The real problem finding a manager

JamboJimmyB

The fact of the matter is no one will take the job whilst Vlad is in charge because if they have any experience knowledge or credibility they know Vlad is a total **** the joke of Scottsih football and therefore stay well clear. aNyone in any doubt check who has been running the football side of things since Burley left has anyone with a decent track record been in charge at Hearts, no. Remember Malofeev, Valdas, Rix etc

Maybe in football its different though, ie clubs tend to approach individuals instead of the other way about. If Hearts approached McGhee it would then put him in a strong position as he knows they want him.

Money wasn't the issue for McGee. He openly stated that he shot his bolt too soon in the past when he had something good going and he didn't want to do it again at Motherwell. That, and that VR's working methods are draconian and super-weird...:sad:

The real problem? Too many to list.

Squad with almost complete lack of talent.

Players signed over the managers head.

No control for the manager.

Sporadic media outbursts from the owner for which he is to blame (mostly) in the first place.

So many layers to the club set up that no one knows who controls what.

Fanciful promises with absolutely no backing.

These are some of my faves though.

rudi must stay
The real problem? Too many to list.

Squad with almost complete lack of talent.

Players signed over the managers head.

No control for the manager.

Sporadic media outbursts from the owner for which he is to blame (mostly) in the first place.

So many layers to the club set up that no one knows who controls what.

Fanciful promises with absolutely no backing.

These are some of my faves though.

one big positive though. Money

Only a Game
All speculation.

I also believe this could be a stumbling block, but until someone categorically states this to be the reason for not taking the Hearts job, it's just 'net talk.

You dont think that Hearts, the club being accused in the papers of not allowing any prospective new manager 100% control of team matters, as they promised in a blaze of publicity on 1st January, should come out and categorically deny that this is the case.

I feckin do. and until they do then I am afraid I believe it to be 100% the case

Only a Game
No, not really.

Just I heard from a journalist friend who spoke to MM. With regards to Weiss I know Hearts are 'shaking with rage' as he indicated last w/e he was taking the job. I think he used Hearts to get a nice payrise.

The same guy told me on Monday that Thor was discounted and I see the press have picked this up yesterday/today.

Hearts are now looking elsewhere but if Weiss came back on Monday and said YES I suspect he would get it.

Do you have a link to the newspaper article that said this. Its not in the EEN or the Record that I can see.

Guest jambomickey

no self respecting football manager is going to stand for a dictating buisness man telling him what to do. romanov is a disgrace and the quicker he out of tynecastle the better, lie after lie after lie! that's what we get from this regime.

portobellojambo1

Fairly simple I think, nobody appears to want the job based on the job spec as it stands. I think with a few guarantees written into, and a few of the owner's requirements removed, the job at Hearts may revert to being very appealing.

jack D and coke
well we wasted atleast 5 of those waiting for McGhee..

Sorry but i'm not believing for a minute that Romanov really wanted him. The 5 month wait and subsequent knock back panned out perfectly for the tw*t. I just dont believe a single word that comes out his mouth frankly. If he was even remotely serious this would've been over ages ago. Under a normal owner the Hearts job is a cracking job and plenty managers would love it imo.

Frankenstein Jambo.
All I'm saying is that if the communication between the club and the fans was improved then it would do wonders for VR's credibility !There are countless posts on here that argue the same point!! Surel there could be no harm if VR came out and gave the fans some assurances!?

What kind of assurances? Do you want him to come out and say "Everything is going to be dinky-dory next season. I am targeting Alex Ferguson as my next manager and on top of my wish list are players such as messi, C ronaldo, F torres and Kaka. Two of these players would do just nicely. Oh, and by the way, The stadium plans will be ready within the next 50 years or so. Kind regard, Mr ramanov, the Hearts saviour."

I bet you'd believe! then

You dont think that Hearts, the club being accused in the papers of not allowing any prospective new manager 100% control of team matters, as they promised in a blaze of publicity on 1st January, should come out and categorically deny that this is the case.

I feckin do. and until they do then I am afraid I believe it to be 100% the case

I think Hearts have denied this in the past. Stephen Frail has done so on a few occasions, but that still isn't enough for some it would appear.

I'm NOT defending Hearts on this stance, far from it, but banging on about old news that continually falls on deaf ears will only lead to one thing happening.

Silence.

I think Hearts have denied this in the past. Stephen Frail has done so on a few occasions, but that still isn't enough for some it would appear.

I'm NOT defending Hearts on this stance, far from it, but banging on about old news that continually falls on deaf ears will only lead to one thing happening.

Silence.

I thought Frail finally admitted there was interference ?

You have to ask if we are not losing out on managers due to interference issues then why the hell are we struggling to appoint anyone ?

Drylaw Hearts

The real problem we have in trying to find a Manager is that this tw@t is at helm :

400x400_VladimirRomanovNew.jpg

The fact we have failed to appoint a manager after 6 months of trying suggests to me there is some truth in the story.

I just get the impression a lot of those 6 months - we've not been trying very hard...just waiting for McGhhee to sign on the dotted line once the Motherwell season was done and dusted.

I thought Frail finally admitted there was interference ?

You have to ask if we are not losing out on managers due to interference issues then why the hell are we struggling to appoint anyone ?

Vladimir Romanov.

Would you gamble your mortgage, self respect and football credibility on him???

Vladimir Romanov.

Would you gamble your mortgage, self respect and football credibility on him???

Fair enough can't argue with that but i thought you were saying interference was not a issue when clearly it still was when Frail was meant to be in sole charge.

Fair enough can't argue with that but i thought you were saying interference was not a issue when clearly it still was when Frail was meant to be in sole charge.

Absolutely not Dazo.

Please re-read my posts.

I stated that VR has interfered in the past, but we have to be rational about this.

The media continually rake up muck concerning Hearts and at a guess, roughly about 75% of the 'news' stories connected with us are just speculative poo-stirring from some bored journo.

Hearts are great column inches for these people. After the old firm, Hearts sell papers because of the weirdo in charge of our club.

Fareastjambo
no self respecting football manager is going to stand for a dictating buisness man telling him what to do. romanov is a disgrace and the quicker he out of tynecastle the better, lie after lie after lie! that's what we get from this regime.

Could not agree more. It doesn't matter what the papers do or do not report. Bottom line is that Vlad is at the root of all the problems faced by the club at the moment and until the day comes when he goes (and hopefully that will be sooner rather later) nothing will change. I am a Hearts fan through and through, but the past 2 to 3 years (apart from the Burley period and winning the Cup) have been a nightmare for the club and its supporters.

one big positive though. Money

Really? Where? Did I miss it?

Apart from his initial burst in pre season 05, when spent approx ?1mill on Pospicil and Bednar and then his fateful forage into the market at winter 06, he;s spent money on Kingston - which will no doubt see him flogged at the first opporchancity.

When I say he spent, he just charged it to the debt.

We all know that the manager who comes in will just have to get on with whoever Vlad says he is signing.

Who is going to take that one on?

Archived