Too early for Milinkovic decision

The Future's Maroon

The Future's Maroon
57 minutes ago, Spencer said:

I'd take Sammon over Stockton too 

Off topic I know, apologies.

Speaking of Sammon.

Was it Cathro who farmed out Sammon at the start of the season, I think it was?

Levein might just fancy giving him a chance, anyone know if he can be recalled?

3 minutes ago, The Future's Maroon said:

Off topic I know, apologies.

Speaking of Sammon.

Was it Cathro who farmed out Sammon at the start of the season, I think it was?

Levein might just fancy giving him a chance, anyone know if he can be recalled?

Think Cathro emptied him twice in his spell with us 

Liamthejambo

I think the issue is , we’re not seeing everyone in their natural position , if you see what I mean, this guy in particular looks good , but what we need , and hopefully we will get once injuries and couple of signings , is to see everyone playing in their best position . 

I like Milinkovic; good work rate, good with both feet and decent distribution. Think he’s sparky rather than having genuine pace but hoping he can kick on and get amongst the goals to really prove his worth! Starting with another double against the H1b5.

I like Milinkovic too. He is very much a bog standard winger at this level but he adds a bit of excitement and could be an entertaining player to have in the side. I think Leveins correct to play it cool. If we get too interested it could cause Genoa to add money we can't afford to his transfer fee, and if they do that we can (and probably will) shop elsewhere. 

He can play he's proved that, no one would fancy waiting till the very end of his loan agreement to find out if he's wanted or not,  he might look ahead and tell his agent to sort out his future away from us if we leave it to long, and if his form continues he will get better offers than we can pay him, my thoughts are that Levein has decided he's gone at the end of the season. It might be that Levein sees him as to erratic for us and wants a player who can deliver most weeks, which he hasn't shown so far he can do.

20 hours ago, BigDave'sHeed said:

All good points, but tbh I like the players to be good at football.

Playing ball boy and running about ala Cowie isn't what we need.

If his best attributes are urgency and teamwork we need better to improve.

Feigning injury is also shit patter and hardly a quality to be judging a player on. He's good at following over, let's sign him we are missing that?

He's shown glimpses but we need to be talking about good footballing performances not collecting the ball and running about if he's to be good enough for us.

The fact that most are saying his quality is in fighting and working hard indicates he won't be good enough for us.

As someone else has pointed out, it was the opposition player who was feigning injury, not Milinkovic. Milinkovic was making him hurry the hell up because we weren't winning. Meanwhile, Walker et al were picking their noses. 

You're also pulling all kinds of unjustified extrapolations from my comments. I was saying he is determined to win games. You've tried to use that to supports your apparent opinion that he is lacking in talent.

Bazzas right boot
4 hours ago, Hearts_fan said:

As someone else has pointed out, it was the opposition player who was feigning injury, not Milinkovic. Milinkovic was making him hurry the hell up because we weren't winning. Meanwhile, Walker et al were picking their noses. 

You're also pulling all kinds of unjustified extrapolations from my comments. I was saying he is determined to win games. You've tried to use that to supports your apparent opinion that he is lacking in talent.

Aye,. Made an arse of that.

Tbh, I'm just pointing out that folk are talking about his effort and work rate and not, for example his crossing, passing, goals, runs- all things I'd like to be talking about when discussing Hearts wingers.

It is early days, new country etc and he did play well v Celtic.

We are playing it right, however if it was a yeah or nah right now I'm on the nah side.

Good, keep him keen. It’s not like clubs will be queing up to sign him based on one game, albeit it was an astounding performance from him that day.

19 hours ago, BigDave'sHeed said:

Aye,. Made an arse of that.

Tbh, I'm just pointing out that folk are talking about his effort and work rate and not, for example his crossing, passing, goals, runs- all things I'd like to be talking about when discussing Hearts wingers.

It is early days, new country etc and he did play well v Celtic.

We are playing it right, however if it was a yeah or nah right now I'm on the nah side.

Sure, I just think without effort and focus, having all the talent in the world would be pointless.

I think one of the drawbacks of internet forums is the ease with which people can take polarised views from each other and in many cases it's probably unmerited. Obviously I'm including myself in that. 

I certainly agree with you when it comes to not wastefully throwing contracts at players. My view is that players need to earn – or otherwise undoubtedly merit – longer contracts. Osh, Martin and Sammon seem like crazy situations in terms of contracts, and I hope we don't make more of those mistakes. 

Archived