Viva Craig Levein

Thought Police

Thought Police

Celtic and Hibs put to the sword at Fortress Tynie.

Academy better than it has been in donkeys.

Scrapping Hibees

Legend

• Replies 211
  • Created
  • Last Reply

This is a momentous result for Craig and he deserves a lot of plaudits. I'm sure he feels he is still a long way from having a Hearts team as good as he wants but the way he has solidified us (along with his outstanding captain) and made us difficult to beat and play against is to his huge credit. 

Whilst this took a late scrappy goal this result is up there with the 5-1, the late wins at Eatser Road, the win in Bordeaux and our tremendous effort in Braga. This is a result that can be the basis for a great 2nd half to the season.

Craig Levein’s Edinburgh derby record as player and Manager. P53 W26 D20 L7. Thats legendary.

Git to give him credit. Built a team when he got blamed for Robbie's and cathro's teams. Shoes he always supported his manager as his own personal signings have been so different. He got the team to fight and he fights from the dug out literally. 

ToadKiller Dog

The Hamilton game we saw signs of CL of old, taking no crap, then when he destroyed Mickey Stewart. 

Now he certainly is back, best manager in the league tactically. 

4 minutes ago, Koolkeith said:

Anyone seen the Hearts fan from the West  of Scotland?

Any in particular?

There are quite a lot of us, currently on a packed Glasgow Hearts bus back to the west

And 2 more players possibly to come in a midfielder and a winger he said in Sky Sports interview 

The Old Levein is back ?

Celebrating on the pitch at the end like anyone in the stands.

How anyone ever doubted his commitment to Hearts I’ll never know.

He's doing a fine job of building the squad to compete in every match, seems to know exactly what type of player to bring in and has added freshness with a sprinkling of young players!

2 minutes ago, stevie1874 said:

The Old Levein is back ?

Celebrating on the pitch at the end like anyone in the stands.

How anyone ever doubted his commitment to Hearts I’ll never know.

Spot on Stevie.. we're slowly becoming a bit of a force to be reckoned with again.. on a high tonight!

That bit of argy bargy was absolutely priceless, there was no way he was backing down you shove me I will shove you twice as hard. We even got the throw in eventually.

Dusk_Till_Dawn

Massive result and i’m one of many people who need to cut him some slack. All looking a bit rosier than it was six weeks ago

8 minutes ago, feedthefox said:

That bit of argy bargy was absolutely priceless, there was no way he was backing down you shove me I will shove you twice as hard. We even got the throw in eventually.

PHM  even took them on in the dugout 

I wonder if there are still fans out there that think he's the root of all our problems.

Levein is a very good football manager and we're lucky to have him. With him in charge you know that the team will be organised and have the right work ethic. I'm delighted for him tonight and I just hope we can go all the way in the cup this year.

HEARTS playing like their lives depend on it, feels a bit like season 2002 under levein wi all the late  derby goals

easter road PHIL STAMP,

Off course the 4-4  Game 

happy times 

go on CRAIGIE BOY

WorldChampions1902

Utterly delighted for Craig Levein especially. Hopefully the 'haters' will now cut the man some slack and let him get on with the job.

kingantti1874

Remember when we were a team of pussies.. So glad  we have levein back and Neilson and Cathro nowhere near the club.. Give him a 5 year contract tomorrow

Absolute legend and its a disgrace what some people say about him. He is one of the most passionate managers you will see in football in todays world

tartofmidlothian

"Speaking after the game, Craig said: “It’s a massive win for us. The longer the run goes on the more difficult it becomes and the more steely Hibs become in order to protect something, so we needed to break it and break it as quickly as possible."

:yas:

11 minutes ago, WorldChampions1902 said:

Utterly delighted for Craig Levein especially. Hopefully the 'haters' will now cut the man some slack and let him get on with the job.

I was against Levein coming in but let's drop the "hater" pish. Its the polar opposite of "erse licker". Many fans were sceptical but i am delighted, absolutely delighted to give credit to Craig Levein for today's result, for sorting out the defence - 7 shut outs is phenomenal - and for bringing in top class signings like McLaughlin, Berra, Lafferty and Naismith, the spine of our team. As Michael Stewart said, the only way to answer the criticism is to turn the situation around. He has done that and full credit to him  I expect praise from the Sportscene pundits too shortly . Credit also to Ann Budge for sanctioning the Naismith deal. A great day to be a Jambo,, finally putting Hibs back in their box and getting a decent draw for the next round. 

siegementality
39 minutes ago, tntjambo said:

And 2 more players possibly to come in a midfielder and a winger he said in Sky Sports interview 

Any link to the interview?

Deserves credit for turning things around at half time.  Hibs had started to get a hold in midfield in what was a fairly even first half, but we dominated almost entirely the second half, apart from a 5 minute spell of pressure from them late on, before we got the winner.

53 minutes ago, Gambo said:

Got it right today and got the deserved result so well done Levein.

How long has he been getting it right with the academy Gambo do you reckon?

Is the answer possibly 3 1/2 years?

I hope some of the haters are starting to feel pretty embarrassed by some of the drivel they were directing at Levein a couple of months back.

Steve_Jersey_HMFC
41 minutes ago, TurboT said:

His record v hibs is phenomenal ?

Before the game they said something like

only 3 defeats in 15 as manager (that'll be 16 now), but his record as a player was even better 4 defeats out of 38 derbies. 

PHM

The turnaround since he took over is phenomenal. 

We're far from the finished article, but the days of meek Cathro performances are gone. 

I genuinely think that anyone that was ever against Levein has a screw loose or is some sort of west coast journo.

Nothing in his career suggested anything other than his appointment being an absolutely solid one that would turn things around.

Odd.

2 minutes ago, Ray Gin said:

I hope some of the haters are starting to feel pretty embarrassed by some of the drivel they were directing at Levein a couple of months back.

When you are getting beat of Kilmarnock and a poor Rangers or drawing at home to Partick etc you deserve criticism, likewise if you beat Celtic and Hibs you deserve praise. It really is simple.

Archived