Bambi's away

Ryan Gosling

Commander Harris

I wouldn't be too surprised if Goncalves does a "bednar" tbh.

Guest JamboRobbo

I wouldn't be all that surprised if he took up athletics instead of football.

Will never be a football player, and is not in the same class as Bednar IMO.

Exactly.

Jeezuz, even the vermin across the city are stating that Hearts players are much better than our recent form suggests. Even they are admitting that the 'regime' are grinding us down.

:(

I wouldn't be all that surprised if he took up athletics instead of football.

Will never be a football player, and is not in the same class as Bednar IMO.

I don't think that's the point JR.

More to do with the hierarchy destroying players beliefs and confidence.

BangkokHearts

Imposter.

Good riddance.

He should be going on trial there for the charge of failing to perform in a Hearts jersey.

We_are_the_Hearts

SPOT ON. A good coach could turn Jose into an effective defender. Only one way he was going at Hearts, he was in good company though.........................................

Guest JamboRobbo

Not arguing with you there. In the case of folks like Bednar, that is exactly what happened.

But, having watched more than enough of him, it's become clear that Jose lacks basic skills like controlling and passing a football, and marking opposition players. He compensates for this by being able to run really fast and throw the ball really far.

Good athlete, but never a footballer. IMO.

Still, like all the other players at our club, he should be getting assessed by a manager, who makes the call whether he wants him or doesn't, and how valuable the manager feels he is to the team.

Maybe so, but Goncalves does not have the ability to make it. I'll be very surprised if this comment comes back to haunt me.

Goncalves has shown very, very little in his time here.

Don't really get that one,Bednar played 50 games for us and I would think that at least half of them he looked like a football player,Carl Lewis on the other hand looked like a football player once ,twice at a push in 40 odd games.

Isn't this another EEN "understands" article though? The only quote from Nuremburg was "no comment" wasn't it? A source close to Nuremburg - aye right. More like a source close to my desk.

Surely they would comment if it's just a loan deal?

He showed early signs of promise, anyone remember the Hibs semi final? he was one of the best players on the park till he got injured. I think he'll go on to do well abroad, good luck Jose!

Boaby Ewing

Why this thread wasn't titled 'Footballing Holocaust on trial at Nuremberg' I'll never know.

*Ducks*

We_are_the_Hearts
Not arguing with you there. In the case of folks like Bednar, that is exactly what happened.

But, having watched more than enough of him, it's become clear that Jose lacks basic skills like controlling and passing a football, and marking opposition players. He compensates for this by being able to run really fast and throw the ball really far.

Good athlete, but never a footballer. IMO.

Still, like all the other players at our club, he should be getting assessed by a manager, who makes the call whether he wants him or doesn't, and how valuable the manager feels he is to the team.

He does have weaknesses but a good coach could compensate for them. Like "Christophe, don't give Jose the ball when under pressure!!!!!". He is a good defender though and has proved himself in the Champions League and Portugal U21s. Think he will be more suited to the continental game. His passing does need a good bit of coaching though.

Can we not throw our legendary right full back in as part of the package ? Plllllllleeeeeeeeeeeeaaaaassssssseeee

The thought of watching him again next season is so depressing and if Berra goes, no I won't allow myself to say what might happen.

He showed early signs of promise, anyone remember the Hibs semi final? he was one of the best players on the park till he got injured. I think he'll go on to do well abroad, good luck Jose!

Yes,and that was it my friend.

No Nonsense

Lets hope he shows something we've not seen from him over their then. If not, there is no chance of them taking up the option of a permenant deal. On a positive note; my ticker will breathe a huge sigh of relief now that he's away. Boy gave me heart attacks whenever he had the ball at his feet. Now all we need is to get a gaffer followed by some proper footballers and were back on track!

marshallschunkychicken

I don't think Jose does.

At the risk of sounding like Eric Cantona, if you plant prize roses in a desert dont be surprised when they wither and die.

