake in front of any potential employers. It should always be to the back of an interview, after all, it's the job you're after, right?! :rolleyes:

Maybe in football its different though, ie clubs tend to approach individuals instead of the other way about. If Hearts approached McGhee it would then put him in a strong position as he knows they want him.

Archived