Guest JamboRobbo

So what you're really saying is, he had a good half hour in a game once.

Gavsy Van Gaverson

I'll miss him running about like a headless chicken.

Oh, I'll also miss those long throws. Phwoar!!!!!

:rolleyes:

Agreed. Some people on here are just ridiculous with some of their scathing comments.

Will be sad to see him go. He had great potential.

The Wicker Man
with Hearts placing a ?2m valuation on the player's head

Who knows where that will end up! :rolleyes:

Something not quite right here.

Clum and Driver can't go anywhere until a new manager is appointed - but Jose can ?

jose had a terrible season but i always thought he was one of our better players and given the fact that he is only 23/24 i think we are losing out on what could have become a really good player

tolcross lad

He was far too timid to be an SPL player.He shirked from 50/50 balls and relied on speed.He was not prepared to put his head to ball where it might hurt.I could go on but there is no point.He may have been kidding us all on to get a move but I doubt it.

A very personable and charming personality.Good luck to him.

Watch him go onto become a Portuguese legend.....maybe

:rolleyes:

Couldn't care less about Goncalves to be honest. Never really bonded with the fans, marched to his own tune that lad...

**** him, crap team player.

I always rated Goncalves over Wallace, i'll say this again good players don't become bad. Lets start looking at our coaching staff or lack of coaching staff. To only have Frail as a coach is appalling for 3rd biggest supported football club in Scotland.

I always rated Goncalves over Wallace, i'll say this again good players don't become bad. Lets start looking at our coaching staff or lack of coaching staff. To only have Frail as a coach is appalling for 3rd biggest supported football club in Scotland.

Spot on. Don't see the relevance to Jose there though. He was never a good player. Not saying our set up helped him develop but IMO he showed very little to suggest he was anything other than athletic.

Drylaw Hearts

I find it a bit strange that Elliot has to wait for a Manager to be appointed before he can move, yet a deal for Goncalves looks to have been agreed.

:confused:

chester copperpot

I'll give my opinion on Teeth Controller boy, if thats ok. Goncalves looked very decent in our first season. He has been woeful since IMO. I dont think he's suited to the pressing game of the SPL.

Think he will be better in a better league/team, but I agree with JR, he's mince.

I find it a bit strange that Elliot has to wait for a Manager to be appointed before he can move, yet a deal for Goncalves looks to have been agreed.

:confused:

Stevie Frail won't allow it in case he gets the gig. He doesn't want to lose his best player ;)

Dirk Diggler

Ever since he was laid out at Hampden in the big semi (I honestly thought he was dead and they were digging a hole for the boy there and then) he has been gash.

Putting aside, If we can, the managerial issues at the club for one second, Jose Goncalves has not shown one ounce of anything which suggests to me he'd be able to cut it in any league in Europe.

An absolute bombscare and should we manage to get rid of Neilson and Clum before the start of next season, I'd be delighted.

Charlie-Brown

There's probably the possibility of recouping a fee from letting Goncalves go to Germany - I doubt ICT are offering much if anything for Elliot.

I can't decide whether Jose flattered to deceive in his first season and was actually crap as we've seen this year. Or he was actually a good player who's never recovered from the injury in the Cup Semi. Either way for the last season he's been an absolute disaster, who looks more pashed than Bikerjambo on a Friday night when he's got the ball at his feet.

No great loss.

Bambi has been terrible but tbh I do see another bednar type situation

We saw in the first 6 months before his injury that he was simply class, we have ruined that and if he refinds that I am in no doubt he will be an EPL and international again

That aside no player will do anything whilst romanov and co ruin them so we may as well let them go

Miller Jambo 60
Imposter.

Good riddance.

He should be going on trial there for the charge of failing to perform in a Hearts jersey.

Correct what a baleeeeeeeeeeeee dancer GTF

Big Jose wearing a bit of Stone island.

Nutter

Probably snide just like his own performances.

:mad:

Archived